Javito Posted February 2, 2012 at 06:10 PM Posted February 2, 2012 at 06:10 PM There's something called "bonus iTunes exclusive songs" or "special digital download" today where they use to put all those extra songs that does not FIT in the album. So if René and Céline's Sony Music team had their brains in 2012 year they would USE this new tools today to put all those Vegas covers, and let the standard album alone all with brand new, original songs. This way, we would end up with more songs, too. But of course, they will mix up the apples with potatoes without any criteria, as usual I am the only fan worried about cohesion in her albums? "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
fred Posted February 2, 2012 at 07:17 PM Posted February 2, 2012 at 07:17 PM I am the only fan worried about cohesion in her albums? No. But that's never been there. It was only the first two English albums which had something close to it. Since then it has all got worse and worse (LTAL albmost had it). I don't see why they would start now. I am not the least worried about the number of tracks. Why is that even something to worry about? It is the quality that is important. Is it not? /fred Peace and love to all.
Celine Fan 77 Posted February 2, 2012 at 07:59 PM Posted February 2, 2012 at 07:59 PM There's something called "bonus iTunes exclusive songs" or "special digital download" today where they use to put all those extra songs that does not FIT in the album. So if René and Céline's Sony Music team had their brains in 2012 year they would USE this new tools today to put all those Vegas covers, and let the standard album alone all with brand new, original songs. This way, we would end up with more songs, too. But of course, they will mix up the apples with potatoes without any criteria, as usual I am the only fan worried about cohesion in her albums? I always said it's important for the album to have a concept, something that unites the songs in a way. Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Javito Posted February 2, 2012 at 11:14 PM Posted February 2, 2012 at 11:14 PM No. But that's never been there. It was only the first two English albums which had something close to it. Since then it has all got worse and worse (LTAL albmost had it). I don't see why they would start now.I am not the least worried about the number of tracks. Why is that even something to worry about? It is the quality that is important. Is it not? /fred I think she was close with ANDHC too, that album talked about positiveness in every song (except GTSW) and it had a similar pattern of style given to the sound (pop/uptempo/dance) with the protools. But with this upcoming album, we don't know but I think they're going to through in all kind of songs and lyrics making a fruit salad where they think every kind of song fits, and I don't think so "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
TommKat22 Posted February 3, 2012 at 12:45 AM Posted February 3, 2012 at 12:45 AM Did you guys hear? Celine got sick with the flu. She was supposed to enter the recording studio on Sunday, but it never happened, so we'll have to wait even longer for studio updates now. I saw it on the Celine Dion Forum site on Facebook. Tommy
Angel2006 Posted February 3, 2012 at 02:12 AM Posted February 3, 2012 at 02:12 AM Did you guys hear? Celine got sick with the flu. She was supposed to enter the recording studio on Sunday, but it never happened, so we'll have to wait even longer for studio updates now. I saw it on the Celine Dion Forum site on Facebook. I know. I feel so bad for Celine. It sucks to have the flu. I hope she still gets a chance to record her album on her time off, when she's 100% better.
TommKat22 Posted February 3, 2012 at 02:17 AM Posted February 3, 2012 at 02:17 AM I know. I feel so bad for Celine. It sucks to have the flu. I hope she still gets a chance to record her album on her time off, when she's 100% better. I agree, it would be unfortunate if the album had to be postponed again. Tommy
spunkransum Posted February 3, 2012 at 03:27 AM Posted February 3, 2012 at 03:27 AM I agree, it would be unfortunate if the album had to be postponed again. Celine recorded "My Heart Will Go On," with the flu also, I hope she doesn't right now, but flu isn't going to stop Celine. I wish more people had her work ethic like Celine. The only thing that is going to truly stop recording is her loosing her voice. Just like the show, it will go on as long as she has a voice.
nystrele Posted February 3, 2012 at 04:59 AM Posted February 3, 2012 at 04:59 AM Hello, cool cats! A couple years ago, I had the opportunity to spend time with Celine producer Chris Neil, thanks to my pal Tinatin, who has recorded with him and co-wrote with Chris the first runner-up song "Is It True" for Eurovision... In that first meeting, I asked the poor man a thousand questions about his experiences with my faves Sheena Easton and Celine... He's back in NYC this week and I had another great meet-up with our hero tonight. Chris is a humble man, funny and full of British "irony." Easy to talk to, if not ever so slightly shy... which makes him all the more endearing... So here's the good stuff: He told me that Celine's upcoming English album is focusing on tracks from the Vegas show (we already know that "Open Arms" and "At 17" are confirmed) and that there hasn't been a lot of effort in searching out original material to balance out the project... unfortunately. As well, he said that Celine & Rene consider recording at this point a cursory obligation to Sony, given that releasing albums makes little money for most artists... that the real pay-off is performing -- a la the Vegas contract. Chris said that Celine is very content in Vegas and that she has little interest in hits or charts... that she is focused on the kids and doing her thing at Caesar's... and continuing to love it. An interesting anecdote that Chris shared: When Celine & Rene were building their new home in Florida, they put in the construction plans a "recording studio"... which meant a small dedicated space where Celine could pull up to the mic next to the kitchen... Apparently, some as*swipe neighbors objected, fearing that a studio in their high-end neighborhood might attract the wrong element... you know, RAPPERS and such... Yeah, that's certainly Celine's mojo, right? So ultimately, the local board rejected the studio as part of the property! Hope you'll check out my blog: TheSmokingNun.com... xoxoxoxo Cheers!=Chuck=
pat200 Posted February 3, 2012 at 06:32 AM Posted February 3, 2012 at 06:32 AM Thx Chuck for that. It is really sad though. They are doing the album just for contractual reasons. How kind of them and how caring towards the fans. So it is all about the money for them after all. I do not want to rant, but it is really disappointing... She could record an album in 1 week and release it for us to buy without promotion if she doesn't care about hits and charts. We don't want greatest hits repackaged every two years.
ferjaacu Posted February 3, 2012 at 06:52 AM Posted February 3, 2012 at 06:52 AM Interesting anecdote Chuck !! Thanks for the info http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3216/5786913948_369265dbeb_m.jpg FERLO
anewdayhascome Posted February 3, 2012 at 08:38 AM Posted February 3, 2012 at 08:38 AM (edited) so postponing and postponing doesn't mean search for NEW songs That's totally disappointing. But thanks Chuck. No what we are going to wait for is only the French album. It's just sad that they don't focus on the English album to make it great and at the same time for fun. They really need to leave Sony. If we are meant to wait for the real new English album more months/years it would be better than bouncing here and back and finally get nothing new. And yes, Javito. ANDHC had a kind of a concept. It was the joy of birth, of life, of happiness. And both the lyrics and melodies had the same character Edited February 3, 2012 at 08:43 AM by anewdayhascome A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
duri Posted February 3, 2012 at 09:50 AM Posted February 3, 2012 at 09:50 AM Thanks Cuck for interesting info. Well many of us was thinking that she wants to be in Vegas of course because of her family life, but also because of MONEY, and now we have another opinion it´s the reason, albums are not selling like 10 years ago, so if you wants money you must do shows/tours (BTW also Madonna told recently she will go on tour, ebcause she had most money of it). It is sad that they are not interesting in new songs, after 5 years of break of recording, hope one day Céline´s passion for recording will return, but let´s wait and see ... Céline told us in her video message she enjoy recording her new albums ... Thank God she is also recording in french, it seems she is more interesting in her french recording than in english now. http://www.supermusic.sk/obrazky/80543_Celine%209.jpg
Javito Posted February 3, 2012 at 10:07 AM Posted February 3, 2012 at 10:07 AM (edited) Thank you very much Chuck for the updates! Cool you've met Christpher Neil (ahh the Unison days!!! ). His songs are one of my favourites from the first english album. On the other hand, you have confirmed exactly what we suspected about the new albums and Céline's/René's vision towards recording So here's the good stuff: He told me that Celine's upcoming English album is focusing on tracks from the Vegas show (we already know that "Open Arms" and "At 17" are confirmed) and that there hasn't been a lot of effort in searching out original material to balance out the project... unfortunately. Unfortunately and sad, indeed And it's even sadder that its one of her first songwritters who has to admit this, because its has to be frustrating that the first people who believed in Céline sending her the best original songs are now seeing how she dedicates her talent just to record some random covers here and there As well, he said that Celine & Rene consider recording at this point a cursory obligation to Sony, given that releasing albums makes little money for most artists... that the real pay-off is performing -- a la the Vegas contract. Chris said that Celine is very content in Vegas and that she has little interest in hits or charts... that she is focused on the kids and doing her thing at Caesar's... and continuing to love it. So? Since when was the MONEY a problem for Céline & René??? Or are we missing something behind all this? Honestly I understand less and less René and his manager skills these days. I can't believe he's talking that way, the man who moved heaven and earth to deliver the best songs and producers to each album of Céline!!! If they are not happy with Sony (which I'm not convinced is the problem) they have several solutions, if they REALLY CARED about this new album: - abandon Sony and start your own label, as he did in the begginings of her career. If one man can manage to start his own label is such a couple in the business like Céline and René. - After 30 years of career and 24 years with Sony Music I can't believe he seems to kneel down before Sony the way he's talking. René, do you want a brand new album with new songs? or do you want an album with covers because Sony is not interested in recording music today? But what do you want? Accept blindly what Sony is telling you or do the album you want for the fans?? Because to me, he's only agreeing with what he says Sony has told him about recording He must have the same apathy towards this album. Otherwise, a man with such position in the music business wouldn't be resigning to that. - Also, this only proves that they've completely put the fans out of their enthusiasm in doing new music: what's been of the Céline and René who released in 2003 "One Heart" just because they wanted all the fans to have something new, both those who could attend the show and those who couldn't? If they cared about fans, they would have ALREADY released this album, full of new songs, for all the fans to enjoy it wherever they were. And if Sony was to be the problem (which I don't believe), they have some very easy alternatives to do that album. They just don't want to. So maybe $$$ is really the main problem here, and the only thing he cares about now (after making us believe all these long years it wasn't?) Sorry to be this harsh, but I'm SO disappointed with this man now. I never thought he could talk like this and resign to the "performing thing" when he has all the means to exit Sony and make as many albums as he wants the way he wants Like I said, how can it be that the same man who moved heaven and earth to find the best original songs, songwriters and producers in the planet to release a new album EACH year is talking this way now? How can money change a person!! Edited February 3, 2012 at 10:12 AM by Javito "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Claudette Posted February 3, 2012 at 10:35 AM Posted February 3, 2012 at 10:35 AM (edited) How can money change a person!! Because the more money you have the more you want. So I guess he will do anything in his power to get what he wants. Reading Chuck's confirmation of what we have been speculating about for months now just makes me really sad. I have lost the last bit of hope I had for this album to be any good. My question is just this: if they really don't care about charts anymore and are just recording an album because of contractional obligations, why can't they at least give the fans what they want? I don't believe for one minute that they don't get hundreds of new songs by songwriters. Is it really such a big effort for them to just sit on their butts for one day and choose a few songs. It doesn't make any difference to her which songs she records, she has to record, so at least treat the fans with some new songs. If it charts, it's an added bonus. If it doesn't, at least we get new songs. Edited February 3, 2012 at 10:39 AM by Claudette http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
Javito Posted February 3, 2012 at 10:51 AM Posted February 3, 2012 at 10:51 AM Because the more money you have the more you want. So I guess he will do anything in his power to get what he wants. Reading Chuck's confirmation of what we have been speculating about for months now just makes me really sad. I have lost the last bit of hope I had for this album to be any good. My question is just this: if they really don't care about charts anymore and are just recording an album because of contractional obligations, why can't they at least give the fans what they want? I don't believe for one minute that they don't get hundreds of new songs by songwriters. Is it really such a big effort for them to just sit on their butts for one day and choose a few songs. It doesn't make any difference to her which songs she records, she has to record, so at least treat the fans with some new songs. If it charts, it's an added bonus. If it doesn't, at least we get new songs. Exactly Claudette, exactly! If it's not about the charts anymore, how is it that they are so OBSESSED with recording covers? I'll tell you why: because if they're recording something these days, they want to bet on safe soil and record songs they know people will "recognize" . That's the mystery behind all the cover thing obsession, just the same as happens with the Vegas setlist and the insistence in loading it with covers. If he didn't care about hits or charts, he would be giving in Vegas the best ORIGINAL Céline show and would be recording an album full of brand new original songs (it it wouldn't have been released by now already!) So he says its not about hits and charts anymore, but they want to have safe songs in the album ah? ... Contradictions everywhere René! Time after time we see that the only thing he cares about is $€$€ today, and NOT FANS "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
manu23 Posted February 3, 2012 at 11:15 AM Posted February 3, 2012 at 11:15 AM (edited) What about all those songs written for her? Many songwriters said they were writing for her. Let's wait and see.. Could it also be that the "good" new songs are not send to Celine anymore? I think producers and songwriters want to work with younger artists, because they know their songs would have more chances to be hits, if Madonna new single is a very bad copy of Avril Lavigne's (her worst song in years) I can imagine what Celine is getting... I'm going to wait and see, I still have hopes in this album Edited February 3, 2012 at 11:16 AM by manu23
jeje03100 Posted February 3, 2012 at 11:35 AM Posted February 3, 2012 at 11:35 AM I do not think that this is true because: celine said they received a news songs that was in time and in addition given the number of person who wrote the new album (rick alisson just said that work with chris neil on new songs for Celine)
joaofilho Posted February 3, 2012 at 11:47 AM Posted February 3, 2012 at 11:47 AM I am very saddened by this news, already have a good time I'm waiting for something new, not new songs and recordings of other singers, Celine is still young and she surely can launch new things and be on top, but it seems that they do not are concerned with this, the career of celine sinking that's the truth, she is living in old hits and successes of other singers, it's sad that this changes nothing. Again I say that while it is in Vegas nothing will change about the music, can see that when she went to Vegas, she released a new album with new things. I am very sad about what is happening with her career, it seems that they stopped in time and do not want to know anything else.
LeChauffeur100 Posted February 3, 2012 at 12:09 PM Posted February 3, 2012 at 12:09 PM René, it's time to retire... EVERYONE AFRAID TO BE FORGOTTEN - album & film by ionnalee; out NOW at ionnalee.comhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF-8uJUpL5A
artistman2007 Posted February 3, 2012 at 12:48 PM Posted February 3, 2012 at 12:48 PM Maybe Rene was a good manager when they first started but now she really needs a new manager thats life Anyway
Anna1990 Posted February 3, 2012 at 01:11 PM Posted February 3, 2012 at 01:11 PM What about all those songs written for her? Many songwriters said they were writing for her. Let's wait and see.. Could it also be that the "good" new songs are not send to Celine anymore? I think producers and songwriters want to work with younger artists, because they know their songs would have more chances to be hits, if Madonna new single is a very bad copy of Avril Lavigne's (her worst song in years) I can imagine what Celine is getting... I'm going to wait and see, I still have hopes in this album I agree with you.
stevo Posted February 3, 2012 at 01:34 PM Posted February 3, 2012 at 01:34 PM Can I just ask how Chris Neil would know anything about the new album?
Javito Posted February 3, 2012 at 01:50 PM Posted February 3, 2012 at 01:50 PM Can I just ask how Chris Neil would know anything about the new album? I think it was told back in 2010 that this man was one of the songwriters who were being considered for the new album, or that he had sent one/several new songs to them for the new english album. However at this point I don't know if he was turned down or what, judging how the events have developed since then. "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
stevo Posted February 3, 2012 at 01:55 PM Posted February 3, 2012 at 01:55 PM I just think it unlikely that he would know very much that goes on outside of his own commitments to any proposed new song for the album. I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I don't see how he can comment that there has been little effort in sourcing original material as surely he wouldn't have a clue of any other proposed songs?
nystrele Posted February 3, 2012 at 02:07 PM Posted February 3, 2012 at 02:07 PM Can I just ask how Chris Neil would know anything about the new album? Chris Neil and Rick Allison were integrally involved in writing new songs for the English & French albums at the beginning of the process, some six months ago or more... From what I gather, after the "experiment" of "Taking Chances," the Sony folks and Rene were eager to work with songwriters/producers that made Celine famous in the first place (Chris, of course, with Celine's first 3-4 English albums and Rick with Lara Fabian's brush with fame)... I know for a fact that Chris is back in the Celine camp with Rene and that they are very fond of him: He and my friend Tinatin were backstage in Vegas several months ago, and they talked about composing new songs for what THEN was going to be an album comprising mostly new material... However, Chris told me that he is no longer involved in the upcoming English album, since its focus apparently is on the Vegas show tunes instead of new material... which breaks my heart. Hearing "Open Arms" as a studio track... who cares? And anyone who loves "At Seventeen" has already nabbed it from Celine's TV performances, right? Sigh...
Javito Posted February 3, 2012 at 02:39 PM Posted February 3, 2012 at 02:39 PM However, Chris told me that he is no longer involved in the upcoming English album, since its focus apparently is on the Vegas show tunes instead of new material... which breaks my heart. Hearing "Open Arms" as a studio track... who cares? And anyone who loves "At Seventeen" has already nabbed it from Celine's TV performances, right? Sigh... Couldn't have said better that, Chris In the case of "At Seventeen", what version is going to beat the first one of all, in the Grammys of 2008? That was THE performance. None of the versions that have come later has the magic of the first one we saw her singing it in the Grammys. So, what's the need of a studio version? I wouldn't have even consider that song for the Vegas show, when she has SO MANY incredible songs of her own They always like to squeeze these songs until the magic is over "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Shamrock_1982 Posted February 3, 2012 at 03:12 PM Posted February 3, 2012 at 03:12 PM (edited) My contact @ Sony UK said they have been told nothing yet regarding the album, which I find worrying as the elease date is pencilled in at the minute for May as we all know ( unless the info. has not been passed down the correct channels )... so it does sound like someone is a tad confused.com in the Celine camp, so I wouldn't be surprised if she records more songs from the show, The Bond & MJ songs, Lullaby, How do you keep the music playing and has 2/3 new songs on this upcoming album and simply called it Celine. hmmmmmm Edited February 3, 2012 at 03:13 PM by Shamrock29
manu23 Posted February 3, 2012 at 03:16 PM Posted February 3, 2012 at 03:16 PM My contact @ Sony UK said they have been told nothing yet regarding the album, which I find worrying as the elease date is pencilled in at the minute for May as we all know ( unless the info. has not been passed down the correct channels )... so it does sound like someone is a tad confused.com in the Celine camp, so I wouldn't be surprised if she records more songs from the show, The Bond & MJ songs, Lullaby, How do you keep the music playing and has 2/3 new songs on this upcoming album and simply called it Celine. hmmmmmm Not Lullaby, The Bond or MJ songs please Celine, you voice is on top now, give us good songs please
Recommended Posts