flutefreak Posted July 15, 2018 at 10:00 PM Posted July 15, 2018 at 10:00 PM 1. Water And A Flame. I never liked this boring and overrated song, but after all the scandal with the childish songwriter, I knew I would never stand it. 2. Save Your Soul 3. Declaration Of Love 4. Que toi au monde 5. Cry Just A Little 6. A Song For You ZzZzZzZ.... 7. Incredible. What a letdown of song. Full of hot air. 8. Overjoyed :sick: 9. How Do You Keep The Music Playing - totally unnecessary recording- 10. Lullabye -even more unnecessary recording- Okay and now I realise that's 6 songs out from the LMBTL album Completely agree with you on Water and a Flame! My thoughts exactly. 2 Quote
LeChauffeur100 Posted July 16, 2018 at 01:29 AM Posted July 16, 2018 at 01:29 AM I've never listened to her early teenage albums except a few tracks, so I'm not taking any songs in them into consideration. - Jours de fièvre- Le fils de Superman (I've listened too much to this one and now I can't stand it...)- Beauty and the Beast (never really liked this song, not my cup of tea)- Love Can Move Mountains- I Love You- I Don't Know / If That's What It Takes / any other translated songs (whether into english or spanish). Really, what's the point? It takes all the magic from the original songs away. There's always room for bringing up shiny and new music instead of recycling her old music. - I Hate You Then I Love You- I'm Your Angel- At Last- all of Miracle (except In Some Small Way) 1 Quote EVERYONE AFRAID TO BE FORGOTTEN - album & film by ionnalee; out NOW at ionnalee.comhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF-8uJUpL5A
jpatdeleon09 Posted July 16, 2018 at 01:37 AM Posted July 16, 2018 at 01:37 AM From her Loved Me Back To Life Album 1 Quote
Nmj Posted July 16, 2018 at 02:16 AM Posted July 16, 2018 at 02:16 AM (edited) In no order... all these are for sure skips for me. 1. A SONG FOR YOU 2. RIGHT NEXT TO THE RIGHT ONE 3. WATER AND A FLAME 4. WHEN I FALL IN LOVE 5. HOW DO YOU KEEP THE MUSIC PLAYING 6. LULLABY 7. I HATE YOU THEN I LOVE YOU 8. WHEN I NEED YOU 9. OVERJOYED 10. AT 17 Edited July 16, 2018 at 02:17 AM by Nmj 1 Quote
angelil78 Posted July 16, 2018 at 09:16 AM Posted July 16, 2018 at 09:16 AM I didn't like Water and a Flame until last year when I heard it at a restaurant I was at. And then something clicked and I liked it.. Loved it? nope, just liked it Quote
Javito Posted July 16, 2018 at 10:13 AM Posted July 16, 2018 at 10:13 AM - I Don't Know / If That's What It Takes / any other translated songs (whether into english or spanish). Really, what's the point? It takes all the magic from the original songs away. There's always room for bringing up shiny and new music instead of recycling her old music. Exactly. That's why I think FIY is far from "perfect" of an album, and I think it's a bit overrated. First it includes so many covers, and no matter how good these are (IACBTMN and ABM for example), that doesn't take off the fact that is probably hear least original CD (7 covers! almost half of the tracklist is not original material). And secondly, it includes three English adaptations of her French songs that were totally unnecessary, and that they don't add anything to the originals. Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Dion2000 Posted July 16, 2018 at 11:00 AM Posted July 16, 2018 at 11:00 AM (edited) Exactly. That's why I think FIY is far from "perfect" of an album, and I think it's a bit overrated. First it includes so many covers, and no matter how good these are (IACBTMN and ABM for example), that doesn't take off the fact that is probably hear least original CD (7 covers! almost half of the tracklist is not original material). And secondly, it includes three English adaptations of her French songs that were totally unnecessary, and that they don't add anything to the originals. The only translation i will ever accept and love as much as i do its original version is Aun Existe Amor, its just so........ amazing and to tell you the truth I probably prefer it to the french version. I dont mind I Dont Know but If Thats What It Takes just rips the soul out of PQTME. However FIY gave us the TRAGICALLY AND CRIMINALLY UNDERRATED Dreamin of You and My FAVOURITE sexy song of all time Seduces Me so i guess i can forgive it... Edited July 16, 2018 at 11:02 AM by Dion2000 1 Quote
comingback Posted July 16, 2018 at 11:02 AM Posted July 16, 2018 at 11:02 AM (edited) Exactly. That's why I think FIY is far from "perfect" of an album, and I think it's a bit overrated. First it includes so many covers, and no matter how good these are (IACBTMN and ABM for example), that doesn't take off the fact that is probably hear least original CD (7 covers! almost half of the tracklist is not original material). And secondly, it includes three English adaptations of her French songs that were totally unnecessary, and that they don't add anything to the originals. I think Goldman did a great job with If That's What It Takes, i Don't know, Fly. The album FIY is her best English album (near perfect (IMO), I hate RDMH ) and deserves Album of the Year 1996. Edited July 16, 2018 at 11:02 AM by comingback Quote
Javito Posted July 16, 2018 at 11:11 AM Posted July 16, 2018 at 11:11 AM (edited) The only translation i will ever accept and love as much as i do its original version is Aun Existe Amor, its just so........ amazing and to tell you the truth I probably prefer it to the french version. I dont mind I Dont Know but If Thats What It Takes just rips the soul out of PQTME. However FIY gave us the TRAGICALLY AND CRIMINALLY UNDERRATED Dreamin of You and My FAVOURITE sexy song of all time Seduces Me so i guess i can forgive it... Agree, Aun existe amor is one of the best adaptations they've done from an original song into another language. Not because I'm Spanish but ... it is true It's way much better than what they did for Sola otra vez. I think Goldman did a great job with If That's What It Takes, i Don't know, Fly. The album FIY is her best English album (near perfect (IMO), I hate RDMH ) and deserves Album of the Year 1996. He didn't do any job, it was J. Kapler (pseudonym of Robert Goldman, Jean-Jacques Goldman's brother) who did the adaptations into English, so it wasn't JJG's authory here lol http://www.parler-de-sa-vie.net/jkapler/ Edited July 16, 2018 at 11:14 AM by Javito Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Dancing_Queen Posted July 16, 2018 at 11:15 AM Posted July 16, 2018 at 11:15 AM 'Fly' is better than 'Vole', don't care what y'all say. 😎 1 Quote
Dion2000 Posted July 16, 2018 at 11:16 AM Posted July 16, 2018 at 11:16 AM I personally (if we go off of how many tracks i like from the album overall) its gotta be Taking Chances (incedentally the album which most tracks were BUTCHERED BY MEGO). I mean : Shadow Of Love : great uptempo song, never given a fair chance as it was destroyed by mego Fade Away : Iconic and powerful uptempo empowering song Cant Fight The Feelin : ICONIC. NOTHING LESS Thats Just The Woman In Me : I honestly feel if this was on FIY or LTAL it would have been a hit, big time. The only song on the album i feel that was taking BIG chances A World To Believe In : One of my favourite songs of all time. Taking Chances : Love the album version with all my heart and only began to love the live version when Scotts arrangement came to be. Alone : A cover that i do love and was once again butchered by Mego and would LOVEEEEEE to see Scotts mastery on this one Eyes On Me : Second only to Seduces Me for sexy songs My Love : Always preferred it live to the album, still a touching song Surprise Surprise : Adore this gem Map To My Heart : Criminally underrated, hidden gem that was only a regional release, the recording sessions are iconic and i love the feel of it Thats 11 out of 16. As for top 10 “worst” i can only think of 6 1) When I Fall In Love 2) Next Plane Out 3) JeTaime encore (English) 4) Skies of LA 5) Nature Boy (hate the live version so it ruined the album one too) 6) Toss up between What a wonderful world and At Last (once again live way better than album) Quote
comingback Posted July 16, 2018 at 11:24 AM Posted July 16, 2018 at 11:24 AM Agree, Aun existe amor is one of the best adaptations they've done from an original song into another language. Not because I'm Spanish but ... it is true It's way much better than what they did for Sola otra vez. He didn't do any job, it was J. Kapler (pseudonym of Robert Goldman, Jean-Jacques Goldman's brother) who did the adaptations into English, so it wasn't JJG's authory here lol http://www.parler-de...ie.net/jkapler/.OK Sorry´Javito, I forgot you know it all . But JJG is mentioned in the credits on celinedion.com, it was a trio (Jean-Jacques Goldman / J.Kapler / Phil Galdston). Quote
celine4evauk Posted July 16, 2018 at 11:32 AM Posted July 16, 2018 at 11:32 AM I personally (if we go off of how many tracks i like from the album overall) its gotta be Taking Chances (incedentally the album which most tracks were BUTCHERED BY MEGO). I mean : Shadow Of Love : great uptempo song, never given a fair chance as it was destroyed by mego Fade Away : Iconic and powerful uptempo empowering song Cant Fight The Feelin : ICONIC. NOTHING LESS Thats Just The Woman In Me : I honestly feel if this was on FIY or LTAL it would have been a hit, big time. The only song on the album i feel that was taking BIG chances A World To Believe In : One of my favourite songs of all time. Taking Chances : Love the album version with all my heart and only began to love the live version when Scotts arrangement came to be. Alone : A cover that i do love and was once again butchered by Mego and would LOVEEEEEE to see Scotts mastery on this one Eyes On Me : Second only to Seduces Me for sexy songs My Love : Always preferred it live to the album, still a touching song Surprise Surprise : Adore this gem Map To My Heart : Criminally underrated, hidden gem that was only a regional release, the recording sessions are iconic and i love the feel of it Thats 11 out of 16. As for top 10 “worst” i can only think of 6 1) When I Fall In Love 2) Next Plane Out 3) JeTaime encore (English) 4) Skies of LA 5) Nature Boy (hate the live version so it ruined the album one too) 6) Toss up between What a wonderful world and At Last (once again live way better than album) OMG Next Plane Out!!! It’s in my top 5 all time favourite Celine songs!!! 🤣This thread just proves no matter what songs Celine sings she’ll never please everyone 😏 1 Quote
Javito Posted July 16, 2018 at 11:56 AM Posted July 16, 2018 at 11:56 AM .OK Sorry´Javito, I forgot you know it all . But JJG is mentioned in the credits on celinedion.com, it was a trio (Jean-Jacques Goldman / J.Kapler / Phil Galdston). No it's not that Jean Jacques is mentioned because he's the author of the original song, so it has to be mentioned for copyright reasons, but his brother does the adaptations into English. They've worked like that for many other artists too. Same way in Aun existe amor Luc Plamondon is mentioned too, because he's the author of the original song. Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
ryba Posted July 16, 2018 at 12:12 PM Posted July 16, 2018 at 12:12 PM I couldn’t care lesse for Skies of LAA song for you (omg, how boring!!)Lullaby (goodbye my angel)LCMM (not a bad track, but so worn out that I cannot hear it anymore. Give it a long rest)Boring tracks on Miracle (lyric might be meaningful, songs are boring, sorry) At last (I like the rare live performance in the orange dress, her voice shines, but I don’t like to listen to it on the record)There comes a time (so depressing. It’s well produced but I feel just bad after listening to it) Quote
ryba Posted July 16, 2018 at 12:17 PM Posted July 16, 2018 at 12:17 PM My top 10 but no order and only english - One heart- Coulda woulda shoulda- You and I - I' m alive - A song for you- Thank you- How do you keep... - Tous les secrets/Let your heart decide- Be the man- sorry for love whaat?? I love most of them 1 Quote
angelil78 Posted July 16, 2018 at 12:29 PM Posted July 16, 2018 at 12:29 PM whaat?? I love most of them I'm like that list has many of my fave songs 1 Quote
Dion2000 Posted July 16, 2018 at 12:42 PM Posted July 16, 2018 at 12:42 PM OMG Next Plane Out!!! It’s in my top 5 all time favourite Celine songs!!! 🤣This thread just proves no matter what songs Celine sings she’ll never please everyone 😏 SEE LOL !!! Hence why i put “worst” as many people love next plane out, i however hate it. Many people HATE Her Alone cover, I adore it 1 Quote
comingback Posted July 16, 2018 at 07:05 PM Posted July 16, 2018 at 07:05 PM SEE LOL !!! Hence why i put "worst" as many people love next plane out, i however hate it. Many people HATE Her Alone cover, I adore it Yes, I'm not a fan of the TC album (to edgy for me); but the Alone cover is great. 2 Quote
Javito Posted July 16, 2018 at 07:06 PM Posted July 16, 2018 at 07:06 PM I've had a crush with Alone recently too 1 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Dion2000 Posted July 16, 2018 at 07:52 PM Posted July 16, 2018 at 07:52 PM Ive always felt that when she hit the big note on TV shows, she always heald back and never gave me what i NEEDED for a cover of Alone. On TC tour however ... that was good. Alone is a great cover imo and just like the TC album is great. I still believe that TC and ANDHC are the only albums that follow a great story to tell and have great fluidity. In the words of Taking Chances "dont know much about your life and i dont know much about Javito, but i do know the one thing he likes is a fluid album with great songs" LOL IM SOOOO CHEESY BUT I CANT RESIST IT ITS MY FAV ALBUM. And im sure you agree Javito, the two most fluid albums have the worst butchered arrangements and presentations : IA. SOL. FA.CFTF.AL.ANDHC.NB. And both only got one live good arrangement : IS for ANDHC and TC for TC Quote
CSchmidt Posted October 25, 2018 at 07:24 PM Posted October 25, 2018 at 07:24 PM 10. If Walls Could Talk9. Coulda Woulda Shoulda8. I'm Alive7. Loved Me Back To Life6. Sorry for Love5. L'etoile4. Live to Love3. Love Is All We Need2. One Heart1. Super Love Quote I found me, i found faith, i found trust
gafsa Posted October 25, 2018 at 10:28 PM Posted October 25, 2018 at 10:28 PM 10. If Walls Could Talk9. Coulda Woulda Shoulda8. I'm Alive7. Loved Me Back To Life6. Sorry for Love5. L'etoile4. Live to Love3. Love Is All We Need2. One Heart1. Super Love live to love is only 30 seconds background music for an ad. Quote
CSchmidt Posted October 25, 2018 at 11:43 PM Posted October 25, 2018 at 11:43 PM live to love is only 30 seconds background music for an ad. "live to love is only 30 seconds background trash for an ad." Quote I found me, i found faith, i found trust
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.