VinnyT. Posted June 5, 2008 at 08:12 AM Posted June 5, 2008 at 08:12 AM The source added: "Mariah is a massive world-wide star and her album sales in Ireland have been huge. We're in no doubt that the tickets will sell out extremely fast and there will be a massive demand from her fans." Especially the last album very huge sales Ireland (07-13-25-39-68-51-66) Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
Amoureye Posted June 5, 2008 at 09:36 AM Posted June 5, 2008 at 09:36 AM Hello! Does anyone have complete list of original remixes by Mariah Carey or a website where's this information? Thanks! Quote
Prince Whiskers Posted June 5, 2008 at 11:24 AM Posted June 5, 2008 at 11:24 AM So sad to see some Céline's fans hating on Mariah's talent and undeniable success. Céline = FLOP, TCH =flop, the GH released this fall = BIGGEST FLOP OF HER CAREER! WATCH OUT! Mariah = always success. Always. Going by the sales of their studio albums that came out in this decade (4 each), E=MC2 needs to sell something like 8M copies worldwide to catch up w/ Celine. Cheers to the powah of the Miracle babies!!!! Just 4 studio albums for Celine? Thant's a terrible understatement I think. Well, we can include the French and compilation albums if you wish. That would mean E=MC2 has to sell about 20 million copies to beat Celine. Quote http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
Prince Whiskers Posted June 5, 2008 at 01:27 PM Posted June 5, 2008 at 01:27 PM Mariah Daily's claim that their fave diva has sold almost 140M albums to date is exaggerated if you ask me. Since she has 160M in combined sales of albums, singles and videos according to her own record label, that would mean that her singles sold less than 20M worldwide. Quote http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
VinnyT. Posted June 5, 2008 at 01:40 PM Posted June 5, 2008 at 01:40 PM OUT from top 50 in Europe (last week 44) Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
Nikosn17 Posted June 5, 2008 at 01:55 PM Posted June 5, 2008 at 01:55 PM Mariah Daily's claim that their fave diva has sold almost 140M albums to date is exaggerated if you ask me. Since she has 160M in combined sales of albums, singles and videos according to her own record label, that would mean that her singles sold less than 20M worldwide. Oh please. This is not Celine who according to most of the TV shows she did during her TC promotion sold more than 200 million albums ?! And the same shows reported a lot lower numbers 1 or 2 years ago. Yeah she definetly did her best sales in 2005 and 2006. Since when her album sales increased with more than 30 millions for 1-2 years. She is nowhere near 200 millions so let's not talk about fake album sales. ok enough mariah positivity from me after reading that article cos "she wants to break all box office records" ? BAH! with only 70 shows? unless she's planning to charge mucho mucho this is the year of taking chances tour, back of b****!!!!! 2008 is the year of Taking Chances tour... Mariah's tour is planned for 2009. I don't think that since Celine is doing a tour in 2008 with a few dates in 2009 no one else can't do a tour. The source added: "Mariah is a massive world-wide star and her album sales in Ireland have been huge. We're in no doubt that the tickets will sell out extremely fast and there will be a massive demand from her fans." Especially the last album very huge sales Ireland (07-13-25-39-68-51-66) Why are you using that '' '' ? Like that you are sad or something Vinny please...And they talk about her sales in general not about TEOM. saying that TEOM topped the charts around the world is just simply untrue. TEOM topped the american charts "only". about the tour, she actually improved a lot, compared to her previous tours, though her voice keeps on getting worse. Not only in America. TEOM did pretty good in Japan: TEOM is platinum in Japan with 350,000 copies sold. It was 4 weeks #1 at the international Japan chart and peaked at #2 in the official japanese chart. Total TEOM sales in Europe: 1,250,000 (Platinum) It was also platinum in: PHILIPPINES (30,000) SOUTH KOREA (30,000) 2xplatinum in: UK (600,000) HONG KONG (40,000) So after all TEOM was not that bad internationally. Billboard Update: E=MC²Billboard 200 Albums: #8 (Last Week #7)Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums: #4 (Last Week #2Billboard Comprehensive Albums: #8 (Last Week #7)Billboard Top Internet Albums: #25 (Last Week #23)Billboard Top Canadian Albums: #18 (Last Week: #14)Sales this week: 35,581 (-21%)Total sales: 967,568 "Touch My Body"Billboard Hot 100: #18 (Last Week #13)Billboard Hot 100 Airplay: #11 (Last Week #7)Billboard Pop 100: #29 (Last Week #26)Billboard Pop 100 Airplay: #25 (Last Week #23)Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs: #12 (Last Week #9)Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay: #12 (Last Week #9Billboard Hot Adult R&B Airplay: #10 (Last Week #7)Billboard Top 40 Mainstream: #24 (Last Week #24)Billboard Rhythmic Top 40: #19 (Last Week #11)Billboard Hot Digital Tracks (Album): #47 (Last Week #44)Billboard Hot Digital Songs: #37 (Last Week #38)Billboard Hot Dance Airplay: #22 (Last Week: #20)Billboard Hot Dance Club Play: #31 (Last Week: #18)Billboard Hot Dance Singles Sales: #4 (Last Week: #4)Billboard Global Dance Tracks: #11 (Last Week: #9)Billboard Hot Singles Sales: #12 (Last Week #9)Downloads this week: 31,776 (-15%)Total Downloads: 1,039,347 Billboard Canadian Hot 100: #43 (Last Week: #37)Billboard Hot Canadian Digital Singles: #38 (Last Week: #38)Billboard Japan Hot 100 Singles: #64 (Last Week: #74) "Bye Bye"Billboard Hot 100: #22 (Last Week #26)Billboard Hot 100 Airplay: #17 (Last Week #18)Billboard Pop 100: #24 (Last Week #30)Billboard Pop 100 Airplay: #21 (Last Week #24)Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs: #36 (Last Week #36)Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay: #36 (Last Week #36)Billboard Hot Adult R&B Airplay: #40 (Last Week #36)Billboard Top 40 Mainstream: #18 (Last Week #19)Billboard Hot Digital Tracks: #37 (Last Week #47)Billboard Hot Digital Songs: #38 (Last Week #46)Billboard Rhythmic Top 40: #9 (Last Week #9)Billboard Hot Videoclip Tracks: #4 (Last Week: #11)Downloads this week: 31,722 (+4%)Total Downloads: 240,527 Billboard Canadian Hot 100: #44 (Last Week: #47)Billboard Hot Canadian Digital Singles: #52 (Last Week: #58) "I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time"Billboard Japan Hot 100 Singles: #27 (Last Week: #44) The Adventures of Mimi (DVD)Billboard Top Music Video: #4 (Last Week #2) Quote
Nikosn17 Posted June 5, 2008 at 02:00 PM Posted June 5, 2008 at 02:00 PM They are a lot. I don't think they are listed somewhere. Quote
VinnyT. Posted June 5, 2008 at 02:01 PM Posted June 5, 2008 at 02:01 PM Why are you using that '' '' ? Like that you are sad or something Vinny please...And they talk about her sales in general not about TEOM.No that doesnt mean "sad" but c"onfused!" I have no idea how much she sold in her carrier in Ireland, But I dont think she has huge sales there, especially the last album which the tour will be about, i think Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
Nikosn17 Posted June 5, 2008 at 02:06 PM Posted June 5, 2008 at 02:06 PM Why are you using that '' '' ? Like that you are sad or something Vinny please...And they talk about her sales in general not about TEOM.No that doesnt mean "sad" but c"onfused!" I have no idea how much she sold in her carrier in Ireland, But I dont think she has huge sales there, especially the last album which the tour will be about, i think anyway, By the way Vinny, do you know why I don't have any tags or emoticons when I write my post. This is from today. Do you know what happened? It's just a white box where I write and nothing else... Quote
VinnyT. Posted June 5, 2008 at 02:12 PM Posted June 5, 2008 at 02:12 PM Why are you using that '' '' ? Like that you are sad or something Vinny please...And they talk about her sales in general not about TEOM.No that doesnt mean "sad" but c"onfused!" I have no idea how much she sold in her carrier in Ireland, But I dont think she has huge sales there, especially the last album which the tour will be about, i think anyway, By the way Vinny, do you know why I don't have any tags or emoticons when I write my post. This is from today. Do you know what happened? It's just a white box where I write and nothing else... maybe you changed your setting while posting ! dunno! Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
Nikosn17 Posted June 5, 2008 at 02:13 PM Posted June 5, 2008 at 02:13 PM (edited) Why are you using that '' '' ? Like that you are sad or something Vinny please...And they talk about her sales in general not about TEOM.No that doesnt mean "sad" but c"onfused!" I have no idea how much she sold in her carrier in Ireland, But I dont think she has huge sales there, especially the last album which the tour will be about, i think anyway, By the way Vinny, do you know why I don't have any tags or emoticons when I write my post. This is from today. Do you know what happened? It's just a white box where I write and nothing else... maybe you changed your setting while posting ! dunno! How? Omg that's awful. I don't know how to fix it. :| I also can't use ''fast reply''. When I click on it nothing happens :| Edit: It's fine now. I re-started Firefox and it's ok. I don't know what happened. Edited June 5, 2008 at 02:16 PM by Nikosn17 Quote
Nikosn17 Posted June 5, 2008 at 02:18 PM Posted June 5, 2008 at 02:18 PM One member in one of the Mariah forums I visit just wrote that just saw a interview of Mariah in our local tv, she said she has a song that suits the Olympic theme, she said she could sing it if anyone wants.....but don't know why she didn't sing it in the end. And she made a blessing to the China Earthquake to us, she looked so sincere Quote
Prince Whiskers Posted June 5, 2008 at 02:19 PM Posted June 5, 2008 at 02:19 PM Oh please. This is not Celine who according to most of the TV shows she did during her TC promotion sold more than 200 million albums ?! And the same shows reported a lot lower numbers 1 or 2 years ago. Yeah she definetly did her best sales in 2005 and 2006. Since when her album sales increased with more than 30 millions for 1-2 years. She is nowhere near 200 millions so let's not talk about fake album sales. 200M albums for Celine....that's official whether you like it or not........160M albums, singles and videos for Mariah....that's official whether you like it or not. Quote http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
Nikosn17 Posted June 5, 2008 at 02:26 PM Posted June 5, 2008 at 02:26 PM Oh please. This is not Celine who according to most of the TV shows she did during her TC promotion sold more than 200 million albums ?! And the same shows reported a lot lower numbers 1 or 2 years ago. Yeah she definetly did her best sales in 2005 and 2006. Since when her album sales increased with more than 30 millions for 1-2 years. She is nowhere near 200 millions so let's not talk about fake album sales. 200M albums for Celine....that's official whether you like it or not........160M albums, singles and videos for Mariah....that's official whether you like it or not. Yeah right. No one can makes me thing that Celine sold 200M. That's called ''promotion for the new album''. Over 200M yeah right. Next time it will be 250. Quote
Prince Whiskers Posted June 5, 2008 at 02:43 PM Posted June 5, 2008 at 02:43 PM No one can makes me thing that Celine sold 200M. Well, no one's telling you to. Just like no one's telling me to believe that Glitter w/ its sales of about 600k deserved a platinum award in the US. Quote http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
Nikosn17 Posted June 5, 2008 at 02:48 PM Posted June 5, 2008 at 02:48 PM No one can makes me thing that Celine sold 200M. Well, no one's telling you to. Just like no one's telling me to believe that Glitter w/ its sales of about 600k deserved a platinum award in the US. It's not the same cause it's RIAA certified. I actually always wondered why it's certified but I think there was something else. Once I asked about it, they explained me but I didn't understand it ... Quote
Black Kitten Posted June 5, 2008 at 02:52 PM Posted June 5, 2008 at 02:52 PM yeah. same thing happened to "music box". it sold a little over 7M in the US, and they certified it DIAMOND. isn't it time for All the Way... A Decade of Song to be certified DIAMOND as well? it sold more than 8M in america... Quote
Prince Whiskers Posted June 5, 2008 at 02:54 PM Posted June 5, 2008 at 02:54 PM It's not the same cause it's RIAA certified. I actually always wondered why it's certified but I think there was something else. Once I asked about it, they explained me but I didn't understand it ...RIAA is all about shipments, my dear. Just look at the Nielsen Soundscan numbers. Daydream and Music Box ARE not even close to 8M and yet both albums WERE certified 10X platinum a looooong time ago. Quote http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
Nikosn17 Posted June 5, 2008 at 02:57 PM Posted June 5, 2008 at 02:57 PM It's not the same cause it's RIAA certified. I actually always wondered why it's certified but I think there was something else. Once I asked about it, they explained me but I didn't understand it ...RIAA is all about shipments, my dear. Just look at the Nielsen Soundscan numbers. Daydream and Music Box ARE not even close to 8M and yet both albums WERE certified 10X platinum a looooong time ago. I knooow but then why her debut album with 8 840 000 is certified only 9xPlatinum. That doesn't make sense. I don't understand that. Quote
Nikosn17 Posted June 5, 2008 at 02:59 PM Posted June 5, 2008 at 02:59 PM And by the way look: RIAA certifications are based on the amount of records shipped to stores and record clubs minus returns, meaning if there are many copies of an album on the shelves at retail and record clubs and there is no demand for them, they will be shipped back to the record label and will not be counted in the certification, this is why there is a 4 week waiting period for a first certification. Quote
Prince Whiskers Posted June 5, 2008 at 03:04 PM Posted June 5, 2008 at 03:04 PM Which means that some of her certifications in the US have NOT been corrected! Quote http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
Nikosn17 Posted June 5, 2008 at 03:05 PM Posted June 5, 2008 at 03:05 PM Which means that some of her certifications in the US have NOT been corrected! I doubt that. That means that there is something else we don't know about these certifications. Quote
Prince Whiskers Posted June 5, 2008 at 03:10 PM Posted June 5, 2008 at 03:10 PM Which means that some of her certifications in the US have NOT been corrected! I doubt that. That means that there is something else we don't know about these certifications.Something else? Not unless her club sales are included. Well, Celine's club sales aren't!! Or to cite ONE example, FIY should be certified 13X platinum! Quote http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
Nikosn17 Posted June 5, 2008 at 03:14 PM Posted June 5, 2008 at 03:14 PM Which means that some of her certifications in the US have NOT been corrected! I doubt that. That means that there is something else we don't know about these certifications.Something else? Not unless her club sales are included. Well, Celine's club sales aren't!! Or to cite ONE example, FIY should be certified 13X platinum! I don't know. I'm not the one who certifies albums. I just asked on one of the Mariah boards so I'll wait and see what they'll say. Quote
Prince Whiskers Posted June 5, 2008 at 03:23 PM Posted June 5, 2008 at 03:23 PM Other possibilities: 1. Retailers who ordered did NOT bother to return the unsold copies hoping they'd sell over time. 2. Tommy Mottola bought the remaining copies. Quote http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
WaterFromTheMoon Posted June 5, 2008 at 03:26 PM Posted June 5, 2008 at 03:26 PM Do you think she still has the voice can do a real tour? Hope she's not killing her own voice even worse. I agree Quote
Prince Whiskers Posted June 5, 2008 at 03:32 PM Posted June 5, 2008 at 03:32 PM Do you think she still has the voice can do a real tour? Hope she's not killing her own voice even worse. I agree Well, you can't blame her. Money nowadays is made from concerts rather than from record sales. Even in 2005 when she did very well w/ TEOM, she ranked below Celine in the money list. Quote http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
Nikosn17 Posted June 5, 2008 at 03:35 PM Posted June 5, 2008 at 03:35 PM (edited) Do you think she still has the voice can do a real tour? Hope she's not killing her own voice even worse. I agree Well, you can't blame her. Money nowadays is made from concerts rather than from record sales. Even in 2005 when she did very well w/ TEOM, she ranked below Celine in the money list. Yeah but don't forget that Celine had her monster deal in Vegas, also perfums (by the time Mariah doesn't have on. Her first fragrance ''M'' was out at the end of 2007) Edited June 5, 2008 at 03:36 PM by Nikosn17 Quote
GoldenLeaf Posted June 5, 2008 at 03:36 PM Posted June 5, 2008 at 03:36 PM OUT from top 50 in Europe (last week 44)Is she still in the European Top 100 Albums ? Quote
WaterFromTheMoon Posted June 5, 2008 at 04:01 PM Posted June 5, 2008 at 04:01 PM Im quite sure of that! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.