Jump to content

Concert residency in Paris 2026/2027! *Spoilers*


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
On 9/13/2026 at 4:52 PM, MLowery855 said:

Some of you have interesting takes. Last night was the 57th time I’ve seen her live, and if you were not there the YouTube videos are not doing it justice - they never have, and believe me I watch plenty of them myself. 

Her voice is different, but it is not lesser. The troubles she had seemed mostly to do with emotion and nerves. She’s well rehearsed, but not in front of 30k fans who were cheering pretty loudly from my section (A). I feel like I have hearing damage from the crowd.

No grieving here. The key adjustments and stuff were past due for a woman of 58 even without a neurological disorder. I always believed she’d be back, and now I believe that as she does more shows the rough edges in some of the vocals will smooth out. From the first song of the night to the last, she was already loosening up some. I’ll be back in May for another show and look forward to hearing her then. 
 

Whoever said she can’t project her voice is incorrect. She had some poorly supported notes last night, no doubt. But this is an improvement over the struggle towards the end of CWT. 

Merciful God thank you . Finally reasonableness.

Edited by KyleVan41
  • Like 2
Posted

What I’m saying shouldn’t take away from your enjoyment of it in any way. I’ve just listened to “Courage.” You can really hear how completely constricted her pharynx is.

  • Haha 1
Posted

Lovely report on her show yesterday on the national tv channel over here, only good things you would hear about Celine.

https://www.kan.org.il/content/kan-news/newstv/p-963853/s2/1099181/

She is being loved and embraced by the international press, I'm not taking that for granted.

  • Like 3

"Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City Hall

Needed where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"

Posted
On 9/13/2026 at 9:06 PM, Ajax said:

What I’m saying shouldn’t take away from your enjoyment of it in any way. I’ve just listened to “Courage.” You can really hear how completely constricted her pharynx is.

Give it a rest… we’ve just spent 6 years wondering if we’ll ever get to see Celine perform live again, it’s exhausting to see people still so intent on nitpicking and being NEGATIVE… let’s just appreciate this moment for what it is…… vocal changes are a very normal part of AGING… most of what you’ve described will be because she is 58 not 28, it’s like expecting Simone Biles to still be able to pull of an Olympic gold standard vault in 30 years time. Not happening! So if you could please just get a grip on the realities of growing old.. thank you 

Also just for educational purposes SPS will always ‘be there’ in response to your earlier post… it’s an incurable disease. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Posted
On 9/13/2026 at 11:06 PM, Ajax said:

What I’m saying shouldn’t take away from your enjoyment of it in any way. I’ve just listened to “Courage.” You can really hear how completely constricted her pharynx is.

I could feel her on an emocional level while singing it, knowing so little about the hell she is really dealing with - it did moved me a lot. I have a feeling she will sing more songs from Courage. 

  • Like 1

"Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City Hall

Needed where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"

Posted

Could be filming a L’Oréal hair advert in her suite for all we know lol.

Glad to see she’s ok and in great spirits after her first show back 😊

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
Posted
On 9/13/2026 at 3:24 PM, Shamrock_1982 said:

My review of the night 

  Reveal hidden contents

What a night.

 

First a few tips for those who are attending future shows… they say be there for 6.00pm ( 2 hrs ahead of show time ) well I was there at 5.45pm and the queue to get in was the worst I have ever seen it took 45 mins to get just to the security check and then you had to queue again to show tickets  ( I have been to shows at Wembley Stadium which has a much larger capacity and the experience of getting in is so quick and organised compared to here  ).

 

The show was delayed 50 mins because people still weren’t in the building. I hope they improve their current plan, but to avoid the wait and stress, I’d advise getting there for around 5.00/5.15pm

 

Once inside again for the size of the place there are not many toilets or places to get food and there was one tiny bar that I could see on the ground level and two guys with beer kegs on their backs with queues almost as bad as the queue to get in. The toilets are shared which causes huge queues. It’s just a badly designed and managed venue.

 

Anyways moving on… 

 

The stage and staging had my mouth on the floor… huge and so impressive… I don’t think photos and videos do it justice even looking back at mine.

 

The atmosphere was great, and thankfully there wasn’t too much chant from a certain group, so I was happy lol.

 

Céline looked like an angel.

 

I was section A row 6 seat 104, so right bang in the middle of the stage and not to close so I could take everything in.

 

I loved how the band were revealed and I think the costumes were amazing, especially the last one which was my favourite.

 

The hair as I said after seeing the wig the other day, was so much better as it’s dark and it went with the concept of the show and merch much better… the vibe of this show was so different from her past shows, reflecting and celebrating at the same time and it was a simple and relaxed vibe.

 

She was obviously nervous with the first 2 songs and it showed in places which is fine, but she soon seemed to relax and enjoy it.

 

But I found her voice stronger in the uptempos.

 

Negatives:

 

The setlist wasn’t bad… but I would tweak maybe 3 songs.

 

Remove Danson’s and replace with Bonjour Pardon Merci, as it was boring live and stood out in a bad way for me.

 

Courage I don’t think has ever been good live, so I would like to see that replaced.

 

LCMM oh god it started well with the choir and then she started screeching again like she use to. Please Céline, please lol.

 

Remove the prayer and replace with Call The Man/ Let’s Talk About Love, with the choir.

 

I know the show is in Paris, with a setlist that’s 50/50 but I’m slighted annoyed that she only spoke once in English.

 

I’d be fine with subtitles if she prefers to speak in French but this is a show for fans from her French and English career. Most of what she says is scripted anyway so it should be a huge problem this day in age.

 

How the show ended for me was weird as a residency… listen I don’t expect her to fly or disappear like Adele but “something” other than her simply walking off with a wave, I just felt it needed that little special good bye/ good night moment, something more memorable.

 

A lot of people were commenting on the way out about the show and quite a few people commented that the visuals used for when she’s off stage were boring and very repetitive… huge screens… they could have better interludes.

 

Positives

 

I’m just so happy to have her back on stage, it’s incredible, it really is.

 

Her voice has obviously changed slightly but I love it. She’s incredibly brave to show us her voice now and must be applauded for it especially as she’s so iconic.

 

It’s the first time I didn’t really take that many photos or videos, as I wanted to be in the moment and take everything in.

 

The highlight for me was when she performed the TPOL in full and completely live with that gorgeous new arrangement… I feel it really showcased her voice with the instruments taking a back seat unlike previous times and the crowd loved it!!!

 

When the chase came on, I was singing and dancing and soon figured out that I was probably the only one in my section who was singing along and she noticed me at one point with a point and a slight smile.

 

The new intro for My Heart Will Go On is soooo good and she sang it beautifully.

 

I feel love vocally and visually was so refreshing and fitted the show and her really well and she seemed to love performing it too.

 

Now… TTWII is my favourite song and with the new arrangement at first I wasn’t sure, but after watching it back, I love it and her little quirky dance moves in it, especially when she struts across the stage with her trouser legs swaying. 


I don’t think the arrangement worked the same for I’m Alive though.

 

All by myself was moving, I must have watched the last 35 seconds of my video over 60 times today already… the high parts were live and although not perfect it was beautiful… lurve lurve lurve her!

 

Did anyone notice that when she sang the opera song that Scott was in front row conducting her…

 

I also liked how her backing singers joined the choir dressed in the same outfits.

 

When the rock appeared out of the ground with the mic positioned on top, I thought she was going to come out climb it and sing the circle of life from the Lion king musical lol.
 

I’m so glad I went… and would love to see it again (if) it was tweaked here and there. Although cheaper seats this time lol.

 

I’d did my heart good to see people not only last night but this morning also of all ages wearing the new Céline T-shirts. The most popular seems to be the white tshirt with her name and her in the black dress.

 

Currently on my way back to London and so happy I was there for her first night back, what a woman, what a night!

 

 

I thought it was me, but the venue was horrible. I don't know who designed but they clearly didn't do their homework.

It was a mess getting there from the station, it was a mess getting into the venue, and inside the venue it was a mess.

Who puts the merchandise stand in front of the toilets where people line up, and right around the corner is the waiting line to get some drinks or food.

I've been to many places but I can't remember any of them being like this. Always quick entry, and lots of food/drink stands and toilets.

Also the men's toilets. It felt like a nightclub with those urinoirs 😅

Hope later this week it will be better.

  • Like 3
Posted
On 9/13/2026 at 4:24 PM, Coffeegirl said:

Give it a rest… we’ve just spent 6 years wondering if we’ll ever get to see Celine perform live again, it’s exhausting to see people still so intent on nitpicking and being NEGATIVE… let’s just appreciate this moment for what it is…… vocal changes are a very normal part of AGING… most of what you’ve described will be because she is 58 not 28, it’s like expecting Simone Biles to still be able to pull of an Olympic gold standard vault in 30 years time. Not happening! So if you could please just get a grip on the realities of growing old.. thank you 

Also just for educational purposes SPS will always ‘be there’ in response to your earlier post… it’s an incurable disease. 

I agree with you and let's not forget menopause can affect your voice as well. 

I think some people expect way too much from her. No one said it was perfect but it was still really good, especially given the circumstances. She was also very emotional. If it isn't up to your standards, you don't have to listen to her. 

I really feel bad for her, there's already so much criticism on social media, let's just be supportive. I really hope she doesn't see all this negativity, it makes me sad. 

  • Like 1
Posted
On 9/13/2026 at 9:54 PM, Remon said:

LOL this is how I find out I was sitting behind Shania Twain 🤣

  • Haha 7

Philadelphia, PA, Sept 5 2008.

New York, NY, Sept 16 2008, Madison-Freaking-Square Garden.

Posted
On 9/13/2026 at 9:45 PM, mirage said:

I thought it was me, but the venue was horrible. I don't know who designed but they clearly didn't do their homework.

It was a mess getting there from the station, it was a mess getting into the venue, and inside the venue it was a mess.

Who puts the merchandise stand in front of the toilets where people line up, and right around the corner is the waiting line to get some drinks or food.

I've been to many places but I can't remember any of them being like this. Always quick entry, and lots of food/drink stands and toilets.

Also the men's toilets. It felt like a nightclub with those urinoirs 😅

Hope later this week it will be better.

100% I’ve never experienced a situation/place like it…

I’m amazed anyone bought this place over recently… I’d knock it down and start all over.

The staff were lovely though and almost felt embarrassed by the situation and repetitive questions from annoyed concert goers.

 

  • Like 2
Posted (edited)
On 9/13/2026 at 11:00 PM, lyn said:

LOL this is how I find out I was sitting behind Shania Twain 🤣

I was looking right at her for about half a minute without recognizing her at all. She was one of the people John Nelson was talking to when I posted about seeing him and I just thought “what an interesting looking woman”, she definitely had a special energy that made me notice her without ever realizing it was Shania.

Edited by Céline RO
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
The best is yet to come...
Posted
On 9/13/2026 at 5:42 PM, D.V. said:

I’m trying to ignore the delusions and negativity from some of you. You really need hobbies. 

But this made me emotional. The pure joy she has here. 🥹❤️

 https://youtube.com/shorts/FobbI01UFDQ?si=96q2jJZOzUW4uArW

Does anyone know what she said?

For all the haters...

Look at her, her reaction. PRICELESS!! I hope they keep this in the setlist, it makes her happy, and right now for me thats all what counts.

  • Like 3
Posted
On 9/13/2026 at 11:05 PM, Shamrock_1982 said:

100% I’ve never experienced a situation/place like it…

I’m amazed anyone bought this place over recently… I’d knock it down and start all over.

The staff were lovely though and almost felt embarrassed by the situation and repetitive questions from annoyed concert goers.

 

You have to admit though, it’s a very cool looking venue when you first walk in. 

The best is yet to come...
Posted

Is anyone able to find/get the semi pro recordings someone called Pete Cadman recorded during the concert? His videos are used by many news outlet. Celine's voice is much clearer without the audience. 

Posted
On 9/13/2026 at 5:11 PM, biscuit2 said:

Unpopular opinion Dansons need to stay and reflect the resilience during the covid lockdown very poetically. I must admit that the song is difficult to sing even for french people, but what a beautiful message, even in difficulties we can move and dance. I don't know, i'm on wheelchair and it's bring me hope and joy that I can dance and move in my imagination. 

I don't see "Dansons" being cut any time soon. For one, she loves to dance. Two, she loves loves loves JJG. Three, the single was her recording comeback so that would make it special to her too. Honestly I hope she does keep some fresh stuff if she likes it rather than feeling she has to give us the same songs for 20+ years.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Posted
On 9/14/2026 at 12:18 AM, Céline RO said:

I was looking right at her for about half a minute without recognizing her at all. She was one of the people John Nelson was talking to when I posted about seeing him and I just thought “what an interesting looking woman”, she definitely had a special energy that made me notice her without ever realizing it was Shania.

You're so lucky! only those that have been following her 😃 could know that's her, she doesn't look recognizable given all the surgeries. It's cute that Celine and her still good friends, a duet will be something cool. 

"Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City Hall

Needed where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"

Posted
On 9/13/2026 at 5:37 PM, sarit_celine said:

You're so lucky! only those that have been following her 😃 could know that's her, she doesn't look recognizable given all the surgeries. It's cute that Celine and her still good friends, a duet will be something cool. 

I think Celine and Shania are friendly after all the years but I don’t think they are probably “friends”… I think Shania is a fan of Celine that’s obvious over the years. She’s an artists’ artist always very supportive of her peers. 

  • Like 1
Posted
On 9/13/2026 at 3:05 PM, celine2199 said:

You must be a fxxking delight in real life,I bet you have tons of friends...👍

All these silly and pathetic personal attacks, all as a result of criticising Celine’s poor vocal performance. It exactly proves my point. If it pisses you off, you’re probably somewhere on the stan spectrum. Grow up.  

She failed and disappointed big time vocally, basically every (live) moment she exerted a bit more ambition, beyond the level of speech and whispery singing.
We all heard what we heard. Obviously this is also covered by the press in the reviews that have been surfacing today. They however do not take into account that she mimed/ playbacked basically all important phrases, balancing the overall evaluation of her vocal performance. Good for Céline, her business and people overly identifying with her fame. Congrats to you! 
 




 

 

Posted (edited)
On 9/13/2026 at 5:46 PM, garçon said:

All these silly and pathetic personal attacks, all as a result of criticising Celine’s poor vocal performance. It exactly proves my point. If it pisses you off, you’re probably somewhere on the stan spectrum. Grow up.  

She failed and disappointed big time vocally, basically every (live) moment she exerted a bit more ambition, beyond the level of speech and whispery singing.
We all heard what we heard. Obviously this is also covered by the press in the reviews that have been surfacing today. They however do not take into account that she mimed/ playbacked basically all important phrases, balancing the overall evaluation of her vocal performance. Good for Céline, her business and people overly identifying with her fame. Congrats to you! 
 




 

 

I think you should let  your dog lick your eardrums… clearly there’s wax buildup. 👂 🐶 

Edited by Nmj
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
Posted

My suggestion to those arriving is not to use the main entrance to go through security, but the one near Porte 5 by the Okko hotel. We got through in 10 min.  I don't find the arena bad at all.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted
On 9/14/2026 at 12:44 AM, Nmj said:

I think Celine and Shania are friendly after all the years but I don’t think they are probably “friends”… I think Shania is a fan of Celine that’s obvious over the years. She’s an artists’ artist always very supportive of her peers. 

About being good friends that's the impression I got since the VH1 Divas show and reading what they said about each other during the years.

"Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City Hall

Needed where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"

Posted

Great bit on the evening news on bbc tonight. Very positive. Really emphasised her as one of the best selling artists ever. My aunty went oh your mates on 🤣🤣🥰

IMG_3217.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
Posted

I wonder if this ghastly illness allowed her to finally lower her voice. Not pretend to be the powerhouse of the 90s. I’d rather this than lipped to things from years ago. She can be herself at last. And I still hear power. The power of a more mature icon ❤️❤️❤️❤️

  • Like 5
Posted

I work in a primary school. Well two. I remember my nursery nurse from 2019 saying the children in this village are brought up on two things. Love and Celine Dion. I’ll take that after 24 years doing it ❤️

  • Like 3
Posted
On 9/14/2026 at 1:05 AM, homerton said:

I wonder if this ghastly illness allowed her to finally lower her voice. Not pretend to be the powerhouse of the 90s. I’d rather this than lipped to things from years ago. She can be herself at last. And I still hear power. The power of a more mature icon ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Many times I thought about the fact she had to scream her voice out in order to match out Whitney and Mariah, what a nightmare that must have been for her. It's wise choice to slow everything down because she is getting older plus health conditions, though it fit her classic style, that's a win-win situation, and even with slowing down there is so much creative things to do as we all saw yesterday. It's a new way for Celine, I'm all in for that! 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

"Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City Hall

Needed where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"

Posted

I agree, Dansons should stay, at least for some of the run.

I wonder why she lowered it so much? I mean, the album version seems low to me, but this one almost feels too low, though holy geez she nailed her notes, I had no idea it was possible to sing that low and hit it.

As for the SPS itself, yes, it's progressive, but I feel like she has a milder case, if that's even possible or makes sense. I know nothing about it, and we have only what she's told the media about her own situation. And, as we know, the media loves to twist things around, at least some of them do. So we don't really know how things are now, at least not in her own words. We have her manager and others saying her health is good and the disease is under control, but that's all I've seen. Maybe sometime she'll do an updated interview or something, who knows.

To people who think she doesn't have power in her voice anymore, what do you call the Olympics performance? Even if it was prerecorded, the fact that she can hit, and hold, the notes she did should tell you something. Was she raspy? At times yes, but overall, I'd say she sounded as good as ever.

Does she sound like nineties Celine? No, and she can't, she's older, her voice has changed because of age.

She told us in the documentary that she'd be back on stage, even if she had to crawl to get there, talk with her hands, etc. If that doesn't tell you how determined she is, how much she loves what she does, and how much she missed the fans, nothing ever will.

Does she have SPS? Yes. Should we attach it to every part of her life? No, I don't think so. It's like being blind or having any other disability. It exists, but it's not who you are. Even she said she won't let this define her, so why should we?

I think, and I know there are others who agree, that things can only get better from here. So let's just wait and see what happens.

  • Like 6
my life, my dream, my Céline.
Posted

Someone commented on the full Because You Loved Me video. I'll copy and paste it below. 
 

@justinefisher1611, •, 2 hours ago, Hi! I'm Justine Fisher, with CBS News. We love your video and are wondering if we can use it for a CBS Mornings piece?

  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   6 members

    • Marc29
    • Dancing_Queen
    • brendanm999
    • Nmj
    • anewdayhascome
    • chs
×
×
  • Create New...