tshlw Posted June 13, 2024 at 02:35 AM Posted June 13, 2024 at 02:35 AM (edited) Recap from Brendan Kelly at Montreal Gazette -Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Nice what he said but don't like him after did that weird podcast a few years ago with those two gay guys and some not so flattering things said about both her and Rene. Edited June 13, 2024 at 02:36 AM by tshlw Quote 'I am, in life and death, the woman of only one man.' Celine Dion My Story, My Dream
scielle Posted June 13, 2024 at 03:28 AM Posted June 13, 2024 at 03:28 AM Go read this excellent article. It’s behind a paywall so I put the full thing in the “Celine being cool again” thread. Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 4 Quote
kaye2023 Posted June 13, 2024 at 03:41 AM Posted June 13, 2024 at 03:41 AM Did anyone notice when she said about a new album? Was it a hint. She said something like … "what am I going to do? Come out with a new album after four years and not acknowledge what happened". Might be nothing but the fact she mentioned new album is promising don't you think? Kev x Could be wishful thinking, but that's how I took it as well. More than for the fans, I want this for her, so she knows her music will still be fruitful and appreciated despite SPS. To everyone, how do you feel about Celine being on-stage/on-cam with the random risk of a brief episode, even with assurance of quick medication on standby to relieve it? To me, I feel it's quite different from MJFox, Chris Reeve or Katharine Hepburn's public appearances and seeing their condition... I'd most likely burst into tears. I already feel quite emotional and nervous for her thinking about it. Goodness, I can imagine how Irene must've felt witnessing Celine's pain. Whatever career plans she's desiring, I only wish she listens if someone advises no/not yet. Quote
MaiconSC Posted June 13, 2024 at 03:51 AM Posted June 13, 2024 at 03:51 AM (edited) OMG here we can see her voice failing exactly like she described on the interview... I can't stop crying now knowing what she has been going through even when not singing she was struggling Edited June 13, 2024 at 03:54 AM by MaiconSC 2 Quote
Bellamy Posted June 13, 2024 at 05:35 AM Posted June 13, 2024 at 05:35 AM Listening to the Courage album again. Her voice sounded so struggled and forced like she cries in every sentence. It’s so hard to listen after knowing the truth behind it. I always know her as THE CELINE DION could do anything with her voice. Never thought the real reason behind the nasal voice is so hard and sad. 3 Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
lyn Posted June 13, 2024 at 08:22 AM Posted June 13, 2024 at 08:22 AM (edited) OMG here we can see her voice failing exactly like she described on the interview... I can't stop crying now knowing what she has been going through even when not singing she was struggling God it’s heartbreaking to see her apologize like that, especially when we now know the deep layer of fear that was underneath for her. So glad the audience absolutely had her back. Edited June 13, 2024 at 08:26 AM by lyn 1 Quote Philadelphia, PA, Sept 5 2008.New York, NY, Sept 16 2008, Madison-Freaking-Square Garden.
DionFanAlways Posted June 13, 2024 at 08:48 AM Posted June 13, 2024 at 08:48 AM OMG here we can see her voice failing exactly like she described on the interview... I can't stop crying now knowing what she has been going through even when not singing she was struggling Now that we know, Wow! You can see her struggling. I can't imagine what she is thinking as she is singing. 1 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
A new day... Posted June 13, 2024 at 09:10 AM Posted June 13, 2024 at 09:10 AM I was wondering that too. Perhaps the Meet & Greets were canceled after her incident . Does anyone remember what year they stopped doing them? The email stating Celine wouldn't do anymore M&G was in June of 2017. Dear Friends, It is with much regret that we must inform you that we are no longer able to fulfill the meet and greet requests for Céline's European Tour. Since the tour has begun, it has become apparent that there are simply too many backstage activities impacting Céline's daily schedule, particularly her pre-show preparation. We are trying to do everything possible to ease some of the congestion in her schedule in order that she can perform the shows to the best of her ability. As always, she wants to give all of herself, on stage. We realize this news is disappointing to you, but we do hope that you understand. Thank you for your continuing support and loyalty, and we sincerely hope that you enjoy the shows this summer.Team Céline Quote
tshlw Posted June 13, 2024 at 09:17 AM Posted June 13, 2024 at 09:17 AM The email stating Celine wouldn't do anymore M&G was in June of 2017. Just crazy how now we know the real reason for all of this and how hard it was for her. I still just don't understand the people around her at that time, did they not know the extent of what wrong or she just wouldn't listen or they just thought she is strong and knows what she is doing. Still wonder if some of this why Aldo really left. Quote 'I am, in life and death, the woman of only one man.' Celine Dion My Story, My Dream
CourageProject Posted June 13, 2024 at 09:48 AM Posted June 13, 2024 at 09:48 AM I think this is the first time in years that Celine has sung her own songs so much, she sang Power Of Love, I'm Alive, Courage, How Did You Get Here, Imperfection(on Vogue( 2 Quote
Popular Post Peppercorn1991 Posted June 13, 2024 at 10:06 AM Popular Post Posted June 13, 2024 at 10:06 AM (edited) Love this: “I suggest that when #CelineDion comes back on stage, we all bring an apple and show it to her at a moment of the show. I think it’s time for us to show her the apples she gave us for such a long time. And now it’s time to be here, for her, to give her back courage, strength, love” Kev x Edited June 13, 2024 at 10:07 AM by Peppercorn1991 10 Quote
A new day... Posted June 13, 2024 at 10:11 AM Posted June 13, 2024 at 10:11 AM OMG here we can see her voice failing exactly like she described on the interview... I can't stop crying now knowing what she has been going through even when not singing she was struggling This is just so heartbreaking to watch knowing all that we know now. 1 Quote
dawn Posted June 13, 2024 at 10:15 AM Posted June 13, 2024 at 10:15 AM Love this:https://twitter.com/...VVlN3kIhK2mtgsg "I suggest that when #CelineDion comes back on stage, we all bring an apple and show it to her at a moment of the show. I think it's time for us to show her the apples she gave us for such a long time. And now it's time to be here, for her, to give her back courage, strength, love" Kev x I'm not crying 3 Quote
Popular Post scielle Posted June 13, 2024 at 10:16 AM Popular Post Posted June 13, 2024 at 10:16 AM Love this: “I suggest that when #CelineDion comes back on stage, we all bring an apple and show it to her at a moment of the show. I think it’s time for us to show her the apples she gave us for such a long time. And now it’s time to be here, for her, to give her back courage, strength, love” Kev x Another good one I saw said “we’re not there for the apples, we’re there for the tree”. 10 Quote
Del Posted June 13, 2024 at 10:29 AM Posted June 13, 2024 at 10:29 AM This is just so heartbreaking to watch knowing all that we know now. I remember watching Ottawa views back in 2019 and found it difficult to watch them. It was clear something was going on, just nobody including her knew what actually was happening. 1 Quote Instagram: @delphis78
anewdayhascome Posted June 13, 2024 at 12:07 PM Posted June 13, 2024 at 12:07 PM (edited) Another good one I saw said "we're not there for the apples, we're there for the tree". I wrote something like that : We'll be waiting for the apple tree to blossom. It doesn't have to have fruits every year. The apples don't have to be always shiny. We can just admire the colourful flowers, the rustling leaves, the growing branches, the solid trunk and its firm roots. There is more to the apple tree than its fruits.I really love her metaphors! Edited June 13, 2024 at 12:12 PM by anewdayhascome 6 Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
jpatdeleon09 Posted June 13, 2024 at 12:12 PM Posted June 13, 2024 at 12:12 PM I wrote something like that : I really love her metaphors! Yes! Her metaphors. She’s indeed smart! Actually, She could write a song about it. 1 Quote
garyhollander Posted June 13, 2024 at 12:38 PM Posted June 13, 2024 at 12:38 PM I think this is the first time in years that Celine has sung her own songs so much, she sang Power Of Love, I'm Alive, Courage, How Did You Get Here, Imperfection(on Vogue(When did she sinf how did you get here? Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk Quote
CourageProject Posted June 13, 2024 at 12:43 PM Posted June 13, 2024 at 12:43 PM When did she sinf how did you get here? Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk Quote
marc-02 Posted June 13, 2024 at 01:51 PM Posted June 13, 2024 at 01:51 PM exactly! But you know what, what I've been thinking. Throughout these interviews, when talking about how she "compensated", pretty much the common line revolved around these central themes: 1) deliberately "tunneling" her voice in a way that it results in sounding nasal, 2) lowering the key of her songs and/or relying on more reverb. But will she ever admit to lipping and using playback/pre-recorded vocals? I doubt she will ever say that, I'm sure the media will have a field day if she does! Quote
Ukrfan Posted June 13, 2024 at 02:32 PM Posted June 13, 2024 at 02:32 PM But you know what, what I've been thinking. Throughout these interviews, when talking about how she "compensated", pretty much the common line revolved around these central themes: 1) deliberately "tunneling" her voice in a way that it results in sounding nasal, 2) lowering the key of her songs and/or relying on more reverb. But will she ever admit to lipping and using playback/pre-recorded vocals? I doubt she will ever say that, I'm sure the media will have a field day if she does! The thing is, she didn't really do that? She mentioned not singing some songs because of her disease - I'm sure this includes Lying Down that she dropped during CWT. She could have simply lipped it, but she decided not to sing it at all. Hits medleys and MHWGO have been lipped for ages, this is not because of SPS. Quote
PuraVida Posted June 13, 2024 at 02:53 PM Posted June 13, 2024 at 02:53 PM Did the BBC interview air yet? Or is it on iPlayer yet? Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted June 13, 2024 at 02:57 PM Posted June 13, 2024 at 02:57 PM It’s due around dinner time tonight. 3 Quote
PuraVida Posted June 13, 2024 at 03:05 PM Posted June 13, 2024 at 03:05 PM Thanks Shamrock! So many interviews, it's hard to keep up now One thing I've been thinking about -- this whole portrayal of Celine "lying" and "hiding" which, imo, sounds way more sinister than what she actually did. She'd tell the audience she had a sinus infection when actually her voice was affected by something else which she had no name for. And most times, the audience could never tell there was something going on with her voice. It's interesting that Celine frames it that way, and by extension of course the media headlines reflect something more scandalous. Even knowing Celine's character so well as a fan, I'm still struck by just how bad she feels for, in her eyes, not giving fans the vocals she expects of herself and thinks the fans deserve. 3 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted June 13, 2024 at 03:11 PM Posted June 13, 2024 at 03:11 PM (edited) I’m amazed that Ross King or Richard Arnold from GMB hasn’t interviewed her… usually ITV always get to interview her… strange the BBC got in there this time! Edited June 13, 2024 at 03:12 PM by Shamrock_1982 1 Quote
tshlw Posted June 13, 2024 at 03:15 PM Posted June 13, 2024 at 03:15 PM I'm amazed that Ross King or Richard Arnold from GMB hasn't interviewed her… usually ITV always get to interview her… strange the BBC got in there this time! Maybe going with different outlets or the ones choose she looked at their previous work and liked them better. I would be interested to know why they did choose who they did. Quote 'I am, in life and death, the woman of only one man.' Celine Dion My Story, My Dream
scielle Posted June 13, 2024 at 03:15 PM Posted June 13, 2024 at 03:15 PM I'm amazed that Ross King or Richard Arnold from GMB hasn't interviewed her… usually ITV always get to interview her… strange the BBC got in there this time! You mean the Olympic broadcaster? I know I'm fanning the flame... especially given these recent interviews make it very clear this is an extremely dire condition. Need to be cautious about any hopes here but oh, let a girl dream a little... 1 Quote
stevo Posted June 13, 2024 at 03:16 PM Posted June 13, 2024 at 03:16 PM I’m amazed that Ross King or Richard Arnold from GMB hasn’t interviewed her… usually ITV always get to interview her… strange the BBC got in there this time! They seem to be doing it with the opposite to usual don’t they? Like not using GMA and Deborah Robert’s but Hoda instead 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted June 13, 2024 at 03:16 PM Posted June 13, 2024 at 03:16 PM I'm amazed that Ross King or Richard Arnold from GMB hasn't interviewed her… usually ITV always get to interview her… strange the BBC got in there this time! I'm still dreaming one day she'll do an interview with Alan Carr. 2 Quote
stevo Posted June 13, 2024 at 03:17 PM Posted June 13, 2024 at 03:17 PM I'm still dreaming one day she'll do an interview with Alan Carr. Especially since he’s such a big fan 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.