stevo Posted October 28, 2007 at 08:01 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 08:01 PM Come to Manchester Soph and DJ4!!!I won't sing!! Quote
Love, Posted October 28, 2007 at 08:06 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 08:06 PM Come to Manchester Soph and DJ4!!!I won't sing!!Only if you come to Munich with me... Deal or no deal? Quote
stevo Posted October 28, 2007 at 08:12 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 08:12 PM Well I'll have to see how the £££ holds out but believe me, I'd go anywhere Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted October 28, 2007 at 08:13 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 08:13 PM Who wants to pay for me to go? I certainly don't have the $$$ (and the USD isn't worth any merde!) She'd better come to Chicago! Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
dj4celine Posted October 28, 2007 at 08:22 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 08:22 PM Talk about spending cash in a good way OK, I'm gonna ask my dad nicely to allow me to go to the UK...if he agrees, fine... but if he doesn't... Stevo, be ready to support me Quote
Love, Posted October 28, 2007 at 08:31 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 08:31 PM Well I'll have to see how the £££ holds out but believe me, I'd go anywhereHollatchaboy! There's a big possibility we'll have dinner together near Olympiastadium... Quote
iain162 Posted October 28, 2007 at 09:07 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 09:07 PM Thanks for all the work that you put into this post! Quote
stevo Posted October 28, 2007 at 09:13 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 09:13 PM I'd die Sopha!! and I'll support ya no probs DJ!! Quote
Thomas Posted October 28, 2007 at 09:27 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 09:27 PM actually all tv stations put the lyrics on telepromters for a backup beacause sometimes the singers forgot or confuse the lyrics so all tv stations use the telepromters to show lyricsMaybe in America or somewhere. I've never seen it done before over here. And they didn't last week for Leona! So I definitely think Celine or someone on her team asked for it to be done. Quote
dj4celine Posted October 28, 2007 at 09:32 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 09:32 PM I'd die Sopha!! and I'll support ya no probs DJ!! Aww... that's so sweet of you OK.. back to the thread... Is it just me or does anyone else feels that she did a good job that night??? I mean, I had some fears after watching it for the first time... but now like after watching it continuosly, I think she did a good job Quote
incognito Posted October 28, 2007 at 09:41 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 09:41 PM I'd die Sopha!! and I'll support ya no probs DJ!! Aww... that's so sweet of you OK.. back to the thread... Is it just me or does anyone else feels that she did a good job that night??? I mean, I had some fears after watching it for the first time... but now like after watching it continuosly, I think she did a good job I liked it. Quote
blueblazers90 Posted October 28, 2007 at 09:56 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 09:56 PM she looks great and almost 40 Quote
katie555 Posted October 28, 2007 at 10:32 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 10:32 PM I can't believe some of the things I've read in this thread!!!!!! For what it's worth, I think her performance was Bloody FANTASTIC!!!!!!! She also looked stunning.I thought it was so funny when Dermot was trying to shut her up and she kept on talking!!!!! I know, what was all about, not only she can sing but she can talk also?? Quote EVERY DAY WE HAVE IS ONE MORE THAN WE DESERVE
dj4celine Posted October 28, 2007 at 10:34 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 10:34 PM (edited) We all know her to be a talker Edited October 28, 2007 at 10:34 PM by dj4celine Quote
one_heart_1_hart Posted October 28, 2007 at 10:43 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 10:43 PM It gives those minor voice problems she had it makes her more human and iI love it!!!This was a greaaaaat performance and she looked wonderfulll Quote TAKING CHANCES WORLD TOUR8 mei O2 Londen, 13 14 16 mei sportpaleis Antwerpen, 24 mei Palais omnysport Bercy Parijs, 2 juni Arena Amsterdam, 7 juli Arras
rhapsodion Posted October 28, 2007 at 11:36 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 11:36 PM Just as I thought... the average members of the public didn't notice she was a bit out and thought she was great. Everyone I know at work was on about X Factor today (they don't all know I like Celine) and they all commented on how "brilliant" Celine was and what a star she is. And when I dared to suggest she was a bit out of tune I got my head bitten off. But they all noticed how she kept fiddling with the pack behind her and probably couldn't hear herself. And they weren't old farts either... all under 30. As some people have already said above, that's really great and "soothing" to know! Thanks for sharing with us! The video is still downloading... Just worried... Was she able to hit the "What do you say to jumpin' off the edge" note in the end?! To my humble opinion that was the part where she finally nailed it down! Yeah, I was surprised that she actually nailed that one as that was the highest "say" throughout the song, while she had difficulties hitting all the other "say". Hmm...suddenly the song title fits pretty well with her performance last night. Anyway, I am sure she will do a fabulous job next time when she performs this again on a live show. Quote
salsacolin Posted October 28, 2007 at 11:43 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 11:43 PM (edited) The way she sang "planet" on the first verse was AMAZING!! that was my Celine thats why I love how different she sounds live does anyone have an mp3 of this I want it on my ipod tomorrow? :D Edited October 28, 2007 at 11:45 PM by salsacolin Quote I never even knew the song the orchestra was playing........ Glasgow SECC, November 1996Edinburgh Murrayfield, July 1999Las Vegas, Collosuem November 2005An Audience With, ITV Studios November 2007Manchester MEN Arena - 2 May 2008London 02 Arena - 6 May 2008Birmingham NIA - 10 May 2008Nice, France - 5 July 2008
rathnakumar Posted October 28, 2007 at 11:48 PM Posted October 28, 2007 at 11:48 PM The way she sang "planet" on the first verse was AMAZING!! that was my Celine thats why I love how different she sounds live Infact, the PLANET sounded very British! Quote https://www.instagram.com/p/C8RuNzZPAdh/
Bellamy Posted October 29, 2007 at 12:44 AM Posted October 29, 2007 at 12:44 AM So... this is what I did. I put my headphones on and listened to the performance quite up close and personal... and I realized more and more that the more I watch and listen to it, the more I love it. Her voice was VERY pure. What we hear in our headphones and speakers is different from the live studio audio that the audience was able to experience.It's even easier to notice the hollowness of the bad audio quality by headphones as I stated before.http://www.celinedionforum.com/index.php?s...st&p=682828 Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
fab Posted October 29, 2007 at 12:55 AM Posted October 29, 2007 at 12:55 AM The way she sang "planet" on the first verse was AMAZING!! that was my Celine thats why I love how different she sounds live does anyone have an mp3 of this I want it on my ipod tomorrow? helloi have send you mpbye fab Quote http://www.pixenli.com/images/mini/1300306790033470900.pngFabricee-clinedion
Celine CRAZY Posted October 29, 2007 at 12:56 AM Posted October 29, 2007 at 12:56 AM thanks for the youtube links! and i'm not going to go into deep analysis about her performance...i did think she did ok and we all know she could've done better...n she also knew she didn't do well but i know there r very few performances that she's done ok or bad but i've noticed since she's been more "laid back" with her voice and her discipline..her performances have started to suffer (very few though) lyk this one and the one she did for the gala l'ADISQ and also in the AND version of when she sang "Can't Help Falling In Love" there was the slightest crack when she sang the run at the end. it just that i look at performances before she went on her break and i haven't yet come across a performance where she has messed up. but i still love her and understand she, and all performers, make mistakes. so don't completely bash on me it's just my opinion Quote http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23756838.jpg
linah4 Posted October 29, 2007 at 01:15 AM Posted October 29, 2007 at 01:15 AM lol i had to add in.... did you see her face when she was doing the one-on-one mentoring with the blonde guy with the tall hair (excuse me for calling him that i don't know his name) buut her face was like lol she looked so funny, that's great! i couldn't tell if she was thinking "are you serious?" or "unbelievable" lol sorry i got a laugh out of that expression. Quote http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/4452/cdcomp1od2.gif http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/8141/tcl4ur1.png
Bellamy Posted October 29, 2007 at 01:21 AM Posted October 29, 2007 at 01:21 AM 'Louis doesn't know you':Song choice is disastrous for Daniel DISHY Daniel de Bourg has spoken for the first time about the disastrous decision to sing Build Me Up Buttercup on X Factor and revealed: “I’m gutted.” VIDEO: Watch Daniel's exit interview Dance teacher Daniel, 31, mentored by Louis Walsh, was voted off the show last night and said that he was baffled about the song choice because he got on the show for singing “soulful stuff…not big, happy songs.” He said: “Maybe if I had been able to do what I wanted, it would have been a great show.“I think it reflects more on the song than it does me. “It feels strange at the moment. I did my best with the song that I was given. I wasn’t going to sing that song, I was going to do Prince’s When Doves Cry, but I tried to do it justice anyway. “The thing is with a show like X Factor, you have to do what they say.“Louis came up to me at the end of the first week and he was like, ‘we’re changing the song’. “I was like, ‘Buttercup? You sure about that, Louis?’ He said [putting on an Irish accent], ‘Trust me, trust me, it’s alright, everyone loves Buttercup. Just do it.’” The rugged star was voted into the bottom two with Sharon Osbourne protege Alisha Bennett. Now he says that he has been flooded with calls from record labels since leaving the show last night and is now looking for the golden ticket by securing a record deal, but admits that he is not bitter. He said: “I’m thinking that maybe they did me a big, big favour. “Louis’ a great guy, I don’t think I was set up at all like some people were saying. “He didn’t see it the same way everyone else did. “All the contestants were like, ‘what happened?’ Niki especially. She went up to them and said, ‘Do you realise what you have just let go?’" The 31-year-old said that superstar songstress Celine Dion, who helped mentor the last 11 for the week, was a real inspiration. And the budding star revealed that Simon Cowell came up to him after the show and said: ‘Louis doesn’t know you.’ He said: ““I was thinking, ‘wow, should I be saying thanks?’ “The best thing to come from the evening was Celine Dion. She came up to me and said: ‘You were my favourite.’” The Londoner, who has a three-year-old son Theron, is now chomping at the bit as he looks to make his next move He said: “Maybe I was the wrong kind of dude for the show. “I wanted to make a difference, I wanted to change things, but now I have responsibilities. “I have been seen by millions and millions of people around Europe and I’ve got a lot of people giving me love right now.” But just like barmaid Kimberly Southwick, who was the first to leave the live shows last week, the doting dad has backed 34-year-old Niki Evans to go on and win the show. He said: “All the way for me. “She’s wonderful, humble and so talented. I think she’ll do it.”http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/xfactor/28...niel_exit.shtml Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
mickle07 Posted October 29, 2007 at 02:31 AM Posted October 29, 2007 at 02:31 AM I'm glad to see her back and promoting this album! Quote
JCeline85 Posted October 29, 2007 at 03:02 AM Posted October 29, 2007 at 03:02 AM her performance was ok... not the best ever but definately a pure true live sound from her, which is awesome! I majored in music for 3 years and have a really good ear and she was a little off at times, but i know it's hard to sing live and the ear piece is definately important and sometimes things go wrong with stuff like that, but Celine is a champ, and she pulled it off.. just like she did when she performed dance with my father at an award show a couple years back.. who cares what anyone thinks, and i wont criticize her, it only goes to show she is human and that she can sing live and still sound better than ANYONE. Ok i'm done... go Celine Quote The Wait Is Over?
WendyB Posted October 29, 2007 at 09:52 AM Posted October 29, 2007 at 09:52 AM The way she sang "planet" on the first verse was AMAZING!! that was my Celine thats why I love how different she sounds live does anyone have an mp3 of this I want it on my ipod tomorrow? helloi have send you mpbye fab I'd love an mp3 of this too please Quote
dj4celine Posted October 29, 2007 at 10:37 AM Posted October 29, 2007 at 10:37 AM Oh God Daniel was one of my favs Quote
rodrigo_alka Posted October 29, 2007 at 02:40 PM Posted October 29, 2007 at 02:40 PM When she mentored the 5 girls... she shouted an awsome note... Quote http://www.sportsevents.net/events/images/celine_dion.jpg .......I want you to need me........
Hilda Posted October 29, 2007 at 04:45 PM Posted October 29, 2007 at 04:45 PM Infact, the PLANET sounded very British! yeh she sounded very british in the interviews as well haha weird. i think her accents improving a bit. all hher A's seem very well pronounced haha. i was worried at that performance though - "underneeth your skin' was like whoa - what happened there. but i hope it was all to do with the pack fiddling haha. she looked stunning! Quote
Hilda Posted October 29, 2007 at 04:48 PM Posted October 29, 2007 at 04:48 PM lol i had to add in.... did you see her face when she was doing the one-on-one mentoring with the blonde guy with the tall hair (excuse me for calling him that i don't know his name) buut her face was like mellow.gif jawdrop.gif lol she looked so funny, that's great! sofunny.gif i couldn't tell if she was thinking "are you serious?" or "unbelievable" HAAHHHAA!! Yeh i was wetting myself at that - shes brilliant - and thats exactly the kind of face id have pulled haha. hes a weird one. His names Rydian dunno if thats how u spell it but... Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.