Sophe34 Posted April 29, 2007 at 10:59 AM Posted April 29, 2007 at 10:59 AM great great great thanks Quote http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/814/33cd3.jpgcreationceline
nature boy Posted April 29, 2007 at 11:33 AM Posted April 29, 2007 at 11:33 AM I'm just reading some of the comments on youtube. Mmmm not exactly what I wanted to read. Quote http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/3239/kylieima5lp9.jpg How do you describe a feeling??
Thomas Posted April 29, 2007 at 12:28 PM Posted April 29, 2007 at 12:28 PM (edited) I'm wondering whether Celine recorded the whole song when she went into the studio or whether they decided before hand which parts she would sing? I'm thinking she probably did the whole song and then the sound engineers mixed it to sound as good as possible. Because if they can't get permission to release the duet or put it on an album for whatever reason, they may be able to get permission for a solo track just like other singers who cover Elvis songs. It would be interesting to hear Celine singing the whole thing on her own too! Edited April 29, 2007 at 12:29 PM by Thomas Quote
CSCfan Posted April 29, 2007 at 12:34 PM Posted April 29, 2007 at 12:34 PM Yes, it would....let's hope we'll hear more of it in the future.. Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
Elaine Posted April 29, 2007 at 12:54 PM Posted April 29, 2007 at 12:54 PM Yeah... I definately would love it! Quote http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/1352/opo3.jpg
Feidhlimbrennan Posted April 29, 2007 at 03:04 PM Posted April 29, 2007 at 03:04 PM ive been so crap recently i havent been near a computer or a tv in weeks! but i just saw the video, and i couldnt help giggling to myself at how good celine was vocally and at how amazing she looked, what a way to get her back to the forefront of american music! xf Quote Instagram: @feidhlimb
Celine_2533 Posted April 29, 2007 at 03:50 PM Posted April 29, 2007 at 03:50 PM Celine's very AMAZING!! She's so hot that night. Celine, you made me pround to be your fan!! Quote http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i78/title156/Sig2013.jpg
ahmed Posted April 29, 2007 at 04:23 PM Posted April 29, 2007 at 04:23 PM very great performance i love it so much Quote
mikober Posted April 29, 2007 at 05:14 PM Posted April 29, 2007 at 05:14 PM Aa great as unexpected!! Quote
Ronny83 Posted April 29, 2007 at 05:29 PM Posted April 29, 2007 at 05:29 PM AC radio stations in USA are playing hard this track. I wonder where they took the audio file. http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/8595/ificandreammediabaseyv1.jpg Quote The Celine Dion Italian fanbase - CelineDionItalia.com
thevoice Posted April 29, 2007 at 05:34 PM Posted April 29, 2007 at 05:34 PM AC radio stations in USA are playing hard this track. I wonder where they took the audio file. http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/8595/ificandreammediabaseyv1.jpg what?!?!? if they play it they recieved it somehow....they cant play something that was not released to the radio stations - maybe we miss something here?maybe the song was released to selected radio stations in the u.s.?? Quote
Ronny83 Posted April 29, 2007 at 05:36 PM Posted April 29, 2007 at 05:36 PM what?!?!? if they play it they recieved it somehow....they cant play something that was not released to the radio stations - maybe we miss something here?maybe the song was released to selected radio stations in the u.s.?? As you can see there's no label distributing the song to radio stations (like it happened to IKILY). It means it wasn't officially sent to AC radio stations. Quote The Celine Dion Italian fanbase - CelineDionItalia.com
cdeekin Posted April 29, 2007 at 06:39 PM Posted April 29, 2007 at 06:39 PM Trying to figure out how to download the video Quote
Love, Posted April 29, 2007 at 07:05 PM Posted April 29, 2007 at 07:05 PM (edited) i hate american idol, and ryan seacrest. the technical effects were really cool, but i dont think celine did her best. she let elvis take the show which i was a little disapointed. You guys....I've been trying to tell you that Celine was holding back...watch the clip below and listen to the commentary...Celine kept neutral so that she wouldn't out do Elvis...which is why so many people saw this as Celine not sing with emotion. I'm really passionate about this topic because I know Celine could have out did Elvis if she wanted to, but as gracious as Celine is, she took a step back and let him have the spotlight. They talk about how this video was made...also they explain exactly what I was trying to say...about Celine trying to not outshine Elvis (like we know she could if she wanted too!!!) Thanks for the link. As I had mentioned earlier, this was not extremely hard to do. The process was actually quite simple, from the editors' point of view. It's just that it was a FIRST, that it was on American Idol, and that it was Celine and Elvis - two of the greatest singers in music history. Masking an image of someone wearing white on a black surface with red spots is the easiest mask to do, because of the contrasting feature. Something similar to this could be done on Adobe After Effects CS2. Edited April 29, 2007 at 07:06 PM by Love, Quote
krazy_kool_dude Posted April 29, 2007 at 07:05 PM Posted April 29, 2007 at 07:05 PM Trying to figure out how to download the video it'll be in the multimedia section under the heading #Celine_Dion - EFnet - IRC Channel. Quote http://img345.imageshack.us/img345/4136/siggyju5.jpg
Love, Posted April 29, 2007 at 07:09 PM Posted April 29, 2007 at 07:09 PM E! News talked about the duet on the weekend news show, Ryan said Celine is Guiliana DePandi's favorite singer. That's news to me. http://www.celebopedia.com/giuliana-depandi/images/giuliana-depandi.jpg I hope it wasn't sarcasm. She didn't seem too keen on her outfit for the Oscars.For a woman who has a Masters in Journalism, Guiliana should be intelligent enough to understand how amazing Celine is... ) Quote
Ronny83 Posted April 29, 2007 at 07:17 PM Posted April 29, 2007 at 07:17 PM E! News talked about the duet on the weekend news show, Ryan said Celine is Guiliana DePandi's favorite singer. That's news to me. http://www.celebopedia.com/giuliana-depandi/images/giuliana-depandi.jpg I hope it wasn't sarcasm. She didn't seem too keen on her outfit for the Oscars.For a woman who has a Masters in Journalism, Guiliana should be intelligent enough to understand how amazing Celine is... ) Plus, she is from Naples, my city, which gives her more Valentina-wisdom. Quote The Celine Dion Italian fanbase - CelineDionItalia.com
SarahJB5 Posted April 29, 2007 at 08:30 PM Posted April 29, 2007 at 08:30 PM I found another interesting video from comcast.net talking about how they did the song...it's from GMA...you can watch it here: Celine and Elvis on GMA Quote I'm a twin mommy just like Celine!Sophia and Anthony arrived on December 28, 2010 http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f380/SarahJB5/asblockssmaller.jpg
brasilero Posted April 29, 2007 at 08:44 PM Posted April 29, 2007 at 08:44 PM I found another interesting video from comcast.net talking about how they did the song...it's from GMA...you can watch it here: Celine and Elvis on GMAthanks, i love all the publicity Celine is getting Quote
Yvosus Posted April 29, 2007 at 09:50 PM Posted April 29, 2007 at 09:50 PM Hello, I am a little bit suprised reading your comments about Celine Dion's performance: I may understand and respect you are big fans of Celine but you should not forget, that it is fore and foremost a tribute to Elvis and this I think was what Celine wanted in the fist place. Is is so important arguing who is best and who can outshine the other? Isn't it childish talk? Singing is not about power or volume technically speaking even though consedering technical singing perfection. Art is not about perfection. I reckon singing is about emotion, feeling and soul. This is where Elvis came from, soul, black music. This is the main reason why we have been able to witness and enjoy this performance. You should respect that and adknowledge this; for this is a simpla fact. One last thing, please, we cannot rewrite History and Elvis is in a class on his own like Ray Charles, The Beatles, James Brown and a few others and I respect the fact you may appreciate Celine for she is a big star but you cannot change this. Elvis changed the world. Celine may have changed your lives and that is one big achievement but lets be reasonable, this is where it ends. Picasso and Cezanne revolutionized painting but Mary Cassat did not, though she was a remarkable painter.I am a little confused also because this song has a very important meaning as Matin Luther King was shot a few weeks before the 68 special was aired and the World and Elvis were devastated by the horrible news. It is a confusing that youngsters may not know about that knowing this song has a poltivcal and social meaning coming even with greater impact as it was sung by Elvis Presley... and now, the people behind Amreican Idol let it ended up in their show which is the total opposit of this significance. This is is a bit embarassing even if it is for charity. We should not play with symbols when they are so important: this is significance is way bigger than Elvis and Elvis was jus an tertainer and he kew that for sure. He knew that this was a message song and was way much more important than he was. This is why he sang it with so much passion. For music has no boundaries no ego no color but soul! This is the greatness of Elvis and his humility. So lets be humbles as fans and not forget that and go bragging , boasting like kids. I am sure that Miss Celine Dion herself would not agree with your comments about being bigger than Elvis or being better: she has to much respect fot the man and his music ...she knows for sure. Before being Ceine Dion's faithful fans I hope your are simply music fans. Love shoudn't blind you and make you loose judgment. I love Elvis and I love the Beatles I may prefer Elvis but I do not say he is better or bigger thant they are and God thay are tremendously talented: thoses geniuses changed the world. we shoul be thankfull fot those men like music critic Marsh wrote, build the only maps when can trust. Sorry for my english Greetings from Paris Quote
dmma611 Posted April 29, 2007 at 09:52 PM Posted April 29, 2007 at 09:52 PM (edited) This was such an AMAZING duet! CELINE AND ELVIS!! Who could ask for more!!THANK YOU!!!! Edited April 29, 2007 at 09:54 PM by dmma611 Quote
Thomas Posted April 29, 2007 at 09:55 PM Posted April 29, 2007 at 09:55 PM I may understand and respect you are big fans of Celine but you should not forget, that it is fore and foremost a tribute to Elvis and this I think was what Celine wanted in the fist place.I think that this was first and foremost a charity event which raised over $30 million and everything else comes second. Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but Ryan Seacrest didn't introduce this as a tribute to Elvis and while it may have become one in our minds and in the media, I don't think this was the sole purpose of the performance. Quote
Yvosus Posted April 29, 2007 at 10:00 PM Posted April 29, 2007 at 10:00 PM I may understand and respect you are big fans of Celine but you should not forget, that it is fore and foremost a tribute to Elvis and this I think was what Celine wanted in the fist place.I think that this was first and foremost a charity event which raised over $30 million and everything else comes second. Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but Ryan Seacrest didn't introduce this as a tribute to Elvis and while it may have become one in our minds and in the media, I don't think this was the sole purpose of the performance.Hello Thomas, Sorry fot that that it is a misunderstanding: I agree with you on that point but I was referring to the fact ,why Celine has accepted to make this duet with Elvis? She agreed no doubt about it, to sang it for charity but I was talking about the idea about accepting a duet with Elvis and why Elvis. ;-)) Quote
Elaine Posted April 29, 2007 at 10:03 PM Posted April 29, 2007 at 10:03 PM Hello, I am a little bit suprised reading your comments about Celine Dion's performance: I may understand and respect you are big fans of Celine but you should not forget, that it is fore and foremost a tribute to Elvis and this I think was what Celine wanted in the fist place. Is is so important arguing who is best and who can outshine the other? Isn't it childish talk? Singing is not about power or volume technically speaking even though consedering technical singing perfection. Art is not about perfection. I reckon singing is about emotion, feeling and soul. This is where Elvis came from, soul, black music. This is the main reason why we have been able to witness and enjoy this performance. You should respect that and adknowledge this; for this is a simpla fact. One last thing, please, we cannot rewrite History and Elvis is in a class on his own like Ray Charles, The Beatles, James Brown and a few others and I respect the fact you may appreciate Celine for she is a big star but you cannot change this. Elvis changed the world. Celine may have changed your lives and that is one big achievement but lets be reasonable, this is where it ends. Picasso and Cezanne revolutionized painting but Mary Cassat did not, though she was a remarkable painter.I am a little confused also because this song has a very important meaning as Matin Luther King was shot a few weeks before the 68 special was aired and the World and Elvis were devastated by the horrible news. It is a confusing that youngsters may not know about that knowing this song has a poltivcal and social meaning coming even with greater impact as it was sung by Elvis Presley... and now, the people behind Amreican Idol let it ended up in their show which is the total opposit of this significance. This is is a bit embarassing even if it is for charity. We should not play with symbols when they are so important: this is significance is way bigger than Elvis and Elvis was jus an tertainer and he kew that for sure. He knew that this was a message song and was way much more important than he was. This is why he sang it with so much passion. For music has no boundaries no ego no color but soul! This is the greatness of Elvis and his humility. So lets be humbles as fans and not forget that and go bragging , boasting like kids. I am sure that Miss Celine Dion herself would not agree with your comments about being bigger than Elvis or being better: she has to much respect fot the man and his music ...she knows for sure. Before being Ceine Dion's faithful fans I hope your are simply music fans. Love shoudn't blind you and make you loose judgment. I love Elvis and I love the Beatles I may prefer Elvis but I do not say he is better or bigger thant they are and God thay are tremendously talented: thoses geniuses changed the world. we shoul be thankfull fot those men like music critic Marsh wrote, build the only maps when can trust. Sorry for my english Greetings from Paris ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Quote http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/1352/opo3.jpg
Ronny83 Posted April 29, 2007 at 10:05 PM Posted April 29, 2007 at 10:05 PM Hello Thomas, Sorry fot that that it is a misunderstanding: I agree with you on that point but I was referring to the fact ,why Celine has accepted to make this duet with Elvis? She agreed no doubt about it, to sang it for charity but I was talking about the idea about accepting a duet with Elvis and why Elvis. ;-))Céline likes and admires Elvis, that's why she accepted. She also sang "Can't Help Falling In Love" during her early tour. René, her husband and manager, was at Elvis' funeral. They both love him. Quote The Celine Dion Italian fanbase - CelineDionItalia.com
Shamrock_1982 Posted April 29, 2007 at 10:06 PM Posted April 29, 2007 at 10:06 PM (edited) because she respects elvis, her husband rene is a huge elvis fan also and she wanted to help the kids and charities involved in this show, this was not about celine or elvis, this was celebrities giving back to people in need, and celine was approached for this with the presleys permission. I was on the elvis.com site and they have a record of celebs who visited graceland over the years and Celines on there Edited April 29, 2007 at 10:10 PM by Ire23 Quote
Yvosus Posted April 29, 2007 at 10:12 PM Posted April 29, 2007 at 10:12 PM because she respects elvis, her husband rene is a huge elvis fan also and she wanted to help the kids and charities involved in this show, this was not about celine or elvis, this was celebrities giving back!! I was on the elvis.com site and they have a record of celebs who visited graceland over the years and Celines on there Amen to that and this is one reason why I respect Celine as well this is what makes the quality of the "great ones" She is no as Big for nothing and I admire as well her humility and sincerity she has shown on TV before and in particular during the Katrine event. Quote
brasilero Posted April 30, 2007 at 01:31 AM Posted April 30, 2007 at 01:31 AM (edited) Hello, I am a little bit suprised reading your comments about Celine Dion's performance: I may understand and respect you are big fans of Celine but you should not forget, that it is fore and foremost a tribute to Elvis and this I think was what Celine wanted in the fist place. Is is so important arguing who is best and who can outshine the other? Isn't it childish talk? Singing is not about power or volume technically speaking even though consedering technical singing perfection. Art is not about perfection. I reckon singing is about emotion, feeling and soul. This is where Elvis came from, soul, black music. This is the main reason why we have been able to witness and enjoy this performance. You should respect that and adknowledge this; for this is a simpla fact. One last thing, please, we cannot rewrite History and Elvis is in a class on his own like Ray Charles, The Beatles, James Brown and a few others and I respect the fact you may appreciate Celine for she is a big star but you cannot change this. Elvis changed the world. Celine may have changed your lives and that is one big achievement but lets be reasonable, this is where it ends. Picasso and Cezanne revolutionized painting but Mary Cassat did not, though she was a remarkable painter.I am a little confused also because this song has a very important meaning as Matin Luther King was shot a few weeks before the 68 special was aired and the World and Elvis were devastated by the horrible news. It is a confusing that youngsters may not know about that knowing this song has a poltivcal and social meaning coming even with greater impact as it was sung by Elvis Presley... and now, the people behind Amreican Idol let it ended up in their show which is the total opposit of this significance. This is is a bit embarassing even if it is for charity. We should not play with symbols when they are so important: this is significance is way bigger than Elvis and Elvis was jus an tertainer and he kew that for sure. He knew that this was a message song and was way much more important than he was. This is why he sang it with so much passion. For music has no boundaries no ego no color but soul! This is the greatness of Elvis and his humility. So lets be humbles as fans and not forget that and go bragging , boasting like kids. I am sure that Miss Celine Dion herself would not agree with your comments about being bigger than Elvis or being better: she has to much respect fot the man and his music ...she knows for sure. Before being Ceine Dion's faithful fans I hope your are simply music fans. Love shoudn't blind you and make you loose judgment. I love Elvis and I love the Beatles I may prefer Elvis but I do not say he is better or bigger thant they are and God thay are tremendously talented: thoses geniuses changed the world. we shoul be thankfull fot those men like music critic Marsh wrote, build the only maps when can trust. Sorry for my english Greetings from Parisi dont understand where this is coming from. nobody has dissed elvis on here. in fact its just the opposite. and if you go to the elvis forums and the comments on the duet on youtube, there are tons of elvis supportors coming out of the woodwork and hating, critisizing and dissing Celine with so much childish and slanderous words, so maybe you should look in your own backyard first before you come into ours. have a nice day Edited April 30, 2007 at 01:31 AM by brasilero Quote
celinedrop Posted April 30, 2007 at 03:58 AM Posted April 30, 2007 at 03:58 AM My God. This is too much. She looked and sounded simply flawless...I have no words to describe it...OH MY GOD. I'm still speechless about this video, it looks so real, the song is so cute and the way she acts is absolutely endearing... *sighs* Quote **How did you know that I would play the part?I must have I made it clear right from the start**
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.