I Surrender Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:11 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:11 PM Good job Celine. It will only get better from here. Quote http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Celine%20Dion/MyLove-1.jpg http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Anastacia%20div/defeated.png http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Celine%20Dion/MyLove1-kopie-1.jpgGoodbye's Are Not Forever, Goodbye's Are Not The End, They Simply Mean I'll Miss You, Till We Meet Again -xxx-[/b]If You Don't Stand For Something, You'll Fall For Anything !!~ Make A Difference, Think Pink ~ --> Click For Free Mammograms <--
ZoraSourit Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:11 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:11 PM Here we go.... *rolling eyes* May all the bashing begin... Let the haters move forward... Quote http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/zorasourit/2.jpgAntwerp ~ Paris ~ Dublin ~ Amsterdam ~ Berlim ~ Milan ~ ArrasSome people need no slogans or presentations. And that was a wrap, folks!
leenylover Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:12 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:12 PM I find it difficult to be too critical, this would have been a big deal for Celine, you could tell she was a little aprehensive. For one of her first performances of this song to be to one of the most hostile countries (well the press are anyway) it would have been quite daunting. She was obviously having technical difficulties too. The comments I have seen from non-celine forums have been positive. They definately appreciate her new style and understated performance. I just think it's a shame, she didn't relax a little bit more. She didn't seem to get much enjoyment out of this. I don't know whether anyone else agrees? Love Lisaxxx Quote My List of Celine Dion stuff, PM me to trade!
ZoraSourit Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:13 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:13 PM Hands down to you, Céline girl! Good Job! I'm proud of you! Quote http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/zorasourit/2.jpgAntwerp ~ Paris ~ Dublin ~ Amsterdam ~ Berlim ~ Milan ~ ArrasSome people need no slogans or presentations. And that was a wrap, folks!
incognito Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:13 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:13 PM With fans like you lot who needs enemies? She was good. Quote
dj4celine Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:15 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:15 PM Thanks Lisa The performance was wicked!! The technical snag just can't be tolerated Quote
I Surrender Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:16 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:16 PM I agree. Without the technical issue she would have blown them away. Next time she will. Quote http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Celine%20Dion/MyLove-1.jpg http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Anastacia%20div/defeated.png http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Celine%20Dion/MyLove1-kopie-1.jpgGoodbye's Are Not Forever, Goodbye's Are Not The End, They Simply Mean I'll Miss You, Till We Meet Again -xxx-[/b]If You Don't Stand For Something, You'll Fall For Anything !!~ Make A Difference, Think Pink ~ --> Click For Free Mammograms <--
ZoraSourit Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:16 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:16 PM I find it difficult to be too critical, this would have been a big deal for Celine, you could tell she was a little aprehensive. For one of her first performances of this song to be to one of the most hostile countries (well the press are anyway) it would have been quite daunting. She was obviously having technical difficulties too. The comments I have seen from non-celine forums have been positive. They definately appreciate her new style and understated performance. I just think it's a shame, she didn't relax a little bit more. She didn't seem to get much enjoyment out of this. I don't know whether anyone else agrees? Love Lisaxxx This performance reminds me the Grammy performance. She was so worried about the audio and all the difficulties that didn't enjoyed the song. That's normal, she wanted to sound good and probably thought she hadn't all the technical means to do so and that didn't help at all. Overall I believe it was a good performance. She did good. She's back and it will only get better from now on. Quote http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/zorasourit/2.jpgAntwerp ~ Paris ~ Dublin ~ Amsterdam ~ Berlim ~ Milan ~ ArrasSome people need no slogans or presentations. And that was a wrap, folks!
I Surrender Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:19 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:19 PM She's a pro and she showed that tonight. Quote http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Celine%20Dion/MyLove-1.jpg http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Anastacia%20div/defeated.png http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Celine%20Dion/MyLove1-kopie-1.jpgGoodbye's Are Not Forever, Goodbye's Are Not The End, They Simply Mean I'll Miss You, Till We Meet Again -xxx-[/b]If You Don't Stand For Something, You'll Fall For Anything !!~ Make A Difference, Think Pink ~ --> Click For Free Mammograms <--
incognito Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:19 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:19 PM Overall I believe it was a good performance. She did good. She's back and it will only get better from now on. Yes. Plus, a week from today she will be on the same channel with the Divas thing. She has plenty of more chances to impress. But I believe the average viewer will have been wow'd by her performance tonight. It was a total different class of performance to what we're used to seeing in the UK. Quote
Jessyka Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:20 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:20 PM Yes, it was a good performance. Not her best. I have never seen her this vulnerable with her voice before. But we love her, the audience loved her and she's still the best singer in the whole world. Quote http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/backup674/Banners/Image1.jpg
Salla Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:20 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:20 PM Aw, okay, some bits weren't that good. But I think she did okay it being the first time singing it live. The pressure and nerves had definetly an effect on her voice and performance in general, but she was still good. AND I'm gonna keep repeating this overrr and overrr: She looked effin' FANTASTIC! Quote
JP Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:22 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:22 PM Ohhh actually i'm sad Her vocals were not pretty good, i was expecting more.. We'll see in the next programs! Quote http://static-illicoweb.videotron.com/illicoweb/static/webtv/images/content/player/TVA_Celine_Dion_Sans_Attendre_Vf_WT_Poster.jpg
tativale Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:23 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:23 PM (edited) I find it difficult to be too critical, this would have been a big deal for Celine, you could tell she was a little aprehensive. For one of her first performances of this song to be to one of the most hostile countries (well the press are anyway) it would have been quite daunting. She was obviously having technical difficulties too. The comments I have seen from non-celine forums have been positive. They definately appreciate her new style and understated performance. I just think it's a shame, she didn't relax a little bit more. She didn't seem to get much enjoyment out of this. I don't know whether anyone else agrees? Love Lisaxxx This performance reminds me the Grammy performance. She was so worried about the audio and all the difficulties that didn't enjoyed the song. That's normal, she wanted to sound good and probably thought she hadn't all the technical means to do so and that didn't help at all. Overall I believe it was a good performance. She did good. She's back and it will only get better from now on.100% agree with you Ale!!! She was GREAT and I'll slap on the face of the first one who says she wasn't!!!! LOL C'mon, she was having technical problems, it's very obvious... just watch the video and we can barely hear the music, she's singing acapella. And beside all those technical problems we can't forget she has a 9h of jet lag so for her body it was still early in the morning. And also she was very nervous. Edited October 27, 2007 at 10:37 PM by tativale Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/tativale/lildoll.gif"Sometimes we talk with our eyes and it says more than 10,000 words" moiIt's always possible to change! Vive le Québec"On ne grandit pas, on pousse un peu, tout juste, les temps d'un rêve, d'un songe,Et les toucher du doigt, Mais on n'oublie pas, L'enfant qui reste, presque nu, lesinstants d'innocence, Quand on savait pas... On ne change pas..."
CelineTheBest5 Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:24 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:24 PM Sure there was these technical problemas but Celine knows how to do with it, I think her voice was very good, she was so graceous and nice singing this song, of course we want more, thats why we are Celine fans, we want all the best all the time, we are fans of THE BEST SINGER but Celine is not a machine, maybe she is not in 100% of her voice today and these technical problems didnt help in nothing, but I think it was a good performance, I love the way she sang it, she has experience doing that, and its always very good watching her singing! Quote https://www.facebook...linedionbrazil/
nickah79 Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:25 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:25 PM (edited) I'm disappointed. What happened here? What kind of technical problems were there? She didn't hit the notes at the end. In fact, the song was a bit off throughout. She went into falsetto on the last "what do you ___saaaaaaaay___ to jumpin' off the edge" instead of hitting the high note. Was it because of the technical problems? I mean, I could hardly hear the band. Sounded like MTV Unplugged. The acoustic version ... whatever you want to call it. She needs to hit those notes. I understand when there are technical problems, but I also understand when she cheats on songs sometimes. Watching it a second time it was easier to digest. I realize it was her first time performing this song, but she's Celine Dion. On another note, I don't think the outfit was appropriate for the song. She shouldn't have went with a dress. And maybe she should've moved around some. Though with constant tech. problems I'm sure she had to stand still. Epecially with those shooting flames. Edited October 27, 2007 at 10:28 PM by nickah79 Quote
ZoraSourit Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:25 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:25 PM Overall I believe it was a good performance. She did good. She's back and it will only get better from now on. Yes. Plus, a week from today she will be on the same channel with the Divas thing. She has plenty of more chances to impress. But I believe the average viewer will have been wow'd by her performance tonight. It was a total different class of performance to what we're used to seeing in the UK. Exactly. People should remember she's not a machine. She can have a bad day. Also, she's in jetleg (+/- 10 hours). And even so she did better than most girls out there. Those of you bashing, get a grip lol She'll kick some serious *ss next week! Quote http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/zorasourit/2.jpgAntwerp ~ Paris ~ Dublin ~ Amsterdam ~ Berlim ~ Milan ~ ArrasSome people need no slogans or presentations. And that was a wrap, folks!
dj4celine Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:25 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:25 PM (edited) Here we go.... *rolling eyes* May all the bashing begin... Let the haters move forward... With fans like you lot who needs enemies? I agree. But now some are gonna tell that its just their humble opinions only Edited October 27, 2007 at 10:26 PM by dj4celine Quote
Céline's Blues Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:26 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:26 PM Ohhh actually i'm sad Her vocals were not pretty good, i was expecting more.. We'll see in the next programs!Yes, we'll see in the next orgasms! Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
PrincesseJen Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:27 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:27 PM Like Celine said...."Everyday you have a new voice." Today's voice was just a little different then usual. Quote http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z30/Sarahj21230/Celine%20and%20Josh/pinkroseCeline-1.jpg
DianaLuts Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:28 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:28 PM (edited) Ouch! There were some bad notes. Maybe it sounded better in the actual studio rather than on TV. Edited October 27, 2007 at 10:30 PM by DianaLuts Quote
nico robin Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:28 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:28 PM She sang it almost acapella, you almost can't hear the instrumental. And she had technical problems obviously but even so it was a good performance. She let herself go in the second half and it sounded great! I'm in love with it.yes i could barely hear the intruments...it wasn't her best performance..but i like it...and yes after the second half wa sbetter, those high notes...i like it...i cant wait to see it in HQ is it me or the song was kind of slow the way she was singing? I don't think she got the notes in the chorus either "...what do you SAY to taking chances, what do you SAY to jumping off the edge..." They just weren't strong enough. Her lower notes were pretty much out of key as well. The part where she goes "...somewhere underneath your SKIN..." was just painful, and then right after that the first "...what do you SAY to taking chances..." was equally as cracked and bloody. i noticed that too..but i like it anyway it wasn't that bad or awful...like some here have said ..she didn't seem that was enjoying the sogn at least at the begining but i think that after that she kind of relaxed a but and it was better and guys she had technical problems!!!!! give her a break! but she did it great she's the best and that dress omg her legs Quote http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WTOLnq_3hiM/T-YMZXaW9JI/AAAAAAAACR4/bCmTbbqNEhY/s400/Celine+Dion+-+Signature+Commercial+Behind+The+Scenes+(23612)+%5BHD%5D.mp4_snapshot_00.20_%5B2012.06.22_00.44.23%5D.jpgI dOn'T sUfFer FrOm InSaNiTy...I eNjOy EvErY MiNuTe Of iT... Visit www.celinerific.com Erika's Desings...Rivieravibe
Thomas Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:29 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:29 PM Like Celine said...."Everyday you have a new voice." Today's voice was just a little different then usual. End of conversation. Close the topic and give this girl a prize. Quote
dj4celine Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:30 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:30 PM Agree, Thomas But what's gonna be the prize?? Quote
PrincesseJen Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:31 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:31 PM Like Celine said...."Everyday you have a new voice." Today's voice was just a little different then usual. End of conversation. Close the topic and give this girl a prize. What'd I win??!! Quote http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z30/Sarahj21230/Celine%20and%20Josh/pinkroseCeline-1.jpg
incognito Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:32 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:32 PM (edited) What'd I win??!! Immunity from a biznitch-slapping from me. Mean things spoken about Celine makes the baby Jesus cry. Edited October 27, 2007 at 10:33 PM by incognito Quote
pepillo90 Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:33 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:33 PM Like Celine said...."Everyday you have a new voice." Today's voice was just a little different then usual. End of conversation. Close the topic and give this girl a prize. I hope you're right I have to say, that the part of the bridge was good and also the end... But the first part.. painful! Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/pepillo90/swingit.jpg ► My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/arts_yard/
Céline's Blues Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:33 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:33 PM Like Celine said...."Everyday you have a new voice." Today's voice was just a little different then usual. End of conversation. Close the topic and give this girl a prize. What'd I win??!! 3 years old photo shoot on a beach! Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
ZoraSourit Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:33 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:33 PM Like Celine said...."Everyday you have a new voice." Today's voice was just a little different then usual. End of conversation. Close the topic and give this girl a prize. What'd I win??!! Tommy will give you a kiss! Lt's rock this place people! Let's give Céline a big applause! Quote http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/zorasourit/2.jpgAntwerp ~ Paris ~ Dublin ~ Amsterdam ~ Berlim ~ Milan ~ ArrasSome people need no slogans or presentations. And that was a wrap, folks!
leenylover Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:35 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 10:35 PM Wow! you guys are harsh! If I was there, and Celine was coming to me asking for my feelings of her performance after that, I would try to be a little bit more encouraging. Celine is above all else a woman, a woman with strong emotions at that. That's why we love her and why she does what she does so well: performing. She had a not-so-good night, it wasn't entirely rubbish, just not-so-good. She still looked beautiful, her song is gorgeous and I'm sure will be well received as a fresh new sound for her. And she coped well with a performance that was a little tense and full of technical problems. Sorry, but she is still my star! And if I was there I would have told her so! She's fab and I'm sure, once she relaxesinto this and has the working technology behind her, she will knock the socks off all her doubters! Love Lisaxxx Quote My List of Celine Dion stuff, PM me to trade!
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.