Bellamy Posted October 30, 2007 at 05:48 AM Posted October 30, 2007 at 05:48 AM I like this comment on The Guardian site regarding Celine on X Factor: I think Celine Dion is barking- but in a good way.I loved the way Dermot "Thornton Mark II" O'Leary thought he was going to get a glib, one sentence response but instead prompted her to embark on a detailed checklist of each singer's pros and cons.And she still deserves a huge big-up for the way she went on Larry King in the days after Katrina and angrily berated the US government's response.She sings absolute dross of course- albeit with a technically outstanding voice. lmaoYou see. Everyone else think she still has the technically outstanding voice, except SCFs. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
Nikosn17 Posted October 30, 2007 at 08:04 AM Posted October 30, 2007 at 08:04 AM I expected a better performance, there were some place off pitch... still good Quote
Theresa_1985 Posted October 30, 2007 at 08:08 AM Posted October 30, 2007 at 08:08 AM Great Quote CELINE4EVER... She has the best voice ever.....
cmcdaori Posted October 30, 2007 at 10:36 AM Posted October 30, 2007 at 10:36 AM i don't think she did a horrible job.. she looked sorta not there.. not that into it.. like she was tired or not feeling good.. poor celine!!.. i didn't think it was horrible though.. i am sure if she was feeling up to par she would have done it awesome! I agree...sth inside her wasn't good...she was absolutely somewhere else...with no such emotion..her thoughts were somewhere else...definitely...poor her....ohh...god..i hope she is well....love her so much... Quote Thank u Jesus. Im in ur hands now.
celinestar Posted October 30, 2007 at 06:09 PM Posted October 30, 2007 at 06:09 PM (edited) wow it was so good to see Celine again back in the UK and on a programme like the x factor!! I thought she was amazing! and to make it even better i met her the next day in London. It was absolutely amazing!! She is a star. Edited October 30, 2007 at 06:10 PM by celinestar Quote Wembley Stadium - July 10th 199960th Birthday Party for BAFTA - October 28th 2007 (I met Celine on this day!!!!!)o2 Arena- May 6th 2008NIA Birmingham- May 10th 2008
Thomas Posted October 30, 2007 at 08:21 PM Posted October 30, 2007 at 08:21 PM Rex Features put up some pics of Celine performing Taking Chances on X Factor. Go HERE for more. Wish we could get hold of them bigger! Quote
Guest Reuben Posted October 30, 2007 at 08:29 PM Posted October 30, 2007 at 08:29 PM awful performance, she just stod still and went in and out of key. It is a fun song, she could have done so much better, and the dress looks like she put on an old potato sack.I hope she will be better for her world tour Quote
LVCeline Posted October 30, 2007 at 08:49 PM Posted October 30, 2007 at 08:49 PM Lol she tends to wear potato sack looking things occasionally and they're hideous! I loved the color of the dress, but it should have been a pant suit or something. Either way it just didn't look like her hear was in it. Same with her other appearances in England, maybe she didn't feel welcome or she was exhausted for some reason. Quote
Bellamy Posted October 31, 2007 at 12:38 AM Posted October 31, 2007 at 12:38 AM Rex Features put up some pics of Celine performing Taking Chances on X Factor. Go HERE for more. Wish we could get hold of them bigger!To be honest, I don't really want these pics in HQ. Definetely not her best photos. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
Jeffieboi Posted October 31, 2007 at 01:00 AM Posted October 31, 2007 at 01:00 AM I hate to say this but...that performance was TERRIBLE. The high notes were all sung in head voice, and I know she can belt it out. I guess she was just nervous, but I lurve how she said she would just name everyone if she had to choose a favorite. She realizes it's not right to say who the best is in a competition like that. Quote
slk9683 Posted October 31, 2007 at 01:22 AM Posted October 31, 2007 at 01:22 AM I can't wait until the album comes out! Quote
Hilda Posted October 31, 2007 at 01:28 AM Posted October 31, 2007 at 01:28 AM I hate to say this but...that performance was TERRIBLE. The high notes were all sung in head voice, and I know she can belt it out. I guess she was just nervous, but I lurve how she said she would just name everyone if she had to choose a favorite. She realizes it's not right to say who the best is in a competition like that. haha i agree - ive said enough about this performance but i will say i thought she looked stunning - i dont think it was a potatoe sack. She does tend to wear baggy floaty clothes which dont suit her coz she gets lost but this was so simple that i thought it worked, and her hair was lush! Quote
one heart Posted October 31, 2007 at 08:38 AM Posted October 31, 2007 at 08:38 AM thanks caps !!! love !!! Quote I LOVE CELINE DION FOREVERhttp://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t260/oneheart07/CELINE%20BANNER/39.jpg
xCelinexFanx Posted October 31, 2007 at 10:45 AM Posted October 31, 2007 at 10:45 AM (edited) i think she did a great job, i think i only heard her go out of key once :S but you never know lol it could of been nurves?? or not.. she might of been ill.. who knows Edited October 31, 2007 at 10:46 AM by xCelinexFanx Quote
**Josh** Posted October 31, 2007 at 04:51 PM Posted October 31, 2007 at 04:51 PM BAD BAD BAD AND BAD AGAIN Quote http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/9283/real1889dalmatienschiot.jpg
Nando Férri Posted October 31, 2007 at 05:26 PM Posted October 31, 2007 at 05:26 PM I think she did a good work. It was better than I was hoping it could be. Quote http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ejungtQy1r9swpco6_250.gif
teresa3717 Posted November 7, 2007 at 07:14 PM Posted November 7, 2007 at 07:14 PM Love this show....thanks Quote
Thomas Posted December 1, 2007 at 07:50 PM Posted December 1, 2007 at 07:50 PM I added some HQ pics to the gallery of Celine on The X Factor: http://www.celinedionforum.com/gallery/thu...s.php?album=317 Quote
Ronny83 Posted December 13, 2007 at 07:22 PM Posted December 13, 2007 at 07:22 PM Canadian singer CELINE DION was furious when British TV presenter DERMOT O'LEARY interrupted her during a live broadcast of TV talent show THE X FACTOR.The pop star launched into an in depth appraisal of every act's performance on the show broadcast in October (07) seconds before they were due to go to an advert break. So producers shouted into O'Leary's hidden earpiece and ordered him to stop her.O'Leary tells Heat magazine, "That was amazing. The thing was, she really wouldn't stop, and I had producers in my ear telling me that if she carried on naming every single act on the show and telling us what she thought of them, we'd fall off the air before we got to the actual results."So I literally had to shut her up, and just had to say something. She has that very Quebecois stare! Her management weren't happy about it, so I was worried I was going to be bollocked. I said I'd apologise, but my bosses were like, 'No way. You were great with her!'"Source: http://www.pr-inside.com/dion-dumbfounded-...ter-r347307.htm Quote The Celine Dion Italian fanbase - CelineDionItalia.com
miracle_girl Posted December 14, 2007 at 02:12 AM Posted December 14, 2007 at 02:12 AM Canadian singer CELINE DION was furious when British TV presenter DERMOT O'LEARY interrupted her during a live broadcast of TV talent show THE X FACTOR.The pop star launched into an in depth appraisal of every act's performance on the show broadcast in October (07) seconds before they were due to go to an advert break. So producers shouted into O'Leary's hidden earpiece and ordered him to stop her.O'Leary tells Heat magazine, "That was amazing. The thing was, she really wouldn't stop, and I had producers in my ear telling me that if she carried on naming every single act on the show and telling us what she thought of them, we'd fall off the air before we got to the actual results."So I literally had to shut her up, and just had to say something. She has that very Quebecois stare! Her management weren't happy about it, so I was worried I was going to be bollocked. I said I'd apologise, but my bosses were like, 'No way. You were great with her!'"Source: http://www.pr-inside.com/dion-dumbfounded-...ter-r347307.htm I really would not believe every thing they write in british news papers and magazines like Heat!!They tend to make a big deal out of small things just to get people to buy them!! Quote http://file041b.bebo.com/11/large/2008/02/21/19/3639616524a6958591691l.jpgCeline - May 8th @ The 02! Cant Wait!! <3
Prince Whiskers Posted December 15, 2007 at 05:40 AM Posted December 15, 2007 at 05:40 AM They had the right to interrupt her, and Celine had every right to be offended. Quote http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
nature boy Posted December 16, 2007 at 04:16 PM Posted December 16, 2007 at 04:16 PM Total crap, it was a live broadcast these things have to be controlled and Celine would undersatnd that. Quote http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/3239/kylieima5lp9.jpg How do you describe a feeling??
celinefanireland Posted December 25, 2007 at 03:58 AM Posted December 25, 2007 at 03:58 AM Total crap, it was a live broadcast these things have to be controlled and Celine would undersatnd that. But was it a live broadcast? Weren't all the x-factor 'Live' performances actually recorded? Wasn't it a situation that immediately after the first show, part 1 of the second show was in fact recorded? Also anyone notice that Celine had the words for TC on autocue and on a line of monitors up at the back of the studio? (check the video on youtube) - guess she was singing it 'live' for the first time so that can be excused. Quote
Thomas Posted December 25, 2007 at 05:18 PM Posted December 25, 2007 at 05:18 PM But was it a live broadcast? Weren't all the x-factor 'Live' performances actually recorded? Wasn't it a situation that immediately after the first show, part 1 of the second show was in fact recorded?No, that was the situation with Strictly Come Dacing as reported in the news. The results show that went out on Sunday night was actually filmed on Saturday immediately after the live show, but The X Factor results show was live on Saturday night one hour after the first show. Quote
artist Posted May 29, 2009 at 01:34 PM Posted May 29, 2009 at 01:34 PM OK, we are sure it was live but... i dunno.. i mean her voice seemed strange... The off-pitch issue is true. I wonder how she can do this: do you remember her bad performance in Oprah 2002? just few months after it, her voice blew everyone away in "The world Children's Day" concert, so for me, she will always be good. Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v346/anasassaad/jnjkhjk_zpsbd763de7.jpg
Shamrock_1982 Posted November 4, 2009 at 07:48 PM Posted November 4, 2009 at 07:48 PM (edited) A bit off topic but its about the Xfactor and Celine kinda lol. Stacey who I think looks a little bit like Celine ( well in the audition stage, she looked kinda like Celine in the, thats the way it is video ) is apparently covering Celine's ''My heart will go on'' this Saturday as the theme is movie soundtracks.I really like her voice, and although shes a bit scatty, I want her to win, and can't wait to hear her sing it and hear what the judges think... especially Louis as hes obviously a big Celine fan I just hope she dont change the song choice the day before the show, like a few of the guys have done this season. Heres the audition video link for anyone who wants to see : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz0GOlLoeBQ Darren. Edited November 4, 2009 at 07:54 PM by Ire23 Quote
Shaun Posted November 4, 2009 at 09:47 PM Posted November 4, 2009 at 09:47 PM Interesting news. Can we expect "My Heart Will Go On" to chart again in the UK if Stacey does indeed perform it? Most songs performed by X Factor contestants on the live shows get a boost in the charts, even if they are years old. But Darren. Darren, Darren, Darren. Stacey does not look like Celine. LOL Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
Shamrock_1982 Posted November 4, 2009 at 09:58 PM Posted November 4, 2009 at 09:58 PM I think in the video above at times she does a wee bit Shaun during the early stages, but thats just my opinion,lol... Darren. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.