Jump to content

Interview Hoda Kotb and Céline - NBC NEWS EXCLUSIVE


Recommended Posts

Posted

 

 

Wonder that too when she talked about the time basically having a spasm on way to a M &G. And was out for over 2 hrs. Still wonder when that was.

 

When she says “out” does that mean so drugged on that she outta of it or OUT, OUT?

Posted

When she says “out” does that mean so drugged on that she outta of it or OUT, OUT?

 

I think she meant had a spasm and basically blacked out. That might have had her up her dosage or even what started her taking the valium.

 

Maybe cancelled during CWT because valium not lasting as long so wanted to reduce time having to be on.

'I am, in life and death, the woman of only one man.'

Celine Dion My Story, My Dream

Posted

 

When she says “out” does that mean so drugged on that she outta of it or OUT, OUT?

I think it was in 1 of the people interviews.

She was walking backstage before a show and got a crisis.

Which for her felt like 10 minutes but it was more like 2 hours.

So she was ready to go on stage when they told her they canceled it.

 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk

 

 

Posted

 

 

Wonder that too when she talked about the time basically having a spasm on way to a M &G. And was out for over 2 hrs. Still wonder when that was.

 

I was wondering that too. Perhaps the Meet & Greets were canceled after her incident . Does anyone remember what year they stopped doing them?

 

  • Like 1
Posted

When she says “out” does that mean so drugged on that she outta of it or OUT, OUT?

I think it was in 1 of the people interviews.

She was walking backstage before a show and got a crisis.

Which for her felt like 10 minutes but it was more like 2 hours.

So she was ready to go on stage when they told her they canceled it.

 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk

 

Here is the part where she details the incident.

 

https://people.com/celine-dion-details-stiff-person-syndrome-symptoms-17-years-going-down-cover-story-exclusive-8661041

  • Like 1

'I am, in life and death, the woman of only one man.'

Celine Dion My Story, My Dream

Posted

 

 

I was wondering that too. Perhaps the Meet & Greets were canceled after her incident . Does anyone remember what year they stopped doing them?

 

I saw her in February of 2017 she was still doing them.

Posted (edited)

I haven’t listened to the podcast yet, but I was shocked by the contrast in tone during the TV interview compared to the distant/detached interviews she gave for Courage promos in 2019!

 

Not only had she been hiding the reality from the fans, but she was hiding it from herself as well. Until now, I assumed her aloof attitude stemmed from unresolved psychological issues — delayed grief, essentially, where one postpones the grieving process until they are able to address the loss(es). That was part of the issue, of course, but she was also in denial about her own health. Many of us could sense something was “off” about her.

 

I’m just glad she was forced to stop, and that she took the proper time to heal. It’s so refreshing to see the “open book” Céline reemerge, because I was afraid she was gone forever. :)

 

Edited by Chantemoi
  • Like 6
Posted

I was wondering that too. Perhaps the Meet & Greets were canceled after her incident . Does anyone remember what year they stopped doing them?

I saw her in February of 2017 she was still doing them.

 

I know read in CWT thread some had been cancelled or was going to cancel them. Think by then very hard to control the spams so tried to limit things.

'I am, in life and death, the woman of only one man.'

Celine Dion My Story, My Dream

Posted

I haven’t listened to the podcast yet, but I was shocked by the contrast in tone during the TV interview compared to the distant/detached interviews she gave for Courage promos in 2019!

 

Not only had she been hiding the reality from the fans, but she was hiding it from herself as well. Until now, I assumed her aloof attitude stemmed from unresolved psychological issues — delayed grief, essentially, where one postpones the grieving process until they are able to address the loss(es). That was part of the issue, of course, but she was also in denial about her own health. Many of us could sense something was “off” about her.

 

I’m just glad she was forced to stop, and that she took the proper time to heal. It’s so refreshing to see the “open book” Céline reemerge, because I was afraid she was gone forever. :)

 

I was just going say that too, I noticed that as well.

She seemed like a rollercoaster in the courage interviews. Almost like she was hyper one second and then out of it, almost sleepy. I wonder if that was because of the meds she was pumping herself with. She seems so much more present now.

Posted
I’m willing to bet that the length of time it took to record the “Courage” album was because of her difficulty with her voice. I wonder how many sessions had to be rescheduled.
  • Like 7

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted

I haven't listened to the podcast yet, but I was shocked by the contrast in tone during the TV interview compared to the distant/detached interviews she gave for Courage promos in 2019!

 

Not only had she been hiding the reality from the fans, but she was hiding it from herself as well. Until now, I assumed her aloof attitude stemmed from unresolved psychological issues — delayed grief, essentially, where one postpones the grieving process until they are able to address the loss(es). That was part of the issue, of course, but she was also in denial about her own health. Many of us could sense something was "off" about her.

 

I'm just glad she was forced to stop, and that she took the proper time to heal. It's so refreshing to see the "open book" Céline reemerge, because I was afraid she was gone forever. :)

 

Yes she was avoiding two losses in a way Rene and her voice. She could not change losing Rene but at least for a while could push back the lose of her voice. Think we all agree Covid was best thing for her.

  • Like 2

'I am, in life and death, the woman of only one man.'

Celine Dion My Story, My Dream

Posted

I was just going say that too, I noticed that as well.

She seemed like a rollercoaster in the courage interviews. Almost like she was hyper one second and then out of it, almost sleepy. I wonder if that was because of the meds she was pumping herself with. She seems so much more present now.

 

Maybe why gave such long answers so no one pushed to hard and maybe start to catch on something more than just the lose of Rene going on.

  • Like 1

'I am, in life and death, the woman of only one man.'

Celine Dion My Story, My Dream

Posted
I watched the interview last night. Talk about emotional and insightful. I, too, feel bad now for some of the comments I made in the past. I just hope to see her continue to get better. (Whatever that may mean in this context.)
  • Like 1
Posted
Team Celine is snoozing away… nothing out that lame team.
  • Like 1
Posted

I just finished watching the interview and now just processing everything that I have seen and heard.

 

The part where she talked about taking medication to allow her to keep performing, was this before or after René passing? If it’s after then I wonder if he’d had been here would he have put a stop to everything until they had it all figured out or if she’d had continued to keep herself busy.

 

I’ve also been thinking back on the Courage tour and her stop in Ottawa where she struggled the first night and the first few songs of the 2nd night but then rebounded quickly after a few songs. What she must have gone through to push through.

  • Like 1
Instagram: @delphis78
Posted

I just finished watching the interview and now just processing everything that I have seen and heard.

 

The part where she talked about taking medication to allow her to keep performing, was this before or after René passing? If it’s after then I wonder if he’d had been here would he have put a stop to everything until they had it all figured out or if she’d had continued to keep herself busy.

 

I’ve also been thinking back on the Courage tour and her stop in Ottawa where she struggled the first night and the first few songs of the 2nd night but then rebounded quickly after a few songs. What she must have gone through to push through.

 

From what could gather did not start the valium either after he got sick or after he passed. And then it would have been the lose dosage. Yes I wonder to what would have happened if he had not gotten cancer.

 

In 2012 and 2014 before the year off taking care of Rene she cancelled shows for few weeks with issues that were probably SPS related. After cancelling quite few end of 2016 never cancelled a big block of shows again until ear issue then not again assuming just just one off, at least for residency. So I want to believe having him alive she would not have to be so strong and together they would have decide to stop.

  • Like 1

'I am, in life and death, the woman of only one man.'

Celine Dion My Story, My Dream

Posted
My heart hurts just thinking what she went through just to keep her fans, us, happy. That much have been such a weight to carry.
  • Like 3
Instagram: @delphis78
Posted
Re the podcast: Mad respect the way she immediately shuts down the description of her as “cheating”. That’s what I’ve always loved the most about this woman. She is so, so, giving, but she’s no pushover. She knows exactly who she is and what she wants and what she stands for.
  • Like 7

Philadelphia, PA, Sept 5 2008.

New York, NY, Sept 16 2008, Madison-Freaking-Square Garden.

Posted

 

 

From what could gather did not start the valium either after he got sick or after he passed. And then it would have been the lose dosage. Yes I wonder to what would have happened if he had not gotten cancer.

 

In 2012 and 2014 before the year off taking care of Rene she cancelled shows for few weeks with issues that were probably SPS related. After cancelling quite few end of 2016 never cancelled a big block of shows again until ear issue then not again assuming just just one off, at least for residency. So I want to believe having him alive she would not have to be so strong and together they would have decide to stop.

she canceled some in Febuary 2013 too.
Posted

Re the podcast: Mad respect the way she immediately shuts down the description of her as “cheating”. That’s what I’ve always loved the most about this woman. She is so, so, giving, but she’s no pushover. She knows exactly who she is and what she wants and what she stands for.

exactly!
Posted

Didn't get to listen to the interview until just now and wow, that was a lot. Wish more of it made it into the TV broadcast, particularly some of the detail about her symptoms, treatment plan, about getting her kids informed. That's important info, if intent is to raise awareness of this disease.

 

But IVIG once a week? That's a lot, no? From what I've read, I think people generally get it every few weeks? I wonder if that means her disease is advanced, or if she needed to increase frequency to deal with the press tour, or if it's preventative... so many questions. Also, I believe getting an IVIG infusion is pretty much a full-day affair (Michelle, the SPS patient from Montreal I've been following on IG, said hers yesterday took from 8am-4pm!) That, along with physical therapy 5 days a week, vocal therapy... no wonder Dr Piquet said managing this condition is a full time job!

 

Proud of Celine being so open, honest and real here. As some mentioned already, her interviews at the time of CWT seemed so forced, like she was saying a lot of things for her own benefit, to make herself believe them. But so many of us sensed it was off. And now we know it indeed was.

  • Like 2
Posted
Hoda’s last words are about everything I want to say to this woman. “You’re an awesome human being. Thank you for that.”
  • Like 5

Philadelphia, PA, Sept 5 2008.

New York, NY, Sept 16 2008, Madison-Freaking-Square Garden.

Posted

Oh and also re the podcast - how sad to hear her talk about basically living indoors for 4 years. In a bunker.

Extreme fame must be so lonely at the best of times, but in this particular circumstance, and for someone who's such an extrovert? Thank god she has her kids. I wasn't expecting her to acknowledge that loneliness.

  • Like 3
Posted

Didn't get to listen to the interview until just now and wow, that was a lot. Wish more of it made it into the TV broadcast, particularly some of the detail about her symptoms, treatment plan, about getting her kids informed. That's important info, if intent is to raise awareness of this disease.

 

But IVIG once a week? That's a lot, no? From what I've read, I think people generally get it every few weeks? I wonder if that means her disease is advanced, or if she needed to increase frequency to deal with the press tour, or if it's preventative... so many questions. Also, I believe getting an IVIG infusion is pretty much a full-day affair (Michelle, the SPS patient from Montreal I've been following on IG, said hers yesterday took from 8am-4pm!) That, along with physical therapy 5 days a week, vocal therapy... no wonder Dr Piquet said managing this condition is a full time job!

 

Proud of Celine being so open, honest and real here. As some mentioned already, her interviews at the time of CWT seemed so forced, like she was saying a lot of things for her own benefit, to make herself believe them. But so many of us sensed it was off. And now we know it indeed was.

 

In terms of the IVIG she said was at every 3 weeks now at once a week. Guess that is where arrived to be able to control the symptoms.

'I am, in life and death, the woman of only one man.'

Celine Dion My Story, My Dream

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...