Jump to content

Celine & Elvis duet on American Idol "Idol Gives Back"


Recommended Posts

Posted

i know i'm a bit late but the performance was great!! :giggle:

this is what it's all about - celine sounded amazing , looked beautiful and was as classy as ever .

she gave alot of respect to elvis , maybe too much at that final note but still , in 10 years if people r going to remmember something from that night it will be their performance :giggle:

 

the smartest move right now would be to release this song as a single to the radio stations in the u.s but i dont really expect sony to do it...it could easily be her new top 10 hit there with all the hype and everything .

 

overall - great performance . and how great was josh?!?! yeahhh i know alot of people got tired of this song but he just sounded sooooooooooooo good :whistling:

Posted

as fans can we do something to try n get this released as a single asap, maybe team up with elvis forums i dunno...

this has to be released globally....

Presley family I think are the main ppl to authorise this though....

Posted
It sounds like (from comments I read on the Elvis forum) that his Estate does not want to release it as a single.

I live my life like a runaway

I hide my dreams in a special place

I'm waiting here for my prince to come

To save me from the darkness...

Posted (edited)

thats crazy to approve of the performance, the only artist aloud to perform like this next to him so far, on a programme to be shown around the world which has the highest downloads on itunes, youtube views, and so many geat reviews both online and in the media..etc

and then say no to releasing it as a single,when they released some remixes of elvis songs with mostly unknown djs a few years back, that weren't bad but, they are nothing compared to this!!! I hope they and celine's people do see the potential in this.... :(

Edited by Ire23
Posted (edited)
i hate american idol, and ryan seacrest.

 

the technical effects were really cool, but i dont think celine did her best. she let elvis take the show which i was a little disapointed.

 

Did you really saw and listened the performance? lol

Edited by ZoraSourit

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/zorasourit/2.jpg

Antwerp ~ Paris ~ Dublin ~ Amsterdam ~ Berlim ~ Milan ~ Arras

Some people need no slogans or presentations.

 

 

 

And that was a wrap, folks!

Posted
i hate american idol, and ryan seacrest.

 

the technical effects were really cool, but i dont think celine did her best. she let elvis take the show which i was a little disapointed.

 

Did you really saw and listened the performance? lol

 

 

:doh: yeah ...

Posted
I hadn´t already seen that kind of picture, with the real person next to Céline. That´s what the audience really saw, right? There is another nice thing : Céline used a microphone just like the one used by EP at the time. Nice detail.

Yes, that's what the audience really saw. And Celine used to use a wired white microphone like this during her Falling Into Your Tour like the pic in Thomas signature.

 

http://i17.tinypic.com/2hn6k1w.jpg

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Posted (edited)
as fans can we do something to try n get this released as a single asap, maybe team up with elvis forums i dunno...

this has to be released globally....

Presley family I think are the main ppl to authorise this though....

 

 

It sounds like (from comments I read on the Elvis forum) that his Estate does not want to release it as a single.

 

 

thats crazy to approve of the performance, the only artist aloud to perform like this next to him so far, on a programme to be shown around the world which has the highest downloads on itunes, youtube views, and so many geat reviews both online and in the media..etc

and then say no to releasing it as a single,when they released some remixes of elvis songs with mostly unknown djs a few years back, that weren't bad but, they are nothing compared to this!!! I hope they and celine's people do see the potential in this.... :(

 

 

Hey not so fast!!!!!! Take a look at what Rene Angelil said in an interview with Journal De Montreal:

"I can't exclude that this song will be part of Celine's forthcoming album in english."

 

If it's to be on the album, that means MAYBE it COULD end up being a single. Fingers crossed!

 

I found that on Celinemaniacs.com!!!!!!

Edited by karatedude317
Posted (edited)
i hate american idol, and ryan seacrest.

 

the technical effects were really cool, but i dont think celine did her best. she let elvis take the show which i was a little disapointed.

 

You guys....I've been trying to tell you that Celine was holding back...watch the clip below and listen to the commentary...Celine kept neutral so that she wouldn't out do Elvis...which is why so many people saw this as Celine not sing with emotion. I'm really passionate about this topic because I know Celine could have out did Elvis if she wanted to, but as gracious as Celine is, she took a step back and let him have the spotlight.

 

They talk about how this video was made...also they explain exactly what I was trying to say...about Celine trying to not outshine Elvis (like we know she could if she wanted too!!!)

 

Edited by Lawna
Posted

I don't know why they wouldn't want to release it. I can't get enough of it and I can't get it out of my head. It is such a wonderful song and the duet makes it even better. :kicking:

 

It sounds like (from comments I read on the Elvis forum) that his Estate does not want to release it as a single.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/512/ohiostate03aq9.gif

Scarletgrey

===============

OSU!! GO BUCKS!!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

Posted
this would be awesome, every forum i go to people say they should do it. :kicking: :clap: :msn-tongue:
Posted

It'd be interesting, but it's also quite unrealistic. Slim, slim, slim chance that this will ever happen. Very slim.

But, it would be neat if they did. ^_^

http://i58.tinypic.com/2qbub9c.png

 

@ErikaTran | Insta: aireexwp | erikatran.com

Posted
It'd be interesting, but it's also quite unrealistic. Slim, slim, slim chance that this will ever happen. Very slim.

But, it would be neat if they did. ^_^

it's possible. they should capitalize on this while it's hot, it would sure to go to #1 all over the world. this is just what Celine needs to get people interseted again since the titanic days.
Posted
It'd be interesting, but it's also quite unrealistic. Slim, slim, slim chance that this will ever happen. Very slim.

But, it would be neat if they did. ^_^

 

it's possible. they should capitalize on this while it's hot, it would sure to go to #1 all over the world. this is just what Celine needs to get people interseted again since the titanic days.

 

It probably wouldn't go AS big as the Titanic era. It's just not the same. Sure it would be nice, but it's quite doubtful that they'll do it. If they were to do it, it would've been announced long before the performance.

http://i58.tinypic.com/2qbub9c.png

 

@ErikaTran | Insta: aireexwp | erikatran.com

Posted

Does anyone know if there is anywhere I can see the duet between Celine and Elvis?? I saw about two seconds of it on our news over here. We don't get American Idol in Australia :down: What I did see of it, it looked amazing!! I hope they do bring it out as a single that would be fantastic!

 

Jo

Posted
from what i hear his estate is owned by the same company that owns AI, so i think they would release it as a single. :w00t:
Posted
Does anyone know if there is anywhere I can see the duet between Celine and Elvis?? I saw about two seconds of it on our news over here. We don't get American Idol in Australia :down: What I did see of it, it looked amazing!! I hope they do bring it out as a single that would be fantastic!

 

Jo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agZTP7I0994
Posted

:w00t: she sounded amazing!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

 

yay for being the #1 video on iTunes still! wow

Posted
It's a great performance!! I love that so much!!
Posted

E! News talked about the duet on the weekend news show, Ryan said Celine is Guiliana DePandi's favorite singer. :w00t: That's news to me.

 

http://www.celebopedia.com/giuliana-depandi/images/giuliana-depandi.jpg

highfive.jpg

Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below.

Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.

Posted
E! News talked about the duet on the weekend news show, Ryan said Celine is Guiliana DePandi's favorite singer. :w00t: That's news to me.

 

http://www.celebopedia.com/giuliana-depandi/images/giuliana-depandi.jpg

 

I hope it wasn't sarcasm. She didn't seem too keen on her outfit for the Oscars.

Posted

cant just wait to hear that

 

ok

 

thanks

 

great

 

Celine will be a part of it. Ryan Seacrest just said "people like Celine Dion are going to be on this stage".

 

So there you go! :D

great

 

I'm very proud of celine :blushing1:

 

this song is immense like celine

Posted
I'm just in love with this song, but I don't want it as a single... Sorry. I prefer something brand new and different.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ejungtQy1r9swpco6_250.gif

Posted
it was a stunning duet...loved it!!!! :wub: :wub:
Posted
E! News talked about the duet on the weekend news show, Ryan said Celine is Guiliana DePandi's favorite singer. :w00t: That's news to me.

 

http://www.celebopedia.com/giuliana-depandi/images/giuliana-depandi.jpg

 

vic , i dont think she likes her . judging from comments she made in the past about her :msn-wink:

Posted

If i can dream - Elvis & Celine duet is GREAT!!

 

The two voice's are special.

Posted
Hey not so fast!!!!!! Take a look at what Rene Angelil said in an interview with Journal De Montreal:

"I can't exclude that this song will be part of Celine's forthcoming album in english."

 

If it's to be on the album, that means MAYBE it COULD end up being a single. Fingers crossed!

 

I found that on Celinemaniacs.com!!!!!!

 

That bit of text wasn't translated properly..

 

In French it says this: "René Angélil exclut de commercialiser la chanson sur un disque futur de Céline Dion."

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY

Posted

if it's not released as a single right now there is no point releasing it in the future after people will already forget about it .

i'd rather have more new songs instead of songs we already heard like "i knew i loved u" or this one .

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...