LVCeline Posted February 16, 2012 at 12:04 AM Posted February 16, 2012 at 12:04 AM No, you may not. Please try to stay on topic, Shon. Hehe sorry about that I see we're running quite a tight ship here these days
spunkransum Posted February 16, 2012 at 12:52 AM Posted February 16, 2012 at 12:52 AM I really don't think this album will be in the public eye at all. Probably only few people apart from this forum will go to the shop and see o wow a new Celine album, that's strange haven't heard about it, let's buy it. I'm sad that they don't care about promotion at all. If it is supposed to be out in May we should get the single now! Just like with D'elles. But I don't see it happen The only way to get Celine out there is include it in Glee or some other television show. It works, look at Madonna since the episode of Glee was aired with her music a younger group became interested.
spunkransum Posted February 16, 2012 at 12:57 AM Posted February 16, 2012 at 12:57 AM If she wants to do a cover, I think Chaka Khan's "I'm Every Woman" would be a good idea, but seeing as Whitney covered it I doubt it. I think Celine could do a very good cover of "Missing You," or Tina Turner's "Whatever You Want Me to Do." oh god that would be eargasmic.
dj_a_rock Posted February 16, 2012 at 01:41 AM Posted February 16, 2012 at 01:41 AM hope they don't make more mistakes with single choice Actually, it is not just wrong choice of a single. It is more of promotion. No matter how good the single is, the album would still not sell if the only people who know she has a new album are the people in this forum. What good is a song and nobody hears it? You meet somebody on the street and they don't even know that a new Celine album exists. We all know that Madonna's new single is crap but it is on top of the charts because it is played everywhere. It got almost the same amount of airplay that MHWGO had in 1998. That's what I'm talking about.
wjd Posted February 16, 2012 at 01:52 AM Posted February 16, 2012 at 01:52 AM We all know that Madonna's new single is crap but it is on top of the charts because it is played everywhere. It got almost the same amount of airplay that MHWGO had in 1998. That's what I'm talking about. That's a ridiculous comparison. Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?
Angel2006 Posted February 16, 2012 at 04:10 AM Posted February 16, 2012 at 04:10 AM This album is so all over the place. I can't believe there hasn't even been an official release date yet. Does anyone know if Celine recorded in the studio today? I'm hoping that someone with connections can find out if Celine has recorded anything since having the flu. Given Don Mescalls tweet, i'm hoping they recorded a song today. I know Celine had the flew, but that was over 2 weeks ago and we havn't heard anything since. I'm dying to know if she's recorded anything on her time off!! I really want Celine to be able to have new material to perform on Star Academie, or possibly at the Juno's. If she performs at that award show. It's on April 1st, so it fits with her schedule at Vegas.
Alex_Incognito Posted February 16, 2012 at 04:16 AM Posted February 16, 2012 at 04:16 AM Well, "Et s'il n'en restait qu'une" was released on Valentines Day of 2007 to the radio and the album was released in Mid-May. I highly doubt we'll be seeing this album in May! "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
ashtonelijah Posted February 16, 2012 at 05:51 AM Posted February 16, 2012 at 05:51 AM Your signature is so, so beautiful! Thanks so much! I'm going to do a high definition version of it soon to make it a little better. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/warathogwarts/lovedmebackbanner.jpg
duri Posted February 16, 2012 at 07:50 AM Posted February 16, 2012 at 07:50 AM Well, "Et s'il n'en restait qu'une" was released on Valentines Day of 2007 to the radio and the album was released in Mid-May. I highly doubt we'll be seeing this album in May!Yes with ESNRQU you are right , but with another albums and singles it was diffrent, TC single goes to radio in september 2007 and TC album was out in november 2007 or IDAN go to radio on january 20th 2003 and One heart was out 2 month later, and with ANDHC it was the same so if they already recorded some song and are recording now I think it´s still chance for may. http://www.supermusic.sk/obrazky/80543_Celine%209.jpg
celinemaniacaik Posted February 16, 2012 at 11:26 AM Posted February 16, 2012 at 11:26 AM NO way is the album gonna be released in May, God this just makes me annoyed.... http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwk66t4rhm1r2j3uro1_500.jpg Follow Me On TUMBLR: Celinedion4ever
Davey84 Posted February 16, 2012 at 12:11 PM Posted February 16, 2012 at 12:11 PM that's just probably the news Dhruv shared http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
browseceline Posted February 16, 2012 at 12:16 PM Posted February 16, 2012 at 12:16 PM (edited) why do the red heads not join the celinedionforum? I don't get why they have a seperate fanclub? I also saw them on the pics in the Au Tour Du Monde book - with Celine in their middle! How did they get this privilege? Edited February 16, 2012 at 12:18 PM by browseceline <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
dj4celine Posted February 16, 2012 at 12:25 PM Posted February 16, 2012 at 12:25 PM (edited) that's just probably the news Dhruv shared Davey, that's very bad! We have to wait and watch! But I hope they do have more "news" EDIT: Robyn, you don't know what happened? Edited February 16, 2012 at 12:26 PM by dj4celine
Davey84 Posted February 16, 2012 at 12:37 PM Posted February 16, 2012 at 12:37 PM why is that bad Dhruv? btw it's very easy to say we can expect two singles as each studio album she ever released was accompanied by at least three (radio) singles http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Leanne Posted February 16, 2012 at 12:39 PM Posted February 16, 2012 at 12:39 PM (edited) It means Oh Mon Dieu, which is French for Oh My God. ohh hahah, I always thought Celine fans say "OH MY DION" Edited February 16, 2012 at 12:40 PM by Leanne
dj4celine Posted February 16, 2012 at 12:40 PM Posted February 16, 2012 at 12:40 PM Funny thing is, a certain group/site put "up tempo" instead of "mid tempo" when putting it on their page/site Or, maybe that's new news What do you say, Davey? :w00t:
Davey84 Posted February 16, 2012 at 01:07 PM Posted February 16, 2012 at 01:07 PM http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jezebel/2010/02/celined21010.gif I say they are taking chances!!! http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jezebel/2010/02/celinee21010.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
takeachance Posted February 16, 2012 at 01:44 PM Posted February 16, 2012 at 01:44 PM (edited) http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jezebel/2010/02/celined21010.gif I say they are taking chances!!! http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jezebel/2010/02/celinee21010.gif Can I ask, Why do the red heads seem to know everything? and who are these people????!!! (and why are they called the red heads) Edited February 16, 2012 at 01:45 PM by takeachance http://i66.tinypic.com/2dk08jn.gifRIP Rene Angelil xx Sending Love and Prayers to Celine
Edwin Posted February 16, 2012 at 02:59 PM Posted February 16, 2012 at 02:59 PM Go ask them They left the forum awhile ago. I do not like sub groups, we're just all fans around here [with a handful of moaners ]. Red, white, blue, who cares? Haha, just kidding.
fred Posted February 16, 2012 at 03:03 PM Posted February 16, 2012 at 03:03 PM I know most you are tired of the cover issue but I can't help myself with this one. Been trying to but can't. If I could get Céline to cover one song it would be If You Knew. This song is actually quite simple and the lyrics can be seen as banal but it still is magic. It isn't that well known, and it's old so people wouldn't recognize the original. I imagine Céline singing this song with her wonderful vibrato, in high key (not nessesarily) and with subtile arrangements around her, almost like Nature Boy or something like that. If you knew how I miss youYou would not stay away todayDon't you know how I need youStay here, my dear, with me I need you here my darlingTogether for a day, a dayTogether never partingJust you, just me, my love I can't go on without youYour love is all I'm living forI love all things about youYour heart, your soul, my love I need you here beside meForever and a day, a dayI know whatever betides meI love you, I love you, I do http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzygbJbwWvs or for those of you who don't like Nina Simone (jump to 0:55, long intro) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufLtcrNzA6k /fred Peace and love to all.
Bell Posted February 16, 2012 at 05:36 PM Posted February 16, 2012 at 05:36 PM I think the calibre of songs like Think Twice is long behind her, sadly.Probably... 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
Xpresso Posted February 16, 2012 at 09:27 PM Posted February 16, 2012 at 09:27 PM I don't really like the idea that Celine might sing MHWGO at different events for the promotion of Titanic 3D. Hope that's not true. Many people out there are fed up with the song. Why sing it all over the place again???It's ok to include it in the new Titanic soundtrack but to perform it all over again, oh please no. I'm afraid this might take all the attention away from her upcoming single/album...
Javito Posted February 17, 2012 at 12:13 AM Posted February 17, 2012 at 12:13 AM I don't really like the idea that Celine might sing MHWGO at different events for the promotion of Titanic 3D. Hope that's not true. Many people out there are fed up with the song. Why sing it all over the place again???It's ok to include it in the new Titanic soundtrack but to perform it all over again, oh please no. I'm afraid this might take all the attention away from her upcoming single/album... +1! Totally agree. One performance, in a specific event like a big premiere, that's OK. Or maybe one live performance in a theater premiere and one performance for a TV show. More, no thank you "Been there, done that" anyone? (and this is about 1.223.984.781 times performed already! ) "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
*Daniel Posted February 17, 2012 at 12:29 AM Posted February 17, 2012 at 12:29 AM Who's Delta Goodrem anyway and why is she mentioned in here??? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_goodrem and Delta got mentioned because the same thing is going on with her as well. Now all this may not be all Celine fault, Delta is with sony as well so it could be a sony thing as well. same thought crossed my mind the other day I really liked Delta's first album, but kinda lost interest after that Alot of fans are losing interest because there been nothing for so long. NO way is the album gonna be released in May, God this just makes me annoyed.... +1 Not even my local music store can tell me anything at all. "Everything is pretty much possible if you believe in yourself." ~ Celine Dion
smw Posted February 17, 2012 at 04:08 PM Posted February 17, 2012 at 04:08 PM I just want her team to get it right. Take your time recording the album.Take your time to get the songs right. The concept right. The promotion right.
ryba Posted February 17, 2012 at 04:16 PM Posted February 17, 2012 at 04:16 PM ohh hahah, I always thought Celine fans say "OH MY DION" me too hahaha
Celine Fan 77 Posted February 17, 2012 at 04:38 PM Posted February 17, 2012 at 04:38 PM +1! Totally agree. One performance, in a specific event like a big premiere, that's OK. Or maybe one live performance in a theater premiere and one performance for a TV show. More, no thank you "Been there, done that" anyone? (and this is about 1.223.984.781 times performed already! ) It could also turn to be a positive thing, I mean, it could really help the promotion of the album. Imagine her promo tour for the next album in shows like Ellen, GMA, Early Show, The View, The Rosie Show... etc MHWGO and then the lead single of the album, and maybe also the second single. Why not? Many people know her for that song, people LOVE that song, and Celine hasn't performed it in a while (outs of her concerts). Who wouldn't love to wake up and have breakfast while watching a live TV show with Celine singing "The Titanic Song" live? Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Celine Fan 77 Posted February 17, 2012 at 04:42 PM Posted February 17, 2012 at 04:42 PM Apparently, the album has been delayed until summer. The album will feature studio versions of the songs from the Vegas show and some new songs, then, in autumn of 2013, we'll get a FULL new album, made by NEW songs. That's according to CDItalia. Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
anewdayhascome Posted February 17, 2012 at 04:43 PM Posted February 17, 2012 at 04:43 PM BREAKING NEWS: Secondo voci il nuovo album inglese di Celine Dion è stato nuovamente posticipato all'estate 2012. L'album conterrà le versioni studio delle tracce che Celine Dion interpreta a Las Vegas e qualche inedito. Inoltre, pare che sia già nei piani un album inglese di soli inediti per l'autunno 2013.. what???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Shaun Posted February 17, 2012 at 04:50 PM Posted February 17, 2012 at 04:50 PM If true, the news that the album has been delayed isn't a huge shock. I mean it's the middle of February and we've still not heard a first single, no release date and really no concrete news so really still expecting an April / May release we were only fooling ourselves. Of more interest is the potential of another album next year!!!! Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
Recommended Posts