boyblackuk Posted October 27, 2007 at 08:40 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 08:40 PM Dermot introduced her as "The Biggest Selling Female Artist of All Time......BAR NONE" excellent, they are starting to get it rightDid you notice how in the introduction (before she sang) they said she's sold 185 million but just now, before the interview on ITV2, they said she's sold over 200 million?Yes that was on the screen while introducing her. Then she was personally introduced as selling 200 million albums. At least more than 8 million people in the UK know she is a bigger seller than the rest Quote
neilg Posted October 27, 2007 at 08:41 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 08:41 PM Dermot introduced her as "The Biggest Selling Female Artist of All Time......BAR NONE" excellent, they are starting to get it rightDid you notice how in the introduction (before she sang) they said she's sold 185 million but just now, before the interview on ITV2, they said she's sold over 200 million? Nuh, I didn't notice that actually! But, it does keep going up and up and up - I remember when Céline won the music award at the WMAs, it said she had sold over 140million albums worldwide.... I just can't remember how many awards it said she had won - I have been partying a bit tonight Quote
Céline's Blues Posted October 27, 2007 at 08:42 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 08:42 PM Yesssssssss I loved the hype: I wouldn't have thought they'd introduce her as THE biggest ever ever female. she has so deserved it. She performed the song, the news will be out, the song will sell as wilsl her album. IT's the best promotion possible. Ppl will be floored to have her back in the UK. That's what we get from it and yes the performance was very different for her and presented her in a new light musically. I bet nobody even paid attention to her light vocal glitches here and there - they listened to the song which sounded so COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL and HIP that show! Fitted perfectly and deserves to be a hit all over the UK and the rest of the europe. Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
boyblackuk Posted October 27, 2007 at 08:42 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 08:42 PM Her voice was definitely very full of texture but those who expected a flawless performance willbe bitterly disappointed. It's not a Céline we will see the next couple of days and in the course of the next tournee. She was nervous and the technical problems got her... but to say just cu.zz her performance was different her song or album will flop is ridiculous to say at least. Céline after the break!!!!!!!!!!!!! Interview on itv2! Where did you see it? Its a 3 part after show and she was introduced during it, she was great, said how Rene=Charles was taking photos of double decker buses and taxis and all sorts yes i know, but he isn't from UK, so he can't watch it I am very confused "Where did you see it" was a question which I answered. Are you asking how someone seen it when they are not from the uk? Quote
Xpresso Posted October 27, 2007 at 08:43 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 08:43 PM That was a nice interview, again Celine had to be cut short, but what she was saying was articulate and sensible. I don't feel that she is very relaxed, I hope she isn't too aware of the stigma that some of the media put on her in the UK. That would make being here very uncomfortable. She should relax, she has been invitied to one of the most popular shows in the UK, that shows that she is definately appreciated by top people who know that she has a huge fan base here. It's so good to see her on mt telly though! Love LisaxxxI think she is aware of what the UK media says about her, and that would explain why she is so nervous... Quote
fred Posted October 27, 2007 at 08:45 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 08:45 PM Ok, sorry if this have been asked and I can bet it has but after page after page with "woow she's so good, looks so good etc clap clap" it is quite improssible to navigate, so: where can I watch this, and is a video coming? Quote Peace and love to all.
Andrei Dion Posted October 27, 2007 at 08:45 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 08:45 PM Yesssssssss I loved the hype: I wouldn't have thought they'd introduce her as THE biggest ever ever female. she has so deserved it. She performed the song, the news will be out, the song will sell as wilsl her album. IT's the best promotion possible. Ppl will be floored to have her back in the UK. That's what we get from it and yes the performance was very different for her and presented her in a new light musically. I bet nobody even paid attention to her light vocal glitches here and there - they listened to the song which sounded so COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL and HIP that show! Fitted perfectly and deserves to be a hit all over the UK and the rest of the europe. WOW! Quote AMO CÉLINE CADA VEZ MAIS!!!
Céline's Blues Posted October 27, 2007 at 08:45 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 08:45 PM I am very confused "Where did you see it" was a question which I answered. Are you asking how someone seen it when they are not from the uk?In Mozambique we got our Shamans - how do you think we connect to the Internet? Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
WendyB Posted October 27, 2007 at 08:47 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 08:47 PM Ok, sorry if this have been asked and I can bet it has but after page after page with "woow she's so good, looks so good etc clap clap" it is quite improssible to navigate, so: where can I watch this, and is a video coming? Thomas is working on this - be patient Quote
I Surrender Posted October 27, 2007 at 08:47 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 08:47 PM She shut them down now Quote http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Celine%20Dion/MyLove-1.jpg http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Anastacia%20div/defeated.png http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Celine%20Dion/MyLove1-kopie-1.jpgGoodbye's Are Not Forever, Goodbye's Are Not The End, They Simply Mean I'll Miss You, Till We Meet Again -xxx-[/b]If You Don't Stand For Something, You'll Fall For Anything !!~ Make A Difference, Think Pink ~ --> Click For Free Mammograms <--
Teodora Posted October 27, 2007 at 08:47 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 08:47 PM Thanks so much for the caps Thomas! Look at those legs!!! I love the dress, she look amazing. Can't wait to see the video. She should've been my math teacher, I would have known more than a 10 year old now Quote
zeesh100 Posted October 27, 2007 at 08:49 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 08:49 PM I saw the show live on ITV, and to be honest with you, I expected a bit better of celine, given that the show was hyping her up so much. Celine did sound a bit off on some of the higher notes, and it seemed that the music in the background was not loud enough. Last week, Leona gave an awesome rendition of her song Bleeding Love, and don't get me wrong, Celine is my favourite artist in the whole world, but everyone will think that Leona is better than Celine, since they appeared on back to back shows of X-factor. I just hope she sound a better at the BAFTA's, and the divas show. Quote
neilg Posted October 27, 2007 at 08:51 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 08:51 PM That was a nice interview, again Celine had to be cut short, but what she was saying was articulate and sensible. I don't feel that she is very relaxed, I hope she isn't too aware of the stigma that some of the media put on her in the UK. That would make being here very uncomfortable. She should relax, she has been invitied to one of the most popular shows in the UK, that shows that she is definately appreciated by top people who know that she has a huge fan base here. It's so good to see her on mt telly though! Love LisaxxxI think she is aware of what the UK media says about her, and that would explain why she is so nervous... I would feel so embarrassed, being British, if she knew what the press in this country say about her. Though to have someone like Simon Cowell give her a standing ovation must make the UK population remember how amazing she is. I bought the Daily Mail today, and read the interview which showed her in a good light, but I also saw on this forum of The Sun's entertainment section warning people of Céline's upcoming concert dates. I hate the media sometimes. Quote
pepillo90 Posted October 27, 2007 at 08:55 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 08:55 PM Her voice was definitely very full of texture but those who expected a flawless performance willbe bitterly disappointed. It's not a Céline we will see the next couple of days and in the course of the next tournee. She was nervous and the technical problems got her... but to say just cu.zz her performance was different her song or album will flop is ridiculous to say at least. Céline after the break!!!!!!!!!!!!! Interview on itv2! Where did you see it? Its a 3 part after show and she was introduced during it, she was great, said how Rene=Charles was taking photos of double decker buses and taxis and all sorts yes i know, but he isn't from UK, so he can't watch it I am very confused "Where did you see it" was a question which I answered. Are you asking how someone seen it when they are not from the uk? Sorry, it was a lapsus... I mean, how do you see it... Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/pepillo90/swingit.jpg ► My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/arts_yard/
Céline's Blues Posted October 27, 2007 at 08:56 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 08:56 PM Last week, Leona gave an awesome rendition of her song Bleeding Love, and don't get me wrong, Celine is my favourite artist in the whole world, but everyone will think that Leona is better than Celine, since they appeared on back to back shows of X-factor. I just hope she sound a better at the BAFTA's, and the divas show. There is NO comparison to Leona at this point! Leona fans will think she is better and they have every right to think so - especially considering Leona is a very promising young artist with great new songs. Does Céline have to prove them wrong? Floor them all over again and again? Not in this life, baby, not in this life. Look at this forum even. Many of her hard core fans here begin to dislike her chzz they don't see the Céline THEY want to see anymore. That Céline is gone, long gone and they simply can't appreciate the moment she's out there promoting one of her finest songs. It would be wrong to expect Céline to be perfect all the time - it was her first UK live performance since ages and she didrextremely well and did her thing on stage. We have to appreciate what's given and not complain about things that are not important in the long run. Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
zeesh100 Posted October 27, 2007 at 08:56 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 08:56 PM The media in the UK can be very cruel. But music has shifted so much in the UK, that Celine has become sort of uncool. Music in today's society seems to be about people taking their clothes off, and dirty, meaningless lyrics generally. Unfortunately, the voice doesn't matter anymore, its all about image and that really sucks. Quote
boyblackuk Posted October 27, 2007 at 08:56 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 08:56 PM I am very confused "Where did you see it" was a question which I answered. Are you asking how someone seen it when they are not from the uk?In Mozambique we got our Shamans - how do you think we connect to the Internet? OMG, Someone said what they thought a about the show and said she is on after th break....then someone asked... ...Where did you see it?.....and I answered where they had seen it What is the confusion here???? Quote
Andrei Dion Posted October 27, 2007 at 08:59 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 08:59 PM Man..I'm dying for HD videos of this show! Is that ask too much if all the videos are in HD 720p resolution? I'm sorry hahaha Quote AMO CÉLINE CADA VEZ MAIS!!!
boyblackuk Posted October 27, 2007 at 09:00 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 09:00 PM Her voice was definitely very full of texture but those who expected a flawless performance willbe bitterly disappointed. It's not a Céline we will see the next couple of days and in the course of the next tournee. She was nervous and the technical problems got her... but to say just cu.zz her performance was different her song or album will flop is ridiculous to say at least. Céline after the break!!!!!!!!!!!!! Interview on itv2! Where did you see it? Its a 3 part after show and she was introduced during it, she was great, said how Rene=Charles was taking photos of double decker buses and taxis and all sorts yes i know, but he isn't from UK, so he can't watch it I am very confused "Where did you see it" was a question which I answered. Are you asking how someone seen it when they are not from the uk? Sorry, it was a lapsus... I mean, how do you see it... We see it on ITV2 which is ITVs sister channel, its a channel that plays repeats or old shows and this has an aftershow programme which is called Xtra Factor Quote
zeesh100 Posted October 27, 2007 at 09:03 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 09:03 PM Last week, Leona gave an awesome rendition of her song Bleeding Love, and don't get me wrong, Celine is my favourite artist in the whole world, but everyone will think that Leona is better than Celine, since they appeared on back to back shows of X-factor. I just hope she sound a better at the BAFTA's, and the divas show. There is NO comparison to Leona at this point! Leona fans will think she is better and they have every right to think so - especially considering Leona is a very promising young artist with great new songs. Does Céline have to prove them wrong? Floor them all over again and again? Not in this life, baby, not in this life. Look at this forum even. Many of her hard core fans here begin to dislike her chzz they don't see the Céline THEY want to see anymore. That Céline is gone, long gone and they simply can't appreciate the moment she's out there promoting one of her finest songs. It would be wrong to expect Céline to be perfect all the time - it was her first UK live performance since ages and she didrextremely well and did her thing on stage. We have to appreciate what's given and not complain about things that are not important in the long run. When people think of Celine, they always think, shes that lady with the big voice, who hits those really long, high and strong notes. People tend to think of Celine as the artist with the perfect voice, the artist who has done it all. Your right, Celine does not have to prove them wrong, but I personally, and a guess a lot of other fans would have had some high expectations of Celine after watching those recent Taking chances recording sessions. She was vocally on fire in the studio, and I just hoped that she she would comepletely nail the X-Factor performance. Its just that the media are gonna think that Celine is past it, and I don't want that to happen. I still love and respect Celine, and for me she will always be the best singer, but there are gonna be a lot of critics who are going to have a field day, and bring Celine down, and Leona up. Quote
becks151207 Posted October 27, 2007 at 09:04 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 09:04 PM YESSSSSSSSSS!!! fantastic celine said she was going to be here in the UK may 2nd and coming to the o2 dome get those tickets on sale people!!! the UK is waiting well done celine!! Quote
zeesh100 Posted October 27, 2007 at 09:08 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 09:08 PM I gotta say that I loved the way Celine handled herself when being interviews, and she really can talk, talk, talk. It was nice that she mentioned little RC taking photos, and seeing double decker buses and those black cabs. I hope the rest of their stay in the UK is pleasant. Quote
leenylover Posted October 27, 2007 at 09:09 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 09:09 PM When people think of Celine, they always think, shes that lady with the big voice, who hits those really long, high and strong notes. People tend to think of Celine as the artist with the perfect voice, the artist who has done it all. Your right, Celine does not have to prove them wrong, but I personally, and a guess a lot of other fans would have had some high expectations of Celine after watching those recent Taking chances recording sessions. She was vocally on fire in the studio, and I just hoped that she she would comepletely nail the X-Factor performance. Its just that the media are gonna think that Celine is past it, and I don't want that to happen. I still love and respect Celine, and for me she will always be the best singer, but there are gonna be a lot of critics who are going to have a field day, and bring Celine down, and Leona up. I seriously don't think people will think badly of this performance, it was absolutely obvious that Celine was not getting the sound correctly, but that's the danager of a live show, things go wrong. Aside from the technical glitches, Celine looked and sounded lovely! Her voice was good and clear, and the high crescendo was perfect. I'm sure that there will be a lot of people pleasantly surprised by her fresh new sound! If not by her beautiful new look! Love Lisaxxx Quote My List of Celine Dion stuff, PM me to trade!
Teodora Posted October 27, 2007 at 09:11 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 09:11 PM It was nice that she mentioned little RC taking photos, and seeing double decker buses and those black cabs. I hope the rest of their stay in the UK is pleasant.Ahhh, that's so cute! Quote
zeesh100 Posted October 27, 2007 at 09:13 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 09:13 PM When people think of Celine, they always think, shes that lady with the big voice, who hits those really long, high and strong notes. People tend to think of Celine as the artist with the perfect voice, the artist who has done it all. Your right, Celine does not have to prove them wrong, but I personally, and a guess a lot of other fans would have had some high expectations of Celine after watching those recent Taking chances recording sessions. She was vocally on fire in the studio, and I just hoped that she she would comepletely nail the X-Factor performance. Its just that the media are gonna think that Celine is past it, and I don't want that to happen. I still love and respect Celine, and for me she will always be the best singer, but there are gonna be a lot of critics who are going to have a field day, and bring Celine down, and Leona up. I seriously don't think people will think badly of this performance, it was absolutely obvious that Celine was not getting the sound correctly, but that's the danager of a live show, things go wrong. Aside from the technical glitches, Celine looked and sounded lovely! Her voice was good and clear, and the high crescendo was perfect. I'm sure that there will be a lot of people pleasantly surprised by her fresh new sound! If not by her beautiful new look! Love Lisaxxx Your right, Celine did look pretty amazing tonight. Unline like that girl band Hope, who came out in their underwear. Honestly, that band should be ashamed of themselves wearing hardly anything on a show which has millions of viewers, with the vast majority of them being young kids. Yes it is a live show, and I think that there perhaps may have been a few technical glitches with the sound, but Celine is a pro, and I am sure that next time, she will nail it 100 percent. Quote
nic Posted October 27, 2007 at 09:13 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 09:13 PM (edited) I don't think it was the best Celine performance ever but it's just so great to actually see her on TV here again that i don't care. I really think she came across super well in her interviews with Dermott and Fearne too. Did anyone catch the part where she said she liked everyone ...almost!? I wonder if there's a story behind that one. Edited October 27, 2007 at 09:15 PM by nic Quote
Fanny! Posted October 27, 2007 at 09:14 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 09:14 PM Yeah the "almost" part was pretty funny and weird at the same time! Quote LasVegas2011 by The Red Heads Official Program now available! http://i29.tinypic.com/311km1d.jpg THE RED HEADS
CelineRox Posted October 27, 2007 at 09:17 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 09:17 PM Yeah well I bet the 'almost' part was refering to 'Same difference' - that brother & sister act. Thay are awfull and so CRINGE! Quote http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm31/celinedion82/Emilylove-signature-1.jpg
zeesh100 Posted October 27, 2007 at 09:18 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 09:18 PM Yeah the "almost" part was pretty funny and weird at the same time! I wonder who she was talking about ... probably that girl band hope, who wore hardly anything. I liked the way she defended little Leon who is in the young artist category, and also defended opera. She was right to say that Rhydian has guts to do opera on a pop show, and she really gave him a lot of respect for taking such a huge risk. Quote
mirage Posted October 27, 2007 at 09:19 PM Posted October 27, 2007 at 09:19 PM While the final votes are counted, masterclass tutor (and all-round world-class diva) Celine Dion stepped onto the stage to deliver a premiere performance of her new world-wide single, Taking Chances. It’s the first time she’s been on a UK stage for five years. After her performance, Celine told Dermot, “It was an amazing thrill for me to be back in the UK. It was an honour to meet all of the contestants. I’m glad I’m not a judge because I wouldn’t like to choose between them. “Leon was great, I like his style, you just want to hug him. Rhydian, it’s an extraordinay talent, Beverely, Niki – she’s a gutsy girl”. Dermot looked like he thought Celine was going to name every competitor in the competition…”boy she can sing and boy can she talk”, he giggled! from the xfactor site!! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.