Jump to content

[Game] Céline Dion's 'Eras' Tour


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

i listened to that album yesterday:

 

1. D'amour Ou D'Amitie/ her first big French hit/Classic

2. Le piano fantome/interesting song about an old lady with a piano who lived alone in her flat

3. Ecoutez Moi/another interesting song about a young woman who wants the world to listen to her/to respect human rights 4. Tellement J'ai D'amour Pour Toi/ a young woman sings about the love to her mother/ she won her first big award with this song

Edited by comingback
  • Like 1
Posted

I don't think that Celine doesn't care, but many songs don't suit her anymore as an adult, I guess that's why she pretty much stopped singing everything what was released before 1987 when her "adult" career begun with the incognito album.

 

French people loves NPPSM and she never included the song on her tours after 90s

I believe NPPSM is her second biggest French hit after PQTME

  • Like 1

#FREEJAVITO

 

Posted

Sorry had a busy week Luke :P

 

12 D'amour ou d'amitié

10 Visa pour les beaux jours

08 Écoutez-moi

06 Tellement j'ai d'amour pour toi

04 Le piano fantôme

02 Le vieux monsieur de la rue Royale

 

 

I think from all the early albums TJD is my least favourite. Maybe it's cos of the cover :giggle: It's interesting tho that a lot of songs from this album were featured on many later compilations.

 

But wasn't it JJ Goldman that he finds DAODA one of the best songs ever, because it has a very strong melody.

 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G781B met Tapatalk

 

 

  • Like 1


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted (edited)

I listened to that album yesterday:

 

12 D'amour Ou D'Amitie/ her first big French hit/classic

10 Le piano fantome/interesting song about an old lady with a piano who lived alone in her flat

8 Ecoutez Moi/another interesting song about a young woman who wants the world to listen to her/to respect human rights

6 Tellement J'Ai D'Amour Pour Toi/ a young woman sings about the love to her mother/ she won her first big award with this song

4 Le Tour Du Monde

2 Tu Restes Avec Moi

Edited by comingback
  • Like 1
Posted

It is quite shocking that only 8 people participate in this round. The way her early catalogue is being snubbed is absolutely appalling. It is almost as if this is not CDF.

 

And the worst of all is that people do not want to listen! To even give these songs a try!

 

I'm guessing that explains why some haters consider Celine a Whitney/Mariah knock-off. If actual fans do not listen to her early music, it goes without saying that haters have never heard of original ballads like 'Ecoutez-moi', 'Et puis un jour', 'Chante-moi', 'C'est pour toi', 'Comment t'aimer' that pretty much shaped her musical identity long before her 90s hits.

 

It’s honestly just a matter of personal taste, I think. I voiced my case regarding her early work. I’ve always believed she was given a voice from God. Talent was never an issue. It’s just a matter of personal preference. Had I grown up with Celine from when she was a 12 year old prodigy, I would probably have much different feelings. But I didn’t. My first introduction to Celine was WDMHBN and I kept up from there. I didn’t even know about her early work really until I was about 14 or 15, and by then I had already grown accustomed to her adult voice. I appreciate the early records as yes, they did make way for what she became. But it’s just not something I take the time to listen to on my own.

  • Like 1

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted

Thanks everyone for voting! 11 people participated so a total of 462 points were awarded as follows:

  • D'amour Ou D'amitie 118
  • Le Piano Fantome 44
  • Tu Restes Avec Moi 12
  • Tellement J'ai D'amour Pour Toi 66
  • Ecoutez-moi 72
  • Le Tour Du Monde 38
  • Visa Pour Les Beaux Jours 66
  • Le Vieux Monsieur de la Rue Royale 46

As you can see there was a tie between TJDPT and VPLBJ but the former was voted by more people so I give it the edge!

 

Moving to the next round let's focus on 'Les Chemins De Ma Maison'. Not my favourite album, although it is good that it follows the mature sound developed with TJD.

 

My choices are as follows:

  • Et Puis Un Jour - 12 Points. I would cry if she sang this live with her adult voice. One of the most gorgeous songs.
  • Mon Ami M'a Quittee - 10 Points
  • Les Chemins De Ma Maison - 8 Points
  • Toir Sur Ta Montagne - 6 Points
  • Ne Me Plaignez Pas - 4 Points
  • Du Soleil Au Coeur - 2 Points

Looking forward to your votes. Voting will last until the end of play Saturday 24/02/2024 and I will announce the results the next day. :flowers:

Posted

 

Had I grown up with Celine from when she was a 12 year old prodigy, I would probably have much different feelings. But I didnt. My first introduction to Celine was WDMHBN and I kept up from there. I didnt even know about her early work really until I was about 14 or 15, and by then I had already grown accustomed to her adult voice.

 

Thanks for sharing your perspective. I never had an issue with her adolescent voice — it’s more so the cheesy production value that bothers me to this day. My first francophone Céline album was The Early Years (followed shortly by D’eux/“The French Album”). That coincided with me beginning French class in high school, and I have to say some of those early songs really resonated with me, lyrically. I just wish someone would remix them with a more modern sound. But yeah, obviously some of the themes wouldn’t sit right with a (post-)menopausal woman singing them today…

 

I loved her medleys from the ACDS and USF concerts, so it would be neat to hear a handful of songs performed. Even still, if she would rotate them out after a few nights so we could hear more!

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted
Not that I hate her early work or don't appreciate but I don't speak French so even if musically sounds good I have no idea what she is singing so hard to really get into these songs.

'I am, in life and death, the woman of only one man.'

Celine Dion My Story, My Dream

Posted (edited)

Mon Ami M'a Quittee - 12

La dodo la do - 10

Et puis un jour - 8 - this song is so beautiful, I believe i never listen it before

Du Soleil au cœur - 6

Hello mister Sam - 4

Mamy Blue - 2

 

Edited by celinesounds
  • Like 1

#FREEJAVITO

 

Posted

12 Ne Me Plaignez Pas

10 Les Chemins De Ma Maison

08 Du Soleil Au Coeur

06 Mon Ami M'A Quittée

04 Hello Mister Sam

02 La Dodo La Do

  • Like 1
Posted

Not that I hate her early work or don't appreciate but I don't speak French so even if musically sounds good I have no idea what she is singing so hard to really get into these songs.

There are good translations of her French catalogue online - a great page is CelineDionWeb: https://www.celinedionweb.com/en/lyrics/et-puis-un-jour/

 

I promise you will discover a new Celine universe.

  • Like 2
Posted

For the les chemins de ma maison album:

 

12 points: mon ami m'a quitté

 

10 points: les chemins de ma maison

 

8 points: la dodo la do

 

6 points: toi sur ta montagne

 

4 points: du soleil au coeur

 

2 points: ne me plaignez pas

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

It's honestly just a matter of personal taste, I think. I voiced my case regarding her early work. I've always believed she was given a voice from God. Talent was never an issue. It's just a matter of personal preference. Had I grown up with Celine from when she was a 12 year old prodigy, I would probably have much different feelings. But I didn't. My first introduction to Celine was WDMHBN and I kept up from there. I didn't even know about her early work really until I was about 14 or 15, and by then I had already grown accustomed to her adult voice. I appreciate the early records as yes, they did make way for what she became. But it's just not something I take the time to listen to on my own.

No, you are all snubbing her early discography for one reason or another. I am reading ridiculous excuses. Had someone listened to her stuff and said they did not like them, I would respect that. Because THIS is down to personal preference. However, here we a dealing with a bunch of fans who - by their own admission - never listened to her early discography because ugh... the clips are not in HD or because they do not know French... as if quality videos or online translations do not exist... or some of you having an issue with how she sounded. I mean her voice in 'Melanie' (1984) and 'C'est Pour Toi' (1985) is closer to her 90s voice than her voice in 'Courage'. Now you are telling me it is a matter of habit. As if you are an old man who will not change his ways!

 

In my opinion, the reason why most of you do not listen to her early stuff is because you do not perceive them as an integral part of her superstardom status. Take a look at the majority of discussions in this forum. People having strong opinions on what Celine should do or should not do in order to achieve the best commercial results. 'This should have been a single', 'it was a mistake to do so many shows in Vegas', 'this album was not promoted enough', 'she sings the same songs', 'she missed the opportunity to make more public appearances', 'her team is not promoting her songs enough', and so on. We even see these attitudes after her SPS diagnosis which is really telling. And do not get me wrong. I am not exception to this - I care a lot about her successes. But this does not mean I will ignore her more locally successful stuff. I firmly believe the majority of fans hold special connection to recordings/eras that were linked to worldwide commercial success and tend to disregard anything else. It might also be a cultural thing with some of you viewing these albums as Quebecois heritage only and therefore not directly linked to those who do not identify with this specific context.

 

I am genuinely shocked to realise this level of snubbing after 12 years in this forum. To be honest, I do not feel like I belong here anymore and I am only carrying on with this game out of respect for the people who are still participating. Had I known engagement would be down by 70% I wouldn't have started this francophone round. It is just not a collective experience anymore. And the worst of it all is that some of you came to this thread to clearly state that you would not participate - this is pretty negative despite any good intentions. Because, instead of seeing this as an opportunity to explore and celebrate her discography, we turned this discussion into a defensive one with me having to explain the obvious. All this is very disappointing, but at the end of the day lack of engagement with some gems in her catalogue is your loss, not mine.

Edited by LukeD
  • Like 4
Posted (edited)

No, you are all snubbing her early discography for one reason or another. I am reading ridiculous excuses. Had someone listened to her stuff and said they did not like them, I would respect that. Because THIS is down to personal preference. However, here we a dealing with a bunch of fans who - by their own admission - never listened to her early discography because ugh... the clips are not in HD or because they do not know French... as if quality videos or online translations do not exist... or some of you having an issue with how she sounded. I mean her voice in 'Melanie' (1984) and 'C'est Pour Toi' (1985) is closer to her 90s voice than her voice in 'Courage'. Now you are telling me it is a matter of habit. As if you are an old man who will not change his ways!

 

In my opinion, the reason why most of you do not listen to her early stuff is because you do not perceive them as an integral part of her superstardom status. Take a look at the majority of discussions in this forum. People having strong opinions on what Celine should do or should not do in order to achieve the best commercial results. 'This should have been a single', 'it was a mistake to do so many shows in Vegas', 'this album was not promoted enough', 'she sings the same songs', 'she missed the opportunity to make more public appearances', 'her team is not promoting her songs enough', and so on. We even see these attitudes after her SPS diagnosis which is really telling. And do not get me wrong. I am not exception to this - I care a lot about her successes. But this does not mean I will ignore her more locally successful stuff. I firmly believe the majority of fans hold special connection to recordings/eras that were linked to worldwide commercial success and tend to disregard anything else. It might also be a cultural thing with some of you viewing these albums as Quebecois heritage only and therefore not directly linked to those who do not identify with this specific context.

 

I am genuinely shocked to realise this level of snubbing after 12 years in this forum. To be honest, I do not feel like I belong here anymore and I am only carrying on with this game out of respect for the people who are still participating. Had I known engagement would be down by 70% I wouldn't have started this francophone round. It is just not a collective experience anymore. And the worst of it all is that some of you came to this thread to clearly state that you would not participate - this is pretty negative despite any good intentions. Because, instead of seeing this as an opportunity to explore and celebrate her discography, we turned this discussion into a defensive one with me having to explain the obvious. All this is very disappointing, but at the end of the day lack of engagement with some gems in her catalogue is your loss, not mine.

Yes I agree with you. For me the majority of her post '87 albums is unknown and I'm just discovering new gems like ecoutez-moi, toi Sur ta Montagne and so on. Let's see it that way, everyone who doesn't listen to her early albums do miss many beautiful songs ;)

It's nice to listen to the journey what brought her to her 90's superstardom and the legend she is nowadays. From la voix du bon dieu to love again wow what a journey that was and is :wub:

Edited by ordinary fan
  • Like 2
Posted

12 Ne me plaignez pas

10 Hello mister Sam

08 La do do la do

06 Les chemins de ma maison

04 Du soleil au coeur

02 Mon ami m’a quittée

 

Did you noticed there is 2 versions of Ne me plaignez pas?

 

Quebec :

 

France :

  • Like 1
Posted

12 Ne me plaignez pas

10 Hello mister Sam

08 La do do la do

06 Les chemins de ma maison

04 Du soleil au coeur

02 Mon ami m'a quittée

 

Did you noticed there is 2 versions of Ne me plaignez pas?

 

Quebec :

 

France :

Yeah the instrumentation is a bit different
Posted

Yeah the instrumentation is a bit different

 

The vocals too like the « je vous remercie » from the quebec version at 2min30

 

I prefer the quebec version. Its more energic.

  • Like 1
Posted

12 - Du soleil au cœur

10 - Mon ami m’a quittée

8 - Hello Mister Sam

6 - Trois heures vingt

4 - À quatre pas d’ici

2 - Benjamin

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted

12 - Du soleil au cœur

10 - Mon ami m’a quittée

8 - Hello Mister Sam

6 - Trois heures vingt

4 - À quatre pas d’ici

2 - Benjamin

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe Trois Heures Vingt, A Quatre Pas D'ici, and Benjamin were not featured in LCDMM. They were featured in the 'Du Soleil Au Coeur' compilation.
Posted

No, you are all snubbing her early discography for one reason or another.

 

Very interesting things you wrote. I say this with a bit of remorse, because I also started my participation in the game by whining that I don't like professional singing children (nor Ginette Reno) ;) But in the end, I'm grateful for the game, because it's a great motivation to systematically reach for records that I probably wouldn't have reached for anytime soon, after many years.

 

In my opinion, the reason why most of you do not listen to her early stuff is because you do not perceive them as an integral part of her superstardom status. Take a look at the majority of discussions in this forum. People having strong opinions on what Celine should do or should not do in order to achieve the best commercial results. 'This should have been a single', 'it was a mistake to do so many shows in Vegas', 'this album was not promoted enough', 'she sings the same songs', 'she missed the opportunity to make more public appearances', 'her team is not promoting her songs enough', and so on. We even see these attitudes after her SPS diagnosis which is really telling.

 

Yes, I admit that I am amazed by the same phenomenon. I'm looking at the Céline fan community a bit from the sidelines, and I see it like this: the official group on FB is dominated by people with views like "she is the meaning of my life", "the greatest singer of all time" and other cognitive disorders, while the forum is dominated by people who treat everything to do with her (you're right about that including her illness) primarily in terms of marketing, promotion, business and commercial success measurable by numbers. On the one hand - this is, after all, René's legacy in its pure form , an echo from his big dream of a worldwide commercial career; after all, in his horizon, "the best singer in the world" simply meant the same thing as "the best selling." In such a view, the measure that determines whether something is a success or a flop is not artistic quality or honest self-expression, but only sales bars. This is sad. And yet, on the other hand, such an approach exposes fans to perpetual frustration: the integral interest in her character, starting from her Quebec roots, which would have given ample reason to celebrate her heritage, is replaced by the expectation that the aging and ailing star will "bring the world to its knees again", "just needs a hit like Cher," and if, at 56, she's not a commercial No. 1, it's the fault of Sony / Vegas / Team Céline / lack of René, etc.

 

I am genuinely shocked to realise this level of snubbing after 12 years in this forum. To be honest, I do not feel like I belong here anymore and I am only carrying on with this game out of respect for the people who are still participating. Had I known engagement would be down by 70% I wouldn't have started this francophone round.

 

Maybe there is no need to worry about numbers in this aspect either? ;) There are few of us in the thread, but after all, you don't need mass participation to have a good and informative time. Just as it is more important whether her recording / show / documentary is good or bad than whether she has "enough mass promotion" and "how much mass will sell"...

  • Like 2
Posted
I'm not participating in this game (although it's a great idea!) but reading some of the latest discussions, I can understand people not really listening to her early albums because at least to me they are completely different from her adult French catalogue - which I adore immensely. But I can't get around the fact that some fans just don't listen to her French work because they don't understand the lyrics. It's just... shocking to me that people (fans!!!) can "discard" a whole amount of amazing music just because of a language barrier. It's not as if there weren't plenty of English translations over the internet to overcome that barrier. But even so, I don't think it's really needed to understand every foreign word to appreciate music, whatever language it's on. It's almost offensive what some people think about this. Sigh!
  • Like 2

EVERYONE AFRAID TO BE FORGOTTEN - album & film by ionnalee; out NOW at ionnalee.com

Posted (edited)
I believe Trois Heures Vingt, A Quatre Pas D'ici, and Benjamin were not featured in LCDMM. They were featured in the 'Du Soleil Au Coeur' compilation.

 

You’re 100% correct. That’s my bad! Apple Music has DSAC streaming, and it has « Les chemins de ma maison » plus the same album cover - so I just got confused. Maybe in future rounds, could you write the track list in the initial post?

 

12 - Du soleil au cœur

10 - Mamy Blue

8 - Mon ami m’a quittée

6 - Hello Mister Sam

4 - Et puis un jour

2 - Les chemins de ma maison

Edited by Chantemoi
  • Like 2
Posted

No, you are all snubbing her early discography for one reason or another. I am reading ridiculous excuses. Had someone listened to her stuff and said they did not like them, I would respect that. Because THIS is down to personal preference. However, here we a dealing with a bunch of fans who - by their own admission - never listened to her early discography because ugh... the clips are not in HD or because they do not know French... as if quality videos or online translations do not exist... or some of you having an issue with how she sounded. I mean her voice in 'Melanie' (1984) and 'C'est Pour Toi' (1985) is closer to her 90s voice than her voice in 'Courage'. Now you are telling me it is a matter of habit. As if you are an old man who will not change his ways!

 

In my opinion, the reason why most of you do not listen to her early stuff is because you do not perceive them as an integral part of her superstardom status. Take a look at the majority of discussions in this forum. People having strong opinions on what Celine should do or should not do in order to achieve the best commercial results. 'This should have been a single', 'it was a mistake to do so many shows in Vegas', 'this album was not promoted enough', 'she sings the same songs', 'she missed the opportunity to make more public appearances', 'her team is not promoting her songs enough', and so on. We even see these attitudes after her SPS diagnosis which is really telling. And do not get me wrong. I am not exception to this - I care a lot about her successes. But this does not mean I will ignore her more locally successful stuff. I firmly believe the majority of fans hold special connection to recordings/eras that were linked to worldwide commercial success and tend to disregard anything else. It might also be a cultural thing with some of you viewing these albums as Quebecois heritage only and therefore not directly linked to those who do not identify with this specific context.

 

I am genuinely shocked to realise this level of snubbing after 12 years in this forum. To be honest, I do not feel like I belong here anymore and I am only carrying on with this game out of respect for the people who are still participating. Had I known engagement would be down by 70% I wouldn't have started this francophone round. It is just not a collective experience anymore. And the worst of it all is that some of you came to this thread to clearly state that you would not participate - this is pretty negative despite any good intentions. Because, instead of seeing this as an opportunity to explore and celebrate her discography, we turned this discussion into a defensive one with me having to explain the obvious. All this is very disappointing, but at the end of the day lack of engagement with some gems in her catalogue is your loss, not mine.

 

But…I HAVE listened to her early work, and that’s why I know that it’s not something I go back to listen to intentionally very often, if at all. It’s just not my favorite. It’s not a snub if you know the material, but personally don’t prefer it over her music from “Incognito” and forward.

 

I am very well aware of what her early discography means for her career. I’m not a simpleton, or a fair weather fan. I’ve been a fan for over 35 years. I know how important it was that Rene mortgaged his house for her first record. I know how incredible it was to have Eddie Marnay write songs that were appropriate for a 12, 13, 14 year old to sing, while also being daunted with the task of making the songs “hit material.” I respect and applaud every aspect of this. But this does not mean that everyone has to love it the same as you may. There is music that you don’t care for later in her career that a lot of other fans love, but nobody has accused you of “snubbing.” It’s your personal preference, and I respect that you (or anyone else) may not care for certain material.

 

I have very much enjoyed this game, but have chosen to sit these early albums out, as I’m simply not going to vote on albums that I don’t listen to (or haven’t listened to) as much as some of you do.. I’m keeping up on what everyone is voting for, and the songs that win each round. I have every intention of jumping back in once we reach the “Incognito” era. And I look forward to seeing the final results and listening to ALL of them in succession.

  • Like 1

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted (edited)

But…I HAVE listened to her early work, and that's why I know that it's not something I go back to listen to intentionally very often, if at all. It's just not my favorite. It's not a snub if you know the material, but personally don't prefer it over her music from "Incognito" and forward.

 

I have very much enjoyed this game, but have chosen to sit these early albums out, as I'm simply not going to vote on albums that I don't listen to (or haven't listened to) as much as some of you do.. I'm keeping up on what everyone is voting for, and the songs that win each round. I have every intention of jumping back in once we reach the "Incognito" era. And I look forward to seeing the final results and listening to ALL of them in succession.

Matt, please. If you had actually listened to the albums you would be able to evaluate each song rather than lumping them all together as if they are a homogeneous entity. The reason why you choose not to participate is because you would need to get back to these albums. And you cannot be arsed. It is not as if these songs are recognisable to you.

 

Also, the way in which you treat 'Incognito' as inherently different to her previous stuff is really telling. It's basically her image that changed. Songs like 'Trois Heures Vingt' that Rene had to die for most fans to discover, 'Un Amour Pour Moi', 'Mon Reve De Toujours', 'C'est Pour Toi', 'Avec Toi' could have EASILY been included in 'Incognito'.

 

What happens in this thread is the equivalent of having a bunch of fans in the Celine Dion FORUM saying that they never listen to 'Unison', 'Celine Dion' and 'The Colour Of My Love' and that it is 'Falling Into You' onwards for them. It is just very bizarre. And knowing you, you'd totally have something to say if you noticed such theme in the forum. This is literally what I am dealing with here.

Edited by LukeD
Posted

This will not be my favorite album, but following the evolution of her voice is very interesting. Overall - the arrangements have again, unfortunately, aged a lot. Most of the songs follow a rather banal and predictable pattern - piano stanza and forte chorus; I very much appreciate her piano, already more colorful, with its characteristic fast vibrato, but I have trouble at times with the flashy forte. And this is a more general comment: if I were composing music for the young Céline, I would suggest more subdued and graded dynamic transitions between piano and forte, because that tendency of hers, insufficiently disciplined in her youth, to give 100% where 80% would be better, will be her problem for many years to come. Céline already sounds great in uptempo songs that correspond much better to the vitality of a young girl than pathetic songs, and in her cover of "Mamy Blue" you can already hear the feeling and freedom of riffing for which she would later become famous. Although this at times close to jazz phrasing and her predilection for playing with her voice like an instrument is something I'd like to get even more from her, because she excels at it.

 

The scoring, as usual, a bit willful, because I think I like Céline the most trying new things, exploring and non-routine. If you do so well outside the routine, you are an artist, not just a craftsman.

 

Mamy Blue – 12

Hello Mister Sam – 10

Mon ami m'a quittée – 8

Ne me plaignez pas – 6

Et puis un jour – 4

Les chemins de ma maison – 2

  • Like 2
Posted

Matt, please. If you had actually listened to the albums you would be able to evaluate each song rather than lumping them all together as if they are a homogeneous entity. The reason why you choose not to participate is because you would need to get back to these albums. And you cannot be arsed. It is not as if these songs are recognisable to you.

 

Also, the way in which you treat 'Incognito' as inherently different to her previous stuff is really telling. It's basically her image that changed. Songs like 'Trois Heures Vingt' that Rene had to die for most fans to discover, 'Un Amour Pour Moi', 'Mon Reve De Toujours', 'C'est Pour Toi', 'Avec Toi' could have EASILY been included in 'Incognito'.

 

What happens in this thread is the equivalent of having a bunch of fans in the Celine Dion FORUM saying that they never listen to 'Unison', 'Celine Dion' and 'The Colour Of My Love' and that it is 'Falling Into You' onwards for them. It is just very bizarre. And knowing you, you'd totally have something to say if you noticed such theme in the forum. This is literally what I am dealing with here.

 

I actually don’t judge anyone’s taste in music. There is plenty of music that is popular, that I do not like at all…but I don’t question other people for liking it. I can’t remember who it is on this forum, but they really don’t like LTAL at all. Am I shocked by that? Sure. But I’m not going to be like “How could you?!”

 

Not being familiar or not particularly enjoying eras of an artist’s career is not exclusive to Celine. I’m a huge Cher fan…however, most of the Sonny and Cher songs don’t do much for me. Doesn’t make me love her any less.

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted

 

What happens in this thread is the equivalent of having a bunch of fans in the Celine Dion FORUM saying that they never listen to 'Unison', 'Celine Dion' and 'The Colour Of My Love' and that it is 'Falling Into You' onwards for them. It is just very bizarre. And knowing you, you'd totally have something to say if you noticed such theme in the forum. This is literally what I am dealing with here.

 

I’m going to said this just to add some perspective:

 

Personally, I don’t listen to the type of music Celine did/does anymore. My taste changed over the years. But I have an emotional attachment to the songs I grow up with and to her, really, so I keep following whatever she releases. But I hardly ever enjoy anything before TCOML, specially if she doesn’t do them live (live versions are my favorite thing from her these days). It’s songs that never being part of my life, in a sound and production I don’t care for it anymore.

 

Besides that, I can’t choose favorites songs in an album just with one listening. Mainly because I have ADHD and after 4 or 5 songs I’m already bore with it and my judgement is impaired.

 

There’s several reasons why people don’t like or don’t feel excited about her early catalogue, and none of them is a personal attack to you, your game or a discredit to their status as a fan. You don’t have to know every breath your favorite artist has ever take to be a fan.

 

It’s just a game, a very good one btw… Just chill a little!

 

  • Like 1
Posted

Matt, please. If you had actually listened to the albums you would be able to evaluate each song rather than lumping them all together as if they are a homogeneous entity. The reason why you choose not to participate is because you would need to get back to these albums. And you cannot be arsed. It is not as if these songs are recognisable to you.

 

Also, the way in which you treat 'Incognito' as inherently different to her previous stuff is really telling. It's basically her image that changed. Songs like 'Trois Heures Vingt' that Rene had to die for most fans to discover, 'Un Amour Pour Moi', 'Mon Reve De Toujours', 'C'est Pour Toi', 'Avec Toi' could have EASILY been included in 'Incognito'.

 

What happens in this thread is the equivalent of having a bunch of fans in the Celine Dion FORUM saying that they never listen to 'Unison', 'Celine Dion' and 'The Colour Of My Love' and that it is 'Falling Into You' onwards for them. It is just very bizarre. And knowing you, you'd totally have something to say if you noticed such theme in the forum. This is literally what I am dealing with here.

 

Even these songs could be on incognito too

 

Je ne veux pas

 

Comment t’aimer

 

Ma chambre

https://youtu.be/fdBzirVPLT0?si=-wI4VGa_aYfCWQBL

  • Like 1

#FREEJAVITO

 

Posted (edited)

I actually don't judge anyone's taste in music. There is plenty of music that is popular, that I do not like at all…but I don't question other people for liking it. I can't remember who it is on this forum, but they really don't like LTAL at all. Am I shocked by that? Sure. But I'm not going to be like "How could you?!"

 

Not being familiar or not particularly enjoying eras of an artist's career is not exclusive to Celine. I'm a huge Cher fan…however, most of the Sonny and Cher songs don't do much for me. Doesn't make me love her any less.

Yes, I hear this but LTAL is one album only. Here we are talking about 7 albums that comprise 25% of her discography. I do not like all albums either. And I never had a problem with people's taste in this forum. Because all comments have been specific to albums or to songs within albums. This is the first time that I see such rejection of almost a decade of songs. Edited by LukeD
Posted (edited)

Personally, I don't listen to the type of music Celine did/does anymore. My taste changed over the years. But I have an emotional attachment to the songs I grow up with and to her, really, so I keep following whatever she releases. But I hardly ever enjoy anything before TCOML, specially if she doesn't do them live (live versions are my favorite thing from her these days). It's songs that never being part of my life, in a sound and production I don't care for it anymore.

 

There's several reasons why people don't like or don't feel excited about her early catalogue, and none of them is a personal attack to you, your game or a discredit to their status as a fan. You don't have to know every breath your favorite artist has ever take to be a fan.

 

It's just a game, a very good one btw… Just chill a little!

Sorry I have no patience for this. Coming to CDF to read that fans do not listen to the type of music Celine does. And these comments are posted in a thread that I have created to have some fun and celebrate her catalogue. And you imply I am at fault here for not being chill enough or for taking things personally.

 

I am really really done.

Edited by LukeD
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...