fred Posted June 22, 2007 at 11:36 AM Posted June 22, 2007 at 11:36 AM (edited) I wasn't at all prepared for this. As a fan of both artists this is somewhat extraordinary. I have long secretly wished for her to do an Elvis tribute album. I am a bit against these duets with late artists, since there is only one of them who knows it's a duet. If I Can Dream itself is one of the most fantastic songs written, and should be the national anthem if I ever got my own country. It was both wierd and fun to see them in this special duet. At first I thought that Céline's performance was nothing special and somewhat weak. But after listening to the mp3 and not watching the video I hhave to take it back. There is nothing to complain about in her performance. She sounds superb. HOWEVER I wish she could had loosen up a bit and put a bit more soul than technique into it, with some rocky screams which Elvis so great puts into this song, but I guess Céline was frightned into technical perfection knowing so many judging eyes were going to be on her, since she is an inspiration for many of the contestants in American Idol, in this performance. So I don't blame her for her holding on to technical perfection and not daring to let herself go into it with a more soulful interpretion. I am still longing for the day when Céline's gonna "loose it"(don't give damn about the perfection pressure) on stage and scream and rock in a performance like Janis Joplin. AND, does anyone have this performance without the annoying edited audience??? I would had prefered them to exclude the sound from the "audience" in the video, since it feels extremely fake. /fred Edited June 22, 2007 at 11:38 AM by fred Quote Peace and love to all.
Au coeur de Céline Posted June 27, 2007 at 04:07 PM Posted June 27, 2007 at 04:07 PM That was amazing!Thank you so much! Quote "Every step I take for youI will always defend, never pretendThat every breath I take for loveI could never be wrong, the journey is longWith miles to go before I sleep, miles to go before I sleep..."http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6081/cline44gs4.jpg
scarletgrey Posted June 27, 2007 at 07:20 PM Posted June 27, 2007 at 07:20 PM I haven't heard this song, so I can't judge it. Is there a place where I can listen to it? Also is there a place that I can get the Elvis duet in audio with no video? I still can't seem to save the video to a disc nor does it go into my MP4 player. It says it was synched to it, but it is nowhere in there. Any suggestions? I am pretty frustrated. Quote http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/512/ohiostate03aq9.gifScarletgrey===============OSU!! GO BUCKS!!!GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!
fred Posted June 27, 2007 at 07:31 PM Posted June 27, 2007 at 07:31 PM (edited) You can watch it on youtube.com here, the picture quality ain't that good but the sound is ok: http://youtube.com/watch?v=tD5u3eZvcUw /fred Edited June 27, 2007 at 07:32 PM by fred Quote Peace and love to all.
scarletgrey Posted June 27, 2007 at 07:33 PM Posted June 27, 2007 at 07:33 PM You can watch it via youtube.com here, the picture quality ain't that good but the sound is ok: <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD5u3eZvcUw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD5u3eZvcUw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object> /fred I will go ahead and try that. Quote http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/512/ohiostate03aq9.gifScarletgrey===============OSU!! GO BUCKS!!!GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!
scarletgrey Posted June 27, 2007 at 07:35 PM Posted June 27, 2007 at 07:35 PM You can watch it on youtube.com here, the picture quality ain't that good but the sound is ok: http://youtube.com/watch?v=tD5u3eZvcUw /fred 'That was the Elvis duet. I was talking about Celine's Single "I surrender"? Quote http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/512/ohiostate03aq9.gifScarletgrey===============OSU!! GO BUCKS!!!GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!
fred Posted June 27, 2007 at 07:39 PM Posted June 27, 2007 at 07:39 PM You can watch it on youtube.com here, the picture quality ain't that good but the sound is ok: http://youtube.com/watch?v=tD5u3eZvcUw /fred 'That was the Elvis duet. I was talking about Celine's Single "I surrender"? What?! /fred Quote Peace and love to all.
Koolan Posted June 27, 2007 at 07:43 PM Posted June 27, 2007 at 07:43 PM You can watch it on youtube.com here, the picture quality ain't that good but the sound is ok: http://youtube.com/watch?v=tD5u3eZvcUw /fred 'That was the Elvis duet. I was talking about Celine's Single "I surrender"? You replied in the wrong thread then. Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
scarletgrey Posted June 28, 2007 at 02:11 AM Posted June 28, 2007 at 02:11 AM You can watch it on youtube.com here, the picture quality ain't that good but the sound is ok: http://youtube.com/watch?v=tD5u3eZvcUw /fred 'That was the Elvis duet. I was talking about Celine's Single "I surrender"? What?! /fred I went to the link you told me to, but it was the Elvis Duet video. I was talking about Celine's new song "I surrender". I can't recommend it without hearing it first. Quote http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/512/ohiostate03aq9.gifScarletgrey===============OSU!! GO BUCKS!!!GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!
Bellamy Posted June 28, 2007 at 10:37 AM Posted June 28, 2007 at 10:37 AM I went to the link you told me to, but it was the Elvis Duet video. I was talking about Celine's new song "I surrender". I can't recommend it without hearing it first.Listen to A New Day Has Come album released in 2002. I Surrender is not a new song. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
scarletgrey Posted June 28, 2007 at 10:22 PM Posted June 28, 2007 at 10:22 PM I went to the link you told me to, but it was the Elvis Duet video. I was talking about Celine's new song "I surrender". I can't recommend it without hearing it first.Listen to A New Day Has Come album released in 2002. I Surrender is not a new song. I remember the song now. I thought it was called, "I'm Alive". I do like it a lot. So now how do I vote? Quote http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/512/ohiostate03aq9.gifScarletgrey===============OSU!! GO BUCKS!!!GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!
LindaW Posted June 30, 2007 at 02:01 AM Posted June 30, 2007 at 02:01 AM Celine is worth watching no matter where. Can't wait to see her. Quote
brasilero Posted June 30, 2007 at 06:07 AM Posted June 30, 2007 at 06:07 AM (edited) I wasn't at all prepared for this. As a fan of both artists this is somewhat extraordinary. I have long secretly wished for her to do an Elvis tribute album. I am a bit against these duets with late artists, since there is only one of them who knows it's a duet. If I Can Dream itself is one of the most fantastic songs written, and should be the national anthem if I ever got my own country. It was both wierd and fun to see them in this special duet. At first I thought that Céline's performance was nothing special and somewhat weak. But after listening to the mp3 and not watching the video I hhave to take it back. There is nothing to complain about in her performance. She sounds superb. HOWEVER I wish she could had loosen up a bit and put a bit more soul than technique into it, with some rocky screams which Elvis so great puts into this song, but I guess Céline was frightned into technical perfection knowing so many judging eyes were going to be on her, since she is an inspiration for many of the contestants in American Idol, in this performance. So I don't blame her for her holding on to technical perfection and not daring to let herself go into it with a more soulful interpretion. I am still longing for the day when Céline's gonna "loose it"(don't give damn about the perfection pressure) on stage and scream and rock in a performance like Janis Joplin. AND, does anyone have this performance without the annoying edited audience??? I would had prefered them to exclude the sound from the "audience" in the video, since it feels extremely fake. /fred Ok i have to give you some info on this. Celine had to sing a certain way and all her parts, both singing and moving on stage were rehearsed over and over and choregraphed right down to the turn of her head to look at elvis. . she was very restrained on how she could move, or even wave her arms which she couldnt do , thats because it had to blend perfectly into the shot with elvis. and her singing parts were also restrained, she couldnt do any ad-libs or runs. she had to only sing those certain lines without "bleeding" into elvis's sound bytes. the best that Celine could ever hope to do under those circumstances was to sing all her parts as technically perfect as possible. since she wasn't allowed to do much anything else.. i got all this info by watching various shows on tv (american and canadian), and youtube about the technical aspects of the performance of which i have condensed and regurgitated in a summary.. I haven't heard this song, so I can't judge it. Is there a place where I can listen to it? Also is there a place that I can get the Elvis duet in audio with no video? I still can't seem to save the video to a disc nor does it go into my MP4 player. It says it was synched to it, but it is nowhere in there. Any suggestions? I am pretty frustrated. did youjustsay mp4? there's your problem right there. heard those things are finicky... You can watch it on youtube.com here, the picture quality ain't that good but the sound is ok: http://youtube.com/watch?v=tD5u3eZvcUw /fred 'That was the Elvis duet. I was talking about Celine's Single "I surrender"? You replied in the wrong thread then. Edited June 30, 2007 at 06:10 AM by brasilero Quote
LindaW Posted June 30, 2007 at 07:18 PM Posted June 30, 2007 at 07:18 PM Celine absolutely rocks. Quote
Celinesongs Posted June 30, 2007 at 10:14 PM Posted June 30, 2007 at 10:14 PM I loved Celine's performance with Elvis. They did a great job. It really looked like they were on stage together! Quote "...I offer what you cannot buy, devoted love, until we die" ~Je t'aime, Céline! http://www.celinerific.com/Gallery/CelineRene/CelineRene26.jpg
donny273 Posted August 6, 2007 at 06:26 PM Posted August 6, 2007 at 06:26 PM This was so amazing. Celine & Elvis. What could be better. Quote
CSCfan Posted August 15, 2007 at 09:29 AM Posted August 15, 2007 at 09:29 AM This week, for the second time since his “live” duet with Celine Dion a few months ago before a live audience on American Idol, Elvis will be back “live,” this time with his original band from way back. Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
fred Posted August 19, 2007 at 03:56 PM Posted August 19, 2007 at 03:56 PM Will there be a "studio version" of this performance avalible? I can't stand the fake edited in applauses... it ruins the song. /fred Quote Peace and love to all.
Bellamy Posted August 19, 2007 at 04:25 PM Posted August 19, 2007 at 04:25 PM Will there be a "studio version" of this performance avalible? I can't stand the fake edited in applauses... it ruins the song. /fredI doubt it. But Celine sang Can't Help Falling In Love With You in A New Day this week for the 30th anniversary of Elvis death. And according to fans attended the shows, TV station recorded the song for a documentary of Elvis. Source:http://www.celinedionforum.com/index.php?showtopic=25463http://www.celinedionforum.com/index.php?showtopic=25494 Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
Koolan Posted August 19, 2007 at 05:14 PM Posted August 19, 2007 at 05:14 PM It's not certain whether it's going to be on Elvis or Celine documentary on PBS. Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
anewdayhascome Posted August 20, 2007 at 11:23 AM Posted August 20, 2007 at 11:23 AM it's great! Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
neversosimple Posted August 20, 2007 at 12:59 PM Posted August 20, 2007 at 12:59 PM it wont let me download it Quote
ANewDay... Posted August 20, 2007 at 02:28 PM Posted August 20, 2007 at 02:28 PM not surprsingly, it was another great performance by CELINE... - ANewDay... Quote
gjnuhfer Posted August 23, 2007 at 02:11 AM Posted August 23, 2007 at 02:11 AM Great Job Well preformed We loved it Was a great preformance. Looking forward for the next event Quote
Tina Cherilee Posted August 26, 2007 at 04:17 AM Posted August 26, 2007 at 04:17 AM I think this video is incredible. I hope that it will be released locally, so we can still give back to the causes. Quote
Bellamy Posted September 11, 2007 at 12:32 AM Posted September 11, 2007 at 12:32 AM The American Idol took home its first Emmy in six years, for its technical direction during a special feature with Celine Dion. The Primetime Emmys will be aired on September 16.http://www.andpop.com/article/9913Outstanding Multi-camera Picture Editing For A Series American Idol • Idol Gives Back • Fox • FremantleMedia N.A., Inc. & 19TV Ltd.Bill DeRonde, Supervising EditorOren Castro, EditorGus Comegys, EditorJohn Cox, EditorPatrick Franks, EditorNarumi Inatsugu, EditorPeter Tim Perniciaro, EditorJeff Roe, EditorRyan Tanner, Editor Outstanding Technical Direction, Camerawork, Video For A Miniseries, Movie Or A Special American Idol • Idol Gives Back • Fox • FremantleMedia N.A., Inc. & 19TV Ltd.John Pritchett, Technical DirectorDamien Tuffereau, CameraSuzanne Ebner, CameraJohn Repczynski, CameraGeorge Prince, CameraEaster Xua, CameraAlex Hernandez, CameraDave Eastwood, CameraBobby Highton, CameraRay Gonzales, CameraVince Singletary, CameraBert Atkinson, CameraBrian Reason, CameraEd Horton, CameraRick Edwards, CameraRichard Strock, CameraRob Vuona, CameraMike Tribble, CameraHector Ramirez, CameraBrad Zerbst, CameraGarrett Hurt, CameraDanny Bonilla, CameraDave Hilmer, CameraMarc Hunter, CameraMark Sanford, Video Control Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
tigerdyr82 Posted September 11, 2007 at 08:30 PM Posted September 11, 2007 at 08:30 PM can't wait for the new album!! Quote
Hica19 Posted September 29, 2007 at 04:37 AM Posted September 29, 2007 at 04:37 AM Sorry this might be old news, but I only just joined this forum tonight! Just wanted to say I went to the Celine Dion taping for Idol Gives Back live! Out of the 5 times I've been on Idol Tonight (pre-show for American Idol Elimination nights) and two live elimination shows, this was the best Idol related experience ever!!! She was just so amazing! I screamed so loud I lost my voice. I saw somwehre in the row where the judges' tables would have been. Too bad I don't look like Paula Abdul from the back or else I could have sat dead center front row. But I can't complain. What went on with the taping was that Celine brought an Elvis Impersonator from Vegas to lipsynch and do all the moves that Elvis did in that one video. Then I'm sure they did a bunch of computer editiing to past the real elvis onto hte impersonator. In between tapings, there is this one guy in the audience who serenaded Celine by singing "A New Day Has Come". He's actually really good and you could see how impressed Celine was. Man, she's just so awesome. THis experience made me want to see Celine perform live again. So this past weekend I saw her show in Vegas, which was just as awesome I've seen her live twice. Would absolutely LOVE to meet her one day. I still have yet to give her a painting I did of her a couple of years ago: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/hica19/painting5.jpg Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.