tim123 Posted April 27, 2007 at 12:51 AM Posted April 27, 2007 at 12:51 AM she was amazing. No wonder she is the worlds best selling female artist of all time. Quote
tamtam2k Posted April 27, 2007 at 01:02 AM Posted April 27, 2007 at 01:02 AM Very very nice Thanks Quote
crystalgailjunk Posted April 27, 2007 at 01:25 AM Posted April 27, 2007 at 01:25 AM Just a little bit of info about the Celine and Elvis video that I haven't seen mentioned yet. The guy 'standing in' for Elvis is an impersonator named Ryan Pelton. This is how the video editors got Elvis to look 3 dementional. Ryan actually preformed as Elvis on the stage and in the close up shots, Elvis's face ( from the 68 Comeback Special ) was super-imposed over Ryan's. In the end Celine's performance which was taped the week before and Ryan's performance were then edited together digitally for the seamless video we all got to experience last night! What a feat! I'm so glad that I got to see it! Also, I've tried downloading the video twice now and it stops downloading halfway through. Anyone else having this problem? Quote
stevethefan Posted April 27, 2007 at 01:30 AM Posted April 27, 2007 at 01:30 AM Love those nice still pictures! I love the amount of attention this is getting. How and when did theyadd the AI contestants at the end of the video? Was that done when it was taped a week before or did they somehow add that in last night? Quote
Bellamy Posted April 27, 2007 at 01:32 AM Posted April 27, 2007 at 01:32 AM Also, I've tried downloading the video twice now and it stops downloading halfway through. Anyone else having this problem?You can use Flashget or other similar download manager to download, so you can resume when it stops. Our http download may stop when server get overloaded. BTW, please remember use 2 sessions in download manager only. Please read here for more info:http://www.celinedionforum.com/index.php?showtopic=7803 Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
daney Posted April 27, 2007 at 01:40 AM Posted April 27, 2007 at 01:40 AM What a GREAT video! Its amazing how they could do that. Im a huge Elvis fan and i love Celine! They did a great duet together!! Quote
SimplyCeline Posted April 27, 2007 at 01:53 AM Posted April 27, 2007 at 01:53 AM Absolutely loved the duet! Made me think, she should do a Barbra and release a Duets album! She has bucket loads of them by now! Quote
caseman Posted April 27, 2007 at 02:01 AM Posted April 27, 2007 at 02:01 AM It Was the greatest thing I have ever seen!!!! Quote
karatedude317 Posted April 27, 2007 at 02:14 AM Posted April 27, 2007 at 02:14 AM ABC World News showed Céline and Elvis on AI Entertainment Tonight will focus on the performance as well..I think this duet will be aired on many shows this evening!Would it be possible for someone to please post those? I was at the gym and missed them. I'm glad people are liking this performance. Quote
omalley Posted April 27, 2007 at 02:30 AM Posted April 27, 2007 at 02:30 AM I have just happened upon this site and am so very happy to have found it. I have been a Celine fan for many years. My sister and I are finally hoping to get to Vegas in the fall to see her show. So many things have prevented us in the past, health, family issues, etc, but time for her show is running out, so it is paramount that we make this trip. I saw the Idol Gives Back show last night and was amazed and blown away by the performance by her and Elvis. It was truly memorable. Elvis still Rocks. So I look forward to hanging out here and discovering all the wonderful experiences people have had in their pursuit of following Celine and her career. Have a great week. and thanks for everything, including the great pics of last evening. Quote
sackofnachos Posted April 27, 2007 at 02:31 AM Posted April 27, 2007 at 02:31 AM We already know the opinion of Elvis's fans, but thanks anyway To each is own...I think Celine's part in the "duet" made the song more enjoyable to listen to, for me anyway. Not all Elvis fans have the same opinion, Lawna. Of course you would love the Celine part, this is a Celine Dion message board and you are a fan. I wasn't dismissing her, I was saying that the song loses some power as a duet, yet it was still very cool, and Celine did well. Quote
Lawna Posted April 27, 2007 at 02:33 AM Posted April 27, 2007 at 02:33 AM (edited) Nice to see some Elvis fans joining our little Celine family Edited April 27, 2007 at 02:34 AM by Lawna Quote They go crazy for you because they know you're true. --Celine Dionhttp://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz226/Congenialdiva/myspacelink.jpgFollow Me on Twitter!Visit Me on Facebook!
Love, Posted April 27, 2007 at 02:34 AM Posted April 27, 2007 at 02:34 AM To all the new members...WELCOME! :stud: Quote
ma518123 Posted April 27, 2007 at 02:44 AM Posted April 27, 2007 at 02:44 AM Last night's duet between Celine and Elvis was one of the best TV moments! It brought back so many beautiful memories! Your voice is mesmerizing! Celine! Wish you could do this song in your show one day! Quote
Koolan Posted April 27, 2007 at 02:56 AM Posted April 27, 2007 at 02:56 AM http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/3482/welcomejs4.gif to all the new members. Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
mshoneydarlin Posted April 27, 2007 at 02:58 AM Posted April 27, 2007 at 02:58 AM Does it get any better? Celine and Elvis! Quote
kathyc25 Posted April 27, 2007 at 03:00 AM Posted April 27, 2007 at 03:00 AM WOW! Look at all the new members we got! Vic, Bellamy, your video has created quite a buzz! WELCOME EVERYONE Quote Music Is Life...Live ItYou are the music while the music lasts. ~T.S. Eliot"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney
Loup_garou Posted April 27, 2007 at 03:01 AM Posted April 27, 2007 at 03:01 AM We need SONY to release this as charity Single with both live & studio versions of the song and who knows maybe with extras just Celine and Just Elvis for a total of 4 songs and 1 video Or Maybe release the "anthems" Quincy Jones, Bono, and Dave Stewart wrote for the ceremony and Josh Groban & Annie Lennox's performance along with If i can dream...all in studio recordings Just day dreaming....I'm officially addicted to this song Quote
amigo97 Posted April 27, 2007 at 03:01 AM Posted April 27, 2007 at 03:01 AM Celine will be a part of it. Ryan Seacrest just said "people like Celine Dion are going to be on this stage". So there you go! How did American Idol pull off Celine singing with Elvis, at first I thought it was an Elvis impersonator signing with her but I guess it was all special effects. How did they do that? Quote
caseman Posted April 27, 2007 at 03:09 AM Posted April 27, 2007 at 03:09 AM I,m glad to see the original Idol With my new Idol!!!!!!! Quote
Koolan Posted April 27, 2007 at 03:14 AM Posted April 27, 2007 at 03:14 AM I,m glad to see the original Idol With my new Idol!!!!!!! you are in for a Titanic treat It's so refreshing to see Elvis fans liking Celine after this landmark performance. Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
LVCeline Posted April 27, 2007 at 03:14 AM Posted April 27, 2007 at 03:14 AM I listened to a couple performances Elvis did back in the day, and actually I understand that the song is much better as a solo song, and he sung the crap out of it! He really put his heart and soul into the performance, and it's actually a really great song. Of course I love the duet, but I think it is a better solo performance song on Elvis' part. Quote
kathyc25 Posted April 27, 2007 at 03:19 AM Posted April 27, 2007 at 03:19 AM I listened to a couple performances Elvis did back in the day, and actually I understand that the song is much better as a solo song, and he sung the crap out of it! He really put his heart and soul into the performance, and it's actually a really great song. Of course I love the duet, but I think it is a better solo performance song on Elvis' part. Elvis fans are going to love you now lol Quote Music Is Life...Live ItYou are the music while the music lasts. ~T.S. Eliot"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney
calfonsi Posted April 27, 2007 at 03:29 AM Posted April 27, 2007 at 03:29 AM I listened to a couple performances Elvis did back in the day, and actually I understand that the song is much better as a solo song, and he sung the crap out of it! He really put his heart and soul into the performance, and it's actually a really great song. Of course I love the duet, but I think it is a better solo performance song on Elvis' part.I thought it was very special. Quote
caseman Posted April 27, 2007 at 03:32 AM Posted April 27, 2007 at 03:32 AM This was great, thanks!!!! Quote
micropro Posted April 27, 2007 at 03:38 AM Posted April 27, 2007 at 03:38 AM simpy incredible ! Quote
jimbottnt Posted April 27, 2007 at 03:44 AM Posted April 27, 2007 at 03:44 AM SIMPLY AMAZING!!! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.