Nmj Posted February 15, 2012 at 12:37 AM Posted February 15, 2012 at 12:37 AM I had already written it on twitter but some news from my contact: 1. Album release date is set for May 2. Two mid-tempo songs are selected and one is a potential single material.Please take this with a pinch of salt as anything can change at the very last minute like we all know it. only two new songs, or 2 chosen thus far?
Alex_Incognito Posted February 15, 2012 at 12:46 AM Posted February 15, 2012 at 12:46 AM This reminds me,"Et s'il n'en restait qu'une" was released 5 years ago today on Cherie FM. The album was released in May, "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Javito Posted February 15, 2012 at 02:00 AM Posted February 15, 2012 at 02:00 AM I like the idea of Celine covering Whitney, remove Lullaby, and some of the James Bond Medley, and place in a song or two. I think "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" and "Million Dollar Bill," would be a good choice, maybe have them before the Uptempo medley. Whitney has both great ballads and many uptempo songs as well. I would love to see Céline singing I'm Your Baby Tonight in a modern arrangement and I Learned From The Best too "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
ferjaacu Posted February 15, 2012 at 05:28 AM Posted February 15, 2012 at 05:28 AM only two new songs, or 2 chosen thus far? It says "Two mid-tempo songs are selected and one is a potential single material." not "Two new songs" It could well be that among the new songs, two are mid-tempo but still is not confirmed yet http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3216/5786913948_369265dbeb_m.jpg FERLO
browseceline Posted February 15, 2012 at 07:46 AM Posted February 15, 2012 at 07:46 AM (edited) About Celine nog having sung any Whitney song on her Vegas show: Whitney planned a comeback, and no it did not went well. She couldn't cope with the drugs and alcohol etc.So her tour was kind of a disaster. Whitney was always one of the big three of the 90s, together with Celine and Mariah.Since Whitney was doing this bad it would have been a very wrong move to do her songs in Celine's show.people would compare not only that, it would be like she wants to compete with Whitney and the audience can judgewhich version is better. Open Arms for example, is a Mariah song, it was one of Mariah's success songs. I know Celine and the production team say - it's a song from journey...but most people know and Celine definately knows the song because it was a Mariah song. As for Tina's song, and esspecially - River Deep Mountain High, Celine is doing this song for so many years already and it firstappeared on her Falling Into You Album, so it kind of became her own interpretation. But if we take one of Whitney's biggest succes songs, even though a cover, I will Aways love You is so much a Whitney song that it would have been Whitney singing My Heart will go on in her show, because she likes the song.She better did not any of Whitney's song while Whitney was still alive. It would have been not fair to Whitney, who struggled withsinging the song like she used to, when she still had that perfect vocals. But now Whitney has died unfortunately. It may take a year, that I can see Celine doing one of her songs or more in a tribute. At this time it is too fresh to do a song of hers, that would be far and far too soon. Edited February 15, 2012 at 07:53 AM by browseceline <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
CelineAndRene Posted February 15, 2012 at 08:06 AM Posted February 15, 2012 at 08:06 AM Open Arms for example, is a Mariah song, it was one of Mariah's success songs. I know Celine and the production team say - it's a song from journey...but most people know and Celine definately knows the song because it was a Mariah song. "...It's the circle of life. You gotta look forward. Two days during the year there's nothing you can do about: yesterday and tomorrow. Today is a great day." - Celine Dion, People.
Claudette Posted February 15, 2012 at 08:19 AM Posted February 15, 2012 at 08:19 AM (edited) Thanks for the information Dhruv. Mid-tempo is something like ''A New Day Has Come'' (well, the radio version), right? I'm so confused with this album right now. I don't know anymore if I should be dissapointed because of all the news of the old covers or happy that there is some news about new songs. One day it is good news, the next it is covers. What on earth is going on? Can't they make up their frigging minds or what? Meanwhile Valentine's day is gone, it was the perfect oppertunity to release the first single. As for doing Whitney songs, I think it is a bit too soon. A tribute during a concert is ok, but not recording some of her songs. Maybe at a later stage. Edited February 15, 2012 at 08:21 AM by Claudette http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
J-Man Posted February 15, 2012 at 08:36 AM Posted February 15, 2012 at 08:36 AM (edited) Yes it's far too soon to cover Whitney.Thanks for the news story Dhruv! Edited February 15, 2012 at 08:51 AM by J-Man http://www.powerofthemusic.com/other/FORUMSIG1.png
Javito Posted February 15, 2012 at 10:16 AM Posted February 15, 2012 at 10:16 AM As for today, I'm very surprised we don't have an official announcement about the album, if its going to be released in may "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Celine Fan 77 Posted February 15, 2012 at 10:20 AM Posted February 15, 2012 at 10:20 AM As for today, I'm very surprised we don't have an official announcement about the album, if its going to be released in may My guess is that she is in the studio these days. The sessions must have started last week (if not yesterday for being Monday ). I don't know. Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
dj4celine Posted February 15, 2012 at 10:35 AM Posted February 15, 2012 at 10:35 AM You're welcome! only two new songs, or 2 chosen thus far? 2 mid-tempo songs among the others that have been chosen/recorded so far. Claudette, yes, mid-tempo would be something like the radio version of ANDHC or Bleeding Love etc. God, I hope we get more songs in that vein. It would be disastrous if she covered Whitney now. Even if she did cover, she would pale in comparison to Whitney's recording. Hard to accept as a Celine fan, but it's the truth. She's already getting enough bad press for the GMA interview & if she had Whitney's songs, the album would be butchered critically. Not that it isn't butchered most of the time. And I'm not worried about the recording of the album that much because as we all know, if she wanted, she could record the songs in one week and be done with it like she did with Taking Chances. It's the selection of songs that I'm seriously nervous about.
ferjaacu Posted February 15, 2012 at 12:20 PM Posted February 15, 2012 at 12:20 PM I'm not worried at all I am anxious, but I know they will give us a great album http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3216/5786913948_369265dbeb_m.jpg FERLO
Shaun Posted February 15, 2012 at 12:44 PM Posted February 15, 2012 at 12:44 PM The re-release of Titanic is little over 6 weeks away, It would be absolutely typical of Celine's team to miss this once in a lifetme opportunity to market Celine's new material to the world using her link with the Titanic movie to great effect. At this point though it looks like that's exactly what's going to happen - no single, no release date, no news. Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
browseceline Posted February 15, 2012 at 12:47 PM Posted February 15, 2012 at 12:47 PM (edited) I have to say with all the postponing etc.. I have a feeling we are gonna have more than 3 new songs at least! So I am hoping for the best and waiting patiently.. Edited February 15, 2012 at 12:59 PM by browseceline <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
celinesounds Posted February 15, 2012 at 01:30 PM Posted February 15, 2012 at 01:30 PM Yesterday I saw David Foster on TV about Whitney saying that she was the best voice, but she has other preferences like Celine & Barbra #FREEJAVITO
Javito Posted February 15, 2012 at 01:46 PM Posted February 15, 2012 at 01:46 PM The re-release of Titanic is little over 6 weeks away, It would be absolutely typical of Celine's team to miss this once in a lifetme opportunity to market Celine's new material to the world using her link with the Titanic movie to great effect. At this point though it looks like that's exactly what's going to happen - no single, no release date, no news. Not to mention that if she's going to promote the movie like they confirmed (next with Leo Dicaprio and Kate Winslet), how is she going to focus on the album promotion? "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
anewdayhascome Posted February 15, 2012 at 02:14 PM Posted February 15, 2012 at 02:14 PM I really don't think this album will be in the public eye at all. Probably only few people apart from this forum will go to the shop and see o wow a new Celine album, that's strange haven't heard about it, let's buy it. I'm sad that they don't care about promotion at all. If it is supposed to be out in May we should get the single now! Just like with D'elles. But I don't see it happen A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Shamrock_1982 Posted February 15, 2012 at 02:36 PM Posted February 15, 2012 at 02:36 PM From Don Mescall on twitter a few mins ago ''Hey guys, been working with Christopher Neill & Ronan Hardiman on a new Celine Dion project! Will give an update asap D #excitingstuff''
celinesounds Posted February 15, 2012 at 02:38 PM Posted February 15, 2012 at 02:38 PM From Don Mescall on twitter a few mins ago ''Hey guys, been working with Christopher Neill & Ronan Hardiman on a new Celine Dion project! Will give an update asap D #excitingstuff'' Hope is not other cover #FREEJAVITO
Shamrock_1982 Posted February 15, 2012 at 02:40 PM Posted February 15, 2012 at 02:40 PM (edited) I highly doubt it as they are all song writers/producers Edited February 15, 2012 at 02:41 PM by Shamrock29
anewdayhascome Posted February 15, 2012 at 02:43 PM Posted February 15, 2012 at 02:43 PM I'm dying! I'd do everything to receive any reliable and concrete information!! A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Davey84 Posted February 15, 2012 at 02:49 PM Posted February 15, 2012 at 02:49 PM ooooooooooooh let's hope we get at least 10 new songs http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
dj4celine Posted February 15, 2012 at 03:01 PM Posted February 15, 2012 at 03:01 PM Hope is not other cover It's not. There are quite a few brand new songs in the album I'm dying! I'd do everything to receive any reliable and concrete information!! These are some reliable infos, Marcin. Nothing would be set until the album releases, I guess ooooooooooooh let's hope we get at least 10 new songs *fingers crossed*
Ronny83 Posted February 15, 2012 at 03:03 PM Posted February 15, 2012 at 03:03 PM Chuck, you should give a call to your friend Christopher, as the producer Don Mescall just posted on Twitter: Hey guys, been working with Christopher Neill & Ronan Hardiman on a new Celine Dion project! Will give an update asap D #excitingstuff The Celine Dion Italian fanbase - CelineDionItalia.com
Peppercorn1991 Posted February 15, 2012 at 03:11 PM Posted February 15, 2012 at 03:11 PM (edited) oooooooooooooooo IM EXCITED! yay! More news please.... Thanks to the guys posting info, making alot of fans happy! kev x Edited February 15, 2012 at 03:11 PM by Peppercorn1991
anewdayhascome Posted February 15, 2012 at 04:02 PM Posted February 15, 2012 at 04:02 PM (edited) Davey yeah! if it's 16 songs I'd be ok with 6 covers and 10 new brilliant songs... fingers crossed.Dhruv since you know so many things:P maybe it's possible to talk with people who are responsible for this album and highlight that new songs are in favour? Edited February 15, 2012 at 04:03 PM by anewdayhascome A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
dj4celine Posted February 15, 2012 at 04:21 PM Posted February 15, 2012 at 04:21 PM (edited) Davey yeah! if it's 16 songs I'd be ok with 6 covers and 10 new brilliant songs... fingers crossed.Dhruv since you know so many things:P maybe it's possible to talk with people who are responsible for this album and highlight that new songs are in favour? I think the 10-6 score seems reasonable for the album. Umm... We all know it's nearly impossible to tell them about new songs, let alone contact them but I'm sure they know we want new songs and maybe this is the reason why they are still taking in new songs from several songwriters and producers. Also, I never said I know many things like you pointed out, Marcin. I just gave what little tidbit I got. Besides, I don't think we should even push our luck of asking too many questions cos they may stop giving even the little info that we have in the future. EDIT: Celine will be performing MHWGO in several events for the promo of the re-release of the Titanic OST. Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere before. EDIT 2: The promotion will be a worldwide event with a possibility of Celine performing in several countries/events OMD OMD OMD OMD OMD Edited February 15, 2012 at 04:27 PM by dj4celine
anewdayhascome Posted February 15, 2012 at 04:30 PM Posted February 15, 2012 at 04:30 PM Well I meant only that you know much about so little! I hope you know what I mean hehe I just hope she will sing MHWGO solo A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Peppercorn1991 Posted February 15, 2012 at 05:06 PM Posted February 15, 2012 at 05:06 PM I think the 10-6 score seems reasonable for the album. Umm... We all know it's nearly impossible to tell them about new songs, let alone contact them but I'm sure they know we want new songs and maybe this is the reason why they are still taking in new songs from several songwriters and producers. Also, I never said I know many things like you pointed out, Marcin. I just gave what little tidbit I got. Besides, I don't think we should even push our luck of asking too many questions cos they may stop giving even the little info that we have in the future. EDIT: Celine will be performing MHWGO in several events for the promo of the re-release of the Titanic OST. Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere before. EDIT 2: The promotion will be a worldwide event with a possibility of Celine performing in several countries/events OMD OMD OMD OMD OMD OMD OMD OMD TOO LOL! HOW EXCITING I SOOO EXCITED! thanks again for ur updates kev x
Celine Fan 77 Posted February 15, 2012 at 05:15 PM Posted February 15, 2012 at 05:15 PM I hope she sings the movie version of MHWGO during that promo, you know, like when she sang the movie version of BYLM at Regis & Kelly back in 1996. I'm just so excited about this whole thing!!!! Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Recommended Posts