Popular Post jolo87 Posted September 13, 2026 at 12:31 PM Popular Post Posted September 13, 2026 at 12:31 PM (edited) On 9/13/2026 at 8:21 PM, garçon said: Omg, they’re really eating (and believing) this. You don’t have to be a Céline fanatic to not only see but clearly also HEAR the ABM C5 was lipped. Actually, she sounded terrible on basically every projected, live bigger note. Not only in the mixed voice section. Let’s be honest folks.. So now we know for sure that the only parts left are in the speech and whispering segments. There’s a little more strength in her head voice, but not much natural resonance and she can’t very well sustain there to create enough dynamics. It’s all very logical since she doesn’t have the physical or muscular strength to produce the necessary air flows to create any of that. All gone. I feel grieve to be honest, again. Concerning La Wally: The aria was barely a demonstration of classical singing. For example, she relied far too much on nasality and was working on a very narrow path all the time, singing in a tiny mask, with barely projection and resonance needed for this aria (the emphasis on the ‘r’, a cringey Callas reference, didn’t add much of depth). I hope ‘the classical world’, so real classical soprano’s for example, will not treat her like a laughing stock; a new Florence Foster Jenkins. It sounded awful to be honest, but it was very daring nonetheless and puts light on a beautiful and famous piece of opera history. You've identified some valid issues with her voice, yes. She's lost some ability to project, her placement and pitch in her upper register was spotty, her falsetto is not as well-supported, etc. All completely valid and worth pointing out, but consider the overall presentation and quality of the voice. Within a more limited range her voice is beautiful and well-supported. She has changed her interpretation of certain songs to focus on the lows, the higher passages are less of an exclamation mark and more of a comma. This is not the result of a total vocal failure but is rather a deliberate musical decision she has taken partly to protect her voice and also possibly due to damage to either her lungs or larynx as a result of repeated spasms. Her vocal technique has actually improved compared to ten years ago, and she is compensating for whatever damage she has suffered rather artfully. Again, with the Wally criticism you are completely forgetting about tone. Her voice sounds quite beautiful there even though, as you said, she is singing through a smaller mask. To compare her to Florence Foster Jenkins, who had a horrid, sharp and frankly unlistenable voice is just absurd. Celine has adapted into a sort of impressionistic style of singing. Some things which were once present are absent, yes, but those absences are handled creatively, and the overall musical picture formed retains its integrity. Edited September 13, 2026 at 12:33 PM by jolo87 4 5 Quote
garçon Posted September 13, 2026 at 12:39 PM Posted September 13, 2026 at 12:39 PM Of course ‘the real fan card’ is being played already so easily and quickly, by all (identifying so strongly with their own respective idea of ‘Céline’, mostly relying so much on a shallow parasocial relationship) personally offended by critique on very poor vocal performance, which anyone with a good ear and some basic knowledge of singing hears. You don’t offend me by saying I’m not a (real) fan because I’m, perhaps bluntly, stating the obvious. Rather, it looks very bad on yourself rejecting someone as ‘a real fan’, who’s just sharing a substantiated opinion. Harsh but true. She’s definitely done as a legendary vocalist. Now let’s enjoy the gowns, the beautiful gowns. 1 Quote
Popular Post mirage Posted September 13, 2026 at 12:43 PM Popular Post Posted September 13, 2026 at 12:43 PM I am amazed to read such disappointment with some of you. Yes I would love the old belting parts. But that's not gonna happen. She is almost 60 years old. Her voice changes, she has SPS. Did she did her best and gave her all? Big time! Like one article said, did she sound good on all songs? No, but you can only have respect for her. 10 Quote
MaxRayÎles Posted September 13, 2026 at 12:45 PM Posted September 13, 2026 at 12:45 PM On 9/13/2026 at 9:31 AM, jolo87 said: You've identified some valid issues with her voice, yes. She's lost some ability to project, her placement and pitch in her upper register was spotty, her falsetto is not as well-supported, etc. All completely valid and worth pointing out, but consider the overall presentation and quality of the voice. Within a more limited range her voice is beautiful and well-supported. She has changed her interpretation of certain songs to focus on the lows, the higher passages are less of an exclamation mark and more of a comma. This is not the result of a total vocal failure but is rather a deliberate musical decision. Again, with the Wally criticism you are completely forgetting about tone. Her voice sounds quite beautiful there even though, as you said, she is singing through a smaller mask. To compare her to Florence Foster Jenkins, who had a horrid, sharp and frankly unlistenable voice is just absurd. Celine has adapted into a sort of impressionistic style of singing. Some things which were once present are absent, yes, but those absences are handled creatively, and the overall musical picture formed retains its integrity. well said Quote
Popular Post yoyoma88 Posted September 13, 2026 at 12:49 PM Popular Post Posted September 13, 2026 at 12:49 PM (edited) On 9/13/2026 at 7:38 AM, Ajax said: This. Exactly the same. Her new voice is so damaged. There’s really not much left of the singer she used to be. For me, it feels like grieving a loss. That takes absolutely nothing away from her courage. She must have been through absolute hell to get to where she is today. But she’s really not the singer she once was anymore — not even compared with her worst moments before Covid. We’re a very long way from that now. For once, can’t we just be happy for her? Yes, her voice has changed. Yes, she has limitations now. But she is still standing on a stage in front of 40,000 people, performing a 28-song set, after everything she has been through. Whether every song is completely live, partially live, or uses playback, that still requires an enormous amount of physical and mental energy to command a stadium of that size. And honestly, compared with other artists her age, who is still attempting something on this scale? Name one. Elton John was doing it until relatively recently, but how many artists at this stage of their lives are even willing—or physically able—to put themselves through this? Expecting Céline at this point in her life to sound exactly like Céline in her 20s or 30s is like expecting a 58-year-old Serena Williams to walk onto a tennis court and still win a Grand Slam. At some point, perhaps we need to appreciate what someone can still do rather than constantly measuring them against what they could do at their absolute physical peak. She doesn't have to do any of this. She could have walked away. Instead, she is choosing to perform, to connect with her audience and to give people something she clearly still loves. So yes, mourn the voice you remember if that's how you feel. But perhaps leave a little room to celebrate the woman who is still here. And honestly, the expectation that everything must remain at its absolute peak forever is a rather bizarre one. I’m almost sorry for anyone who has had to live life believing that anything short of perfection isn't worth celebrating. Edited September 13, 2026 at 01:01 PM by yoyoma88 15 3 Quote
Popular Post yoyoma88 Posted September 13, 2026 at 12:59 PM Popular Post Posted September 13, 2026 at 12:59 PM On 9/13/2026 at 8:39 AM, garçon said: Of course ‘the real fan card’ is being played already so easily and quickly, by all (identifying so strongly with their own respective idea of ‘Céline’, mostly relying so much on a shallow parasocial relationship) personally offended by critique on very poor vocal performance, which anyone with a good ear and some basic knowledge of singing hears. You don’t offend me by saying I’m not a (real) fan because I’m, perhaps bluntly, stating the obvious. Rather, it looks very bad on yourself rejecting someone as ‘a real fan’, who’s just sharing a substantiated opinion. Harsh but true. She’s definitely done as a legendary vocalist. Now let’s enjoy the gowns, the beautiful gowns. “Anyone with a good ear” is quite a sweeping statement, especially when the critique itself isn’t really substantiated beyond declaring the performance “very poor.” You’re also judging her as though she should still be singing exactly as she did in her 20s and 30s. Given everything her voice and body have been through, is that really a fair comparison? Vocal ability changes with age, health, technique, and circumstances. You can absolutely dislike or criticize a performance, but presenting your personal assessment as an objective fact is a different thing. And this is, I suspect, what actually irritates fans. It’s not simply the criticism—it’s the certainty with which you dismiss anyone who sees the performance differently as someone who is emotionally blinded by a “parasocial relationship” or who supposedly lacks a “good ear.” You’re doing essentially the same thing you accuse fans of doing: reducing a complex discussion to your own definition of what a “real” assessment should be. One question, though: if you were offered a completely free ticket to see Céline live tomorrow, would you go? If the answer is yes, then clearly there is still something about her artistry, presence, or even her voice that you consider worth your time. And perhaps that’s the more interesting conversation than declaring that she is simply “done” as a legendary vocalist. Criticism is fair. Pretending your opinion is the only musically informed one isn’t. 11 4 Quote
Popular Post Kong Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:03 PM Popular Post Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:03 PM This photo is just PERFECT. (Taken from Just Jared) 14 Quote
Popular Post AdrienneM Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:03 PM Popular Post Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:03 PM On 9/13/2026 at 1:39 PM, garçon said: Of course ‘the real fan card’ is being played already so easily and quickly, by all (identifying so strongly with their own respective idea of ‘Céline’, mostly relying so much on a shallow parasocial relationship) personally offended by critique on very poor vocal performance, which anyone with a good ear and some basic knowledge of singing hears. You don’t offend me by saying I’m not a (real) fan because I’m, perhaps bluntly, stating the obvious. Rather, it looks very bad on yourself rejecting someone as ‘a real fan’, who’s just sharing a substantiated opinion. Harsh but true. She’s definitely done as a legendary vocalist. Now let’s enjoy the gowns, the beautiful gowns. Trying to present yourself as intellectually superior or “above it all” isn’t helping your case either. The solution is really quite simple, if you think she sounds like crap then you don’t have to engage at all. Simply move on. If I dislike something I don’t bother with it, rather than treat others who share a different perspective as delusional idiots- maybe you should do the same. 10 1 Quote
celine2199 Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:05 PM Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:05 PM On 9/13/2026 at 8:39 PM, garçon said: Of course ‘the real fan card’ is being played already so easily and quickly, by all (identifying so strongly with their own respective idea of ‘Céline’, mostly relying so much on a shallow parasocial relationship) personally offended by critique on very poor vocal performance, which anyone with a good ear and some basic knowledge of singing hears. You don’t offend me by saying I’m not a (real) fan because I’m, perhaps bluntly, stating the obvious. Rather, it looks very bad on yourself rejecting someone as ‘a real fan’, who’s just sharing a substantiated opinion. Harsh but true. She’s definitely done as a legendary vocalist. Now let’s enjoy the gowns, the beautiful gowns. You must be a fxxking delight in real life,I bet you have tons of friends...👍 2 2 Quote
TheBobWig Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:06 PM Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:06 PM Reflecting on yesterday, on her journey, on her struggle, this is what comes to mind for me: Au-dessus de nous, dedans et tout autour Le miracle est partout mon amour 4 Quote
Popular Post Nmj Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:12 PM Popular Post Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:12 PM On 9/13/2026 at 7:41 AM, AdrienneM said: If anyone hates how she sounds, think she’s “finished”, and has nothing but negative critiques and talks about “grieving” her and/or her voice, then I really don’t think there’s much point in visiting this thread or contributing to it again. You’re entitled to your opinion, but it gets to a point where it’s just nasty, and im sure most don’t really want to hear it. Some people think Celine at 58 should be able to hold a note until next month on every song for 20 songs in a row? She’s 57, has SPS, and had to build the confidence to even sing again. She’ll improve as the residency goes on but she’ll never be 28 again. I truly think she’s holding back too… it’s almost like she’d want to project more on some moments but decides to take the safer approach and NOT push it… could that to avoid triggering herself? Either way if Celine sounded “bad” to anyone I’d suggest they use their ears properly. We have people here saying she “has no instrument left” ….. we ALL have ears, don’t feed us that bullshit. 11 4 Quote
Ajax Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:17 PM Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:17 PM My connection with Céline has always been through her voice. Of course, other things — her repertoire, her personality, and so on — became intertwined with that over time. But it is very much through that prism that my connection with her was built. Without necessarily knowing much about vocal technique, I loved dissecting every note and being profoundly moved by every single sound. I shared my emotions here, my feelings, and my admiration for what I consider to be her immense talent. So without that, yes, I inevitably feel a little lost — and, perhaps foolishly, sad too. I’ll keep following these concerts and watching to see how things may evolve. But no, she hasn’t got her voice back. The damage is irreversible. She has lost that golden voice. She can still do beautiful things, but it’s hard to come to terms with. Of course, I remain deeply admiring of her fight, and of the amount of work she must have put in to be able to sing the way she does despite everything she has been through. I just hope she’ll know when it’s time to stop, before things deteriorate to the point where it becomes painful to watch her on stage. Quote
TheBobWig Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:21 PM Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:21 PM According to Claudette, around 40 of the Dions attended the show. https://www.facebook.com/share/r/1EtUARjz4q/ 1 Quote
Popular Post Shamrock_1982 Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:24 PM Popular Post Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:24 PM My review of the night Spoiler What a night. First a few tips for those who are attending future shows… they say be there for 6.00pm ( 2 hrs ahead of show time ) well I was there at 5.45pm and the queue to get in was the worst I have ever seen it took 45 mins to get just to the security check and then you had to queue again to show tickets ( I have been to shows at Wembley Stadium which has a much larger capacity and the experience of getting in is so quick and organised compared to here ). The show was delayed 50 mins because people still weren’t in the building. I hope they improve their current plan, but to avoid the wait and stress, I’d advise getting there for around 5.00/5.15pm Once inside again for the size of the place there are not many toilets or places to get food and there was one tiny bar that I could see on the ground level and two guys with beer kegs on their backs with queues almost as bad as the queue to get in. The toilets are shared which causes huge queues. It’s just a badly designed and managed venue. Anyways moving on… The stage and staging had my mouth on the floor… huge and so impressive… I don’t think photos and videos do it justice even looking back at mine. The atmosphere was great, and thankfully there wasn’t too much chant from a certain group, so I was happy lol. Céline looked like an angel. I was section A row 6 seat 104, so right bang in the middle of the stage and not to close so I could take everything in. I loved how the band were revealed and I think the costumes were amazing, especially the last one which was my favourite. The hair as I said after seeing the wig the other day, was so much better as it’s dark and it went with the concept of the show and merch much better… the vibe of this show was so different from her past shows, reflecting and celebrating at the same time and it was a simple and relaxed vibe. She was obviously nervous with the first 2 songs and it showed in places which is fine, but she soon seemed to relax and enjoy it. But I found her voice stronger in the uptempos. Negatives: The setlist wasn’t bad… but I would tweak maybe 3 songs. Remove Danson’s and replace with Bonjour Pardon Merci, as it was boring live and stood out in a bad way for me. Courage I don’t think has ever been good live, so I would like to see that replaced. LCMM oh god it started well with the choir and then she started screeching again like she use to. Please Céline, please lol. Remove the prayer and replace with Call The Man/ Let’s Talk About Love, with the choir. I know the show is in Paris, with a setlist that’s 50/50 but I’m slighted annoyed that she only spoke once in English. I’d be fine with subtitles if she prefers to speak in French but this is a show for fans from her French and English career. Most of what she says is scripted anyway so it should be a huge problem this day in age. How the show ended for me was weird as a residency… listen I don’t expect her to fly or disappear like Adele but “something” other than her simply walking off with a wave, I just felt it needed that little special good bye/ good night moment, something more memorable. A lot of people were commenting on the way out about the show and quite a few people commented that the visuals used for when she’s off stage were boring and very repetitive… huge screens… they could have better interludes. Positives I’m just so happy to have her back on stage, it’s incredible, it really is. Her voice has obviously changed slightly but I love it. She’s incredibly brave to show us her voice now and must be applauded for it especially as she’s so iconic. It’s the first time I didn’t really take that many photos or videos, as I wanted to be in the moment and take everything in. The highlight for me was when she performed the TPOL in full and completely live with that gorgeous new arrangement… I feel it really showcased her voice with the instruments taking a back seat unlike previous times and the crowd loved it!!! When the chase came on, I was singing and dancing and soon figured out that I was probably the only one in my section who was singing along and she noticed me at one point with a point and a slight smile. The new intro for My Heart Will Go On is soooo good and she sang it beautifully. I feel love vocally and visually was so refreshing and fitted the show and her really well and she seemed to love performing it too. Now… TTWII is my favourite song and with the new arrangement at first I wasn’t sure, but after watching it back, I love it and her little quirky dance moves in it, especially when she struts across the stage with her trouser legs swaying. I don’t think the arrangement worked the same for I’m Alive though. All by myself was moving, I must have watched the last 35 seconds of my video over 60 times today already… the high parts were live and although not perfect it was beautiful… lurve lurve lurve her! Did anyone notice that when she sang the opera song that Scott was in front row conducting her… I also liked how her backing singers joined the choir dressed in the same outfits. When the rock appeared out of the ground with the mic positioned on top, I thought she was going to come out climb it and sing the circle of life from the Lion king musical lol. I’m so glad I went… and would love to see it again (if) it was tweaked here and there. Although cheaper seats this time lol. I’d did my heart good to see people not only last night but this morning also of all ages wearing the new Céline T-shirts. The most popular seems to be the white tshirt with her name and her in the black dress. Currently on my way back to London and so happy I was there for her first night back, what a woman, what a night! 22 1 Quote
lyn Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:28 PM Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:28 PM For all the unique conversation this forum always brings… I just wanna say how grateful I am for you guys 😁 Getting to enjoy this with a number of you made this already epic experience all the more enjoyable. I never unleash this deeply personal Celine energy on anyone in real life, so it was a real joy to see Celine be her full, raw self this week, and hey I got to as well! Thank you for the amazing company, conversation, and accidental lunch “with” RC 😂❤️ 5 Quote Philadelphia, PA, Sept 5 2008.New York, NY, Sept 16 2008, Madison-Freaking-Square Garden.
CourageProject Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:31 PM Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:31 PM why is the social media post on instagram not doing good? it only has 1.7 million views right now Quote
Unison Addict Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:36 PM Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:36 PM On 9/13/2026 at 8:31 PM, CourageProject said: why is the social media post on instagram not doing good? it only has 1.7 million views right now Maybe just give it more time? It was just posted four hours ago. Quote
CourageProject Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:39 PM Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:39 PM On 9/13/2026 at 7:06 PM, Unison Addict said: Maybe just give it more time? It was just posted four hours ago. well given the hype, it should've already done better. Maybe you're right, it might not have hit the algorithm. Quote
jolo87 Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:40 PM Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:40 PM (edited) On 9/13/2026 at 9:39 PM, garçon said: Of course ‘the real fan card’ is being played already so easily and quickly, by all (identifying so strongly with their own respective idea of ‘Céline’, mostly relying so much on a shallow parasocial relationship) personally offended by critique on very poor vocal performance, which anyone with a good ear and some basic knowledge of singing hears. You don’t offend me by saying I’m not a (real) fan because I’m, perhaps bluntly, stating the obvious. Rather, it looks very bad on yourself rejecting someone as ‘a real fan’, who’s just sharing a substantiated opinion. Harsh but true. She’s definitely done as a legendary vocalist. Now let’s enjoy the gowns, the beautiful gowns. With all due respect, a legendary vocalist is only done when they give up, can't sing at all or can't even finish a show, turn off their fans by performing poorly and thus can't sell tickets, or when they get booed off of the stage. I think you have a rather one-dimensional parasocial relationship with the idea of her voice at a certain point in time which presents you from grasping the whole picture of her performance. There are flaws and defecits in her voice today, yes. But she is to be commended for how she has compensated for and worked around them because she has done so with musicality, and in a way that is pleasing to the ear and interesting to listen to. For that one, simple reason she has reaffirmed herself as a legendary vocalist in spite of her flaws. Edited September 13, 2026 at 01:41 PM by jolo87 3 2 Quote
Nmj Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:40 PM Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:40 PM On 9/13/2026 at 9:31 AM, CourageProject said: why is the social media post on instagram not doing good? it only has 1.7 million views right now They posted at an odd time. Quote
manu23 Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:41 PM Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:41 PM Great reviews from the UK press! What about France? Btw, did anyone wait for her at the hotel after the concert? Probably best to try when she leaves to the venue in the afternoon. 2 Quote
Nmj Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:42 PM Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:42 PM Is this her brother Michel? It’s been a few years either he looks different or it’s not him. Quote
Macaronie Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:45 PM Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:45 PM Lovin' the reviews. Makes me even more excited for my October concert ! 🖤 My big ol' mouth said he'd watch only the opening song on streaming apps, but failure was upon me... 1 Quote
Céline RO Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:46 PM Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:46 PM Who even came up with that stupid term ‘parasocial relationship’? It’s called love. 1 3 Quote The best is yet to come...
mirage Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:46 PM Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:46 PM On 9/13/2026 at 2:31 PM, jolo87 said: You've identified some valid issues with her voice, yes. She's lost some ability to project, her placement and pitch in her upper register was spotty, her falsetto is not as well-supported, etc. All completely valid and worth pointing out, but consider the overall presentation and quality of the voice. Within a more limited range her voice is beautiful and well-supported. She has changed her interpretation of certain songs to focus on the lows, the higher passages are less of an exclamation mark and more of a comma. This is not the result of a total vocal failure but is rather a deliberate musical decision she has taken partly to protect her voice and also possibly due to damage to either her lungs or larynx as a result of repeated spasms. Her vocal technique has actually improved compared to ten years ago, and she is compensating for whatever damage she has suffered rather artfully. Again, with the Wally criticism you are completely forgetting about tone. Her voice sounds quite beautiful there even though, as you said, she is singing through a smaller mask. To compare her to Florence Foster Jenkins, who had a horrid, sharp and frankly unlistenable voice is just absurd. Celine has adapted into a sort of impressionistic style of singing. Some things which were once present are absent, yes, but those absences are handled creatively, and the overall musical picture formed retains its integrity. Well said, she really adapted to her new sound and she did good. What's not there anymore makes up with something else. Quote
mirage Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:51 PM Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:51 PM Was listening to Just A Little Bit Of Love, how amazing would that have been with the choir at the show? 😍 3 Quote
TommKat22 Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:54 PM Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:54 PM A surprisingly good review from Rolling Stone: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-live-reviews/celine-dion-returns-live-comeback-paris-review-1235625843/ 4 1 Quote Tommy
homerton Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:54 PM Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:54 PM Her voice is softer and lovelier. It’s more human. She sounds like Celine. I had the live on. Kids in my family knew the songs. It was so funny. One said that’s your favourite singer. You love her 😅. Now if a 7 year old can tell it’s Celine, those saying not might need to borrow my hearing aids. I’m willing to share. Welcome back Celine. As one news report said in a dark and grave world, we all needed a bit of Celine. 🥰 6 Quote
Nmj Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:54 PM Posted September 13, 2026 at 01:54 PM On 9/13/2026 at 9:51 AM, mirage said: Was listening to Just A Little Bit Of Love, how amazing would that have been with the choir at the show? 😍 That could’ve been great but seriously imagine the climax of ANDHC with the choir when the band sings with her for “Let The Rain Come Down….” The choir would’ve been magical on that. I wish the choir section was longer! 6 1 Quote
Nmj Posted September 13, 2026 at 02:00 PM Posted September 13, 2026 at 02:00 PM Also she didn’t do a John Farnham song… that tells me one of two things she already recorded it without an audience during one of the rehearsals , for the special coming soon OR the show will be fluid and constantly change… La Parisien was quoted saying that the show could “evolve” and change with the weeks to come. Wonder if the outfits and songs will change weekly or she’ll go the route she did in the past and hardly change. Also when that rock came out for the Callas song… I was hoping that she’d do MHWGO in that segments… I love that it didn’t close the show for once, but call me old school but singing it in pants gives me feelings 🤣 so used to seeing a gown for that. It just felt wrong 😂. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.