Jump to content

Celine on the X Factor on October 27 - Performing live!


Recommended Posts

Posted

Relax people!! From what I had read, I expected something terrible! :shrug: But not at all. Sure, not her best but she did a great job when you think there were sound problems (she couldn't hear herself) and some fog (oh no!!) on stage. We could barely hear the band but you know what, it gave the song a different feel, more accoustic/raw, less overproduced. :yes:

 

The problem is that many of you have played this song about 10,000 times (and more!!) and you expect to hear the EXACT same notes, and every little detail to be the same!! And that's not going to happen. When Celine tours, I'm sure she will change things here and there and it will be nice to hear some differences. And of course she hits the note in the studio as someone said, but she's like at home in the studio. She doesn't have to fly accross the ocean to get to the studio (normally), she doesn't have a live audience and millions of people watching at home and the sound is always perfect!!! :thumbsup2:

 

Overall, she did a great job and looked FABULOUS!! :in_love: :in_love: :wub: :wub: :w00t: :w00t:

So it's a good start as far as I'm concerned.... :whistling:

Posted
i don't want tis performance and this celine on stage in france and in tour

this is not good for the promo to do a performance like this in the tour world

 

Are you out of your mind!!!! what are you sayin!!! OMG what is wrong with you people!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

EVERY DAY WE HAVE IS ONE MORE THAN WE DESERVE
Posted
i don't want tis performance and this celine on stage in france and in tour

this is not good for the promo to do a performance like this in the tour world

 

Are you out of your mind!!!! what are you sayin!!! OMG what is wrong with you people!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

 

Fab, i suggest you stay in your room, no more tv, no more Celine on the internet, and no concert for you in France or elsewhere. :nono:

Sounds like a spoiled kid to me!! :whistling:

Posted
I'M SORRY FOR U THAT U CAN'T READ IT WHAT CAN I SAY?,BUT U CAN STILL TRY
Posted

she was good :) maybe she was sick or tired but she wasn't bad :D lets hope she do it better on next performances :thumbsup2:

 

What if u SAY!!! :whistling:

Posted (edited)

Yummyyy. Celine looked AMAZING :wub:

But, I must comment on the performance. I think the entire song was sung wrong. :ermm: It seems lower in key than the actual song... And some may believe it's the band's fault, but actually, it's a little Celine blooper. :rolleyes: I'm led to believe she started off on the wrong note and that caused an alternation in the entire song to be sung in a completely different key. It sounded good overall, but she's singing in the wrong key. I think she was overall too flat... but also sometimes a bit too sharp. :ermm:

Edited by celinerific

http://i58.tinypic.com/2qbub9c.png

 

@ErikaTran | Insta: aireexwp | erikatran.com

Posted
i don't know how to tell what i want to tell sorry again for my english

OK, I understand Fab... but that message was not very nice... :whistling:

We won't hold it against you. FOR NOW! :giggle:

Posted (edited)
Am I the only one thinking the sound on the interview clip is in high frequency enough to make the dogs cry in Australia? :shrug:

 

Could someone please convert a better sound before PETA sues us al for playing that clip?

 

/fred

 

 

I thought I was the only one! But after watching a second time... I think it's the British accent. :whistling: Everyone talked really fast and it seemed like they didn't take a breath between sentences.

 

After seeing the performance - I can totally understand Céline's reaction to the fans outside her hotel.

Being the perfectionist that she is... she was probably upset about the technical difficulties and her performance. She has a lot to deal with... the jet lag, nerves, hectic schedule and performing new material for the first time on the #1 show in the UK. She looked really tired! Not to mention, I'm sure René gave her an ear full on the way back to the hotel! She was probably on the verge of crying and just wanted to get to her hotel room, in complete solice, before losing it. :crybaby:

 

HANG TOUGH GIRL!! WE LOVE YOU!!

Edited by ByuSmurf
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/byusmurf/siggy12-25-05.jpg

Posted
You could see when the camera was behind her that she was reading the words from the autocue (or at least needed them for backup) so it shows how unfamiliar she is with this song. I'm sure she'll be more relaxed for the upcoming performances, especially the ones that aren't live and they have time to correct any techical problems.
Posted (edited)

I just spent the past five minutes skimming through the last ten pages of this thread.

Poor baby. :cry: Hang in there Celine, I'm coming over to give you the biggest huge ever! And you can even pour the water on my shoulders. :cry:

 

Let us send bunches and bunches and bunches and bunches and bunches and bunches and bunches of love to our Celine. :)

Edited by celinerific

http://i58.tinypic.com/2qbub9c.png

 

@ErikaTran | Insta: aireexwp | erikatran.com

Posted

Celine usually sounds stupid?

 

Ok. I've had it. Seriously.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/welovecelinedion/howcute5gv2.jpg

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10501;104/st/20080413/e/my+graduation/dt/4/k/f5ff/event.png

 

"And really - isn't NOT caring about what others think of you the hallmark of a cool person?"

Posted (edited)

What?! Okay... time for some slapping! Celine sounds stupid when she talks now? :angry2:

To whom it may concern, I can bet you she has more wonderful things to say in one single interview than you can ever come up with in your whole life. Celine is an inspirational woman. She's talented, loving, and gorgeous. Some people on here are so pesimistic, it's rediculous. :angry2:

 

Celine's human, she has her flaws... don't expect her to be absolutely 100% perfect all the time. That's a lot of freaking pressure. Try putting yourself in her shoes... deal with the critics, the nerve-raking moments before a performance, the media... I can bet you my paycheck you wouldn't be able to stand it for long. Some people should just learn to leave her alone sometimes. Quit stepping on her heals and let her be. :angry2:

Edited by celinerific

http://i58.tinypic.com/2qbub9c.png

 

@ErikaTran | Insta: aireexwp | erikatran.com

Posted
You could see when the camera was behind her that she was reading the words from the autocue (or at least needed them for backup) so it shows how unfamiliar she is with this song. I'm sure she'll be more relaxed for the upcoming performances, especially the ones that aren't live and they have time to correct any techical problems.

 

You're saying she didn't know the words to the song??? :doh:

Posted
You could see when the camera was behind her that she was reading the words from the autocue (or at least needed them for backup) so it shows how unfamiliar she is with this song. I'm sure she'll be more relaxed for the upcoming performances, especially the ones that aren't live and they have time to correct any techical problems.

 

 

actually all tv stations put the lyrics on telepromters for a backup beacause sometimes the singers forgot or confuse the lyrics so all tv stations use the telepromters to show lyrics or the things the hosts have to say but ur right she have to do it better next time :D im thinking maybe she get scared when the fire comes up :P :sofunny:

Posted
What?! Okay... time for some slapping! Celine sounds stupid when she talks now? :angry2:

To whom it may concern, I can bet you she has more wonderful things to say in one single interview than you can ever come up with in your whole life. Celine is an inspirational woman. She's talented, loving, and gorgeous. Some people on here are so pesimistic, it's rediculous. :angry2:

I totally agree with you!! Shes always so cute, truly person, nicely and may times when the time is to be serious is very intelligent about some subjects!

Posted (edited)
And may I add her musical intelligence is 50,000 times higher than everyone else's. :yes: Edited by celinerific

http://i58.tinypic.com/2qbub9c.png

 

@ErikaTran | Insta: aireexwp | erikatran.com

Posted

I just came home (it's 3am) and I have watched the performance 4 times. I think she nailed it, there was some difficulties but she did awesome job!!!!!

 

thanks for the youtube links.

 

:wub: :wub:

"Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."

Posted

She was wonderfull

she did a great job no question about it

TAKING CHANCES WORLD TOUR

8 mei O2 Londen, 13 14 16 mei sportpaleis Antwerpen, 24 mei Palais omnysport Bercy Parijs, 2 juni Arena Amsterdam, 7 juli Arras

Posted

I can't believe some of the things I've read in this thread!!!!!! :shrug:

For what it's worth, I think her performance was Bloody FANTASTIC!!!!!!! She also looked stunning.

I thought it was so funny when Dermot was trying to shut her up and she kept on talking!!!!! :D

Posted

Thanks for the screencaps! She looks good!

Hope we can watch the video soon. :kicking:

Posted
as Celine said herself the voice changes every day...maybe it wasn't that good, but I'm sure the next performances will be better because I can imagine how she felt after her singing that song and she doesn't want it to happen again - but still it was a good perfomance and Celine - we will ALWAYS love YOU!
Posted
i was expecting for a performance full of energy like RDMH or LCMM, but was nice and live

#FREEJAVITO

 

Posted

I am afraid to say anything negative, for fear of getting stoned. :giggle:

 

The performance was pretty good...she can and will do better I am sure. I mean this is the first time she has sang this song live, correct? Give her a break. Only thing I didnt really care for was the dress, but hey...she looked pretty good.

 

The song didn't sound the same as the album, but hey it was live. I'd rather see her sing live and not perfect than lip a song any day. I am sure this is the start of many good performances to come.

All of the promises broken..

And all of the songs left unsung...

Seem so far away as I make my way back to you.

You gave me faith and you gave me a world to believe in

Posted
WOW! Thanks to everybody for sharing the caps and the links to the video! Yay, personally I think that Celine was wonderful!

I'm a twin mommy just like Celine!

Sophia and Anthony arrived on December 28, 2010

 

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f380/SarahJB5/asblockssmaller.jpg

Posted (edited)
I'm not gonna say what I really thought about the performance because it seems that this has become quite the sensitive topic and there is a good deal of fans in here who are taking others opinions waaaay to personal BUT I will say it wasn't her best by far. Am I suprised...not so much. We'll see whats to come in upcoming performances. Edited by piglot82
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b119/Piglot82/heartsig1.jpg
Posted
Ok. First off, thanks to Vinny, Seb and Lisa for the youtube videos. Secondly, I don`t think some of you understand what its like to perform live in front of millions of people, seasoned professional or not. Its very scarey! Celine herself has said that she still gets nervous for performances. She was out of her comfort zone people! Coming from a venue that she`s performed at for the past five years to a show in a country that hasn`t been exactly kind to her, I can only imagine her nerves. Plus its still a new song, she wasn`t with a band that she was confortable with and on top of everything else she had technical difficulties! I mean give her a break! I`m so glad I watched the performance before I read some of your comments :rolleyes:. Was it her best performance? No. Could it have been better? Of course. But I`m not going to bash her. I`m sure she feel bad enough as it is without some of us doing it. Well done Celine! We will always love you :thumbsup2:

Music Is Life...Live It

You are the music while the music lasts. ~T.S. Eliot

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney

Posted
Right right right, where to begin?

 

Can I just say that I was utterly proud to be a Celine Dion fan tonight. The UK's most watched television programme literally revolved the entire show around Celine tonight, it was all about her! Truly amazing.

 

During the mentoring clips Celine was gracious, honest and gave her true assessment of each individual performer or group, something which she should be commended for. It's refreshing to actually her someone speak their mind.

 

As for the build up to Celine's performance, you couldn't have asked for any better, the audience and judges and host of the show were all going nuts for Celine hence her "thank you" at the start of the song and then the little VT prior to her performance- the build up was huge and justified.

 

The stage was set for Celine - a captive audience, a live band, stunning set.

 

The performance wasn't the best BUT this was one of the first times Celine has ever sung this song live, she CLEARLY had techincal issues and moreover it was BLOODY obivous that for whatever reason she was entirely nervous. Tonight was an important night for Celine, they made it all about her, she was performing "Taking Chances" for the first time and she hasn't been in the UK for years where she KNOWS what her reputation is, she isn't stupid. Of course nerves got to her.

 

But you know what, she pulled it off.

 

Yes, there was a few dud notes. She did struggle at times. And yes, we all expect better of Celine.

 

But the point is there were so many other mitigating circumstances that the fact Celine managed to hold it together and pull off a credible performance that the general public would in no way scrutinize the way we are doing is a huge credit to Celine.

 

Welcome back to the UK Celine! Roll on a certain chart hit next Sunday!

 

 

I agree

 

I think this forum is being awfully hard on her. Although not her best performance it still gave me chills. Her voice just does.....

 

The general public will not notice and Celine was better than anyone else. Every syllable was crystal clear she did look a bit nervouse but its a very hard song to do live. I expect some of the other performances will be lip sync

I never even knew the song the orchestra was playing........

 

Glasgow SECC, November 1996

Edinburgh Murrayfield, July 1999

Las Vegas, Collosuem November 2005

An Audience With, ITV Studios November 2007

Manchester MEN Arena - 2 May 2008

London 02 Arena - 6 May 2008

Birmingham NIA - 10 May 2008

Nice, France - 5 July 2008

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...