Jump to content

Celine & Elvis duet on American Idol "Idol Gives Back"


Recommended Posts

Posted

And the best part is that nobody responded to what we said, so I guess we could show them that our intention was not putting Céline against Elvis or Céline's fans against Elvis's fans... They both are great and there's no reason to fight about it... Céline was indeed wonderful and her voice was so good, and after all, I guess if this is a forum about Céline, that's what we are expected to do, talk about her

 

Well, I hope this discussion stops.. I don't like it a bit! :wacko:

Posted
Well let's just stop it...because this is not a competition between Céline and Elvis or between Céline fans and Elvis fans. Respect for each others believes and passion for an artist please.

 

This was a WONDERFUL duet, let's just agree on that and leave the rest out of it...because it doesn't matter. The message matters!

not sure who you were talking to but anyways, no its not a competition and in no way was i trying to promote Celine over elvis. i was just showing the fans who were curious what others were saying/dissing Celine on the other forums. IMO, the Celine/elvis duet was one of the most beautiful pieces of television history i've ever seen, the crowd standing up and cheering all through the song gave it so much energy and adrenaline, and Celine handled herself with such class and showmanship. (the little mic drop at the end was sooo cool) :w00t:

and her voice sounded so perfect (no nasality, pure crystal), elvis and Celine works so well together. i love them both together, they compliment each other so well. I want an entire duet album with Celine and elvis. what are the chances are we getting one of these. :wub: :msn-tongue: :clap: :laugh:

 

if anybody has any reviews about the duet, pls post it. im always curious to know what others are saying about Celine :shifty: :hmm:

Posted

I'm not into trash bashing.. but I wanted to post my kudos to both elvis and celine...

 

My mom has been in heaven since seeing her idol with celine! thanks to whom ever had the idea! way to go celine! thank you to her fans you are all awesome! :flowers:

Posted

I try not to get too upset with people like that, although sometimes it's hard. We are all music fans here and should try to get along, not who is the better musician. We all like different kinds of music, so we should just get along and enjoy these forums for what they are, that is fans of music who like to talk about it and find out new info.

 

I do like most kinds of music, except for some classical and the Rap junk they are spewing nowadays.

 

I hate to drag this topic on and on :giggle: lmao, but...I just wanted to add....that I am very proud of my fellow Celine fans for their gracious response to some criticizing comments. I have always believed and will forever believe that Celine has some of the best fans in the world. We take things in stride and turn them into positives! Bravo! For conducting yourselves in a respectable manner!

 

Stay Celineish!

hey thanks! :clap: we're total class acts :innocent: , and we not once stooped to the level of the flaming elvis fans, who threw so many derogatory comments at Celine. what a shame, it's as if they're threatened by Celine's enormous talent. not all of them but a few of them acted like total dickheads. and elvis wouldn't have that. :whistling:

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/512/ohiostate03aq9.gif

Scarletgrey

===============

OSU!! GO BUCKS!!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

Posted
What do you guys think of an entire album of Celine and elvis duets. let's pitch the idea to Sony. :blushing1:
Posted
I dunno if it has been mentioned before but on GMA they were analyzing the Elvis hologram and the male presenter said "...and Céline sang beautifully". Aww bless him.
http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg

Posted
Celine did indeed sing beautifully... The whole performance was really great and touching! A great moment in television history!
Posted
No we can not rewrite history and Elvis can never be compared to anyone because he changed the world in his own way. He is in the history of music. Céline however is the present and I think she changes the world everyday, like everyone does in their own little way. Nobody knows where this ends...only the people in the future will be able to tell. That's how a legend is made.

 

I love Elvis and I love the Beatles I may prefer Elvis but I do not say he is better or bigger thant they are and God thay are tremendously talented: thoses geniuses changed the world. we shoul be thankfull fot those men like music critic Marsh wrote, build the only maps when can trust.

 

All I can say is that every era has new geniuses and comparing any artist to the other doesn't do either of them justice. Only time can tell and in the meantime Céline is changing my world a litte bit everyday.

 

Amen to that...you're so right Filine

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WTOLnq_3hiM/T-YMZXaW9JI/AAAAAAAACR4/bCmTbbqNEhY/s400/Celine+Dion+-+Signature+Commercial+Behind+The+Scenes+(23612)+%5BHD%5D.mp4_snapshot_00.20_%5B2012.06.22_00.44.23%5D.jpg

I dOn'T sUfFer FrOm InSaNiTy...I eNjOy EvErY MiNuTe Of iT...

 

Posted

Great!!!

Thanks

http://www.pixelpink.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Assinatura-Post-1-300x150.png
Posted

I have been an Elvis fan for a very long time. He is my favorite entertainer of all time. I am also a huge Celine fan! When I heard of this duet it was a dream come true for me!

 

I monitor the Elvis forums frequently and most Elvis fans are happy to see this video happen. Most even respect Celines' vocal ability. It saddens me to know that some Elvis fans are mean spirited in their comments about this historic video, and in their comments toward Celine.

 

Please don't judge Elvis or the majority of his fans by the comments made by a small minority.

 

Some of you may be unfamiliar with Elvis' best performances. I urge you to view the "'68 comeback" DVD as well as the dvd "Elvis that's the way it is," to perhaps gain more knowledge of this remarkable performer.

 

In my opinion, Elvis is the best male singer of all time, and Celine is the best female singer of all time. This video put the best of the best together, and I will always be grateful for that.

 

Thanks everyone!

Brian

Posted (edited)
I have been an Elvis fan for a very long time. He is my favorite entertainer of all time. I am also a huge Celine fan! When I heard of this duet it was a dream come true for me!

 

I monitor the Elvis forums frequently and most Elvis fans are happy to see this video happen. Most even respect Celines' vocal ability. It saddens me to know that some Elvis fans are mean spirited in their comments about this historic video, and in their comments toward Celine.

 

Please don't judge Elvis or the majority of his fans by the comments made by a small minority.

 

Some of you may be unfamiliar with Elvis' best performances. I urge you to view the "'68 comeback" DVD as well as the dvd "Elvis that's the way it is," to perhaps gain more knowledge of this remarkable performer.

 

In my opinion, Elvis is the best male singer of all time, and Celine is the best female singer of all time. This video put the best of the best together, and I will always be grateful for that.

 

Thanks everyone!

Brian

 

Thank you for your statement. It's much appreciated.:flowers:

Edited by Ted
Posted

Yeah...thanks for your comments.

 

I can speak for many of us by saying that we don't judge Elvis based on his fans---we admire him for what he did for music and his amzing abilities as a singer and person.

Posted
I have been an Elvis fan for a very long time. He is my favorite entertainer of all time. I am also a huge Celine fan! When I heard of this duet it was a dream come true for me!

 

I monitor the Elvis forums frequently and most Elvis fans are happy to see this video happen. Most even respect Celines' vocal ability. It saddens me to know that some Elvis fans are mean spirited in their comments about this historic video, and in their comments toward Celine.

 

Please don't judge Elvis or the majority of his fans by the comments made by a small minority.

 

Some of you may be unfamiliar with Elvis' best performances. I urge you to view the "'68 comeback" DVD as well as the dvd "Elvis that's the way it is," to perhaps gain more knowledge of this remarkable performer.

 

In my opinion, Elvis is the best male singer of all time, and Celine is the best female singer of all time. This video put the best of the best together, and I will always be grateful for that.

 

Thanks everyone!

Brian

 

Oh so I wanna watch those DVD's. I watched so many videos - many performances - form Elvis on youtube and "Love me tender" gives me chills! heheh I'm going to look for those dvd's thanks!

 

Yeah you're right, that video put the bets of the best together! :flowers:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/tativale/lildoll.gif

"Sometimes we talk with our eyes and it says more than 10,000 words" moi

It's always possible to change!

Vive le Québec

"On ne grandit pas, on pousse un peu, tout juste, les temps d'un rêve, d'un songe,
Et les toucher du doigt, Mais on n'oublie pas, L'enfant qui reste, presque nu, les
instants d'innocence, Quand on savait pas... On ne change pas..."

Posted

Celine really did look too thin in this performance. On "The Soup", then host described her as "Canadian toothpick". But he also said the performance was "very cool"....and it's rare for that show to compliment Celine! So all wasn't lost.

 

But she really just looked SO thin. :blink: I've already lost my other idol to anorexia--I don't want to lose another.

Posted
Celine really did look too thin in this performance. On "The Soup", then host described her as "Canadian toothpick". But he also said the performance was "very cool"....and it's rare for that show to compliment Celine! So all wasn't lost.

 

But she really just looked SO thin. :blink: I've already lost my other idol to anorexia--I don't want to lose another.

 

Oh see looked fine! Not to thin at all! Perfect size in my opinion! She looks great and I'm sure she is in great shape after running around the AND stage 5 nights a week for over 4 years now.

Posted
they showed a little piece of celine+elvis poerformance today on AI result show... ahhh, it was so nice to see Celine again. i miss her.
Posted
Celine really did look too thin in this performance. On "The Soup", then host described her as "Canadian toothpick". But he also said the performance was "very cool"....and it's rare for that show to compliment Celine! So all wasn't lost.

 

But she really just looked SO thin. :blink: I've already lost my other idol to anorexia--I don't want to lose another.

 

 

Celine is so not anorexic. First of all if she had an eating disorder she would NOT be able to perform the way she does in Vegas for the amount of time she has done so, and secondly Celine has always been very thin... she has not lost weight or anything, this is nothing new. I think she looks awsome!

Posted
If I Can Dream is still #1 music video on itunes. :clap:

can i download the song from itunes even though i dont have a ipod?? :down:

 

they showed a little piece of celine+elvis poerformance today on AI result show... ahhh, it was so nice to see Celine again. i miss her.

really? what did they say about Celine :w00t:

 

Celine really did look too thin in this performance. On "The Soup", then host described her as "Canadian toothpick". But he also said the performance was "very cool"....and it's rare for that show to compliment Celine! So all wasn't lost.

 

But she really just looked SO thin. :blink: I've already lost my other idol to anorexia--I don't want to lose another.

what are u talking about. :o

infact- it's just the opposite. Celine looked rounded and shapely like she gained a few pounds. you know when the duet starts and she comes walking up on the stage in a silhouette lighting. well her figure looked really shapely, womanly and full. :msn-tongue:

when i first saw that promo, i said to myself that must be some other female singer because Celine never looked so shapely before. :w00t:

Posted
No. I completely disagree. She looks very thin to me. I'm not one to dwell on appearance, but it just concerns me. Hope she's not getting too stressed out about everything.
Posted
No. I completely disagree. She looks very thin to me. I'm not one to dwell on appearance, but it just concerns me. Hope she's not getting too stressed out about everything.
honey did you read what i wrote before about the shapely shadow figure, c'mon you must agree with me right? :blink:
Posted
Yes, I read what you wrote. No, I don't agree. :bye1:
Posted
I would like to see more of Elvis as well. Many of his songs are well known but it's nice to learn more about who he was and what's the meaning behind he songs :) If I Can Dream is a juwel that shines because of it's simplesse and brilliant melody but the meaning is even more special. :wub:

http://www.celinedion.nl/pics/cindy/bannerza.jpg

"They call my home the land of snow, Canadian cold front movin' in"

Posted

I have seen it @ the tv, the duet celine and elvis...

all I can say, there is no other better person to have elvis "the king" ti be pair with celine of course.

Posted

It's stupid they didn't release this duet of Elvis and Celine as a single on iTunes, or it could sell even more than Carrie Underwood's "I'll Stand by You".

Carrie Underwood sets record with iTunes track

 

Thursday, May 3, 2007 – Carrie Underwood's recording of The Pretenders' classic, "I'll Stand by You," became the first iTunes exclusive track to debut in the Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100 chart.

 

Entering the chart in 6th for the week ending May 12 in Billboard, "I'll Stand by You" was recorded by Underwood to accompany footage of her two-day trip to Africa this past April for American Idol's "Idol Gives Back" charity special. Now available exclusively through the iTunes Store (www.itunes.com) as a fundraiser downloadable as both a video and audio track, "I'll Stand by You" becomes one of just 6digital-only songs ever to debut in the Hot 100 Top 10 and the only track to do so without having been serviced to radio for airplay.

 

Based on SoundScan sales, the audio track of "I'll Stand by You" will debut in second on Billboard's Hot Digital Songs chart with downloads of 124,496 copies, based on sales from the night of the April 25 Idol episode through this past weekend.

 

The money benefits Charity Projects Entertainment Fund (CPEF), which has partnered with Idol to raise awareness and funds for relief organizations assisting children and young people in extreme poverty in America and Africa.

 

American Idol Creator and Head of 19 Entertainment, Simon Fuller, said, "This is a big moment. The potency of Carrie's performance on 'Idol Gives Back' last week was so strong that it's set a new milestone for iTunes and is attracting people to music downloads for the first time. More than that, she is pulling in music fans from all over the world. Carrie is a phenomenal talent, a truly gifted singer, and a generous and kind-hearted spirit, so I am delighted to see the success of what her talent is making possible to benefit children in need." iTunes is donating net proceeds from the sale of "Idol Gives Back" content to the CPEF. For more information, visit http://www.americanidol.com/idolgivesback/. For all visitors to iTunes from the American Idol site through May 23, an additional percentage of their total iTunes purchases will also benefit the CPEF.

http://www.countrystandardtime.com/news/ne...th_iTunes_track

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...