tomantha Posted May 13, 2023 at 03:59 PM Posted May 13, 2023 at 03:59 PM The Gift is literally the one with the least streams and it’s the one they send as a single lol typical Team Celine. 3 Quote
Popular Post Nmj Posted May 13, 2023 at 04:00 PM Popular Post Posted May 13, 2023 at 04:00 PM “I’ll Be” is the only logical choice here. 8 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 13, 2023 at 04:07 PM Posted May 13, 2023 at 04:07 PM Maybe because they find “The Gift” more catchy… Quote
Nmj Posted May 13, 2023 at 04:12 PM Posted May 13, 2023 at 04:12 PM (edited) Maybe because they find “The Gift” more catchy… A lot of songs are catchy doesn’t make them good…. “The Gift” tho I don’t hate it, is the worst track on the album easily in my opinion.“Waiting on You” has even grown on me much more. I’ll be is the strongest song, and LOML is the best in terms of production and lyrics and feeling. Edited May 13, 2023 at 04:13 PM by Nmj 1 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted May 13, 2023 at 04:37 PM Posted May 13, 2023 at 04:37 PM Now I’ve listened to the album a few times including the film scores, I’m so in love with it all. I love every song! The scores are great too. I think the gift is a good single choice. I love I’ll be too! Kev x 1 Quote
KyleVan41 Posted May 13, 2023 at 04:38 PM Posted May 13, 2023 at 04:38 PM I love the gift ! lol 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 13, 2023 at 04:41 PM Posted May 13, 2023 at 04:41 PM Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 5 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted May 13, 2023 at 04:42 PM Posted May 13, 2023 at 04:42 PM This album seems so fresh and even the older songs fit well. Just listened through twice in the car whilst on a drive in the sun. Love it. Kev x 3 Quote
CourageProject Posted May 13, 2023 at 04:55 PM Posted May 13, 2023 at 04:55 PM What if they released these songs during Courage album era? Courage would've been a more successful album Quote
GoldenLeaf Posted May 13, 2023 at 04:57 PM Posted May 13, 2023 at 04:57 PM (edited) Now I’ve listened to the album a few times including the film scores, I’m so in love with it all. I love every song! The scores are great too. I think the gift is a good single choice. I love I’ll be too! Kev xI agree, The Gift is the most radio-friendly song on the album, very catchy and summer-feeling. It's my favorite track on the album, the second is I'll Be. Love Of My Life is ok but a little boring and the production is problematic for me, it's like Celine is singing the song through a tube. I don'get why they edited the song like that. Edited May 13, 2023 at 05:00 PM by GoldenLeaf 2 Quote
ryba Posted May 13, 2023 at 05:58 PM Posted May 13, 2023 at 05:58 PM (edited) The Gift is alright and I like it, but that Cher imitation in the second part is weird as hell and it makes me kind of embarrassed. Sorry, I just can't help it. Edited May 13, 2023 at 05:58 PM by ryba Quote
actofcontrition Posted May 13, 2023 at 06:14 PM Posted May 13, 2023 at 06:14 PM The gift is the more radio friendly song. Plus they should release some remix! Would be amazing! 2 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted May 13, 2023 at 06:17 PM Posted May 13, 2023 at 06:17 PM Yeah I would love Sean Paul to be on the remix of this. Quote
isurrender Posted May 13, 2023 at 06:47 PM Posted May 13, 2023 at 06:47 PM The Gift is literally the one with the least streams and it's the one they send as a single lol typical Team Celine. What streams are you referring to? On Spotify, The Gift had 36K streams his first day while song no3 14k and song no4 15k... 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted May 13, 2023 at 06:57 PM Posted May 13, 2023 at 06:57 PM “I’ll Be” is the only logical choice here. I think "Love of My Life" is the best song, but the one I can't stop singing is "I'll Be" 'Wherever you go...oh oh...I'll be...." 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 13, 2023 at 06:57 PM Posted May 13, 2023 at 06:57 PM Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 3 Quote
Nmj Posted May 13, 2023 at 07:34 PM Posted May 13, 2023 at 07:34 PM I have to say, “Waiting on You” is a grower, I liked it on the first listen even tho it’s retro as heck, I’m really enjoying it more and more! 1 Quote
ryba Posted May 13, 2023 at 07:38 PM Posted May 13, 2023 at 07:38 PM https://youtu.be/IskegfYCAGU 2 Quote
tomantha Posted May 13, 2023 at 07:40 PM Posted May 13, 2023 at 07:40 PM What streams are you referring to? On Spotify, The Gift had 36K streams his first day while song no3 14k and song no4 15k... Youtube Love Again 2.6MI’ll Be 632kLove Of My Life 66kWaiting On You 32kThe Gift 25k 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted May 13, 2023 at 07:48 PM Posted May 13, 2023 at 07:48 PM By the way, the word "g*psy" is considered a slur, so I was surprised to hear them use it in the song "I'll Be". Wish they had gone for a different lyric. Quote
stevo Posted May 13, 2023 at 08:27 PM Posted May 13, 2023 at 08:27 PM It’s not a slur at all! And I’m Irish! Gypsy means traveller. 4 Quote
Nmj Posted May 13, 2023 at 08:40 PM Posted May 13, 2023 at 08:40 PM By the way, the word "g*psy" is considered a slur, so I was surprised to hear them use it in the song "I'll Be". Wish they had gone for a different lyric.It’s not a slur at all! And I’m Irish! Gypsy means traveller. I think the slur is “gipped”. Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted May 13, 2023 at 08:41 PM Posted May 13, 2023 at 08:41 PM (edited) *note to myself, don’t post when your out on the piss at the weekend Edited May 13, 2023 at 09:01 PM by Shamrock_1982 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted May 13, 2023 at 09:06 PM Posted May 13, 2023 at 09:06 PM (edited) It's not a slur at all! And I'm Irish! Gypsy means traveller. From the European Roma Rights Centre website: From my understanding, not all Romani people would consider it a slur, but it certainly seems a contested term. Of course, reclaiming a term is a thing. The UK (and the UK government) has its own special relationship with the term, which doesn't seem to be applicable in other places. This blog post seems useful. Edited May 13, 2023 at 09:21 PM by PuraVida Quote
LukeD Posted May 13, 2023 at 11:56 PM Posted May 13, 2023 at 11:56 PM (edited) It is a joke they considered releasing a third single at this point and an even bigger joke that they decided to go with 'The Gift'. In terms of vocals, it is easily one of her worst tracks ever. Love Of My Life would have made much more sense. Edited May 13, 2023 at 11:56 PM by LukeD 3 Quote
Nmj Posted May 14, 2023 at 12:07 AM Posted May 14, 2023 at 12:07 AM (edited) It is a joke they considered releasing a third single at this point and an even bigger joke that they decided to go with 'The Gift'. In terms of vocals, it is easily one of her worst tracks ever. Love Of My Life would have made much more sense. I give up on TC and Sony….I’m still trying to understand HYEBIL and GTSW as singles from over 2 decades ago. And let’s not get started on the version of TSMGO they released as a single. Edited May 14, 2023 at 12:08 AM by Nmj 2 Quote
LukeD Posted May 14, 2023 at 12:11 AM Posted May 14, 2023 at 12:11 AM I give up on TC and Sony….I'm still trying to understand HYEBIL and GTSW as singles from over 2 decades ago. And let's not get started on the version of TSMGO they released as a single.A complete and utter mess! 1 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted May 14, 2023 at 01:15 AM Posted May 14, 2023 at 01:15 AM I give up on TC and Sony….I’m still trying to understand HYEBIL and GTSW as singles from over 2 decades ago. And let’s not get started on the version of TSMGO they released as a single. I don’t understand why people keep questioning HYEBIL as a single. The answer is simple. It was part of the Chrysler campaign. Which was a sponsor of her show, and part of the reason OH was even released. And it was super successful on AC radio, her primary format. 3 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Chantemoi Posted May 14, 2023 at 01:17 AM Posted May 14, 2023 at 01:17 AM It’s not a slur at all! And I’m Irish! Gypsy means traveller. I mean, technically it is an ethnicity. Remember how Mongol used be to used to describe someone with Downs Syndrome? No one in polite society would ever use that term nowadays. However, in this case, “gypsy” was used in a positive way… so it’s a toss up Quote
Nmj Posted May 14, 2023 at 01:33 AM Posted May 14, 2023 at 01:33 AM I don’t understand why people keep questioning HYEBIL as a single. The answer is simple. It was part of the Chrysler campaign. Which was a sponsor of her show, and part of the reason OH was even released. And it was super successful on AC radio, her primary format. I think HYEBIL is a great song but it wasn’t single material nor had a reason to be on both albums in the same exact edit. 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.