incognito Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:16 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:16 PM (edited) Celine is the only artist that sounds exactly the same live as she does in studio. No she isn't, there are others. But she's certainly one of them, when she's at her best. Edited October 27, 2007 at 11:20 PM by incognito Quote
fred Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:17 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:17 PM I don't think it's because she "stayed in Vegas too long"! She's done plenty other TV performances during that time. And I don't think it was all jetlag. The reason he performed as she did was because, I think, coz she was paniking bit, "something's not right, something's not right. Should I do this or do that instead, do I get too high, to I sing too low?" That's what I think went through her mind and that's why she couldn't focus 100 % on performing. And I forgot to say it's great to see her back on TV outside the US again!!! (and outside the colosseum) /fred Quote Peace and love to all.
Céline's Blues Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:18 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:18 PM RECAPPerformance: http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=ue7ZG3UO0oAMentoring: http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=aBQCnJH_K9cInterview: http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=QolwGfN4Y4Q Grazias!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVED right? Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
tcherno Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:19 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:19 PM Geeze! I thought I could be harsh! It was clear that she was kept having technical difficulties. She was always reaching behind her. Celine is the only artist that sounds exactly the same live as she does in studio. Anyone else up there could not even come close. It's too bad but she can have on off night too, especially when it is not all her fault! The UK is even lucky she's there, the way the media hate on her all the time!!! "Celine is the only artist that sounds exactly the same live"i totally agree. it was her first appearence, it should be better. hope that tomorrow, she will do better Quote
Bumble Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:23 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:23 PM At least, if she can't sing, she still can talk...and for once, she didn't sound stupid. Let's rejoice now! Quote W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H
PrincesseJen Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:26 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:26 PM At least, if she can't sing, she still can talk...and for once, she didn't sound stupid. Let's rejoice now! http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z30/Sarahj21230/Smileys/Smileys%201/thlaughs9.gif Quote http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z30/Sarahj21230/Celine%20and%20Josh/pinkroseCeline-1.jpg
ZoraSourit Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:26 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:26 PM At least, if she can't sing, she still can talk...and for once, she didn't sound stupid. Let's rejoice now! we should dance! Quote http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/zorasourit/2.jpgAntwerp ~ Paris ~ Dublin ~ Amsterdam ~ Berlim ~ Milan ~ ArrasSome people need no slogans or presentations. And that was a wrap, folks!
rhapsodion Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:27 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:27 PM Great big thanks to the ones that put up the caps and videos, so that fans on the other side of the world could enjoy it! As for Celine's appearance and performance tonight, she simply has so much class!!! Technically not her best performance, but I don't think it was that bad. And the expression in her eyes, as well as the hand gesture that she made during the performance were just fabulous! I wonder how it will be like next time if she perform the song without a mike stand, seeing her rocking around on stage with that song. Quote
VinnyT. Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:28 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:28 PM At least, if she can't sing, she still can talk...and for once, she didn't sound stupid. Let's rejoice now! oh do u think she sounds stupid usually? Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
fred Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:28 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:28 PM Am I the only one thinking the sound on the interview clip is in high frequency enough to make the dogs cry in Australia? Could someone please convert a better sound before PETA sues us al for playing that clip? /fred Quote Peace and love to all.
tcherno Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:28 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:28 PM At least, if she can't sing, she still can talk...and for once, she didn't sound stupid. Let's rejoice now! http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z30/Sarahj21230/Smileys/Smileys%201/thlaughs9.gif maybe this is part of her NEW Celine. hope she wont sound stupid from now on and stop those facial expressions Quote
bruno_oliveira Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:29 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:29 PM celine must pray MORE to god before she sings...you know...grammy awards - technical difficultiesworld music awards - that fog from hell damaged her voice...xfactor - the band played the song different right? its not her band there.... and that studio doesnt have the humidity she got used to have in vegas....i guess she missed that Quote
jjlovescéline Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:29 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:29 PM Like, the mentoring link was fine, but I can't get this performance one to play! Are you using Windows Vista? Or do you have low memory on your computer? That can make YT not play. Maybe it was the memory thing . . . but I finally got to watch Céline's performance. I was apprehensive because of all the talk here in the forum...but I have to "say" . . . I loved it! That's a very difficult song to sing with all the high and low notes and she was AWESOME! Thanks so much for sharing all the stuff from the UK X Factor show! Quote
Shaun Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:29 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:29 PM It would've been great to see her throwing the mic stand to the side when the drums kicked in and at least walking around the stage. Do the air guitar, encourage the audience to clap, move her hips, simply do something. She was so static, almost like she had stage fright. Probably understandable considering everything else that was going on. Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
Costa Santos Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:30 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:30 PM There's always something to complain about. It's incredible. Dunno why some of you have always something to complain about. What do you think about giving her a break...? She's not a machine... It wasn't her best performance, but, it wasn't her worst one either. Let's try to talk about the positive aspects and stop complainin' about everything. She did a good performance. Her hair was fab. and her eyes... Celine'll always be the greatest singer in the world. I know that we gotta talk about everything. However, let's not only focus on the negative points. Okay...? Do hope you'll get me. Quote CELINE, I'M SO PROUD OF LOVING YOU. http://www.celinedion.com/global/images/worldtour/worldtour_sa_5.jpg I was there...: ... May, 20th - Paris, France...... May, 21st - Paris, France...... May, 24th - Paris, France...... May, 25th - Paris, France...... May, 27th - Paris, France...... May, 30th - Dublin, Ireland...... June, 02nd - Amsterdam, Holland...
PrincesseJen Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:30 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:30 PM Am I the only one thinking the sound on the interview clip is in high frequency enough to make the dogs cry in Australia? Could someone please convert a better sound before PETA sues us al for playing that clip? /fred Quote http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z30/Sarahj21230/Celine%20and%20Josh/pinkroseCeline-1.jpg
Bumble Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:31 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:31 PM At least, if she can't sing, she still can talk...and for once, she didn't sound stupid. Let's rejoice now! oh do u think she sounds stupid usually? I think she says a lot of nonsense most of the time, and I want to slap her whenever she mentions rené (or rené charles), babies, and tomatoes. Quote W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H
VinnyT. Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:32 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:32 PM Am I the only one thinking the sound on the interview clip is in high frequency enough to make the dogs cry in Australia? Could someone please convert a better sound before PETA sues us al for playing that clip? /fredif you dont like it just dont watch it! it's all I could have do for tonite Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
fred Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:32 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:32 PM At least, if she can't sing, she still can talk...and for once, she didn't sound stupid. Let's rejoice now! oh do u think she sounds stupid usually? Wow, Clonazepam, you can caress and slap in just one sentence! And, VinnyT, actually....sometimes she sounds a bit... special. And I blame Vegas for that. Vegas stupified her, I hope she has a quick recovery as she's finally leaving that mirage. /fred Quote Peace and love to all.
Bumble Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:35 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:35 PM xfactor - the band played the song different right? its not her band there.... and that studio doesnt have the humidity she got used to have in vegas....i guess she missed thatThe band was "play syncing" on a prerecorded track. And If you ever go to london, you'll understand that the london fog is worth the multimilion humidity machine she has in vegas. Quote W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H
Shaun Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:35 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:35 PM You know, I really hate this attitude of how we are not allowed to analyze or be critical of Celine's performances. We simply have to accept performances as they are because Celine "is human." Get real. This is a discussion forum and the whole point is people air their views, good or bad. You have to be prepared to accept other peoples opinions whether you agree with them or not. Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
fred Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:41 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:41 PM Am I the only one thinking the sound on the interview clip is in high frequency enough to make the dogs cry in Australia? Could someone please convert a better sound before PETA sues us al for playing that clip? /fredif you dont like it just dont watch it! it's all I could have do for tonite Oooooooh I'm sorry Vinnybinnyboy! The other clips sound were superb though! Did you ever know that you're my heeeeeeeeroooo....?! Don't know where that came from, sorry, but I do feel very good feelings about you for the moment. Have no clue though. It will probably pass... And I'll discover a post where you dissed me and I swear silently my revenge to you and al will be back to normal. /fred Quote Peace and love to all.
bruno_oliveira Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:42 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:42 PM i think its a crazy feelingwe discuss her appearances as if we wore her vocal coach or something like that... its like soccer...everybody who watch on tv, has something to complain and tell about.... Quote
VinnyT. Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:45 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:45 PM Am I the only one thinking the sound on the interview clip is in high frequency enough to make the dogs cry in Australia? Could someone please convert a better sound before PETA sues us al for playing that clip? /fredif you dont like it just dont watch it! it's all I could have do for tonite Oooooooh I'm sorry Vinnybinnyboy! The other clips sound were superb though! Did you ever know that you're my heeeeeeeeroooo....?! Don't know where that came from, sorry, but I do feel very good feelings about you for the moment. Have no clue though. It will probably pass... And I'll discover a post where you dissed me and I swear silently my revenge to you and al will be back to normal. /fred Have a good night and forget to switch to day light saving time Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
artistman2007 Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:56 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 11:56 PM WE love u celine no matter what she looked fantastic and her performance is very good too AND PLEASE GUYS LETS DO THIS ALL OF US TOGETHAR ,LETS THINK IN A NEW WAY AND LISTEN CELINE IN A NEW WAY,WE ARE TRUE FANS AND WE HEARD HER BEFOR AND WE KNOW HER VOICE VERY VERY WELL FROM LTAL AND COML AND ALL THE GREAT ALBUMS,AND NO BODY CAN BE THE SAME ANY MORE ,CELINE CAN STILL SING OK BUT NOT THE SAME OFCOURSE BUT STILL GOOD ,AND SHE GAVE US ALOT AND WE KNEW HER BEFOR,SO LETS TRY TO JUST ENJOY HER NOW AS SHE IS WITH THE MISTAKS THAT SHO DO ON STAGE THAT SHE DIDN'T USE TO DO THEM ,AND JUST ENJOY HER ,I KNOW ALL THE MISTAKES SHE DOES BUT I'M THINKING IN A NEW WAY AND I'M ENJOING HER REALLY BEC I LOVE HER ,I HOPE YOU DO THE SAME,BECAUSE CELINE CANT MAKE HER VOICE BE THE SAME SO LETS JUST ENJOY ,LOVE U CELINE Quote
fred Posted October 28, 2007 at 12:01 AM Posted October 28, 2007 at 12:01 AM Have a good night and forget to switch to day light saving time Well good night to you aswell. But what are you trying to achive? It would actually be quite nice to forget to turn back the clock coz that would give me an intire extra hour tomorrow. But I guess that was not what you were implying... /fred Quote Peace and love to all.
Costa Santos Posted October 28, 2007 at 12:03 AM Posted October 28, 2007 at 12:03 AM You know, I really hate this attitude of how we are not allowed to analyze or be critical of Celine's performances. We simply have to accept performances as they are because Celine "is human." Get real. This is a discussion forum and the whole point is people air their views, good or bad. You have to be prepared to accept other peoples opinions whether you agree with them or not. I know what you mean by that. I do agree with you. Nevertheless, sometimes, all some people do is to criticize her and some of her performances. Of course, we've got that right, but, when it's TOO MUCH... Oh, my! I mean... It's horrible. Anyway... Each of us has the right to decide on what to talk about. All I expect is to read more positive views. Hope you won't get me wrong. Quote CELINE, I'M SO PROUD OF LOVING YOU. http://www.celinedion.com/global/images/worldtour/worldtour_sa_5.jpg I was there...: ... May, 20th - Paris, France...... May, 21st - Paris, France...... May, 24th - Paris, France...... May, 25th - Paris, France...... May, 27th - Paris, France...... May, 30th - Dublin, Ireland...... June, 02nd - Amsterdam, Holland...
fred Posted October 28, 2007 at 12:04 AM Posted October 28, 2007 at 12:04 AM WE love u celine no matter what she looked fantastic and her performance is very good too AND PLEASE GUYS LETS DO THIS ALL OF US TOGETHAR ,LETS THINK IN A NEW WAY AND LISTEN CELINE IN A NEW WAY,WE ARE TRUE FANS AND WE HEARD HER BEFOR AND WE KNOW HER VOICE VERY VERY WELL FROM LTAL AND COML AND ALL THE GREAT ALBUMS,AND NO BODY CAN BE THE SAME ANY MORE ,CELINE CAN STILL SING OK BUT NOT THE SAME OFCOURSE BUT STILL GOOD ,AND SHE GAVE US ALOT AND WE KNEW HER BEFOR,SO LETS TRY TO JUST ENJOY HER NOW AS SHE IS WITH THE MISTAKS THAT SHO DO ON STAGE THAT SHE DIDN'T USE TO DO THEM ,AND JUST ENJOY HER ,I KNOW ALL THE MISTAKES SHE DOES BUT I'M THINKING IN A NEW WAY AND I'M ENJOING HER REALLY BEC I LOVE HER ,I HOPE YOU DO THE SAME,BECAUSE CELINE CANT MAKE HER VOICE BE THE SAME SO LETS JUST ENJOY ,LOVE U CELINE It's still a wonder to me why people keep posting all caps post. Can somebody explain?! It's unreadable! What's the point in posting if no one has the energy to read what you've written? Or is it some cryptical message in those caps posts? What could it be? /fred Quote Peace and love to all.
Istike Posted October 28, 2007 at 12:06 AM Posted October 28, 2007 at 12:06 AM WE love u celine no matter what she looked fantastic and her performance is very good too AND PLEASE GUYS LETS DO THIS ALL OF US TOGETHAR ,LETS THINK IN A NEW WAY AND LISTEN CELINE IN A NEW WAY,WE ARE TRUE FANS AND WE HEARD HER BEFOR AND WE KNOW HER VOICE VERY VERY WELL FROM LTAL AND COML AND ALL THE GREAT ALBUMS,AND NO BODY CAN BE THE SAME ANY MORE ,CELINE CAN STILL SING OK BUT NOT THE SAME OFCOURSE BUT STILL GOOD ,AND SHE GAVE US ALOT AND WE KNEW HER BEFOR,SO LETS TRY TO JUST ENJOY HER NOW AS SHE IS WITH THE MISTAKS THAT SHO DO ON STAGE THAT SHE DIDN'T USE TO DO THEM ,AND JUST ENJOY HER ,I KNOW ALL THE MISTAKES SHE DOES BUT I'M THINKING IN A NEW WAY AND I'M ENJOING HER REALLY BEC I LOVE HER ,I HOPE YOU DO THE SAME,BECAUSE CELINE CANT MAKE HER VOICE BE THE SAME SO LETS JUST ENJOY ,LOVE U CELINE I guess Celine do everything on her career for US. Be proud of her!!!! Quote IstiHungarian Fan Club
fred Posted October 28, 2007 at 12:08 AM Posted October 28, 2007 at 12:08 AM WE love u celine no matter what she looked fantastic and her performance is very good too AND PLEASE GUYS LETS DO THIS ALL OF US TOGETHAR ,LETS THINK IN A NEW WAY AND LISTEN CELINE IN A NEW WAY,WE ARE TRUE FANS AND WE HEARD HER BEFOR AND WE KNOW HER VOICE VERY VERY WELL FROM LTAL AND COML AND ALL THE GREAT ALBUMS,AND NO BODY CAN BE THE SAME ANY MORE ,CELINE CAN STILL SING OK BUT NOT THE SAME OFCOURSE BUT STILL GOOD ,AND SHE GAVE US ALOT AND WE KNEW HER BEFOR,SO LETS TRY TO JUST ENJOY HER NOW AS SHE IS WITH THE MISTAKS THAT SHO DO ON STAGE THAT SHE DIDN'T USE TO DO THEM ,AND JUST ENJOY HER ,I KNOW ALL THE MISTAKES SHE DOES BUT I'M THINKING IN A NEW WAY AND I'M ENJOING HER REALLY BEC I LOVE HER ,I HOPE YOU DO THE SAME,BECAUSE CELINE CANT MAKE HER VOICE BE THE SAME SO LETS JUST ENJOY ,LOVE U CELINE I guess Celine do everything on her career for US. Be proud of her!!!! You could read it?! Please translate. /fred Quote Peace and love to all.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.