Jump to content

Concert residency in Paris 2026/2027! *Spoilers*


Recommended Posts

Posted
On 9/13/2026 at 12:17 PM, Ajax said:

Do we have articles from Canada, Quebec ? No words from Obama Shania Oprah to name a few ?

Shania posted a post and story on Instagram. 
IMG_7265.thumb.jpeg.4456567ff4777f0a320319fa0cf68f8a.jpeg

  • Like 4
Posted
On 9/13/2026 at 4:48 PM, AdrienneM said:

This is how I felt interestingly enough- some of her live vocals were far stronger than (especially for me) the IACBTMN track. Songs like Je Chanterai she really gave her all. 

I agree on the IACBTMN track. I don’t know why they decided to go with that one, I feel like she could sing it better live.

And to us inside the venue, “Je chanterai” sounded exactly like the album version, it was incredible!

  • Like 2
The best is yet to come...
Posted
On 9/13/2026 at 7:04 PM, anewdayhascome said:

I rarely post these days because so many criticize for anything that is said if everything is not perceived as awesome.... but I went to the concert last night and since I sat in the 2nd row center I think I have had a good view of everything from so close. First a round of short questions.

The voice? it's truly amazing live, the recordings don't do justice, she was very careful with every note she did as it was clearly the most stressful concert for her but she sounds really GOOD. 

The show? Was it important? Yes. Was it emotional? Extremely! Was it good? Yes. I liked it but don't love it, it's nowhere near 2016 setlist 

It's also the first show ever that, as some of you pointed out, has some surprising highs and surprising lows which are so obvious...

Highlights

1. ONCP - It's AMAZING, loved that they continued playing the instrumental during the ovation and that they didn't stop, the ovation became part of it

2. Destin, EUS, LDSLP, TLDH, NBP, JC, DMDB, PQTME, SSDA - all AMAZING! the French part really stood out love the transitions

3. new arrangements for all old songs (French and English), maybe not for forever, but finally something fresh and it was so interesting!

4. the stage - it's hard to actually dscribe the stage because it's basically empty, apart from those columns there is literally nothing and sometimes even the band (or part of it is hidden) BUT this gives an amazing spotlight on Celine, the focus is all on her, It's her and the stage. Simply stunning, we don't need more

5. The voice which is gentle and soft and you could see that she put a lot of effort to sing technically well and have good pronounciation, she will improve even more when the stress will disappear and she will get used to the new show

6. Celine's energy and warmth - it's soooooo good to just be with her around

 

Average moments

1. The Chase - as much as I loved this song and it's great she brought it live, it was definitely a low moment for general public + she needs to get used to singing it live, was struggling a bit

2. MHWGO - I loved the surprise and that it was finally moved, also the new instrumentals were great BUT it lost some charm... 1) the video interlude has nothing do with it 2) the costume is hideous for this song, I needed more time for MHWGO and she literally jumped to BATB without even giving us time to clap

3. LCMM - appreciate the placement and choir but it could have been left behind

 

Low moments:

1. Dansons - it's the most boring song in the whole show, they will probably never cut it because of the video interlude where she dances, but it's SO boring live

2. IA/TTWII - as much as I liked their arrangments, I hate those totally unnecessary covers that were interwoven which made both songs lost their full meaning and exposure, especially TTWII was super short

3. BATB/ABM/TP - I really think we could live without them, especially in the French show, if Barnev has to sing something do IYA at least. Also, I feel they are pushing for ABM too much, I was so happy that it was not in the concert that when it showed up at the end I was even more disappointed that it's back

4. MHWGO interlude is so WEIRD - the desert has nothing to do with the song, Celine looks weird/ a la IA video in Shakira's concert/ there is a spaceship or something at the end? SO WEIRD

5. the opera - while I understand the REASON, everybody was just sitting and asking what it was and didn't really enjoy it, this was maybe the only second time people sat in the front

6. lack of Celine's talking - some transitions between the songs were weird or long. She probably didn't want to talk much so that she is not to teary but it was not enough. I don't mean 20min Ashes bla bla bla speech but she literally barely talk. She didn't leave time for ovations between songs, didn't comment the songs (like a transition between MHWGO and BATB could have been a sentence of doing movie songs), or a comment before/after the opera - maybe then the opera would make more sense, because we know why she chose it but not everybody + nobody knows what the song is about and you couldn't understand as it was neither in French nor English, a comment was missing

 

MISSING 

Where the hell is BPM? People were literally singing BPM while leaving the stadium and she didn't do it even though Ycare was in the arena

ANDHC - it's OBJECTIVELY missing in this setlist. I don't get it. Celine is literally paraphrasing the whole song in her speech : waiting for so long, seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, then seeing the sun (I was waiting for so long, everyone told me to be strong, I see the light in the sky, it's blinding me, I've been touch with love)

 

After PQTME there is kind of a mosh pit even though there is not a lot space but they literally told us to come closer

And it was so weird to hear Map to my heart, Somebody loves somebody and Bewitched bothered and bewildered while leaving. So different from what is included in the show. They were surely not rehearsed, my guess they might be playing just random songs while people leave

 

Take it or leave it. It's a solid show but leaves to be extremely desired. It gives hope though that it's not the end, just a new beginning :)

Congrats, you have to update your signature with this new show 😃 Still dreaming that one day she will come to my country so I can enjoy her live too.

  • Haha 1

"Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City Hall

Needed where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"

Posted

I’m so intrigued for the second show now. Surely Dansons will be dropped, hopefully replaced by BPM. And I’m generally interested to see if Céline is a bit more relaxed or just as nervous. 

  • Like 7

CDP.jpg

Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.

Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.

Posted
On 9/13/2026 at 5:44 PM, Céline RO said:

I agree on the IACBTMN track. I don’t know why they decided to go with that one, I feel like she could sing it better live.

And to us inside the venue, “Je chanterai” sounded exactly like the album version, it was incredible!

Im in total agreement. I refuse to believe that’s the best take they could’ve went with, but I guess that’s what to expect going forward. 

  • Like 1
Posted

the new arrangements were amazing. I personally would've loved MHWGO to start with flute, although I didn't hate the whole vocals thing going on there. Major English songs were missing from the setlist. I feel the two covers and the opera could've easily been replaced by 3 more of her english songs. And yes I agree with others, that even though the show in whole was amazing, the transitions were weird. There was no talk, no moment to applaud even. The Schiaparelli suit didn't really fit the MHWGO/BATB moment. I don't hate buns in general, they could've styled it better. I HATE THAT BUN in particular.

This is not me hating on the show. I loved it, it was amazing. But the show was only for french speaking people (obviously) which was tough to relate to. I hope she comes back to Vegas. or even London.

  • Like 3
Posted

No matter what we can think of her actual voice, Celine is a legend and knowing all the work she has put for that comeback it is truly a remarkable feat! And the reviews are unanimous about that and they are all great!!! This is amazing! I was deeply touched by the all the videos from the show that I've seen. Can't wait for the other shows. Im sure there will be more surprises as well!

  • Like 3
Posted

Two things can definitely be true at once. One can mourn the “old voice”, but has to be thankful that after everything she’s been through and given her age, that Celine was able to get on stage and give a 2 1/2 hour concert. 

Just because she’s not in her prime anymore, doesn’t take away from what she’s able to give us especially when you read that some people with SPS struggle to breathe on a daily basis. Imagine that struggling to breathe and yet Celine is on stage singing.

She’s not any different than a sports star or other singers. You can’t do it forever and if you’re still doing it at an older age, it’s not going to be like when you were younger.

The standards that Celine had for herself and what her public has expected from her : complete perfection, is over.  It’s unrealistic  

Mourn it, accept it and be thankful that she still recording music and getting up on stage. 

I have been a fan since Une Colombe and been following her career ever since Unison.  As with many people around the world, Celine’s music helped me through some darl days and now, its her courage through her struggle with SPS which continues to inspire me.

I wish for her to do it as long as she wants to, and feels that she can.

  • Like 7
Posted
On 9/13/2026 at 4:00 PM, Nmj said:

Also she didn’t do a John Farnham song… that tells me one of two things she already recorded it without an audience during one of the rehearsals , for the special coming soon OR the show will be fluid and constantly change… La Parisien was quoted saying that the show could “evolve” and change with the weeks to come. 

Wonder if the outfits and songs will change weekly or she’ll go the route she did in the past and hardly change. 
 

Also when that rock came out for the Callas song… I was hoping that she’d do MHWGO in that segments… I love that it didn’t close the show for once, but call me old school but singing it in pants gives  me feelings 🤣 so used to seeing a gown for that. It just felt wrong 😂.
 

Hahahah I had the same feeling about MHWGO, I liked she didn't close with it. BUT... that songs needs a gown, a dramatic one. Not a circus outfit. 😅

Maybe she did the Farham thing when she wore the wig last week?

  • Like 3
Posted
On 9/13/2026 at 1:17 PM, mirage said:

Hahahah I had the same feeling about MHWGO, I liked she didn't close with it. BUT... that songs needs a gown, a dramatic one. Not a circus outfit. 😅

Maybe she did the Farham thing when she wore the wig last week?

We think alike…that was my first thought too,  I think the wig was the day they  recorded it too 👀 

  • Like 1
Posted
On 9/13/2026 at 6:52 PM, AdrienneM said:

Im in total agreement. I refuse to believe that’s the best take they could’ve went with, but I guess that’s what to expect going forward. 

I have a theory that maybe they will use different tracks each night, to insure against lipsync accusations - they never did in the past but may have chosen to do so now with all the scrutiny.

That would mean either having a large batch of already recorded tracks (which I doubt) or recording the mic feed from the soundcheck each night and using that one for the subsequent show.

I guess we’ll find out Wednesday. It would be really cool if it played out that way, almost as good as having live vocals.

  • Like 5
The best is yet to come...
Posted

Drake posted a story on IG about Céline! He shared a post from the Hollywood Reporter

  • Like 1
Posted
On 9/13/2026 at 4:17 AM, CourageProject said:

was the crowd really as dead as it seemed in the videos?

It seems that the excitement died with the continous rage outside the hotel lol

I gave all i had—but hey, the audience is getting older, too 😉 At times, I felt like they were worried about applauding or cheering too much... out of concern for her illness.

  • Like 2
Posted

I’m going October and I’m beyond impressed and stoked for what I saw.  I’m now listening to the chase again and hope she actually sings it lol 😂 but I feel it’s gonna be dropped. Hope I’m wrong 

  • Like 3
Posted

Victor le Masne, the man behind the music of Paris Olympics collaborate again with Céline

 

Very happy and proud to collaborate once again with Céline Dion, this time for her Paris Residency at @plenitudearena .

Thank you @celinedion for your renewed trust.
I feel so privileged to be a witness of your art.

Thank you @willoperron for putting me on board, and congratulations on this beautiful show.

Thank you and bravo Scott Price & all the band.
 

  • Like 2
Posted

I’ve been able to watch quite a few videos now.

The brutalist set is impressive and seems to be constantly shifting, revealing new details, new shapes and new ways of presenting Céline, who very much remains the central focus. There’s a real artistic commitment to the brutalism, the shades of black and grey, that cold, minimalist elegance, while still feeling monumental. It seems to fit perfectly with what Céline had described for her last planned Vegas show at Resorts World. And yet, Peyron didn’t seem to be involved at the time.

It’s great to see her in this kind of environment. It’s not necessarily the aesthetic you would have expected for her, especially after Vegas, and I think it’s really cool. I still need to watch the interlude videos and all the different sequences to really appreciate the full scope of it.

The setlist is pretty good too, although I still think the 2016 concerts were stronger. That’s somewhat the problem with doing a 50/50 show: you can’t really explore either her English or French repertoire in any depth. What you can definitely tell, though, is that they spent a lot of time working on new arrangements. I imagine that was largely about making the songs more manageable for Céline vocally.

And then there’s her voice. It’s still difficult for me to hear her like this. She really isn’t able to project her voice anymore. Even her vibrato is almost nonexistent.

What’s striking is that her vocal cords themselves are probably in perfectly good health, physically intact. With all the rehabilitation she has gone through — singing, speech therapy and everything else we can imagine — her vocal instrument itself may never have been in better condition, and she has probably never been more aware of how it works. And yet, if I understand it correctly, it’s all the muscles surrounding that instrument that no longer allow her to use it properly.

We know the disease is still there. She has repeated that several times recently. But looking at her, you could almost believe it was behind her, or that the disease only manifests itself during those dramatic episodes we’ve seen.

But it isn’t.

Ultimately, it’s when you hear her sing that you realize the disease is still there, very much present, even when it isn’t visible. You realize how much it has taken hold of her body, and that it has reached a stage far beyond anything we saw over the previous fifteen years.

“The Prayer” used to be one of those songs she could almost always deliver — and deliver exceptionally well, with an almost imperial level of control and mastery. She simply isn’t capable of that anymore.

On “Je chanterai,” she even has to switch into head voice just to create some semblance of power, for example.

Anyway. I’m really looking forward to seeing what comes next.

  • Like 4
Posted
On 9/13/2026 at 3:01 PM, KyleVan41 said:

I’m going October and I’m beyond impressed and stoked for what I saw.  I’m now listening to the chase again and hope she actually sings it lol 😂 but I feel it’s gonna be dropped. Hope I’m wrong 

I don’t think it’s gonna survive the next show… that’s the suspect for the song to get dropped first for me. I don’t mind if she drops it but it should be replaced with ANDHC or TLYM. 

Posted

A side note, I don't think that Celine ever got enough credit for her acting skills in her musical video clips, added to her inner soul and emocions just were pouring out of her. Til these days she can take by herself the stage alone and with what a fenomenal presence. 

  • Like 1

"Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City Hall

Needed where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"

Posted
On 9/13/2026 at 10:32 PM, Nmj said:

Celine was seen earlier today… bathrobe and hair towel 😂 

IMG_7275.thumb.jpeg.a7ae9a83153dcf21e86a988771c291a7.jpeg

She is so funny, love her 😃

"Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City Hall

Needed where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"

Posted
On 9/13/2026 at 8:32 PM, Nmj said:

Celine was seen earlier today… bathrobe and hair towel 😂 

IMG_7275.thumb.jpeg.a7ae9a83153dcf21e86a988771c291a7.jpeg

She’s drying on her own….. 👀😂

  • Haha 4

CDP.jpg

Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.

Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.

Posted (edited)
On 9/13/2026 at 4:28 PM, Ajax said:

I’ve been able to watch quite a few videos now.

The brutalist set is impressive and seems to be constantly shifting, revealing new details, new shapes and new ways of presenting Céline, who very much remains the central focus. There’s a real artistic commitment to the brutalism, the shades of black and grey, that cold, minimalist elegance, while still feeling monumental. It seems to fit perfectly with what Céline had described for her last planned Vegas show at Resorts World. And yet, Peyron didn’t seem to be involved at the time.

It’s great to see her in this kind of environment. It’s not necessarily the aesthetic you would have expected for her, especially after Vegas, and I think it’s really cool. I still need to watch the interlude videos and all the different sequences to really appreciate the full scope of it.

The setlist is pretty good too, although I still think the 2016 concerts were stronger. That’s somewhat the problem with doing a 50/50 show: you can’t really explore either her English or French repertoire in any depth. What you can definitely tell, though, is that they spent a lot of time working on new arrangements. I imagine that was largely about making the songs more manageable for Céline vocally.

And then there’s her voice. It’s still difficult for me to hear her like this. She really isn’t able to project her voice anymore. Even her vibrato is almost nonexistent.

What’s striking is that her vocal cords themselves are probably in perfectly good health, physically intact. With all the rehabilitation she has gone through — singing, speech therapy and everything else we can imagine — her vocal instrument itself may never have been in better condition, and she has probably never been more aware of how it works. And yet, if I understand it correctly, it’s all the muscles surrounding that instrument that no longer allow her to use it properly.

We know the disease is still there. She has repeated that several times recently. But looking at her, you could almost believe it was behind her, or that the disease only manifests itself during those dramatic episodes we’ve seen.

But it isn’t.

Ultimately, it’s when you hear her sing that you realize the disease is still there, very much present, even when it isn’t visible. You realize how much it has taken hold of her body, and that it has reached a stage far beyond anything we saw over the previous fifteen years.

“The Prayer” used to be one of those songs she could almost always deliver — and deliver exceptionally well, with an almost imperial level of control and mastery. She simply isn’t capable of that anymore.

On “Je chanterai,” she even has to switch into head voice just to create some semblance of power, for example.

Anyway. I’m really looking forward to seeing what comes next.

You’re slightly delusional . The voice has changed yes but not nearly a fraction of how you describe it.  Were you there in person.; no. I’ll be shortly and I cannot wait. 

Edited by KyleVan41

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   44 members

    • MaiconSC
    • celine_dion_faces
    • Tyler1991
    • dawn
    • Nautanick
    • djuba82
    • IMCL
    • Remon
    • mattia
    • danieli25031984
    • Celinemaniac
    • Coffeegirl
    • Nmj
    • brendanm999
    • juls75
    • No1IrishFan
    • Sosof12
    • TheBobWig
    • PaulTo
    • LukeD
    • Marc29
    • Naiomi zhannah
    • A new day...
    • anewdayhascome
    • phillippeoreilly
    • ChrCel83
    • alexpepin
    • Shamrock_1982
    • Gicedi
    • AdrienneM
    • rachel9767
    • Lillia184
    • Anadel
    • Lorenzo77
    • Abodi2002
    • isurrender
    • MaxRayÎles
    • daccord_12
    • cher&celinefan
    • ivo
    • Lysvar
    • Mlaroche2711
    • Fabrice
    • LinaKaro
×
×
  • Create New...