Thomas Posted April 26, 2007 at 06:19 PM Posted April 26, 2007 at 06:19 PM I thought it was absolutely amazing! A really special treat for us that I never would have expected. It was really well done too. Wow! Quote
clrblueh2o Posted April 26, 2007 at 06:22 PM Posted April 26, 2007 at 06:22 PM unbelievable!! so wonderful!! so delightful!! Quote
Tal Posted April 26, 2007 at 06:25 PM Author Posted April 26, 2007 at 06:25 PM The Canoe site also linked to our video on youtube!!http://doa.blogue.canoe.com/dominicarpin?p...p;tb=1&pb=1 They even used a screencap containing our logo. http://doa.blogue.canoe.com/mediam/celine.png congrats on all the exposure boys!! just be careful cause Fox might see it, and i know they're pretty strict with posting their stuff on youtube. Quote I live my life like a runawayI hide my dreams in a special placeI'm waiting here for my prince to comeTo save me from the darkness...
nano Posted April 26, 2007 at 06:26 PM Posted April 26, 2007 at 06:26 PM Did anybody post this...sorry if any did. CELINE IS #1 ON iTUNES!!! Higher than Carrie!!woow..amazing. Quote "Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."
René 2 Posted April 26, 2007 at 06:28 PM Posted April 26, 2007 at 06:28 PM I have the impression that the american audience is now aware that Celine dion is still alive (but not Elvis, though...) Quote
Bellamy Posted April 26, 2007 at 06:33 PM Posted April 26, 2007 at 06:33 PM Idol Gives Back show in on iTunes index. No wonder it's the top download. http://www.apple.com/itunes/ http://images.apple.com/itunes/home/images/2007/04/idoltop20070426.jpg Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
Koolan Posted April 26, 2007 at 06:44 PM Posted April 26, 2007 at 06:44 PM I just purchased the video from iTunes Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
DianaLuts Posted April 26, 2007 at 06:47 PM Posted April 26, 2007 at 06:47 PM The show used the magic of television to bring the audience a duet between Celine Dion and Elvis Presley, which isn’t something that needs repeating in the future. this is a quote from msnbc, link is http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18315366/ i don't see much enthusiasm about a duet as incredible as it was. GO CELINE!!!!!!!! Quote
stevo Posted April 26, 2007 at 06:53 PM Posted April 26, 2007 at 06:53 PM (edited) Can't buy it from UK itunes. bastardos Edited April 26, 2007 at 06:54 PM by stevo Quote
kathyc25 Posted April 26, 2007 at 07:12 PM Posted April 26, 2007 at 07:12 PM I just can't stop watching this! Celine and Elvis are so beautiful! They would have made the best looking couple! Go to Getty Images, there are many photos! Do you have a link? I can't see any pictures of her performance there.. Same here...they were there this morning, but now they`re gone Quote Music Is Life...Live ItYou are the music while the music lasts. ~T.S. Eliot"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney
ZoraSourit Posted April 26, 2007 at 07:18 PM Posted April 26, 2007 at 07:18 PM THAT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was like AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! after listening the song... even more after seeing it... It really was history in the making! Go Céline! *Proud to be a Céline fan* Quote http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/zorasourit/2.jpgAntwerp ~ Paris ~ Dublin ~ Amsterdam ~ Berlim ~ Milan ~ ArrasSome people need no slogans or presentations. And that was a wrap, folks!
Litsas Posted April 26, 2007 at 07:27 PM Posted April 26, 2007 at 07:27 PM The pictures aren't on Getty anymore !There are no pictures from the "Idol Gives Back" show on Getty at all, only from the Press Room!Maybe they will be back later this week (Fox has maybe asked Getty to remove the pix temporarily due to copyright issues, maybe Fox want to wait a few days before releasing them to the general public....), you can contact Getty via e-mail or by filling in the form on their contact page.I hope they they will post the pix back on their site as soon as possible! Saskia Quote
Loup_garou Posted April 26, 2007 at 07:29 PM Posted April 26, 2007 at 07:29 PM jajaja ... I've just arrived to 100 counts on my itunes looping the song on and on...I'm just waaaay to in love with it...and waiting 'til the HQ video is back online This performance was just toooooooo much Quote
incognito Posted April 26, 2007 at 07:41 PM Posted April 26, 2007 at 07:41 PM It was awesome. Fox will most probably get the video taken down though. Remove the "American Idol" tag and it might stick around a bit longer. Quote
keny Posted April 26, 2007 at 07:50 PM Posted April 26, 2007 at 07:50 PM I thought someone posted last week that they were there at the taping in LA when it was done LIVE in front of the audience. Remember? So it was live in the sense a studio audience saw it a week ago and then that segment was edited in last night. So it was live, right? I mean if it was mimed, she wouldn't have needed that thing in her ear!Children, all of you need to revisit your definiton of "live" as Céline wasn't there LIVE in person at the actual event but she indeed SANG the song 100% live. They recorded all 6 of her takes of the song and put the best or most lilkely most fitting soundtrack on TV. But it was LIVE of course in the sense that she HAS sung this duet live. Quote
Shaun Posted April 26, 2007 at 07:52 PM Posted April 26, 2007 at 07:52 PM I can safely say that is without doubt the most ABSOLUTELY AMAZING thing I have seen in a long time! Celine Dion, the worlds BEST and BIGGEST selling female artist of ALL TIME(!!!!!) looked amazing, sounded amazing and took part in ANOTHER moment of TV history. Is there anything our girl cannot do? This was seriously awesome. It could've gone so wrong but everything, and I mean everything, about the entire performance was 100% right. Celine (and Elvis) deserve the praise for this and I hope Sony are looking at the feedback and the chart position on Itunes. Get the song out to radio NOW Sony!! Another moment in time that makes us all proud to be Celine fans!!!! Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
sielines Posted April 26, 2007 at 07:56 PM Posted April 26, 2007 at 07:56 PM Celine you are definitely the best!!!! What a great song! Quote
keny Posted April 26, 2007 at 07:57 PM Posted April 26, 2007 at 07:57 PM where did you get the info that it is the top download today. Some sources I have seen say Carrie Underwood's "I'll Stand by You" is the top DL song today. Idol Gives Back show in on iTunes index. No wonder it's the top download. http://www.apple.com/itunes/ http://images.apple.com/itunes/home/images/2007/04/idoltop20070426.jpg Quote
Loup_garou Posted April 26, 2007 at 08:03 PM Posted April 26, 2007 at 08:03 PM I just played in sync both videos from youtube the original from '68 and last night's performance ...and WOOOOOOWWW i think I'm gonna need something to get over this song and performance Quote
Salla Posted April 26, 2007 at 08:08 PM Posted April 26, 2007 at 08:08 PM http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/366/73978078yu8.jpg http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/8918/73978103nw8.jpg wtf at the shoes! But HOLY crap she looks AMAZING!! Quote
Celinefreak05 Posted April 26, 2007 at 08:09 PM Posted April 26, 2007 at 08:09 PM Yes, I was there last week at the taping. Honestly, I think it was all playback. The mics were never turned on when Celine was on stage. when she was talking with the crowd the mic was off...all of the instruments were not on a mic... I guess we'll never know for sure...but, from being there I'd say it was playback. I thought someone posted last week that they were there at the taping in LA when it was done LIVE in front of the audience. Remember? So it was live in the sense a studio audience saw it a week ago and then that segment was edited in last night. So it was live, right? I mean if it was mimed, she wouldn't have needed that thing in her ear!Children, all of you need to revisit your definiton of "live" as Céline wasn't there LIVE in person at the actual event but she indeed SANG the song 100% live. They recorded all 6 of her takes of the song and put the best or most lilkely most fitting soundtrack on TV. But it was LIVE of course in the sense that she HAS sung this duet live. Quote
keny Posted April 26, 2007 at 08:13 PM Posted April 26, 2007 at 08:13 PM For those that do not know, you can put in a review of Celine's video at iTunes. The Video is only $1.99 and is 40 megs of a download. Also, I did not see much of a difference in quality from the HD video here and the one that is carried on itunes. Go tell them she was great. Quote
Ronny83 Posted April 26, 2007 at 08:14 PM Posted April 26, 2007 at 08:14 PM Fans freaked out, mesmerized by televised Celine and Elvis duetBy CASSANDRA SZKLARSKI TORONTO (CP) - A technological feat that allowed Quebec diva Celine Dion to sing alongside the late Elvis Presley had music and tech fans abuzz with wonder and speculation Thursday. Reaction was mixed as couch critics weighed in on the unusual televised duet, which saw an understated Dion and a realistic-looking Presley join voices on the "American Idol" stage to sing his 1968 hit "If I Can Dream" on Wednesday. "That Elvis/Celine thing was too $% ($ creepy," blogger Lady Starblade, wrote at http://ladystarblade.livejournal.com. "I had to leave the room, it freaked me out that bad." The running commentary at Narcissistic Ramblings (http://claena1.livejournal.com/) didn't know what to make of the performance - author "Cleana" had to invent a new word to describe Presley's image: "creeptastic". Others, meanwhile, were mesmerized. "My body became one entire chill bump," 32-year-old Maddie from Alabama wrote on her blog, www.ridicluelessness.blogspot.com "It was the most magnificent thing I've ever seen in my life." The bizarre pairing for the live charity event, "Idol Gives Back," may have been a remarkable experience for TV viewers but it was a spectacle likely unseen by the "Idol" studio audience in Los Angeles. "(Presley's) been edited on there and I'll very, very much guess that the crowd couldn't see him," hologram expert Steve Wilson said from London, pointing out that Presley appears more "real" in some camera angles than others. After reviewing the performance on YouTube.com, Wilson said Presley's image was most likely lifted from a previous taping, digitally remastered and inserted next to Dion. Camera angles that offer inconsistent views of the King suggest this was not a hologram, an image that is projected in three dimensions, added Wilson, whose London firm Dimensional Studios created a hologram performance by Madonna and defunct cartoon band The Gorillaz for the 2006 Grammys. "When they filmed him from the back, it's a bit chunky, a bit like (a computer-generated image), something off a game." Presley's image was mostly likely taken from a 1968 comeback special on NBC, in which he offers an impassioned version of "If I Can Dream" in the same white suit, but against a simple dark backdrop bearing his name in lights. It would have been a fairly straightforward job to cut out his silhouette and use a "green screen" to place him on the "Idol" set, said Wilson. However it was done, it would have been a costly endeavour, he added. "That's good quality, that probably would have had quite a lot of money spent on it," says Wilson, estimating such a job would run between US$50,000 to $100,000. "It's not cheap, it's not even a quick job. It's months and months of animation, there's a lot of work going into there." Although somewhat novel to North America, the stunt is a bit of a phenomenon in the U.K. where several stars have sung with their idols on the BBC show "Duet Impossible." On the show, footage of legendary performers are superimposed alongside current pop stars. So far, it has featured musical collaborations between Westlife and the late Roy Orbison; Sugababes and the late Dusty Springfield; and Boy George and himself, but as he appeared 23 years earlier. Wilson says his project with the Gorillaz and Madonna last year was all hologram. The only real bit was an appearance by De La Soul, who rap over "Feel Good Inc." - On the Net: http://youtube.com/watch?voQZXlCDZYEE http://youtube.com/watch?v6n8sCK2PKlQ&...ated&search Quote The Celine Dion Italian fanbase - CelineDionItalia.com
merciceline Posted April 26, 2007 at 08:48 PM Posted April 26, 2007 at 08:48 PM Unbelievable, she"s amazing Quote
Salla Posted April 26, 2007 at 08:58 PM Posted April 26, 2007 at 08:58 PM ahh. I can't stop watching it! I adore the song! Quote
PopMusicBoy Posted April 26, 2007 at 09:02 PM Posted April 26, 2007 at 09:02 PM Wow, what a treat! ;D Quote
celineaddictedpt Posted April 26, 2007 at 09:09 PM Posted April 26, 2007 at 09:09 PM i thought i had seen everything and now i just can't believe in what they did... what a performance!! Elvis was sooo soo really... GOD!! I'm sorry but i'm really with it Celine was GREAT!!! Yesterday's night will be in my mind forever...it was unbelivable!!! Quote www.fotolog.net/celineaddicted5
Fleur de Lys Posted April 26, 2007 at 09:30 PM Posted April 26, 2007 at 09:30 PM Mmmmmmmm ! It's so BEAUTIFUL and WONDERFUL too !!!! Quote Venez découvrir mes créations de Céline Dion & Jane Seymourhttp://img2.imageshack.us/img2/9843/972fleurdelysskyrockcom.jpg
Javier_Natalio Posted April 26, 2007 at 09:57 PM Posted April 26, 2007 at 09:57 PM Perfect!!! And #1 on Itunes?!?! Amazing!! go go Celine! 2 #1 on a week!! That IS right, this is a huge week for her, n° 1 downloaded Itunes video in the US and n°1 single in france... wow! and most importantly, looking good! Quote
rome Posted April 26, 2007 at 09:59 PM Posted April 26, 2007 at 09:59 PM I just have to write on this again!!!!!! I've been watching it for hours now... I can't stop!!! That's how much I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Celine is the Queen of music!!!!!!!!!! Oh! and I loved that little mic drop right before the "right now" part... so adorable!!!!!!! Quote http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/5142/90074349.jpgThe three best reasons to love the art of music.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.