bfhb Posted February 12, 2012 at 02:27 PM Posted February 12, 2012 at 02:27 PM At this stage with so little information on this project I personally cant see a CD release this spring, maybe Oct? Does anyone here want a rushed collection of songs, or vocal performances with limited production/promotion?I rather Celine take her time on the full album and maybe just give us some new songs for radio using the Titanic re-release as an international springboard to centre stage again. love doesn't ask whyspeaks from the heart and never explainsdont you know that love doesn't think twiceit can come all at once or whisper from a distance
jeje03100 Posted February 12, 2012 at 02:32 PM Posted February 12, 2012 at 02:32 PM I also think the album will be released in September or October ..except if it records in Vegas at the end of the month ...
Bruno Portugal Posted February 12, 2012 at 06:36 PM Posted February 12, 2012 at 06:36 PM At this stage with so little information on this project I personally cant see a CD release this spring, maybe Oct? Does anyone here want a rushed collection of songs, or vocal performances with limited production/promotion?I rather Celine take her time on the full album and maybe just give us some new songs for radio using the Titanic re-release as an international springboard to centre stage again. Totally agree.We are waiting for so long now that I'm expecting a masterpice. Celine's voice still at top shape. She just need time to produce a really proper album. My Webpage >>> TRIBUTE TO CELINE DION
takeachance Posted February 12, 2012 at 08:14 PM Posted February 12, 2012 at 08:14 PM I jusy heard on Irish Tv that Don mescall , from Limerick in Ireland is working with Celines producer writing songs for her new album...He has previously wrote songs for Ronan Keating and the Back street boys. Just said id share http://i66.tinypic.com/2dk08jn.gifRIP Rene Angelil xx Sending Love and Prayers to Celine
celinemaniacaik Posted February 12, 2012 at 10:49 PM Posted February 12, 2012 at 10:49 PM we HAVE been waiting 4 5 years, have'nt we? http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwk66t4rhm1r2j3uro1_500.jpg Follow Me On TUMBLR: Celinedion4ever
bfhb Posted February 13, 2012 at 11:31 AM Posted February 13, 2012 at 11:31 AM 4/5 yrs is a long time with no major release but after waiting this long and they have not finished it yet i deffo do not want a rushed job i hope they take their time and give us a well crafted album thats cared for and something that Celine is genuinely interested in and fully involved in. so if it takes till Oct so be it. just give us some new singles stick the cover songs on an ep, generate air play some buzz , the Titanic anniversary is ideal time 4 it love doesn't ask whyspeaks from the heart and never explainsdont you know that love doesn't think twiceit can come all at once or whisper from a distance
*Daniel Posted February 14, 2012 at 01:06 AM Posted February 14, 2012 at 01:06 AM It not just Celine who we been waiting for, Delta Goodrem has done the same thing, we were suppose to get something last year, still have not happen "Everything is pretty much possible if you believe in yourself." ~ Celine Dion
dj4celine Posted February 14, 2012 at 11:59 AM Posted February 14, 2012 at 11:59 AM It not just Celine who we been waiting for, Delta Goodrem has done the same thing, we were suppose to get something last year, still have not happen Add Shania Twain to the list as well. Her last studio album was in 2002
Davey84 Posted February 14, 2012 at 12:12 PM Posted February 14, 2012 at 12:12 PM Cher's last album is from 2001!! She's been going on about recording a new album since 2007 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Javito Posted February 14, 2012 at 12:26 PM Posted February 14, 2012 at 12:26 PM (edited) Now that Céline has openly afirmed that Whitney was an inspiration for her career, why she doesn't record a Whitney cover for her english album and forgets about those covers? And most of all, why she has not included a Whitney song in her Vegas show instead of all those random covers? Now that's a question I would have asked her these days to Céline. I'm sorry to bring this up again, but Céline's comments about Whitney shows how contradictory she can be with the songs she choses to perform and her "idols" Come on Céline, if you really adored Whitney and she was an idol for you, that's a singer worth to pay a cover, and not Billy Joel's, Open Arms or other randoms Edited February 14, 2012 at 12:28 PM by Javito "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Javito Posted February 14, 2012 at 12:27 PM Posted February 14, 2012 at 12:27 PM (edited) Oops sorry double post Edited February 14, 2012 at 12:28 PM by Javito "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
ferjaacu Posted February 14, 2012 at 12:34 PM Posted February 14, 2012 at 12:34 PM Who's Delta Goodrem anyway and why is she mentioned in here??? http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3216/5786913948_369265dbeb_m.jpg FERLO
dj4celine Posted February 14, 2012 at 01:09 PM Posted February 14, 2012 at 01:09 PM Who's Delta Goodrem anyway and why is she mentioned in here??? Delta is one of the biggest superstars from Australia, a huuuuuuuge Celine fan and she co-wrote "Eyes On Me". I absolutely adore her and this is one of my fav songs of hers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPNhnhUphwM
amelie Posted February 14, 2012 at 01:12 PM Posted February 14, 2012 at 01:12 PM It not just Celine who we been waiting for, Delta Goodrem has done the same thing, we were suppose to get something last year, still have not happen same thought crossed my mind the other day
Xpresso Posted February 14, 2012 at 01:16 PM Posted February 14, 2012 at 01:16 PM Now that Céline has openly afirmed that Whitney was an inspiration for her career, why she doesn't record a Whitney cover for her english album and forgets about those covers? And most of all, why she has not included a Whitney song in her Vegas show instead of all those random covers? Now that's a question I would have asked her these days to Céline. I'm sorry to bring this up again, but Céline's comments about Whitney shows how contradictory she can be with the songs she choses to perform and her "idols" Come on Céline, if you really adored Whitney and she was an idol for you, that's a singer worth to pay a cover, and not Billy Joel's, Open Arms or other randoms Maybe because Whitney died only 3 days ago!!! And no, Celine can't sing the songs of everyone she admires... because there wouldn't be ANY Celine songs!!!
Davey84 Posted February 14, 2012 at 01:22 PM Posted February 14, 2012 at 01:22 PM I really liked Delta's first album, but kinda lost interest after that BTW Javito... do you realise that some of Whitney's biggest hits are covers too? I Will Always Love You, Step By Step, I'm Every Woman http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
ferjaacu Posted February 14, 2012 at 01:27 PM Posted February 14, 2012 at 01:27 PM Delta is one of the biggest superstars from Australia, a huuuuuuuge Celine fan and she co-wrote "Eyes On Me". I absolutely adore her and this is one of my fav songs of hers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPNhnhUphwM Thanks !! I didn't know this. http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3216/5786913948_369265dbeb_m.jpg FERLO
Esty Posted February 14, 2012 at 04:32 PM Posted February 14, 2012 at 04:32 PM I'd really like this album to be great and Celine and her team to take their time to do their best. But I feel like an addict! I need information at least!!!!!
amelie Posted February 14, 2012 at 04:51 PM Posted February 14, 2012 at 04:51 PM (edited) And most of all, why she has not included a Whitney song in her Vegas show instead of all those random covers? Now that's a question I would have asked her these days to Céline. Unfortunately she'd pale in comparison Edited February 14, 2012 at 04:53 PM by amelie
Javito Posted February 14, 2012 at 05:02 PM Posted February 14, 2012 at 05:02 PM Maybe because Whitney died only 3 days ago!!! And no, Celine can't sing the songs of everyone she admires... because there wouldn't be ANY Celine songs!!! Yes, but isn't it strange that when somebody dies like this everybody says how great the celebrity was, that she/he was an inspiration, an icon for them.... while in life very few where by their side? And this happened with Michael Jackson too It's the same example with Barbra, Céline has always said she was her favourite singer and that she used to sing all her songs in her youth... however there's no song of Barbra in the show, although she says its made of songs they have marked her life with the covers I really liked Delta's first album, but kinda lost interest after that BTW Javito... do you realise that some of Whitney's biggest hits are covers too? I Will Always Love You, Step By Step, I'm Every Woman Yep! However she released only 7 studio albums, and her last 3 are almost 100% original. She began recording some covers here and there to build a discography with original songs written for her, however Céline began singing covers to be popular, followed singing great original songs written for her to continue flooding her albums and concerts made mainly by covers "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
fred Posted February 14, 2012 at 05:09 PM Posted February 14, 2012 at 05:09 PM Now that Céline has openly afirmed that Whitney was an inspiration for her career, why she doesn't record a Whitney cover for her english album and forgets about those covers? And most of all, why she has not included a Whitney song in her Vegas show instead of all those random covers? Now that's a question I would have asked her these days to Céline. I'm sorry to bring this up again, but Céline's comments about Whitney shows how contradictory she can be with the songs she choses to perform and her "idols" Come on Céline, if you really adored Whitney and she was an idol for you, that's a singer worth to pay a cover, and not Billy Joel's, Open Arms or other randoms If Céline would had done Whitney songs she would be hated for it. It would be quite disrespectful to take signature songs from someone who you're "competing with" and trying to claim it. Now on the other hand. As sad as it is with Whitney leaving this earth, the situation is another. Now it would be ok to sing her songs as a way to pau tribute to her career. I still doubt it would be a not so great move to take some of Whitney's hit on an album, but for the show it would be really ok. Let's wait and see if they'll go for this. /fred Peace and love to all.
Bell Posted February 14, 2012 at 06:17 PM Posted February 14, 2012 at 06:17 PM I was hoping for some news. If the album is to be out around May, we should get the lead single soon, right? 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
joaofilho Posted February 14, 2012 at 06:43 PM Posted February 14, 2012 at 06:43 PM I've no patience to about it, they (Rene) are making a lot of suspense and making us crazy, so it should come to be a very good album, remember that he once gave an interview saying that he wanted celine had a number before a madonna.
CelineAndRene Posted February 14, 2012 at 07:01 PM Posted February 14, 2012 at 07:01 PM Now that Céline has openly afirmed that Whitney was an inspiration for her career, why she doesn't record a Whitney cover for her english album and forgets about those covers? And most of all, why she has not included a Whitney song in her Vegas show instead of all those random covers? Now that's a question I would have asked her these days to Céline. I'm sorry to bring this up again, but Céline's comments about Whitney shows how contradictory she can be with the songs she choses to perform and her "idols" Come on Céline, if you really adored Whitney and she was an idol for you, that's a singer worth to pay a cover, and not Billy Joel's, Open Arms or other randoms I thought about that. Maybe she should replace Michael Jackson tribute with 'I Have Nothing & I Will Always Love You' - It would be much better tribute IMO. "...It's the circle of life. You gotta look forward. Two days during the year there's nothing you can do about: yesterday and tomorrow. Today is a great day." - Celine Dion, People.
dj4celine Posted February 14, 2012 at 07:20 PM Posted February 14, 2012 at 07:20 PM I had already written it on twitter but some news from my contact: 1. Album release date is set for May 2. Two mid-tempo songs are selected and one is a potential single material. Please take this with a pinch of salt as anything can change at the very last minute like we all know it.
ferjaacu Posted February 14, 2012 at 08:05 PM Posted February 14, 2012 at 08:05 PM Thanks for the news Dhruv !!! http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3216/5786913948_369265dbeb_m.jpg FERLO
Davey84 Posted February 14, 2012 at 08:09 PM Posted February 14, 2012 at 08:09 PM Thank you very much Dhruv!! Let s hope its true and also that the new song(s) ll make tje show! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
duri Posted February 14, 2012 at 08:20 PM Posted February 14, 2012 at 08:20 PM Thanks for new info, hope it will be true, especially about potencial new single. http://www.supermusic.sk/obrazky/80543_Celine%209.jpg
spunkransum Posted February 14, 2012 at 11:25 PM Posted February 14, 2012 at 11:25 PM Now that Céline has openly afirmed that Whitney was an inspiration for her career, why she doesn't record a Whitney cover for her english album and forgets about those covers? And most of all, why she has not included a Whitney song in her Vegas show instead of all those random covers? Now that's a question I would have asked her these days to Céline. I'm sorry to bring this up again, but Céline's comments about Whitney shows how contradictory she can be with the songs she choses to perform and her "idols" Come on Céline, if you really adored Whitney and she was an idol for you, that's a singer worth to pay a cover, and not Billy Joel's, Open Arms or other randoms I like the idea of Celine covering Whitney, remove Lullaby, and some of the James Bond Medley, and place in a song or two. I think "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" and "Million Dollar Bill," would be a good choice, maybe have them before the Uptempo medley.
celine-rc Posted February 15, 2012 at 12:25 AM Posted February 15, 2012 at 12:25 AM Thank you for the info Dhruv! http://images.lpcdn.ca/435x290/201103/17/305341.jpg Merci Céline pour ces deux soirées inoubliables que j'ai passées à tes côtés. Je ne les oublierais jamais. J't'adore Céline. Merci. <3
Recommended Posts