Koolan Posted April 28, 2007 at 02:14 AM Posted April 28, 2007 at 02:14 AM more comments http://justjared.buzznet.com/2007/04/25/ce...ments/#comments it starts off on the negative side but the rest is positive. Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
Lawna Posted April 28, 2007 at 02:17 AM Posted April 28, 2007 at 02:17 AM more comments http://justjared.buzznet.com/2007/04/25/ce...ments/#comments This duet has gained a lot of attention. My only complaint is what many Elvis fans have said about Celine's "emotion-less" performance. I think Celine could have stole the show and the song if she wanted to, but she chose to give the spotlight to Elvis by holding back and with a subtle performance and great harmonizing vocal. Quote They go crazy for you because they know you're true. --Celine Dionhttp://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz226/Congenialdiva/myspacelink.jpgFollow Me on Twitter!Visit Me on Facebook!
Koolan Posted April 28, 2007 at 02:25 AM Posted April 28, 2007 at 02:25 AM I don't see many Elvis fans mention Celine as emotion-less. April 27Our friends at American Idol wrote an exciting new chapter in Elvis history on the "Idol Gives Back" special on April 25th. Through the magic of video editing and rotoscope technology, Elvis Presley and Celine Dion performed "If I Can Dream" together. The presentation was absolutely stunning - both musically and technologically. "If I Can Dream" is about peace, brotherhood and hope for a better day. It was the perfect choice of Elvis song for the theme of the show. The Idol Gives Back initiative is all about helping children in need in Africa and the United States. The Elvis/Celine duet completely wowed television viewers and has been making the news everywhere. Today it's the number one video download on iTunes. Your purchase of the download on iTunes benefits Idol Gives Back. We congratulate everyone at American Idol who was involved in making the Elvis/Celine duet happen and we tip our hats to Celine for doing a beautiful, classy job singing with our guy.source The duet video is on their homepage. :clap: :clap: Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
firebird Posted April 28, 2007 at 02:31 AM Posted April 28, 2007 at 02:31 AM more comments http://justjared.buzznet.com/2007/04/25/ce...ments/#commentsit starts off on the negative side but the rest is positive. "The technology is mindboggling. Two dead people singing. Genius."Hihihi, how mean Quote
doughboy1961 Posted April 28, 2007 at 02:33 AM Posted April 28, 2007 at 02:33 AM (edited) Having a hard time downloading the video......OK finally figured it out Edited April 28, 2007 at 02:35 AM by doughboy1961 Quote
Tal Posted April 28, 2007 at 02:53 AM Author Posted April 28, 2007 at 02:53 AM Some of these Elvis fans are ticking me off. Before the duet, they're complaining that they're afraid she'll over power him, blah blah blah. Now that the duet is over some of them claim she either couldn't keep up with him, or that her vocals weren't strong enough. Are you kidding? Its the same with music 'critis' who bash her for singing ballads, and then bash her for trying to sing a rock song. She doesn't thump her chest and scream like a banshee then she's weak....if she does then she over-powered him. I mean, by all means...they dont have to like her music or even care for her voice. But to say she doesnt have the vocal chops is a freakin joke. And to say her vocal was emotionless is ridiculous too imo. What constitues a soulful voice? One thats raspy, gritty? Well Celine's voice is more clear and sharp. But that doesnt make her singing emotionless. I'm usually not such an SCF, but some of the comments I've been reading lately have sent me into major SCF mode. Quote I live my life like a runawayI hide my dreams in a special placeI'm waiting here for my prince to comeTo save me from the darkness...
Lawna Posted April 28, 2007 at 03:01 AM Posted April 28, 2007 at 03:01 AM (edited) I don't see many Elvis fans mention Celine as emotion-less. April 27Our friends at American Idol wrote an exciting new chapter in Elvis history on the "Idol Gives Back" special on April 25th. Through the magic of video editing and rotoscope technology, Elvis Presley and Celine Dion performed "If I Can Dream" together. The presentation was absolutely stunning - both musically and technologically. "If I Can Dream" is about peace, brotherhood and hope for a better day. It was the perfect choice of Elvis song for the theme of the show. The Idol Gives Back initiative is all about helping children in need in Africa and the United States. The Elvis/Celine duet completely wowed television viewers and has been making the news everywhere. Today it's the number one video download on iTunes. Your purchase of the download on iTunes benefits Idol Gives Back. We congratulate everyone at American Idol who was involved in making the Elvis/Celine duet happen and we tip our hats to Celine for doing a beautiful, classy job singing with our guy.source The duet video is on their homepage. :clap: :clap: Classy=Celine :clap: :clap: ...and yes there are some that have mentioned Celine as emotionless...Tal knows what I'm talking about Edited April 28, 2007 at 03:05 AM by Lawna Quote They go crazy for you because they know you're true. --Celine Dionhttp://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz226/Congenialdiva/myspacelink.jpgFollow Me on Twitter!Visit Me on Facebook!
scarletgrey Posted April 28, 2007 at 03:19 AM Posted April 28, 2007 at 03:19 AM I agree with you. I think she was absolutely tremendous. She didn't overshadow him at all. It was a beautiful duet. I was in awe. It was the best part of the show. I would love to see more of her doing duets with Elvis. It made you think he was still alive. I had read a few comments about how they thought she wasn't very good. They are crazy. They must have been watching something else. I can't wait for the record to come out. I want to have this forever. Some of these Elvis fans are ticking me off. Before the duet, they're complaining that they're afraid she'll over power him, blah blah blah. Now that the duet is over some of them claim she either couldn't keep up with him, or that her vocals weren't strong enough. Are you kidding? Its the same with music 'critis' who bash her for singing ballads, and then bash her for trying to sing a rock song. She doesn't thump her chest and scream like a banshee then she's weak....if she does then she over-powered him. I mean, by all means...they dont have to like her music or even care for her voice. But to say she doesnt have the vocal chops is a freakin joke. And to say her vocal was emotionless is ridiculous too imo. What constitues a soulful voice? One thats raspy, gritty? Well Celine's voice is more clear and sharp. But that doesnt make her singing emotionless. I'm usually not such an SCF, but some of the comments I've been reading lately have sent me into major SCF mode. Quote http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/512/ohiostate03aq9.gifScarletgrey===============OSU!! GO BUCKS!!!GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!
Ted Posted April 28, 2007 at 03:48 AM Posted April 28, 2007 at 03:48 AM Some Elvis fans tick me off, too. They come to here to download the video (btw, the mods. put the best video I've seen of that performance) that's all they want. At Elvisnews they are at it again. Just like before the performance. Quote http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/tedxyz/Untitled-TrueColor-02.jpg
Lawna Posted April 28, 2007 at 03:52 AM Posted April 28, 2007 at 03:52 AM Some Elvis fans tick me off, too. They come to here to download the video (btw, the mods. put the best video I've seen of that performance) that's all they want. At Elvisnews they are at it again. Just like before the performance. Yes, the video is excellent quality! I bought the itunes version, but I prefer watching the HDTV version that I got from this forum...much nicer Quote They go crazy for you because they know you're true. --Celine Dionhttp://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz226/Congenialdiva/myspacelink.jpgFollow Me on Twitter!Visit Me on Facebook!
Ted Posted April 28, 2007 at 03:57 AM Posted April 28, 2007 at 03:57 AM Some Elvis fans tick me off, too. They come to here to download the video (btw, the mods. put the best video I've seen of that performance) that's all they want. At Elvisnews they are at it again. Just like before the performance. Yes, the video is excellent quality! I bought the itunes version, but I prefer watching the HDTV version that I got from this forum...much nicer I bought video at itunes, also. There's no comparison between itunes and HDTV version at this forum. Our's is much better. Quote http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/tedxyz/Untitled-TrueColor-02.jpg
practicalmagic Posted April 28, 2007 at 04:07 AM Posted April 28, 2007 at 04:07 AM I loved the Duet, it was as if he has never left us. I would like to see her do another duet with another legend. Quote
Melody Posted April 28, 2007 at 04:47 AM Posted April 28, 2007 at 04:47 AM "We congratulate everyone at American Idol who was involved in making the Elvis/Celine duet happen and we tip our hats to Celine for doing a beautiful, classy job singing with our guy." I love that they said this! Quote Where words fail music speaks.Où les mots échouent la musique parle
brasilero Posted April 28, 2007 at 05:07 AM Posted April 28, 2007 at 05:07 AM (edited) Some of these Elvis fans are ticking me off. Before the duet, they're complaining that they're afraid she'll over power him, blah blah blah. Now that the duet is over some of them claim she either couldn't keep up with him, or that her vocals weren't strong enough. Are you kidding? Its the same with music 'critis' who bash her for singing ballads, and then bash her for trying to sing a rock song. She doesn't thump her chest and scream like a banshee then she's weak....if she does then she over-powered him. I mean, by all means...they dont have to like her music or even care for her voice. But to say she doesnt have the vocal chops is a freakin joke. And to say her vocal was emotionless is ridiculous too imo. What constitues a soulful voice? One thats raspy, gritty? Well Celine's voice is more clear and sharp. But that doesnt make her singing emotionless. I'm usually not such an SCF, but some of the comments I've been reading lately have sent me into major SCF mode.hey i agree with this. i went to the elvis forum and all i could see were disses. mods if i'm not allowed to post the URl just delete it ok, thanks.i felt t like creating an account there and set them straight about our Celine Edited April 28, 2007 at 05:08 AM by brasilero Quote
brasilero Posted April 28, 2007 at 05:13 AM Posted April 28, 2007 at 05:13 AM I woke up this afternoon and saw the "youtube" version.....truly incredible performance. I have the '68 Elvis performance on tape and its totally amazing to me how they "brought him out" of that performance and had him almost literally side-by-side with Celine. I don't think the music world truly appreciates the impact those two singers, especially Elvis, have had. While I absolutely HATE American Idol and think that even they don't appreciate it, it was an awesome spectacle to see. After it was over, all I sadly could think was - I wish Celine could turn and hug him. yea why didnt they think of that. that would have been freaky to see her hugging him. but on second thought i guess it would take away the magic because all they could probably show is the impersonator's back or sometrhing and people would know it was just a stand-in. and the magic would have been lost. so i guess in the end it was good the way it was. She looked at him at the end which gave him life and breath. no body could pull this off like our Celine. Quote
theallde Posted April 28, 2007 at 06:27 AM Posted April 28, 2007 at 06:27 AM Thanks ..... it will be played many times. Quote
Bellamy Posted April 28, 2007 at 06:52 AM Posted April 28, 2007 at 06:52 AM Just watched it again in the UK- I had goosebumps- so amazing. And Cat Deeley asked a few of the idols after "and how was Celine?"- they all said they were so starstruck and that she kept doing these amazing little ad libs and couldn't believe they were on the same stage as Celine. P.s is anyone else finding it difficult to dl the performance from the forum~? I've tried all day but it's been so slow i've given up everytime- is it the server?Try to use a download manager like Flashget as described here: http://www.celinedionforum.com/index.php?showtopic=7803 Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
Koolan Posted April 28, 2007 at 06:58 AM Posted April 28, 2007 at 06:58 AM 290,871 views of our video on YouTube before they removed it Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
Bellamy Posted April 28, 2007 at 06:59 AM Posted April 28, 2007 at 06:59 AM Some of these Elvis fans are ticking me off. Before the duet, they're complaining that they're afraid she'll over power him, blah blah blah. Now that the duet is over some of them claim she either couldn't keep up with him, or that her vocals weren't strong enough. Are you kidding? Its the same with music 'critis' who bash her for singing ballads, and then bash her for trying to sing a rock song. She doesn't thump her chest and scream like a banshee then she's weak....if she does then she over-powered him. I mean, by all means...they dont have to like her music or even care for her voice. But to say she doesnt have the vocal chops is a freakin joke. And to say her vocal was emotionless is ridiculous too imo. What constitues a soulful voice? One thats raspy, gritty? Well Celine's voice is more clear and sharp. But that doesnt make her singing emotionless. I'm usually not such an SCF, but some of the comments I've been reading lately have sent me into major SCF mode.Celine always respect other singers and doesn't over power them. That's a reason why she get a lot respect from other singers. Some Elvis fans tick me off, too. They come to here to download the video (btw, the mods. put the best video I've seen of that performance) that's all they want. At Elvisnews they are at it again. Just like before the performance. Yes, the video is excellent quality! I bought the itunes version, but I prefer watching the HDTV version that I got from this forum...much nicer I bought video at itunes, also. There's no comparison between itunes and HDTV version at this forum. Our's is much better. But you donated some money to the Africans by iTunes. So it's for a good cause. I still encourage everyone buy the iTunes video no matter they downloaded from here or not. BTW, our version is not real HDTV, but DVD this time. Cause they added a filter to the HD video to make it fit the Elvis 1968 footage.She looked at him at the end which gave him life and breath. no body could pull this off like our Celine. Yeah, the way Celine looked at Elvis in the end, and her litle smile is quite magical. It makes the feeling so real. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
acedeuce4 Posted April 28, 2007 at 07:48 AM Posted April 28, 2007 at 07:48 AM this is my number one song of the year Quote
practicalmagic Posted April 28, 2007 at 07:57 AM Posted April 28, 2007 at 07:57 AM Beautiful duet, i love her voice so. It has has a heavenly sound to it. Cant wait for her new album. Quote
Javito Posted April 28, 2007 at 09:22 AM Posted April 28, 2007 at 09:22 AM (edited) The video with the performance is even in the main page of the official website of Elvis! Shouldn't the people on Celinedion.com do the same? People who looks for Céline on the net to see the video could find it in her official website, but NO! OMG, they're always behind everything! Edited April 28, 2007 at 09:23 AM by Gonzalillo Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
albertanna Posted April 28, 2007 at 09:54 AM Posted April 28, 2007 at 09:54 AM This duet was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO amazing!!!! Elvis is alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Quote
Johana Posted April 28, 2007 at 10:37 AM Posted April 28, 2007 at 10:37 AM I like Celine's image Quote http://www.freewebs.com/celinetime/Graphics/Signatures/Angelonearth-sig.jpg
Filine Posted April 28, 2007 at 10:44 AM Posted April 28, 2007 at 10:44 AM Mods is there a count of how many times the Elvis HR video in the multimedia-section was downloaded? Just curiosity.... Quote http://www.celinedion.nl/pics/cindy/bannerza.jpg"They call my home the land of snow, Canadian cold front movin' in"
Kian Posted April 28, 2007 at 10:54 AM Posted April 28, 2007 at 10:54 AM I can't get enough of that song and performance, it's truly amazing . Their voices blend perfectly. I can't wait to have that song on an album. Maybe the'll even release it as single after all the attention that this performance aroused and mostly positive reviews . Quote
tboy34 Posted April 28, 2007 at 11:14 AM Posted April 28, 2007 at 11:14 AM It was very interesting to see this. It has a certain quality that I never have seen before. Celine at her best. Love her new look. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.