MICHAELBACK Posted October 28, 2007 at 02:55 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 02:55 PM You guys are the hardcore fans and will obviously expect better. I thought the performance was good. The song wasn't one of the ones youd expect her to belt out really. Quote
Javier_Natalio Posted October 28, 2007 at 03:08 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 03:08 PM (edited) Hum ok, technical dificulties... I'm still dissapointed she just stood there looking pretty, I want her as a rock chick, and she's making a come-back doing the exact same thing she's always done, getting my hopes up with rockier material and then celinedion-izing them...Her voice reminded me of Le Blues Du Businessman 2005, shaky shaky...I still love her, that goes without saying, but all this week I've obsessed about the recording sessions vids and she was just amazing then, and now watching her hold back like this was just, yes, once again, dissapointing.I guess since it was her first live rendition of this song, and on such a popular show, she must have been nervous, so I'm keeping my hopes up she'll grow into the song in the future and bring out the rock chick we all know there is in her. PS. I just re-watched it, and I know there IS hope. Edited October 28, 2007 at 03:11 PM by wacko.javo Quote
Davey84 Posted October 28, 2007 at 03:37 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 03:37 PM I've just watched it, and it wasn't that bad! you could see her strugle with the technic!!! What a blamage to have a problem like that in a tv show where it all depents on vocals! I also think Céline was very nervous! hahahaha, next time 'oney, it's allright to move... you do it with RDMH! hahaha it's too bad she could only sing one song, cos she's being judged on just one performance! Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
VintageCeline Posted October 28, 2007 at 03:47 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 03:47 PM (edited) Woooo I just watching it on ITV again, they have just repeated it, aww I love her so much! She carried on and still looked amazing even thougth she clearly had trouble with her sound thing. Celine all the way!! x Edited October 28, 2007 at 03:47 PM by VintageCeline Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/94198518f8a09aef1d336d6fde8fc8b3/tumblr_mkdcezs36X1r7lwiso1_400.jpg
WendyB Posted October 28, 2007 at 04:00 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 04:00 PM Woooo I just watching it on ITV again, they have just repeated it, aww I love her so much! She carried on and still looked amazing even thougth she clearly had trouble with her sound thing. Celine all the way!! xMe too The performance seems better and better (I know it's not really possible) every time I watch it. One of the things I love about Céline is the way she manages to lift her voice when she realises that a note (or notes) are a little off. The sign of a true professional and something that only experience can teach you - the X Factor contestants must surely have learnt a lot from her. Quote
Koolan Posted October 28, 2007 at 04:48 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 04:48 PM After watching it only once, I didn't think it was that bad as many of you have said. It's a pity she didn't get enough rest before her performance on this big show. I'm sure it'll get better the more she sings it. Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
nature boy Posted October 28, 2007 at 04:59 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 04:59 PM Loved Celine a lot. She looked fantastic. Seemed to give good advice and she did come across well. Sounded OK, the top notes seemed to be a problem though, she kept messing with her sound pack just after the first big not and before the others. Seemed like there was a problem. Other than that it wasn't as bad as some people here are saying but it wasn't as good as others are saying either. Her voice was sooooo clear and strong certain places of the song and I don't think everyone will notice the problems. We do tend to go alittle overboard with Celine on her don't we? Quote http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/3239/kylieima5lp9.jpg How do you describe a feeling??
incognito Posted October 28, 2007 at 05:19 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 05:19 PM (edited) Just as I thought... the average members of the public didn't notice she was a bit out and thought she was great. Everyone I know at work was on about X Factor today (they don't all know I like Celine) and they all commented on how "brilliant" Celine was and what a star she is. And when I dared to suggest she was a bit out of tune I got my head bitten off. But they all noticed how she kept fiddling with the pack behind her and probably couldn't hear herself. And they weren't old farts either... all under 30. Edited October 28, 2007 at 05:21 PM by incognito Quote
linah4 Posted October 28, 2007 at 05:26 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 05:26 PM (edited) aww Celine will always be Celine, and she blows me away with all of her performances. she was very "still" i guess with this one to me she looked quite nervous. but near the middle-end she started to move a little and spread her arms. i think she's just having a difficult time grasping onto this style of music and the performance that is expected to go with it. i know she ha dthose difficulties but i also think she handled it very well, but i thought nervousness had a part to play aswell . GO CELINE!! Edited October 28, 2007 at 05:30 PM by linah4 Quote http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/4452/cdcomp1od2.gif http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/8141/tcl4ur1.png
mebe Posted October 28, 2007 at 05:36 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 05:36 PM Well, I watched the performance again and I have to say that despite being on the jetlag and having some technical difficulties, Celine did a good job, she handled the situation very well and in a professional way, as usual. I can't wait to see her performing the song again! It's always a pleasure to watch and listen. Quote
Salla Posted October 28, 2007 at 05:36 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 05:36 PM Just as I thought... the average members of the public didn't notice she was a bit out and thought she was great. Everyone I know at work was on about X Factor today (they don't all know I like Celine) and they all commented on how "brilliant" Celine was and what a star she is. And when I dared to suggest she was a bit out of tune I got my head bitten off. But they all noticed how she kept fiddling with the pack behind her and probably couldn't hear herself. And they weren't old farts either... all under 30. That's great to hear! Quote
nickah79 Posted October 28, 2007 at 06:01 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 06:01 PM I don't think we tend to go a little overboard on here. Those of us who criticized her performance I think genuinely felt bad for doing so. At least I did. But we spoke the truth. The truth being how we personally felt about it. I think she was standing still, among other reasons, because there was so very much room between her and the audience. And then you had the flames bursting in the air every 10 seconds. I didn't get the feeling she was nervous. And I don't think she was dressed appropriately to "rock it out." The song, in my opinion, doesn't call for a dress, but something more along the lines of what we're seeing in the photos from the new album. Or even something like what she is wearing in the video. Did she have a proper rehearsal? She needed it. Maybe there was no time for one or they didn't offer her one. Not good. And if there was no rehearsal, I don't blame her for not moving around, especially since she had to fiddle with the sound pack now and then. She wasn't feeling secure. As far as belting it out.... She did great with the bridge. But even in the beginning, she had trouble with the "what do you SAY" light notes. The second chorus is high. The third chorus is high and has those belty notes (what do you SAY TO JUMPIN' OFF THE EDGE). It's not a soft, mellow song. I did have a feeling this might happen. I don't think she's having a difficult time grasping onto this style of music. Remember "Shook Me All Night Long" at the Divas concert way back when? She rocked that out and did fine with it, I thought. I could be completely wrong, but.... I think she's having a difficult time right now getting these notes to where they need to be. Really grasping the song and mastering it. It does seem like a difficult song to sing. But she recorded it and it's her song and she has to do it. And no cheating on the notes such as going into falsetto on a high note (I think she did that for safety because of the tech. problems or insecurity because of the problems with the other notes). She's Celine. She can do it. And ABSOLUTELY NO lip synching! Quote
Andrei Dion Posted October 28, 2007 at 06:15 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 06:15 PM Just as I thought... the average members of the public didn't notice she was a bit out and thought she was great. Everyone I know at work was on about X Factor today (they don't all know I like Celine) and they all commented on how "brilliant" Celine was and what a star she is. And when I dared to suggest she was a bit out of tune I got my head bitten off. But they all noticed how she kept fiddling with the pack behind her and probably couldn't hear herself. And they weren't old farts either... all under 30. Greta to know that Quote AMO CÉLINE CADA VEZ MAIS!!!
Elaine Posted October 28, 2007 at 06:23 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 06:23 PM I've just watched it and I found it amazing! She seemed a little nervous indeed and some notes could be higher, but I'm not disappointed at all! Can't stop thinking about how wonderful she is! Quote http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/1352/opo3.jpg
Alex_Incognito Posted October 28, 2007 at 06:28 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 06:28 PM Wow. it's obvious that the girl needs rest. That was very weak, I wonder if they didn't do a dress rehearsal performance. That would be a VERY HARD song to sing LIVE. She just needs rest. I am ready for AND to end so she can rest before her big tour. Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
OnlyCeline Posted October 28, 2007 at 06:31 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 06:31 PM She Did GOOD! It's really obvious she was tired and kindda sick... At least she sang LIVE! Quote http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/9860/ggxz9.jpg
linah4 Posted October 28, 2007 at 06:49 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 06:49 PM i think she was just bummed out about what happenned too. i read a comment on youtube saying that when she left there were pictures taken and she looked sick and llike she was going to cry she knew what happenned and maybe was scared of the feedback she would get from it. and i do agree that a dress isn't really the right clothing choice for that song... ide go with leather (yes so yesterday) but leather pants would just seam to match the song IMO. Don't get me wrong, i thought it was still an awesome performance she is great. Quote http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/4452/cdcomp1od2.gif http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/8141/tcl4ur1.png
rathnakumar Posted October 28, 2007 at 07:17 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 07:17 PM The video is still downloading... Just worried... Was she able to hit the "What do you say to jumpin' off the edge" note in the end?! Quote https://www.instagram.com/p/C8RuNzZPAdh/
Clio Posted October 28, 2007 at 07:25 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 07:25 PM The video is still downloading... Just worried... Was she able to hit the "What do you say to jumpin' off the edge" note in the end?! She made it! Quote http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/6184/houstannc9.jpg
LD1977 Posted October 28, 2007 at 07:26 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 07:26 PM Cant wait to hear her sing this song again. I am so curious if it will be different, maybe less shaky and stronger? It also sounded too low, I am not a specialist on these things, but it felt like she was singing it in another key. The low notes were soooooooooooo low that even a man would have problems to hit them. But overall, I have been watching it few times and it was not that bad. Still proud of her. Loved the high note at the end. Actually, she rocks! Ps. My mum was worried about her, she said: "Oooh, poor thing, and she has been so ill just a few weeks ago and now she has to sing after such a long trip and with a jetlag... I am sure she still feels weak because of her illness, she must take some rest now!" Don't we love our mums? Quote http://www.celinedion.com/celinedion/english/images/im_06.jpgRemember the name, because you will never forget the voice... CÉLINE DION!Anvers - May 13, 14 & 16Paris - May 24 & 25Amsterdam - June 2
LD1977 Posted October 28, 2007 at 07:27 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 07:27 PM The video is still downloading... Just worried... Was she able to hit the "What do you say to jumpin' off the edge" note in the end?! To my humble opinion that was the part where she finally nailed it down! Quote http://www.celinedion.com/celinedion/english/images/im_06.jpgRemember the name, because you will never forget the voice... CÉLINE DION!Anvers - May 13, 14 & 16Paris - May 24 & 25Amsterdam - June 2
rathnakumar Posted October 28, 2007 at 07:28 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 07:28 PM The video is still downloading... Just worried... Was she able to hit the "What do you say to jumpin' off the edge" note in the end?! She made it! Oh thank God! Thanks a lot! I was really worried! Quote https://www.instagram.com/p/C8RuNzZPAdh/
Love, Posted October 28, 2007 at 07:36 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 07:36 PM (edited) So... this is what I did. I put my headphones on and listened to the performance quite up close and personal... and I realized more and more that the more I watch and listen to it, the more I love it. Her voice was VERY pure. What we hear in our headphones and speakers is different from the live studio audio that the audience was able to experience. And when it comes to Celine being still on stage: I think she HAD to be still, because of the fireworks LOLI don't think she wanted to get burned! The whole audience in that studio was starstrucked.It was so nice that they even clapped along with the song, and were cheering for her throughout. Manchester and 02 will sell out, without a doubt. Edited October 28, 2007 at 07:37 PM by Love, Quote
Lisi_Dion Posted October 28, 2007 at 07:43 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 07:43 PM I just saw the perfomance twice and it wasn't really good and of course I expexted much more especially after seeing all this amazing studio recordings ...but who didn't.... but we all know she had her problems.....technical difficulties, illness, jetleck,......and when we keep this things in mind the performance wasn't that bad .....I will ever stand behind Celine and love her however her performances are.....She has already gave us so much, so I think we can forgive her one or another wrong note....I mean the best thing above all is that she sang LIVE ....I'm sure, next time she will do it better..... Quote _________________________________________Me, looking like Celine......hehe!!! http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/3471/celinedionscreencap12pc1.jpgBy Lisi140
incognito Posted October 28, 2007 at 07:52 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 07:52 PM I've just watched the rerun on ITV2. They so hyped her!!!! And... WAS NOT A BAD PERFORMANCE!!!! If the other two megadivas (Whitney and Mariah) could sound this good live they and their fans would be having multiple orgasms... and without the aid of Whitney's sex toys. Quote
dj4celine Posted October 28, 2007 at 07:56 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 07:56 PM (edited) Manchester and 02 will sell out, without a doubt. Soph, let's head out there I don't know about the rest, but I sure did like it and I think she'll get better as she sings this song LIVE more and more. Maybe the Saturday Night thing will be a better performance than this one... but I am just happy that the song got the exposure it needed Edited October 28, 2007 at 07:58 PM by dj4celine Quote
dj4celine Posted October 28, 2007 at 07:58 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 07:58 PM I've just watched the rerun on ITV2. They so hyped her!!!! And... WAS NOT A BAD PERFORMANCE!!!! If the other two megadivas (Whitney and Mariah) could sound this good live they and their fans would be having multiple orgasms... and without the aid of Whitney's sex toys. :mdr: That was a killer Quote
Love, Posted October 28, 2007 at 07:58 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 07:58 PM Manchester and 02 will sell out, without a doubt. Soph, let's head there LET's!!! P.S. Get on MSN! Quote
celine_026 Posted October 28, 2007 at 08:00 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 08:00 PM I do love the respect and love everyone is just showing here for her.I really was wondering everybody would tear her down... This kinda makes me proud to be her fan! Love you, Celine! Quote http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/1098/power01eq1.jpg
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.