Koolan Posted May 6, 2007 at 05:04 AM Posted May 6, 2007 at 05:04 AM Still no HQ photos on gettyimages Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
Salla Posted May 6, 2007 at 08:39 AM Posted May 6, 2007 at 08:39 AM Just in case someone from Finland is reading this. Idol Gives Back is on tonight at 7 p.m. on Subtv! Quote
Pearlvoice Posted May 6, 2007 at 01:14 PM Posted May 6, 2007 at 01:14 PM Ok, you'll either throw tomatoes or rotten eggs at me, or maybe both, but I can't help myself - I think it was just utterly tasteless to have her run across the stage with the hologram Elvis. The man is DEAD!! That's just my humble opinion but for my taste that just goes too far!! Mix the voices up if you like, have him appear on a screen behind her, but not let them run across the stage together!! It gives me the creeps. To me that was just overstepping the line. Do we know if Elvis would've WANTED to sing with her? Does he have a chance to fend this off? He left us his voice but I think at least his body should rest in peace. I'm a die hard Celine fan but this is the first time I really didn't like what she did there ... Quote
Céline's Blues Posted May 6, 2007 at 01:18 PM Posted May 6, 2007 at 01:18 PM (edited) Nice to know they have shown an UNKNOWN footage to me of Céline RUNNING around the bloody stage in Germany!!! WOW! It was surely shown on RTL2 news! Edited May 6, 2007 at 01:19 PM by Céline's Blues Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
stevo Posted May 6, 2007 at 04:30 PM Posted May 6, 2007 at 04:30 PM Hehe. Seb, you're so cheeky! Yeah she hardly ran about slapping the holographic Elvis on his arse! I think it was very tastefully done. Elvis has left a legacy whether he likes it or not- and we're so lucky Lisa Marie said a big YES to Celine. It's the most played song on my iTunes en ce moment. Lurrrve it Quote
Loup_garou Posted May 7, 2007 at 04:09 AM Posted May 7, 2007 at 04:09 AM ok guys does anyone now about the sales of the video.....??? I just found this about Carrie Underwood single...what would have hapended if they had release the duet as a single...my humble guess......way more sales than this Carrie Underwood sets iTunes record Posted May 6th 2007 10:00AM by Erica SadunFiled under: iTSThe question of Sanjaya's hair-styles aside, American Idol is a music phenomenon. Carrie Underwood's American Idol Gives Back recording of "I'll Stand by You" just became the first iTunes-exclusive track to debut in the Billboard Hot 100's Top 10 according to Country Standard Time. "I'll Stand By You" is set to appear at #6 on that top ten list for the week ending May 12th. Apparently there have only been six on-line releases to debut in the Top 10 and "I'll Stand By You" is "the only track to do so without having been serviced to radio for airplay", selling nearly 125 thousand copies since it debuted in late April. iTunes will donate net proceeds from "Idol Gives Back" singles and videos to the Charity Projects Entertainment Fund. Quote
Clari Posted May 7, 2007 at 05:12 AM Posted May 7, 2007 at 05:12 AM (edited) Ugh... imagine what would've happen if they had released it as an audio song. They missed a great opportunity. Edited May 7, 2007 at 05:13 AM by Clari Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/CelineSmiles/hamster.gif CLARiSSA Xxx... "Music touches every sense. It can move you to tears, bring joy to your heart, stir sexual passion, evoke memories, and prompt physical responses of all kinds." -Benoît Jutras
practicalmagic Posted May 7, 2007 at 05:52 AM Posted May 7, 2007 at 05:52 AM i just still cant believe the power of her voice, i pray her career will last forever. Quote
brasilero Posted May 7, 2007 at 06:23 AM Posted May 7, 2007 at 06:23 AM Ugh... imagine what would've happen if they had released it as an audio song. They missed a great opportunity. yea they are very stupid. hopefully they'll put it on Celine's new album though Quote
Javier_Natalio Posted May 7, 2007 at 08:32 AM Posted May 7, 2007 at 08:32 AM (edited) Carrie Underwood sets iTunes record Posted May 6th 2007 10:00AM by Erica SadunFiled under: iTSThe question of Sanjaya's hair-styles aside, American Idol is a music phenomenon. Carrie Underwood's American Idol Gives Back recording of "I'll Stand by You" just became the first iTunes-exclusive track to debut in the Billboard Hot 100's Top 10 according to Country Standard Time. "I'll Stand By You" is set to appear at #6 on that top ten list for the week ending May 12th. Apparently there have only been six on-line releases to debut in the Top 10 and "I'll Stand By You" is "the only track to do so without having been serviced to radio for airplay", selling nearly 125 thousand copies since it debuted in late April. iTunes will donate net proceeds from "Idol Gives Back" singles and videos to the Charity Projects Entertainment Fund. Ohhhhh that should have been Céline's record, crap! but you know they don't want Céline to be a singles artist, they want her to sell the whole album, so they are keeping this hit as fill-out for the new English record so they can make sure they have a hit album, so if she doesn't have any huge hits but the album sells 10 million in the US then Sony and Rene are happy. Edited May 7, 2007 at 08:34 AM by wacko.javo Quote
nature boy Posted May 7, 2007 at 09:50 AM Posted May 7, 2007 at 09:50 AM Is this Carrie song available anywhere in the UK? Love Carrie!! Quote http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/3239/kylieima5lp9.jpg How do you describe a feeling??
hillbillycat Posted May 7, 2007 at 07:01 PM Posted May 7, 2007 at 07:01 PM Hi Celine fans! I normally frequent the Elvis message boards some of you have been visiting, and I thought I'd just pop in to say how much I enjoyed Celine's duet with the King on American Idol. It brought tears to my eyes, the first time I saw it. Some EP fans have made some rather harsh comments about Celine's performance, but I for one thought she did a good job. She looked great and sang well. If I was being hyper critical, I would say her style was more country than gospel on the night, but even so, it did complement Elvis' vocals. She showed restraint in her singing and came over as very sweet and respectful. It's a shame that this is not going to be released as a single. They have the perfect video to go with it. The technical wizardy that went into this production was awesome. It really seemed that Elvis was back in the building! Ciao. Quote
nano Posted May 7, 2007 at 07:10 PM Posted May 7, 2007 at 07:10 PM Hi and welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed the duet...so did we. It's amazing how modern technology can do such things..never in a million years I would've thought that Celine and Elvis would be on the same stage. I agree with you that this duet should've been released as a single..I think it would've been a hit. Quote "Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."
hillbillycat Posted May 7, 2007 at 07:17 PM Posted May 7, 2007 at 07:17 PM The duet was the best thing on the night! Wish it was available on iTunes in the UK. Quote
f4jock Posted May 8, 2007 at 06:15 PM Posted May 8, 2007 at 06:15 PM The Elvis thing was great. Now, how can I download it please! Quote
brasilero Posted May 8, 2007 at 06:17 PM Posted May 8, 2007 at 06:17 PM they are really missing the boat on this one by not releasing the duet as a single. how STUPID!!!! it would definately go to #1 for weeks if they did release it Quote
JP Posted May 8, 2007 at 06:25 PM Posted May 8, 2007 at 06:25 PM they are really missing the boat on this one by not releasing the duet as a single. how STUPID!!!! it would definately go to #1 for weeks if they did release it Maybe the cost of the right for Elvis was too expensive..Some things are weird sometimes in this business, i don't think the right of the video and the right of the audio are the same thing Quote http://static-illicoweb.videotron.com/illicoweb/static/webtv/images/content/player/TVA_Celine_Dion_Sans_Attendre_Vf_WT_Poster.jpg
pozzy5 Posted May 8, 2007 at 08:44 PM Posted May 8, 2007 at 08:44 PM How did they do this, it looked and sounded amazing. Must be one of Celine's best duets Quote
Shaun Posted May 8, 2007 at 09:21 PM Posted May 8, 2007 at 09:21 PM It's perhaps best remembered for the event that it was on the night and not released as a single. I have no doubt that it would be successful as a single but Sony clearly want to take Celine in a different direction with this new English album and releasing a duet with Elvis would not enhance the image they want to give her, no offence intended. Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
winforlife Posted May 9, 2007 at 12:21 AM Posted May 9, 2007 at 12:21 AM Tonight Barry Gibb is the guest singer. The duet between Céline and the Bee Gees singing Immortality was shown Not earth shattering news,but I thought people might be interested. I love the Bee Gees. I doubt the final contestants will do any of their songs justice. It's not a great season Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/LKlafter1/1367035680_small.jpg
brasilero Posted May 9, 2007 at 06:16 AM Posted May 9, 2007 at 06:16 AM Tonight Barry Gibb is the guest singer. The duet between Céline and the Bee Gees singing Immortality was shown Not earth shattering news,but I thought people might be interested. I love the Bee Gees. I doubt the final contestants will do any of their songs justice. It's not a great season since Sanjaya left the show sucked Quote
jaobrien Posted May 9, 2007 at 03:03 PM Posted May 9, 2007 at 03:03 PM I love it! Could I please download the mp3 for it? Quote
stevo Posted May 9, 2007 at 03:07 PM Posted May 9, 2007 at 03:07 PM follow the link in green at the top of this page for the vid and mp3 Quote
scarletgrey Posted May 9, 2007 at 09:25 PM Posted May 9, 2007 at 09:25 PM And they didn't do any of the songs justice. Even Melinda, who can sing most anything, was not as good as she usually is. Now Blake really butchered the song. It was absolutely horrible. I hope he is the next to go. I am interested to watch Barry tonight. Tonight Barry Gibb is the guest singer. The duet between Céline and the Bee Gees singing Immortality was shown Not earth shattering news,but I thought people might be interested. I love the Bee Gees. I doubt the final contestants will do any of their songs justice. It's not a great season since Sanjaya left the show sucked Quote http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/512/ohiostate03aq9.gifScarletgrey===============OSU!! GO BUCKS!!!GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!
tlshan Posted May 10, 2007 at 04:30 AM Posted May 10, 2007 at 04:30 AM Celine and Elvis are my two favorite singers. When I saw this duet I was totally blown away. I don't know how it was done, but it was incredible. I'am hoping it will be on her next upcoming album because it will make it an instant best seller. Thank you, P. ShannonEastern Tennessee Quote
brasilero Posted May 10, 2007 at 05:14 AM Posted May 10, 2007 at 05:14 AM Celine and Elvis are my two favorite singers. When I saw this duet I was totally blown away. I don't know how it was done, but it was incredible. I'am hoping it will be on her next upcoming album because it will make it an instant best seller. Thank you, P. ShannonEastern Tennesseeactaully alot of people are signing the petion asking for them to include the duet Quote
nano Posted May 10, 2007 at 06:42 AM Posted May 10, 2007 at 06:42 AM (edited) Celine and Elvis are my two favorite singers. When I saw this duet I was totally blown away. I don't know how it was done, but it was incredible. I'am hoping it will be on her next upcoming album because it will make it an instant best seller. Thank you, P. ShannonEastern TennesseeHi and Welcome.. The duet is going to stay in the music history as a shocking/breathtaking/impossible duet. It's fun to see what the modern technology can do, I know it's not that difficult to do such effects, thanks to computers...but still everytime I see such things my jaw drops..lol... I hope that the duet is going to be released in some form on Celine's album or maybe on her English single (b-side). Don't know..but I'm sure if they decided to release the song..it will be a HIT. Edited May 10, 2007 at 06:44 AM by nano Quote "Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.