Jump to content

Interview Hoda Kotb and Céline - NBC NEWS EXCLUSIVE


Recommended Posts

Posted

Imagine being so famous and iconic that the person interviewing you gets interviewed about interviewing you.

Right? Happened this week to all 5 people who interviewed her!

Not only that, some of them flew in from halfway across the planet for a 10-min conversation.

 

  • Like 7
Posted

about TLYM, I think most people only take into account the E5, without considering all the sustains. Also I feel her lipping choices were sometimes random. Falling Into You, Staying Alive, I Wish, Only One Road, last note of World On A String, Eyes On Me, Alone sustains, Goldfinger, etc. In 2015 she began only lipping mostly the big hits.

 

The E5 is easy as long as you have the range for it. It's the phrasing in the verses and chorus that make it so difficult to sing. It's very tiring on the voice.

  • Like 1
Posted
Was this interview done in Celines house, or did they rent a place?
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted

Right? Happened this week to all 5 people who interviewed her!

Not only that, some of them flew in from halfway across the planet for a 10-min conversation.

isnt that a new marketing strategy? Julie Snyder also used to give interviews about interviewing Celine back then
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted

Was this interview done in Celines house, or did they rent a place?

 

All interviews were done in the same place, in a Las Vegas hotel; sorry, I don't remember the name.

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

All interviews were done in the same place, in a Las Vegas hotel; sorry, I don't remember the name.

 

Hilton Lake Las Vegas, right by Celine’s home.

 

Edited by scielle
  • Like 2
Posted

Was this interview done in Celines house, or did they rent a place?

 

Not her home. Done in the Presidental Suite of Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, 1610 Lake Las Vegas Pkwy, Henderson, NV 89011

  • Like 1
Posted

Hilton Lake Las Vegas, right by Celine's home.

 

Thank you, scielle.

Posted
Am i a chicken if i say that i’m do afraid to watch the part in the docu of where Celine is having this sps attack 🥹? I already couldn’t watch this other people they showed in the interview who had an attack. It just breaks my heart knowing Celine is going through all this and i hate to see her cry. I think us fans will really need each other after this
  • Like 1
Posted

Imagine being so famous and iconic that the person interviewing you gets interviewed about interviewing you.

 

Yes! ET mentioned how Hoda "got the interview that everyone was trying to get, that everyone wanted" ... I wonder how they managed to snag it and secure it. Was it simply an offer of the highest bid?

Posted

 

 

Yes! ET mentioned how Hoda "got the interview that everyone was trying to get, that everyone wanted" ... I wonder how they managed to snag it and secure it. Was it simply an offer of the highest bid?

Maybe because it’s an “Olympic” network.

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

 

Maybe because it’s an “Olympic” network.

 

I don’t know If that’s 100% true since the Olympics are on Nine Network in Australia but her broadcast is on Seven Network.

 

Probably a mix of ratings, demographics, scheduling, promotional offering and influence?

Edited by ewh12
Posted
I wanted to see how many tuned in to watch this, but my googlefu found nothing. Anyone know where to find those numbers (if made public)?
Posted (edited)

I wanted to see how many tuned in to watch this, but my googlefu found nothing. Anyone know where to find those numbers (if made public)?

 

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/ticker-celine-dion-pbs-debates-pete-hegseth/

 

“NBC’s Celine Dion Special is a Ratings Blockbuster

Top of the Ticker: Even when Celine Dion‘s not singing, the Titanic songstress is still a massive draw. That’s evidenced by the blockbuster ratings for Celine’s Story: An NBC News Special with Hoda Kotb that aired on Tuesday. Focusing on Dion’s battle with stiff person syndrome, the special was the most-watched program across the board in the 10 p.m. hour. Her popularity will go on, indeed.“

 

Edited by scielle
  • Like 4
Posted

Ohh... no number? :( lol.... but, all the same, "blockbuster ratings" is a nice gauge of the general public's interest in her. Thanks!!

 

 

 

TEAM CELINE! Y'ALL NEED TO SEND A PROMO BOX TO SCIELLE AND TSHLW. Good peeps of this forum doing your job lmao

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

😁

Ohh... no number? :( lol.... but, all the same, "blockbuster ratings" is a nice gauge of the general public's interest in her. Thanks!!

 

3.3mln

https://programminginsider.com/tuesday-ratings-celine-dion-nbc-news-special-tops-its-hour/

 

But that’s nothing compared to the TF1 interview which apparently pulled in 6m in France!

 

Edited by scielle
  • Like 4
Posted

Wow insane numbers.

 

If she gonna be back on stage, the demand would crazy!

 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk

As will the ticket prices. Start saving now just in case.
Instagram: @delphis78
Posted (edited)
Delete Edited by CourageProject
Posted

THANKS! :D

 

No doubt it's nice the interview rated highly on its time slot. The reason why I was curious about the number was to compare it to Oprah's Specials:

  • 2016 (CBS) Michelle Obama Special - 9.4M
  • 2021 (CBS) Prince Harry-Markle Special - 17m views (US)
  • 2024 (ABC) Weight Loss topic - 4.4M

Annoying as Oprah may be as interviewer, guess she still has the pull if you want to promote something lol though I think Oprah's affiliated with Netflix, so maybe even if Amazon wanted her...

 

😁

 

 

3.3mln

https://programmingi...-tops-its-hour/

 

But that's nothing compared to the TF1 interview which apparently pulled in 6m in France! https://x.com/tf1pro...xMXbTuozDavWHVA

  • Like 1
Posted

Céline Dion is listed as guest of tomorrow's Today Show. hmm.gif

 

She’s rumored to be NYC.

Posted

Céline Dion is listed as guest of tomorrow's Today Show. hmm.gif

Wow. I truly didn't expect her to be doing so much promo for this project. If she's signing up for all this - live TV, fan autograph signings - she must be doing quite well!

  • Like 3
Posted

 

Wow. I truly didn't expect her to be doing so much promo for this project. If she's signing up for all this - live TV, fan autograph signings - she must be doing quite well!

 

And ofc I’m selfishly loving it. Only if she feeling good of course. Promo is huge… I think her acting manager is doing a good job she hasn’t promoted an album like this is so long let alone a doc.

  • Like 1
Posted

Céline Dion is listed as guest of tomorrow's Today Show. hmm.gif

 

Can you link us?!

EZRRIMBUMAEcL2n.jpg

Posted
Could I be an un aired segment from Vegas?
Posted
Yeah on Today itself did not advertise she would be on tomorrow just Eddy Murphy. I am watching Hoda and Jenna now to see if anything mentioned and so far nothing. So might just be something about interview last week.

'I am, in life and death, the woman of only one man.'

Celine Dion My Story, My Dream

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...