Jump to content

New English Album - "Water and a Flame" (Pre-Release Thread Part 1)


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

bloody hell then just release a live album! :doh:

 

Thanks for the info Chuck, it break my heart too and it worries me... They are letting her English career bleed to death! :doh: :dots: :ranting:

 

Our only hopes are now the french album :down:

 

I do believe it's time for a new manager, that is if Céline herself still cares about any form of career or just is happy singing the same old fecking songs for the next 40 years :glare: I don't even think Céline knows what she wants anymore :cry:

Edited by Davey84


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted (edited)

really? album with songs of vegas & ONLY 2 new song?

 

if it's true, I very very disappointed of celine & why is any such postponement?

if the album and an album of covers he could go out in November 2011 as planned by rené departing

& Where are the news song whose authors' writing for her?

 

 

I am really very angry I do not recognize celine

 

5 years for two new songs?

Edited by jeje03100
Posted

Exactly that's what I've been sAying. If they are carrying about Vegas so much and those covers release a live cd just like with AND with 2 new songs and that's fine. But wasting time recording them in studio? No!

 

But the saddest and the worst thing is that they initially planned a new fresh album without this crap! I'm not disappointed. I've been disappointed but now I'm sad

A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Posted

I was just guessing jeje03100...

Nothing has been confirmed regarding the album other than 3 songs from the show have already been recorded and will be on it.

Posted (edited)
Chris Neil and Rick Allison were integrally involved in writing new songs for the English & French albums at the beginning of the process, some six months ago or more... From what I gather, after the "experiment" of "Taking Chances," the Sony folks and Rene were eager to work with songwriters/producers that made Celine famous in the first place (Chris, of course, with Celine's first 3-4 English albums and Rick with Lara Fabian's brush with fame)...

 

I know for a fact that Chris is back in the Celine camp with Rene and that they are very fond of him: He and my friend Tinatin were backstage in Vegas several months ago, and they talked about composing new songs for what THEN was going to be an album comprising mostly new material...

 

However, Chris told me that he is no longer involved in the upcoming English album, since its focus apparently is on the Vegas show tunes instead of new material... which breaks my heart. Hearing "Open Arms" as a studio track... who cares? And anyone who loves "At Seventeen" has already nabbed it from Celine's TV performances, right? Sigh...

Let me add, Chuck that even Chris Neil wouldn't have been something new, or something that could add some freshness to Celine's music: actually he even produced a track on Celine's 'Taking Chances' (i.e. 'Right Next To The Right One').

 

But why all of you seem so surprised by the choice of recording the song performed on Vegas show? It was crystal clear since early 2010 that the album would have been about the song performed in the new Vegas show (check here http://www.celinedion.com/press/celine-dio...singermusician).

Edited by Ronny83
Posted

but it wasn't supposed to be the only focus

And if it was supposed to be only that they could have released right away in March 2011 to advertise the show with it.

A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Posted
but it wasn't supposed to be the only focus

And if it was supposed to be only that they could have released right away in March 2011 to advertise the show with it.

We all know why it wasn't released in March 2011. She hadn't time to record it.

Posted
Everyone blames Rene, but Rene's probably the reason we're getting any album at all. I don't believe for once second that Celine's active in wanting to do this project. Wow, that was really tough to read. Very, very tough.

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted

Thanks Chuck. Amazing news!!!!!!!

This album is going to fly off the shelves, people will be rushing to buy it. Along with a programme, a keyring and a water glass. Before heading back to sit on a re-inforced stool for another 4 hours staring at some blinking lights.

 

Meanwhile outside of Caesars Palace the rest of the world will think "oh right, I won't bother going to her in Vegas now, I'll just buy this CD instead; but not right now, I'll wait two months and buy it reduced"

 

Win win! Thank you Feeling. You've done it again. :(

 

 

 

 

Good grief! Can the news from this album get anymore depressing. I was very interested to see Chris Neil involved again. But if he really is pulling out due to the lack of creativity then it's a terrible sign.

Celine is an amazing performer, a wonderful woman and I love her to bits. But they need a wake up call if they think they are doing her musical legacy any favours here.

http://www.powerofthemusic.com/other/FORUMSIG1.png

Posted (edited)
bloody hell then just release a live album! :doh:

 

 

Exactly that's what I've been sAying. If they are carrying about Vegas so much and those covers release a live cd just like with AND with 2 new songs and that's fine. But wasting time recording them in studio? No!

 

But the saddest and the worst thing is that they initially planned a new fresh album without this crap! I'm not disappointed. I've been disappointed but now I'm sad

 

That's it, LIVE ALBUM then!!! And we can all finally forget about the Vegas songs!! What's the need of recording the songs in the studio for God's sake, such a waste of time! Because in the end we'll have TWO CD'S with these songs, studio + live recordings, since we'll eventually have this live CD sooner or later when the show ends :doh: :pinch: :doh:

 

But why all of you seem so surprised by the choice of recording the song performed on Vegas show? It was crystal clear since early 2010 that the album would have been about the song performed in the new Vegas show (check here http://www.celinedion.com/press/celine-dio...singermusician).

 

They've gone in circles so much with the theme of this album that I'm lost too, but If I do recall well, in the beggining (like in 2010 or so) they said the main focus of the album would be the new Vegas show (like Chuck says he was told by Chris Neil in 2010), then they said sometime later that they changed their mind and it would include only 3-4 songs and the rest would be original material, and today I don't know what the hell they're doing, but it seems the Vegas concept is still the main obsession focus :sick:

 

How many changes of mind this album has seen/going to see yet?

Edited by Javito

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted
Seems like things are getting worse... So sad!
16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
Posted
I think it's going to be better to wait for official confirmations instead of going crazy with these things.

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted
this thread makes me sick, i think i'll stay out of it now
Posted
this thread makes me sick, i think i'll stay out of it now

Nmj

 

You have to understand that the fans like to talk about this particular thing, it's very exciting for all of us.

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted

Dissapointing, sad, frustrating, annoying, heart broken........

 

need i go on?

 

I suppose that is only one person, and maybe if he had the hump over something, thats why he said these things, heres hoping

 

But when it comes down to it, he only said what we were thinking and being talking about the last 3 years

 

who knows, after this usless album, maybe next year we will get that fresh album, at the end of the day, if they record these songs now, then they are out the way, the only way then is new songs

 

very angry and dissapointed

 

kev x

Posted

Is this not the most confusing new album project we've ever heard of in her entire career? Honestly it feels like the never ending "What If's" like nobody knows what in the hell is going on.....not even release dates. But they were supposed to start recording this week, so they must have songs "Good to go."

 

Woah.

 

I gotta just take a break from all of this and stop wondering. What will be will be. Whenever in the hell that is.

Posted
Had an interview with Rene last year, I do not remember where it was, the more he said that we would be disappointed when the album was released, and because he is right, perhaps even the songs from the show in the studio, I do not know which they release these songs, what a mess I do not think they know what they are doing, are confused, I think they are so worried about the show and the family and nothing else, then because she does not retire soon and leave fans in hopes of creating , to launch more than one live album, so the DVD launch. Disappointed and sad we can only hope that will happen.
Posted

This is an artist who cares and wants to be relevent:

 

Madonna new single Give Me All Your Luvin was played on 95 American radio stations at the exact same moment and the videoclip was shown on more than 16.000 billboards world wide

 

:whistling:


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted (edited)
This is an artist who cares and wants to be relevent:

 

Madonna new single Give Me All Your Luvin was played on 95 American radio stations at the exact same moment and the videoclip was shown on more than 16.000 billboards world wide

 

:whistling:

Too bad nowadays she has to resort working with crap artists, like M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj to get airplay. ''Give Me All Your Luvin'' is literally a carbon copy of Avril Lavigne's crappy song ''Girlfriend'' (a song that was released 5 years ago lol!).

Edited by Calypso
normal_one-heart-7.jpg

Posted

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I respect that. However I for one will certainly not sit here and criticise/moan about an album that has yet to be released. I have never been disappointed with a release of Celine's, and I doubt that will change now. As for why she is releasing the album, it doesn't bother me that it may be down to a contract alone, I'm grateful we are getting an album full stop. If she didn't care that much she would release a crappy album with no thought put into it, but this Vegas-related album is obviously a concept they want to explore, and I look forward to it.

 

Celine has given us so much over the years, so I don't begrudge her the downtime she wants, and you can compare her to artists such as Madonna as much as you like, they are two people with different goals. Celine is satisfied with her career and feels she has nothing to prove, and Madonna wants to keep going. Neither of these is the right answer, it's down to the person.

 

As I say, each to their own, but I certainly am looking forward to it. I'm sure it will be well put together, an excellent blend of songs and as long as I get to hear that voice on ANY song, I'm happy.

EZRRIMBUMAEcL2n.jpg

Posted
I always want Celine to give much more of herself into the albums

#FREEJAVITO

 

Posted

Madonna and Celine are different but it certainly does frustrate me when I see artists like her and the publicity and well-planned promotion...Celine has been stuck in a rut, no dout, for many, many years. We just have to accept that THAT'S WHAT SHE WANTS.

 

Boohoo :(

Posted
This is an artist who cares and wants to be relevent:

 

Madonna new single Give Me All Your Luvin was played on 95 American radio stations at the exact same moment and the videoclip was shown on more than 16.000 billboards world wide

 

:whistling:

 

It's her record company work, they paid all those stations and billboards but Sony will never do that when they know Celine can sell same amount of records as Madonna and don'y spend money in marketing, the problem is that everybody knows that Madonna is alive but Celine...

 

Anyway, Madonna's song is crap :whistling:

Posted

Wish celine could have the same promo as madonna for album...

 

Btw i keep hearing madonna is the best selling female of all time with 300 millions. Whats that all about? I thought celine was...

Posted

It´s all about it that Madonna wants to be nb.1, she wants be at top of charts and so, I always thought that Céline could be more famous than she is if she wanted and if she had better promo in radio stations and televisions. She had very succsessful TC tour and no so many people knew about it, Madonna was also on tour in same time and her tour was also succesfull but there were info about it everywhere because she had bigger promo. And about best selling female artist, Céline´s people say Céline is Mariah´s people that Mariah is and Madonna tell it about Madonna, but true is that if we get albums and singles then Madonna is best seeling.

I´m really curious what type of promo Céline will do for new album, now if they are not very interested in recording this new english album (if it´s true) I´m not sure if there will be big promo for it, but as they are so interested in new french album (René told he can´t wait to introduce new french songs to people) it would be good to do big promo (think not only few tv specials but also some special shows or something like this) for new album and not only in Canada(Quebec) and France but also in another countries at least in Europe.

http://www.supermusic.sk/obrazky/80543_Celine%209.jpg
Posted (edited)
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I respect that. However I for one will certainly not sit here and criticise/moan about an album that has yet to be released. I have never been disappointed with a release of Celine's, and I doubt that will change now. As for why she is releasing the album, it doesn't bother me that it may be down to a contract alone, I'm grateful we are getting an album full stop. If she didn't care that much she would release a crappy album with no thought put into it, but this Vegas-related album is obviously a concept they want to explore, and I look forward to it.

 

For what purpose do a Live album serve then? Is the Las Vegas show a studio recording project? Nope. It's a show, a concert brought to the stage. So why they don't just do the proper thing and release a LIVE CD from the concert, like they did with A New Day in 2004? Is that hard to understand for René? :shrug:

 

Celine has given us so much over the years, so I don't begrudge her the downtime she wants, and you can compare her to artists such as Madonna as much as you like, they are two people with different goals. Celine is satisfied with her career and feels she has nothing to prove, and Madonna wants to keep going. Neither of these is the right answer, it's down to the person.

 

So the situation now its as if she was retiring from the music business. Only giving cents of concerts in only ONE place on Earth and at the same time saying that you don't care about releasing new albums for your fans and being in the spotlight is like saying you have lost all interest in your career except the money you get for performing. That's sad for an artist who has been a quality recording artist during so many years.

Edited by Javito

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted
This is her career though...at some point I believe that everyone gets burned out from their jobs.

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted
This is an artist who cares and wants to be relevent:

 

Madonna new single Give Me All Your Luvin was played on 95 American radio stations at the exact same moment and the videoclip was shown on more than 16.000 billboards world wide

 

:whistling:

 

Imagine Celine did that with the lead single of her upcoming album. Imagine the album becomes a BIG success. If that happens, people will buy the album, will listen again to Celine Dion, and WILL WANT HER TO DO A WORLD TOUR. I imagine one of the reasons why they probably don't have much expectations from this album is, I'm sure, the contract with Caesar's Palace. She is forced to stay there for the next 4 or 5 years, so any kind of world tour would be very very difficult to do. The promotional tour for this album is probably going to be very restricted as well. Don't you guys understand that she has a CONTRACT with Caesar's Palace?? With all its consequences!!

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted

Chuck that was possibly the most depressing post ever on a Celine forum! LOL

 

They are recording these days purely out of courtesy to Sony. How utterly depressing that is, just about sums up the passion they have for their business outside of Vegas.

 

Changed days indeed.

CDP.jpg

Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.

Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.

Posted
This is her career though...at some point I believe that everyone gets burned out from their jobs.

I agree with that to a certain extent. But there are so many things Celine hasn't done that it seems almost too early for her to be burned out or bored. Maybe if she started writing more songs she would feel more a connection to them and want to record them. Maybe she could look at a completely different genre of music that she hasn't really explored, like a jazz album or a blues album. Maybe she could sing about issues that matter to her beyond the theme of love. I think this is the point in her career when she can afford to really take chances. Celine could do pretty much anything she wanted and it wouldn't matter, because her shows would still sellout and she doesn't have a chart position to protect. And I don't mean the whole thing when Taking Chances was released and Celine told interviewers she was recording because she wanted to and had nothing to prove. Because having nothing to prove doesn't normally equate to doing the same thing as always because its what worked in the past. I wish that taking chances and having nothing to prove meant she was more likely to explore and try new things without caring if she failed. Because really, if you're doing it because you want to then who cares if it's a success?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...