Nmj Posted April 21, 2011 at 02:54 AM Posted April 21, 2011 at 02:54 AM Like which songs on OH did you like? I like IDAN, HYEBIL, and i kinda like Faith. I have to say that it is one of her weakest albums..well that and miracle LOL I liked... "One Heart" it had a young feel to it, "Naked" has her highest studio note ever Quote
Tyler1991 Posted April 21, 2011 at 03:01 AM Posted April 21, 2011 at 03:01 AM The song I Drove All Night is one of her cheesiest and most poorly produced. I honestly find her rendition to be trash. I hate to say that, but it completely ruins the original (which I consider Cyndi Lauper to be). Celine's instrumental track sounded so....generic, computer generated, etc. It dind't sound like a real band. It just sounded so cheap. Similarly to the cheap instrumentals they used on Star Academy in 2009, LOL. This song doesn't work with a "dance" sound to it. Nor does it work as an uptempo song. It is not meant to be uptempo. The original IDAN by Cyndi is more in the form of a ballad, and there is so much more emotion to it. And I also agree that OH is an underrated album. I feel that the album ANDHC has more fillers on it than OH does, but to be honest, both rank pretty low to the bottom of my lists. Quote
volleyceline Posted April 21, 2011 at 04:13 AM Posted April 21, 2011 at 04:13 AM Miracle...just a waste of an album, i'm sorry. One Heart (the song) sounds like the music an ice cream truck plays. Quote http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/33a2e2da594db4153c226a19ede91edb.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/e6aaaff4173e83688975f83ef4c440ea.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/7dcd605675e4621374fb2ab0c990b231.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/6f81b75908662ef33cd2ed5d0a6c8208.jpg Some people have everything. And they have nothing. It's wonderful... - C e l i n e ♥
Davey84 Posted April 21, 2011 at 08:29 AM Posted April 21, 2011 at 08:29 AM The song I Drove All Night is one of her cheesiest and most poorly produced. I honestly find her rendition to be trash. I hate to say that, but it completely ruins the original (which I consider Cyndi Lauper to be). Celine's instrumental track sounded so....generic, computer generated, etc. It dind't sound like a real band. It just sounded so cheap. Similarly to the cheap instrumentals they used on Star Academy in 2009, LOL. This song doesn't work with a "dance" sound to it. Nor does it work as an uptempo song. It is not meant to be uptempo. The original IDAN by Cyndi is more in the form of a ballad, and there is so much more emotion to it. And I also agree that OH is an underrated album. I feel that the album ANDHC has more fillers on it than OH does, but to be honest, both rank pretty low to the bottom of my lists. The real original is from Roy Orbison though it was released after Cyndi's release... "I Drove All Night" is a song written by Billy Steinberg and Tom Kelly for Roy Orbison. Orbison first recorded the song in 1987, but his rendition was not released until 1992, after the song had become a top 10 hit on both sides of the Atlantic for Cyndi Lauper in 1989. The song has been covered by Pinmonkey (2002) and Céline Dion (2003). John Waite recorded the song in 1986-87 while recording tracks for the CD Rovers Return but decided not to release it. American rock singer and former American Idol contestant, Carly Smithson, covered the song during the semi-finals of the show during a week inspired by the music of the 1980s. The song becoming one of Lauper's last big hits was her last Top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100. I really like the live version of IDAN and some remixes, but yeah the album version is lacking something... Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
J-Man Posted April 21, 2011 at 11:36 AM Posted April 21, 2011 at 11:36 AM Call me crazy, but I am always shocked that people hate A Song For You so much! I think it's pretty I just really can't stand BYLM. Don't know what it is, but it just irritates me. BYLM has always been one of my least favourite Celine hits too. I disagree that IDAN doesn't work as an uptempo track, to me it is a better song thanks to the gearshift. And personally I like the album version too, I don't think it's particularly missing anything. By design, remixes usually add more to a dance track, so once you've listened to them maybe you notice the difference when you go back to the original. Quote http://www.powerofthemusic.com/other/FORUMSIG1.png
Bell Posted April 21, 2011 at 01:48 PM Posted April 21, 2011 at 01:48 PM I see some people here dislike 'Love Is All We Need'. It's not a great one, I agree, but I don't find it bad, either. It's maybe a little...unusual for a Celine song (I mean the sound, the melody, although I found it interesting) but the lyrics... I LOVE the lyrics of this song! Maybe you should listen to it once again. Quote 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
CaesarCeline Posted April 21, 2011 at 05:01 PM Posted April 21, 2011 at 05:01 PM Hmmm. I don't like it when she does different-tempo versions of the same song. Like slow "A new day has come" and slow "Sorry for Love". I think it's kind of lazy. I'm not overly fussed on the English versions of the French songs either. Jean-Jacques Goldman has a unique ability to write French lyrics that are meaningful, beautiful and special. I don't think the English versions do them any justice at all. I also despise Treat her like a Lady and Eyes on Me. Tacky. I still whoop when they come on in the concerts though! Quote J'ai besoin de tes yeux, c'est le miroir ou j'existe, sans eux je ne me vois pasRegarde-moi http://img.noiset.com/images/artist/celine-dion-disc-5017.jpeg
LVCeline Posted April 21, 2011 at 06:46 PM Posted April 21, 2011 at 06:46 PM (edited) The Celine songs that are translated from French to English aren't bad if you don't speak French in the first place. Everyone goes off of lyrics and thinks the English versions are subpar, but if you don't understand the French lyrics, then the English songs are just as good. I Don't Know is light years better and more powerful than Je Sais Pas if you ask me. A lot of people list I Hate You, Then I Love You as a worst song of hers, but it's definitely not one of mine. In this case it's probably the lyrics that make the song for me..anyone who's been in a relationship knows exactly how it goes when you hate someone and you love them, they make you laugh, and cry, live and die, etc...I love the lyrics in this case. "I'd like to run away from you, but if I were to leave you, I would die.." I love that lyric...it's so true. Edited April 21, 2011 at 06:48 PM by LVCeline Quote
Sonne Posted April 22, 2011 at 01:11 AM Posted April 22, 2011 at 01:11 AM I liked... "One Heart" it had a young feel to it, "Naked" has her highest studio note ever I have mixed feelings about it, honestly. I used to rank it as a higher than average album, but with consideration of ALL the songs on the album, it seems almost mediocre. Now, I had this conversation with a die-hard celine fan, like myself of course LOL, a couple days ago and he ranked Unison as the weakest album. I thought that was very interesting..i didn't know people hated that album. I would say that album was pretty good with the quality of lyrics, production, and etc. It really fit well with the 'sound' of the early 90s..and for a debut, it was quite strong IMO. Quote
ferjaacu Posted April 22, 2011 at 02:22 AM Posted April 22, 2011 at 02:22 AM (edited) Well, I found lots of my favorites songs on your lists !! It's amazing how we all have different tastes and different feelings about her songs !! I always skip: I'm Loving Every Moment With YouLove by Another NameHalfway to HeavenDid You Give Enough LoveIf I Were YouNothing Broken But My HeartMisledEverybody's Talkin' My Baby DownWhen I Fall in LoveRefuse to DancePour Que Tu M'Aimes Encore (I prefer If That's What It Takes)Les Derniers Seront Les PremiersUn Garcon Pas Comme Les Autres (Ziggy)Why Oh WhyAmar Haciendo El AmorI Hate You Then I Love YouBlue ChristmasThe Christmas SongLes Cloches du HameauAll The WayNature BoyLove You Blind And BTW... I love Miracle !! It's for me one of the best albums for children. And she sounds so lovely and honest whilst singing those songs... Edited April 22, 2011 at 02:27 AM by ferjaacu Quote http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3216/5786913948_369265dbeb_m.jpg FERLO
Sonne Posted April 22, 2011 at 02:43 AM Posted April 22, 2011 at 02:43 AM Well, I found lots of my favorites songs on your lists !! It's amazing how we all have different tastes and different feelings about her songs !! I always skip: I'm Loving Every Moment With YouLove by Another NameHalfway to HeavenDid You Give Enough LoveIf I Were YouNothing Broken But My HeartMisledEverybody's Talkin' My Baby DownWhen I Fall in LoveRefuse to DancePour Que Tu M'Aimes Encore (I prefer If That's What It Takes)Les Derniers Seront Les PremiersUn Garcon Pas Comme Les Autres (Ziggy)Why Oh WhyAmar Haciendo El AmorI Hate You Then I Love YouBlue ChristmasThe Christmas SongLes Cloches du HameauAll The WayNature BoyLove You Blind And BTW... I love Miracle !! It's for me one of the best albums for children. And she sounds so lovely and honest whilst singing those songs... Someone said they didn't like Halfway to Heaven, Refuse to Dance or Misled? Must've missed that. That's so sad, love those songs. Quote
volleyceline Posted April 24, 2011 at 05:08 AM Posted April 24, 2011 at 05:08 AM Well, I found lots of my favorites songs on your lists !! It's amazing how we all have different tastes and different feelings about her songs !! I always skip: I'm Loving Every Moment With YouLove by Another NameHalfway to HeavenDid You Give Enough LoveIf I Were YouNothing Broken But My HeartMisledEverybody's Talkin' My Baby DownWhen I Fall in LoveRefuse to DancePour Que Tu M'Aimes Encore (I prefer If That's What It Takes)Les Derniers Seront Les PremiersUn Garcon Pas Comme Les Autres (Ziggy)Why Oh WhyAmar Haciendo El AmorI Hate You Then I Love YouBlue ChristmasThe Christmas SongLes Cloches du HameauAll The WayNature BoyLove You Blind And BTW... I love Miracle !! It's for me one of the best albums for children. And she sounds so lovely and honest whilst singing those songs... WOW! you're missing out on great songs I understand the christmas songs tho...but Amar haciendo el amor? and Why oh why? Wow! Just my opinion Quote http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/33a2e2da594db4153c226a19ede91edb.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/e6aaaff4173e83688975f83ef4c440ea.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/7dcd605675e4621374fb2ab0c990b231.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/6f81b75908662ef33cd2ed5d0a6c8208.jpg Some people have everything. And they have nothing. It's wonderful... - C e l i n e ♥
ferjaacu Posted April 24, 2011 at 06:57 AM Posted April 24, 2011 at 06:57 AM WOW! you're missing out on great songs I understand the christmas songs tho...but Amar haciendo el amor? and Why oh why? Wow! Just my opinion Yes, I know. We are saying just our opinions. But, anyway, I don't say that I hate those songs or that I never listen to them. It's just that they are the songs that I listen to the less. It depends on the moment actually. And many songs I didn't like before, I'm starting listening now, so my lists are constantly changing. Quote http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3216/5786913948_369265dbeb_m.jpg FERLO
marketa Posted April 24, 2011 at 03:09 PM Posted April 24, 2011 at 03:09 PM There are songs I prefer to others but I can't find song which I hate... I was thinking about some but then I decided to listen to them and then I realized that maybe I listen to them less then others but they're still good, just because Celine's Voice. Whatever she sings is beautiful to me And that's the way it is How you could name MHWGO, Only One Road, I Love You, Declaration of love etc? Of course, it's your opinion, but I just don't get it, sorry Quote
Bell Posted April 24, 2011 at 04:32 PM Posted April 24, 2011 at 04:32 PM I'm not overly fussed on the English versions of the French songs either. Jean-Jacques Goldman has a unique ability to write French lyrics that are meaningful, beautiful and special. I don't think the English versions do them any justice at all.I completely agree with you. Quote 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
Bell Posted April 24, 2011 at 04:39 PM Posted April 24, 2011 at 04:39 PM A lot of people list I Hate You, Then I Love You as a worst song of hers, but it's definitely not one of mine. In this case it's probably the lyrics that make the song for me..anyone who's been in a relationship knows exactly how it goes when you hate someone and you love them, they make you laugh, and cry, live and die, etc...I love the lyrics in this case. "I'd like to run away from you, but if I were to leave you, I would die.." I love that lyric...it's so true.All of this is right. Quote 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
disadiva Posted April 24, 2011 at 04:44 PM Posted April 24, 2011 at 04:44 PM I am not shure that i think Celine has any bad song but her poorest recording or album is One Heart.It hasn't any great song since some of these songs are leftovers from ANDHC. Quote http://i46.tinypic.com/2nvtcpl.jpg
Bell Posted April 25, 2011 at 08:48 AM Posted April 25, 2011 at 08:48 AM It depends on the moment actually. And many songs I didn't like before, I'm starting listening now, so my lists are constantly changing. Yes, I'm just like you. Quote 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
volleyceline Posted April 26, 2011 at 05:31 PM Posted April 26, 2011 at 05:31 PM Coulda Woulda Shoulda.... not good.One Heart (song), not good.Your Light...wow that's awful! Quote http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/33a2e2da594db4153c226a19ede91edb.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/e6aaaff4173e83688975f83ef4c440ea.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/7dcd605675e4621374fb2ab0c990b231.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/6f81b75908662ef33cd2ed5d0a6c8208.jpg Some people have everything. And they have nothing. It's wonderful... - C e l i n e ♥
Simon Posted April 26, 2011 at 06:18 PM Posted April 26, 2011 at 06:18 PM There are some songs I'm never listening to ... eg. from the album called "celine dion"! I don't even know songs like "If You Could See Me Now" and "If I Were You" But I didn't know some of you don't like songs like "One Heart" or "Goodbye's (The Saddest Word)"! Quote You could see? I could break! Did you notice all my mistakes? | *taking a kayak* | thanks @TakingChances for the signatur ♥ Vienna ♥ Las Vegas ♥ Paris ♥ Lille ♥ Berlin ♥ London ♥ Québec City ♥
Sonne Posted April 26, 2011 at 06:23 PM Posted April 26, 2011 at 06:23 PM All of this is right. If 'I Hate You, Then I Love You' was not a duet, I think it wouldn't have been so bad. As someone stated before, lyrically it's not too bad and a lot of people can relate to it i guess. I love pavarotti, but i feel he made the song awkward... Quote
volleyceline Posted April 27, 2011 at 01:09 AM Posted April 27, 2011 at 01:09 AM There are some songs I'm never listening to ... eg. from the album called "celine dion"! I don't even know songs like "If You Could See Me Now" and "If I Were You" But I didn't know some of you don't like songs like "One Heart" or "Goodbye's (The Saddest Word)"! I find it more appalling for you not to listen to songs from Celine Dion the album, that album marked the start of her career, packed with beautiful ballads, songs that will never be matched in measure of beauty. Songs like One Heart are at the bottom of Celine's "totem pole of masterpieces", so to speak. Quote http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/33a2e2da594db4153c226a19ede91edb.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/e6aaaff4173e83688975f83ef4c440ea.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/7dcd605675e4621374fb2ab0c990b231.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/6f81b75908662ef33cd2ed5d0a6c8208.jpg Some people have everything. And they have nothing. It's wonderful... - C e l i n e ♥
Sonne Posted April 27, 2011 at 02:03 AM Posted April 27, 2011 at 02:03 AM I find it more appalling for you not to listen to songs from Celine Dion the album, that album marked the start of her career, packed with beautiful ballads, songs that will never be matched in measure of beauty. Songs like One Heart are at the bottom of Celine's "totem pole of masterpieces", so to speak. At the bottom of the ENGLISH totem pole of Celine albums (haha): One Heart, Miracle, and A New Day Has Come. Production for these albums SUCKED. Though i do love A New Day Has Come and I Surrender, so exclude those. Quote
bertrand Posted April 27, 2011 at 03:37 AM Posted April 27, 2011 at 03:37 AM Why this topic exist? hum.... Quote
volleyceline Posted April 27, 2011 at 04:38 AM Posted April 27, 2011 at 04:38 AM ^ Simply our opinions, not to insult Celine in any way. Quote http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/33a2e2da594db4153c226a19ede91edb.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/e6aaaff4173e83688975f83ef4c440ea.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/7dcd605675e4621374fb2ab0c990b231.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/6f81b75908662ef33cd2ed5d0a6c8208.jpg Some people have everything. And they have nothing. It's wonderful... - C e l i n e ♥
C_Airin_D Posted April 27, 2011 at 09:24 AM Posted April 27, 2011 at 09:24 AM (edited) Coulda Woulda Shoulda.... not good.One Heart (song), not good.Your Light...wow that's awful! I can't say the same.. i love your light.. i like one heart too.. not the same for coulda woulda shoulda.. i don't LIKE maybe I hate you than i love you.. but Your light.. it's a good song imo Edited April 27, 2011 at 09:27 AM by C_Airin_D Quote Want! Believe! Be patient! The only way for your dreams to come true!
volleyceline Posted April 27, 2011 at 05:19 PM Posted April 27, 2011 at 05:19 PM ^ One heart is cute i admit. Your Light, I still have it on my iPod but I have maybe one play for that song, and it was for a friend Quote http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/33a2e2da594db4153c226a19ede91edb.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/e6aaaff4173e83688975f83ef4c440ea.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/7dcd605675e4621374fb2ab0c990b231.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/6f81b75908662ef33cd2ed5d0a6c8208.jpg Some people have everything. And they have nothing. It's wonderful... - C e l i n e ♥
ferjaacu Posted April 27, 2011 at 07:32 PM Posted April 27, 2011 at 07:32 PM At the bottom of the ENGLISH totem pole of Celine albums (haha): One Heart, Miracle, and A New Day Has Come. Production for these albums SUCKED. Though i do love A New Day Has Come and I Surrender, so exclude those. Miracle is an amazing album !! How can you say it is not?? I mean, is ok if you don't like it... But Miracle is one of the best albums ever recorded with music for children... If I ever get to be a father, I would play this CD over and over again for my child/children. Quote http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3216/5786913948_369265dbeb_m.jpg FERLO
Sonne Posted April 27, 2011 at 11:00 PM Posted April 27, 2011 at 11:00 PM Miracle is an amazing album !! How can you say it is not?? I mean, is ok if you don't like it... But Miracle is one of the best albums ever recorded with music for children... If I ever get to be a father, I would play this CD over and over again for my child/children. Okay, yes it is on par for children but that's about it. Production wise, it sucked. Example, the remake for Beautiful Boy...need i say more? But the absolute worst album for her is not an english one lol. And i made the mistake of purchasing it last summer lol. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.