Squall Posted October 9, 2026 at 06:45 PM Posted October 9, 2026 at 06:45 PM On 10/9/2026 at 1:35 PM, karatedude317 said: The lip sync accusations are picking up steam. The team better start recording new playbacks Or putting playbacks in rotation so that some nights certain songs are live while other nights they are playback. This came up on my Facebook feed Without me even looking for it. You know that this stems from That Pegasus vid https://www.closermag.fr/people/celine-dion-en-playback-a-la-plenitude-arena-apres-sa-chute-sur-scene-une-imposture-vocale-imparable-pour-certains-3662897?utm_content=LEcrandeShoko&utm_source=Facebook_Nonli&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Nonli&fbclid=IwRlRTSAU2EeJleHRuA2FlbQIxMQBwZG9mAWZkaWQWUP_tzUO77ZzfPwLrL59jJRQtqjuCP3NydGMGYXBwX2lkCjY2Mjg1NjgzNzkAAR61qWDJ4boBGF6xwnL-_f4G84H8BbJVjWds1VLEOmwm1-KRuLj935XNOcXA1Q_aem_x9oa0l4TfX8uv1JmFUJtIg I think one of the main sticking points people are latching on to is the "I did it!" expression after the big note in "All By Myself." And I can't say I disagree with the criticism. She sings the last note in the song live and it's very impressive. But nobody pays attention to that part. 1 Quote
pat200 Posted October 9, 2026 at 06:58 PM Posted October 9, 2026 at 06:58 PM The fact that she has been doing it for decades, it is about time it came out. I have a feeling (hope I am wrong) the effect though would be worse than when Mariah's lipsync fiascos happened simply because Celine is regarded in the same vein as a Streisand or Whitney whereas Mariah has become a caricature in the last 16 years or so. Maybe this will push Celine to take out the songs that are too demanding and replace them with lesser demanding songs that fit her current voice, which is deteriorated whether we want to admit or not, and it is totally fine after 45 years in the industry and after the ear problem she had in the 2010s, the SPS and the losses in her life. She needs to give herself a bit of a leeway and be kind on herself. We would still pay to come and see her sing not perfectly because we love her and her voice, not just her voice. On 10/9/2026 at 11:45 AM, Squall said: I think one of the main sticking points people are latching on to is the "I did it!" expression after the big note in "All By Myself." And I can't say I disagree with the criticism. She sings the last note in the song live and it's very impressive. But nobody pays attention to that part. Quote
Squall Posted October 9, 2026 at 07:08 PM Posted October 9, 2026 at 07:08 PM On 10/9/2026 at 1:58 PM, pat200 said: The fact that she has been doing it for decades, it is about time it came out. I have a feeling (hope I am wrong) the effect though would be worse than when Mariah's lipsync fiascos happened simply because Celine is regarded in the same vein as a Streisand or Whitney whereas Mariah has become a caricature in the last 16 years or so. I saw this topic being discussed in a Streisand group and I had to remind the people there that Barbra has NEVER had the touring schedule Celine has had most of her life. Barbra would do a handful of concerts here and there. She never had a residency where she was belting out "A Piece of Sky" every night. 1 Quote
GoldenLeaf Posted October 9, 2026 at 07:14 PM Posted October 9, 2026 at 07:14 PM On 10/9/2026 at 2:35 PM, karatedude317 said: The lip sync accusations are picking up steam. The team better start recording new playbacks Or putting playbacks in rotation so that some nights certain songs are live while other nights they are playback. This came up on my Facebook feed Without me even looking for it. You know that this stems from That Pegasus vid https://www.closermag.fr/people/celine-dion-en-playback-a-la-plenitude-arena-apres-sa-chute-sur-scene-une-imposture-vocale-imparable-pour-certains-3662897?utm_content=LEcrandeShoko&utm_source=Facebook_Nonli&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Nonli&fbclid=IwRlRTSAU2EeJleHRuA2FlbQIxMQBwZG9mAWZkaWQWUP_tzUO77ZzfPwLrL59jJRQtqjuCP3NydGMGYXBwX2lkCjY2Mjg1NjgzNzkAAR61qWDJ4boBGF6xwnL-_f4G84H8BbJVjWds1VLEOmwm1-KRuLj935XNOcXA1Q_aem_x9oa0l4TfX8uv1JmFUJtIg Where is Jackie Lombard when you need her? https://www.parismatch.com/People/jamais-mais-absolument-jamais-celine-dion-de-retour-sa-voix-a-t-elle-change-au-point-de-passer-au-playback-275081 Celine really needs to record new tracks for the remaining concerts before things get out of hand. Quote
Abodi2002 Posted October 9, 2026 at 07:23 PM Posted October 9, 2026 at 07:23 PM From the bits I've heard tonight Celine sounds great! Only one small bum note so far. She nailed Destin and EUS. 2 Quote
Reeceraul0045 Posted October 9, 2026 at 07:24 PM Posted October 9, 2026 at 07:24 PM Week 3 Recap 4 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted October 9, 2026 at 07:35 PM Posted October 9, 2026 at 07:35 PM They included Cynthia Erivo 1 Quote
homerton Posted October 9, 2026 at 07:37 PM Posted October 9, 2026 at 07:37 PM If the lip syncing gets steam it’ll cause untold damage to the comeback. I do wonder why she hasn’t recorded them as more intimate the big songs. Acoustic even. It’s ridiculous to be singing the same ones as 30 years ago. Maybe it’s time for a change. And next round of shows in May might be the perfect time for this change. Lipping the power of love is not good enough and people are cottoning on. Plus let’s think back to opening ceremony. Now glaringly lipped. The voice is different. How silly 1 Quote
homerton Posted October 9, 2026 at 07:38 PM Posted October 9, 2026 at 07:38 PM The Olympic one I mean. Obviously lipped. Time for a rethink. And a refresh. Simplify the big hits. And get real Quote
Abodi2002 Posted October 9, 2026 at 07:40 PM Posted October 9, 2026 at 07:40 PM DUAM is very strong today so far. Like stronger than some other 2026 performances at least. 3 Quote
MaiconSC Posted October 9, 2026 at 07:47 PM Posted October 9, 2026 at 07:47 PM she's not in black & white on the screen for the S'il Suffisait D'aimer act... 2 Quote
MaiconSC Posted October 9, 2026 at 07:51 PM Posted October 9, 2026 at 07:51 PM oh I thought it would be for the whole section.... Quote
Céline RO Posted October 9, 2026 at 07:51 PM Posted October 9, 2026 at 07:51 PM Wow “S’il suffisait d’aimer” sounded amazing tonight! She tends to struggle with pitch on this song in the last decade or more but this was flawless, one of the best performances this century honestly. 3 1 Quote The best is yet to come...
Céline RO Posted October 9, 2026 at 07:54 PM Posted October 9, 2026 at 07:54 PM Great form continues into Ziggy! 1 Quote The best is yet to come...
MaiconSC Posted October 9, 2026 at 07:58 PM Posted October 9, 2026 at 07:58 PM Courage sounds AMAZING... and Scott is playing it beautifully... 3 Quote
Céline RO Posted October 9, 2026 at 07:59 PM Posted October 9, 2026 at 07:59 PM Okay this is the best performance of “Courage” EVER! What is happening?! It’s like she fixed her (absolutely minor) pitch issues overnight - it was already obvious on ONCP. 2 Quote The best is yet to come...
symon Posted October 9, 2026 at 08:01 PM Posted October 9, 2026 at 08:01 PM (edited) Is there a livestream ? Edited October 9, 2026 at 08:02 PM by symon Quote
Abodi2002 Posted October 9, 2026 at 08:06 PM Posted October 9, 2026 at 08:06 PM Okay that's the best SSDA since 2020 at least. Is it just me or is she just a tad more chesty tonight? She sounds more comfortable. Her tone sounds nicer than the last few shows too! 4 Quote
Thomas Posted October 9, 2026 at 08:06 PM Posted October 9, 2026 at 08:06 PM On 10/9/2026 at 9:01 PM, symon said: Is there a livestream ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-AmMc1PsUM Quote
João Oliveira Posted October 9, 2026 at 08:07 PM Posted October 9, 2026 at 08:07 PM I loved LCMM!! 2 Quote
Céline RO Posted October 9, 2026 at 08:09 PM Posted October 9, 2026 at 08:09 PM On 10/9/2026 at 11:07 PM, João Oliveira said: I loved LCMM!! Me too! It was awesome! 2 Quote The best is yet to come...
MaiconSC Posted October 9, 2026 at 08:09 PM Posted October 9, 2026 at 08:09 PM On 10/9/2026 at 5:06 PM, Abodi2002 said: Okay that's the best SSDA since 2020 at least. Is it just me or is she just a tad more chesty tonight? She sounds more comfortable. Her tone sounds nicer than the last few shows too! she's really strong today... on the 7th she was good too... now she kept the vocal health... this is good! 3 Quote
karatedude317 Posted October 9, 2026 at 08:09 PM Posted October 9, 2026 at 08:09 PM I hope someone recorded this! For some reason last nites performance won’t download on my phone, but the one from sept did. I hope the YouTube vid stays up a bit longer Quote
MaiconSC Posted October 9, 2026 at 08:11 PM Posted October 9, 2026 at 08:11 PM WOW the belts in TP are AMAZING 1 Quote
karatedude317 Posted October 9, 2026 at 08:14 PM Posted October 9, 2026 at 08:14 PM On 10/9/2026 at 3:37 PM, homerton said: If the lip syncing gets steam it’ll cause untold damage to the comeback. I do wonder why she hasn’t recorded them as more intimate the big songs. Acoustic even. It’s ridiculous to be singing the same ones as 30 years ago. Maybe it’s time for a change. And next round of shows in May might be the perfect time for this change. Lipping the power of love is not good enough and people are cottoning on. Plus let’s think back to opening ceremony. Now glaringly lipped. The voice is different. How silly My thoughts exactly, when I heard how she sounds now I couldn’t believe that the Olympics performance was allowed to sound that good with older vocals knowing she doesn’t sound like that now, unless her voice changed that much in two years. It raised expectations for how I expected her to sound now, and I was quite shocked when I heard her first concert. Granted she sounds much better now than last montb Quote
Squall Posted October 9, 2026 at 08:15 PM Posted October 9, 2026 at 08:15 PM On 10/9/2026 at 2:38 PM, homerton said: The Olympic one I mean. Obviously lipped. Time for a rethink. And a refresh. Simplify the big hits. And get real This one really isn't fair to hold against her. I'm pretty sure the Olympics required the performance to be lipped. And all of the other singers lipped as well. It's just a thing with the Olympics. 3 2 Quote
karatedude317 Posted October 9, 2026 at 08:17 PM Posted October 9, 2026 at 08:17 PM On 10/9/2026 at 4:15 PM, Squall said: This one really isn't fair to hold against her. I'm pretty sure the Olympics required the performance to be lipped. And all of the other singers lipped as well. It's just a thing with the Olympics. Not the lipping, but the lipping to vocals that are quite different than how she sounds now which makes it more obvious that it was lipped Quote
MaiconSC Posted October 9, 2026 at 08:18 PM Posted October 9, 2026 at 08:18 PM THE BEST Eb5 AND C#5 ON JE CHANTERAIT OF THE WHOLE RESIDENCE TIL NOW 5 Quote
Squall Posted October 9, 2026 at 08:19 PM Posted October 9, 2026 at 08:19 PM On 10/9/2026 at 3:17 PM, karatedude317 said: Not the lipping, but the lipping to vocals that are quite different than how she sounds now which makes it more obvious that it was lipped To my knowledge, those vocals were recorded specifically for the Olympics. Unless I'm wrong. Quote
João Oliveira Posted October 9, 2026 at 08:20 PM Posted October 9, 2026 at 08:20 PM (edited) One of The best Je chanterait performances Edited October 9, 2026 at 08:24 PM by João Oliveira 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.