Javito Posted February 4, 2012 at 02:19 PM Posted February 4, 2012 at 02:19 PM (edited) The thing here is that we're reaching FIVE years now without new music from Céline, remember that. It has never happened in her career before. The expectation is big (at least from our part, I don't know if the industry is waiting for her anymore) If René and her Sony team had some nose with the new times in music, they would know that bringing new music after SO MANY TIME would be the "correct" decission, if you get what I mean. You may agree more or disagree with the covers thing, but bringing an album with NEW songs is what many people would expect, after 5 years without releasing new music. That would be the best move, and the normal way to call the interest of the people for buying a CD today. Just try to be in their heads and think what would be the "normal" path to follow. Also, if they had some wise nose with them, they would know that, if they were to record many of the Vegas songs, fans would already know them because we've had dozens of bootlegs from the show and we already know the songs and how she sings them, so that's nothing new for the fans. So it would be obvious to record new songs instead, and leave the Vegas covers maybe as a bonus CD or why not, a live album (the normal thing to do, maybe?). But of course, since we live in the world up-side down in Célineland, they can load the album with the Vegas recordings, completely ignore that the fans would already know those songs by heart by the time they release the album, that they've been waiting 5 years for a new album, and let her career die in the most stupid way, ignoring the talent Céline has with recording a bunch of old covers when she could have used her (limited) free time to deliver new songs to her public *Please note my ironic mode is ON Edited February 4, 2012 at 02:22 PM by Javito "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Celine Fan 77 Posted February 4, 2012 at 02:19 PM Posted February 4, 2012 at 02:19 PM I don't get it. Didn't Humberto Gatica say the new english album will include covers of Etta James, Dinah Washington and Billie Holiday? Ok, they are covers but not the same covers she sings in Vegas! Rene said that Open Arms, At Seventeen and Ne Me Quitte Pas will be included, too, but now it is said that the album will include the Vegas covers and just two new songs. The new version of MHWGO is supposed to be one of the two new songs? I'll clear things up for you: The album is going to include studio versions of Open Arms, At Seventeen and Ne Me Quitte Pas. Also, it will include cover versions of songs originally recorded by the singers you just said. And finally, she'll give us a few new songs! Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Javito Posted February 4, 2012 at 02:28 PM Posted February 4, 2012 at 02:28 PM (edited) Also, I wanted to make something clear in my part. I'm not against Céline recording covers. I'm not against Céline recording these 4-5 Vegas covers. I AM against mixing the Vegas covers with some other new songs that have nothing to do with the Vegas thing. I am against ruining an album that is supposed to be new with some RANDOM songs that could be included aside in a bonus CD, or put in a LIVE CD, which would be the normal thing. The "Celine" show in Vegas is ONE thing, one project. The career of Celine outside Las Vegas is ANOTHER thing, and when it comes to recording a brand new album is ANOTHER project (in my view of course). You're doing a live show and want to release the songs to the public? Great, then do a LIVE CD of that show. You're releasing a new album? Then respect the word NEW and deliver NEW songs for it. Is that clear. It's OK she wants to record those songs, if she really wants to do that (and not by René's or Sony's imposition ), but there are plenty of other places where those songs could fit instead of her comeback "new" studio album in 5 years What I feel is that they don't have a clue how to do an album today and respect the cohesion of a tracklist. They just seem to enter the studio like a fair or a market and start recording songs like doing hot cakes, without any thought or criteria. I don't even want to know how the "concept album" word exists for her french albums, but they don't even respect this when it comes to her english CDs, moreover when its the first one in 5 years. Edited February 4, 2012 at 02:36 PM by Javito "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
celinesounds Posted February 4, 2012 at 02:58 PM Posted February 4, 2012 at 02:58 PM Don't try to confuse me Fernando... you won't succeed Yes, we don't know what's going to be in the CD, so that's why I LOVE the surprise factor of a full brand new album Have you forgotten the days when we rushed to the shop to buy the album because we didn't know what it would include and it had all new songs? Of course this no longuer exists since we have the Internet and we can preview all the songs before actually having the CD in our hands, but tell me what's the surprise if she sings live first the songs, and then we got them recorded in the studio for a CD? That's absurd. But I respect if you like that. And excuse me, but what you defend is not being contradictory, that's doing things the opposite way as they should be done Of course I would love her to do new things, but bringing first the songs live and then recording all them in the studio to give them in a CD months later that's just ridiculous. Also, who cares what CD's are for now today? Does Céline should even care, an artist who has recorded more than 30 albums? Maybe a new singer who's starting today shouldn't care about bringing their music in the form of an album, but not the case of Céline. She has more than 30 years of career behind. It's not because of introducing new material for her. It's for building a discography with new titles available and making them available for her fans. Yes, I'm a collector of physical music and I'm not ashamed to say that I still buy physical CD's and vinyls. I love to have them in my hands, touch them. I'm sure many people here also love to have them in their hands. Céline is IN that league. Would you stick to digital mp3 of live recordings from Céline from now on and eliminate the idea of having new studio albums? Perhaps you live in the digital "cloud", but not many fans. Like I say, Céline is not in that league. Having few sales of CD's shouldn't be a concern for her, other thing is that René or her are no longuer worried about recording albums anymore because they just don't want to. But not because sales are a problem for them. They're not fooling me And the most recent, At Seventeen! That's why I FEAR everytime she introduces live a new song for the very first time and its a sleeping pill that ends to be recorded in her next album Hope that "Lullaby" doesn't make into the new album at least! I'll never pay for a music download, I hate digital, I have more than 5000 CDs\ DVDs and Vinyl and love to see all them in my room it's so cool open the box and put the Cd on the player on in my car #FREEJAVITO
amelie Posted February 4, 2012 at 03:22 PM Posted February 4, 2012 at 03:22 PM ...And the most recent, At Seventeen! That's why I FEAR everytime she introduces live a new song for the very first time and its a sleeping pill that ends to be recorded in her next album Hope that "Lullaby" doesn't make into the new album at least! At seventeen and Lullabye are the only songs worth recording!!!
IL_DINO Posted February 4, 2012 at 03:25 PM Posted February 4, 2012 at 03:25 PM One year ago there were even rumors that Celine may the song "One & One" (E. Gorniak) sings. Does anyone know what happened to it?The rest of these copy-the-copied-song-rumors are a complete disappointment. Boring, discouraged - already heard a thousand times. For a "new" album after 5 years just embarrassing.
Jeff Abbott Posted February 4, 2012 at 03:52 PM Posted February 4, 2012 at 03:52 PM One year ago there were even rumors that Celine may the song "One & One" (E. Gorniak) sings. Does anyone know what happened to it?The rest of these copy-the-copied-song-rumors are a complete disappointment. Boring, discouraged - already heard a thousand times. For a "new" album after 5 years just embarrassing.In Poland, the country which Edyta Górniak comes from, there was no mention of such a possibility, so it's likely that it was just a rumour.
anewdayhascome Posted February 4, 2012 at 04:16 PM Posted February 4, 2012 at 04:16 PM I won't buy this album if it's really nothing new than 1/2 songs. Maybe after some tme. But what's frustrating is that this cd will sell out after all because it's Celine Dion's album not because of its material and they won't receive any negative feedback;/ A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
browseceline Posted February 4, 2012 at 05:06 PM Posted February 4, 2012 at 05:06 PM yes and that is the same with singing the same old songs everytime, since People already know these songs and you can't go wrong when you release these songs.. but does it offter anything special? is that NEW? no it is not. I will buy this album no matter what but I am afraid I will bored by the tracklist pretty soon and skip the first 6 tracks, if not more, to hear the "newer" songs.. but who knows they have something special in store we did not suspect? <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Bell Posted February 4, 2012 at 05:08 PM Posted February 4, 2012 at 05:08 PM Just another thought on Celine's career. Maybe she's come to the point where she just enjoys singing. It's clear that it's not about sales & charts anymore, it's simply about the pleasure she finds in singing and sharing songs with her audience. She doesn't seem very interested in promoting (and maybe even releasing) albums, maybe now Celine is more oriented to a live singing career and we should accept it. I'm saying it because I myself find it more or less hard to accept such a change but, on the other hand, I'm starting to get Celine's point and respect the choices she makes about her life & career much more than I did before. 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
stevo Posted February 4, 2012 at 05:21 PM Posted February 4, 2012 at 05:21 PM I think we have to remember that we, us, the people who get into a frenzy on the forum, are NOT the fans that Celine or Rene or 'The Team' think of. It is the hundreds of thousands of people that flock to the concerts- casual listeners, fans yes, but not hysterical obsessives like we are. They will never please us again, because we expect too much- we expect her career to still be on the up. We want to 'compete' with Mariah, Madonna, Rihanna fans. Bring back A New Day Has Come
Alex_Incognito Posted February 4, 2012 at 05:25 PM Posted February 4, 2012 at 05:25 PM You're right Mr. Stevo. ANDHC was a glorious time and I miss those days very much. "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Bell Posted February 4, 2012 at 05:28 PM Posted February 4, 2012 at 05:28 PM (edited) I also miss ANDHC. It was a kind of unexpected success. That made it even better. Edited February 4, 2012 at 05:29 PM by Bell 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
dj4celine Posted February 4, 2012 at 05:32 PM Posted February 4, 2012 at 05:32 PM I also miss ANDHC. It was a kind of unexpected success. That made it even better. It was expected cos it was her big return to music and the press coverage was absolutely phenomenal. Also, she went out on a high and her return was expected to at least shadow a tiny percentage of that.
GoldenLeaf Posted February 4, 2012 at 05:46 PM Posted February 4, 2012 at 05:46 PM (edited) I think we have to remember that we, us, the people who get into a frenzy on the forum, are NOT the fans that Celine or Rene or 'The Team' think of. It is the hundreds of thousands of people that flock to the concerts- casual listeners, fans yes, but not hysterical obsessives like we are. They will never please us again, because we expect too much- we expect her career to still be on the up. We want to 'compete' with Mariah, Madonna, Rihanna fans. Bring back A New Day Has Come Don't worry this new album will outsell for sure Mariah new CD just like when Taking Chances outsold big time E=MC2 back in 2008. Celine still has 2 important things that Mariah has lost forever : her voice and a stable fans base As for Madonna I'm pretty sure her new album won't do well on charts especially if it is only filed with generic and cheap songs a la Avril Lavigne like the atrocious ''Give Me All Your Luvin'' Edited February 4, 2012 at 05:50 PM by Calypso
Jeff Abbott Posted February 4, 2012 at 05:51 PM Posted February 4, 2012 at 05:51 PM (edited) I think we have to remember that we, us, the people who get into a frenzy on the forum, are NOT the fans that Celine or Rene or 'The Team' think of. It is the hundreds of thousands of people that flock to the concerts- casual listeners, fans yes, but not hysterical obsessives like we are. They will never please us again, because we expect too much- we expect her career to still be on the up. We want to 'compete' with Mariah, Madonna, Rihanna fans. Bring back A New Day Has Come You might be right, unfortunately. I don't know about other forum members but for me recording an album full of new and original compositions after 5 years of absence on the music scene is NOT too much to ask for. In fact, it's more like a minimum to me (I'm not talking about promotion, singles, videos or media appearances because these are different things) Edited February 4, 2012 at 05:58 PM by Jeff Abbott
celinedionfan1 Posted February 4, 2012 at 06:11 PM Posted February 4, 2012 at 06:11 PM This topic depresses me, it's deffo not the topic I'll come to for album updates. There's just so much negativity and complaining... Celine live | December 30th & 31st, 2011 | January 3rd & 4th, 2012 | January 12th, 13th, 15th, 16th & 18th, 2013 | November 29th & 30th, 2013 | December 1st, 2013 | August 27th, 30th & 31st, 2015 | June 20th, 21st, 24th, 25th & 28th, 2016 | January 24th, 25th, 27th & 28th, 2017 | June 17th, July 8th, 23rd & 24th, 2017 |
stevo Posted February 4, 2012 at 07:15 PM Posted February 4, 2012 at 07:15 PM Realism is different to negativity. I love her and can't wait for the album- I can't wait to go into the music store and spread her album all over other artist's so she is displayed everywhere- I can't see this ever changing for me. But it's different now.
Javito Posted February 4, 2012 at 07:50 PM Posted February 4, 2012 at 07:50 PM (edited) Just another thought on Celine's career. Maybe she's come to the point where she just enjoys singing. It's clear that it's not about sales & charts anymore, it's simply about the pleasure she finds in singing and sharing songs with her audience. She doesn't seem very interested in promoting (and maybe even releasing) albums, maybe now Celine is more oriented to a live singing career and we should accept it. I'm saying it because I myself find it more or less hard to accept such a change but, on the other hand, I'm starting to get Celine's point and respect the choices she makes about her life & career much more than I did before. Then why her team or Céline/René themselfes end with all this "what if...?" speculation once and for all and ASK DIRECTLY THE FANS what they want?? For once in her career? Put a poll in her official website. Test us. Look what we would like her to sing, record, perform. That way they would know what the fans that use the Internet (us in this forum for example) really want, and they would end with the doubts at last. But they've never done that. They've never surveyed us to let them know what we would like her to do. Not even once to ask us what single, song in her concerts or shows, we would like to see her sing. NEVER. You're right Mr. Stevo. ANDHC was a glorious time and I miss those days very much. Absolutely . What Céline days were those You might be right, unfortunately. I don't know about other forum members but for me recording an album full of new and original compositions after 5 years of absence on the music scene is NOT too much to ask for. In fact, it's more like a minimum to me (I'm not talking about promotion, singles, videos or media appearances because these are different things) +1! Recording an album with all new songs should be the minimum to ask for. It's not that we're asking for water from the moon Notice that we're not even asking for big promotion now, it seems many of us here have resigned to accept that the lack of promotion, singles or even few videoclips is not going to change, but at least we can hold on for the expectative of a completely new album (though it seems we can't either ) In a time were she used to release a new album on a yearly basis, with alll new songs, today in 2012 it seems much to ask for with Céline It's just absurd... Like Alex says, bring back 2002 days please! Edited February 4, 2012 at 07:55 PM by Javito "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
anewdayhascome Posted February 4, 2012 at 08:00 PM Posted February 4, 2012 at 08:00 PM yeah 2002 was like heaven!I mean, I won't repeat myself and other folks (about quality, diversity, big promotion, concept of the album), but I want to say that it was the album that Celine "felt". I miss this kind of attitude towards her new release A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
mirage Posted February 4, 2012 at 08:21 PM Posted February 4, 2012 at 08:21 PM But they've never done that. They've never surveyed us to let them know what we would like her to do. Not even once to ask us what single, song in her concerts or shows, we would like to see her sing. NEVER. Absolutely . What Céline days were those lol they held an listening party for TC... and they invited lots of real fans ;-) haha
ALEXIOS Posted February 4, 2012 at 09:30 PM Posted February 4, 2012 at 09:30 PM but it makes no difference to me if there are covers from show or other covers from artists Humberto mentioned. They are still covers! and it's really ENOUGH A ''new'' album full of covers is not exactly what i was thinking, but see the bright side: We haven't heard Celine singing the ''not Vegas'' covers Anyway, you're right. I can't explain this obsession with covers.
dj_a_rock Posted February 4, 2012 at 10:00 PM Posted February 4, 2012 at 10:00 PM She and her team know that the fans will buy everything that they release regardless of what they put out. No no no. Not this time. I am fed up. If they want us to buy the new album, they have to prove us that it deserve to be bought.
Edwin Posted February 4, 2012 at 11:34 PM Posted February 4, 2012 at 11:34 PM This topic depresses me, it's deffo not the topic I'll come to for album updates. There's just so much negativity and complaining...Nah, I don't think this topic has much value right now. We don't have any proper updates so just speculation and grumblings while we wait...and wait. It's cathartic for some but I'll wait for the new thread after I've heard the songs or at least the name of the album?
ferjaacu Posted February 5, 2012 at 12:18 AM Posted February 5, 2012 at 12:18 AM lol. You Eddie http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3216/5786913948_369265dbeb_m.jpg FERLO
celinedionfan1 Posted February 5, 2012 at 12:23 AM Posted February 5, 2012 at 12:23 AM Nah, I don't think this topic has much value right now. We don't have any proper updates so just speculation and grumblings while we wait...and wait. It's cathartic for some but I'll wait for the new thread after I've heard the songs or at least the name of the album? Yeah, It's ok. It's just reading all the negative comments makes me kind of question her, if you know what i mean? Like I start to think a lot and some people on here actually makes me think that she doesn't care about her fans at all. Though I know that's NOT true. But they do affect me and I don't like it. I don't know how to say this without making it sound wrong. I love Celine with all my heart, and I know she loves me too <3 And I'm thrilled about this new album, but some of the comments kills a bit of the excitement. I strongly believe that she is excited to record a new album, though some may say otherwise. And I think everyone is gonna be surprised with how good it's gonna turn out, since when did she record a bad album? As far as I can remember, never. I hope we can turn all this negativity into positivity and excitement for a new album Celine live | December 30th & 31st, 2011 | January 3rd & 4th, 2012 | January 12th, 13th, 15th, 16th & 18th, 2013 | November 29th & 30th, 2013 | December 1st, 2013 | August 27th, 30th & 31st, 2015 | June 20th, 21st, 24th, 25th & 28th, 2016 | January 24th, 25th, 27th & 28th, 2017 | June 17th, July 8th, 23rd & 24th, 2017 |
Peppercorn1991 Posted February 5, 2012 at 03:10 AM Posted February 5, 2012 at 03:10 AM Yeah, It's ok. It's just reading all the negative comments makes me kind of question her, if you know what i mean? Like I start to think a lot and some people on here actually makes me think that she doesn't care about her fans at all. Though I know that's NOT true. But they do affect me and I don't like it. I don't know how to say this without making it sound wrong. I love Celine with all my heart, and I know she loves me too <3 And I'm thrilled about this new album, but some of the comments kills a bit of the excitement. I strongly believe that she is excited to record a new album, though some may say otherwise. And I think everyone is gonna be surprised with how good it's gonna turn out, since when did she record a bad album? As far as I can remember, never. I hope we can turn all this negativity into positivity and excitement for a new album Well said! There is a point there! When has Celine had a bad album? D kev x
couldawouldashoulda Posted February 5, 2012 at 07:27 AM Posted February 5, 2012 at 07:27 AM I love Celine with all my heart, and I know she loves me too OMG Are you kidding me? Celine doesn't know you even exist. Who ARE you? To her. No one. You buy her albums? You buy her perfume maybe? You might see her in concert every few years???!!!!! How old are you? Get a clue. Celine Dion does not know who you are. I'm sorry but you people have to realize this. She is simply a woman who sings music. And she only does that to support herself and her family. She doesn't do it to please you. She's never done it to please you individually. Move on with your life. If you like to hear her sing, buy her CD's. Listen to them. Enjoy them. But don't put her on a mountain and pray to her. She has a job. It involves singing. That's ALL THERE IS TO IT!!!!!
couldawouldashoulda Posted February 5, 2012 at 07:27 AM Posted February 5, 2012 at 07:27 AM I love Celine with all my heart, and I know she loves me too OMG Are you kidding me? Celine doesn't know you even exist. Who ARE you? To her. No one. You buy her albums? You buy her perfume maybe? You might see her in concert every few years???!!!!! How old are you? Get a clue. Celine Dion does not know who you are. I'm sorry but you people have to realize this. She is simply a woman who sings music. And she only does that to support herself and her family. She doesn't do it to please you. She's never done it to please you individually. Move on with your life. If you like to hear her sing, buy her CD's. Listen to them. Enjoy them. But don't put her on a mountain and pray to her. She has a job. It involves singing. That's ALL THERE IS TO IT!!!!!
TommKat22 Posted February 5, 2012 at 08:31 AM Posted February 5, 2012 at 08:31 AM OMG Are you kidding me? Celine doesn't know you even exist. Who ARE you? To her. No one. You buy her albums? You buy her perfume maybe? You might see her in concert every few years???!!!!! How old are you? Get a clue. Celine Dion does not know who you are. I'm sorry but you people have to realize this. She is simply a woman who sings music. And she only does that to support herself and her family. She doesn't do it to please you. She's never done it to please you individually. Move on with your life. If you like to hear her sing, buy her CD's. Listen to them. Enjoy them. But don't put her on a mountain and pray to her. She has a job. It involves singing. That's ALL THERE IS TO IT!!!!! Wow. A little harsh, don't you think? Tommy
Recommended Posts