PuraVida Posted May 12, 2023 at 01:35 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 01:35 PM (edited) Delete. Edited May 12, 2023 at 01:36 PM by PuraVida Quote
PuraVida Posted May 12, 2023 at 01:36 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 01:36 PM Love Again I really enjoy the part of her voice she's using on this song. The song doesn't sound like many others, and she is just so good with a piano. 8.5/10 I'll Be Reminds me of something that could've been on ANDHC or One Heart (perhaps if produced differently). Makes you want to sing along. 7.5/10 Waiting On You, Decent mid-tempo song for her, but Celine doesn't grab me as much when she sings this style of songs. I didn't care for HDYGH at all, this one is more of that tbh. But she sounds pretty good, some amazing vocal dynamics. 6/10 Love Of My Life One of those songs that sounds like it was written for Celine. One of new English classics. Heartfelt and beautiful with the piano. The lyric "And I would hold it down" feels out of place. 09/10 The Gift I really like the beat, and it's so catchy. Somewhat generic lyrics, but love love the part at 0:23 Given the laidback, tropical feeling to the song..the vocal force could be toned down slightly. Some pronunciation aspects I don't like. Could have seen this on any of her last 3 English albums. 7/10 Overall soundtrack rating: 78/100 I am really happy with the soundtrack overall, these songs definitely have replay value. And they fit in the movie very well. Similar to Courage, they're all quite different, but for what's basically an EP release for a movie, I think it's fine. I'll never not nitpick over pronunciation and some vocal choices I wish she'd stop, but overall this is a project Celine fans of all ages would enjoy. Quote
Nmj Posted May 12, 2023 at 01:37 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 01:37 PM they were ecorded a while ago , doesn't mean it was not for the movie. they filmed this a while ago too. Also, she says some of these songs we’re recorded a while ago I’m glad they suit the movie….. WDMHBN is over 30 years old that clarifies! She was talking about the album as a whole not only the “new” songs. 2 Quote
québecflower Posted May 12, 2023 at 01:42 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 01:42 PM Also, she says some of these songs we’re recorded a while ago I’m glad they suit the movie….. WDMHBN is over 30 years old that clarifies! She was talking about the album as a whole not only the “new” songs.i know , but many are sure that the new songs are Courage leftovers, could be, could be not. We don't know. Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Nmj Posted May 12, 2023 at 01:44 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 01:44 PM i know , but many are sure that the new songs are Courage leftovers, could be, could be not. We don't know. If I had to guess I would say that “Waiting On You” and “The Gift” sound like courage tracks…. The other 3 songs sound newer. 2 Quote
blueangel92 Posted May 12, 2023 at 02:06 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 02:06 PM Anyone immediately thinks about Gloria Estefan when listening to "The Gift"? Quote http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt182/tuongkhanh92/cdvn-1.png Celine Dion Vietnam Facebook Celine Dion Vietnam Blogspot
LukeD Posted May 12, 2023 at 02:10 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 02:10 PM Anyone immediately thinks about Gloria Estefan when listening to "The Gift"?It reminds me of ''Soul'' with some bits from ''Eyes On Me'' and ''Treat Her Like A Lady''. 2 Quote
george_matei Posted May 12, 2023 at 02:46 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 02:46 PM (edited) Thats all? Just an Instagram reel for THE CELINE DION NEW ALBUM? I mean, I totally understand that its just an soundtrack album and it is not gonna be like a huge, huge seller, but c'mon. Despite her being sick, her team is so bad and stupid. I am sorry for her, as a human, but I am also sorry for her huge career. Her legacy should be celebrated with more respect, not just remastered videos or old photos, that we already have. Edited May 12, 2023 at 02:46 PM by george_matei 6 Quote
célinedionfan_16 Posted May 12, 2023 at 02:51 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 02:51 PM Thats all? Just an Instagram reel for THE CELINE DION NEW ALBUM? I mean, I totally understand that its just an soundtrack album and it is not gonna be like a huge, huge seller, but c'mon. Despite her being sick, her team is so bad and stupid. I am sorry for her, as a human, but I am also sorry for her huge career. Her legacy should be celebrated with more respect, not just remastered videos or old photos, that we already have. Yeah her team sucks and she probably has no clue. It's so frustrating. 2 Quote
blueangel92 Posted May 12, 2023 at 03:06 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 03:06 PM Guys! After listening to all 5 songs for "Love Again", I crave "Play Me Like A Love Song" more than ever. Except "Love Again", I am not impressed with any of them. They lack the essence to make me listen again and again. I see a lot of people like "I'll Be", but I don't like the song "Stay" (Korean song), so I skip. But anyway, I still buy the album and go to the cinema to watch the movie, just because she is Celine Dion, period 3 Quote http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt182/tuongkhanh92/cdvn-1.png Celine Dion Vietnam Facebook Celine Dion Vietnam Blogspot
beelee Posted May 12, 2023 at 03:22 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 03:22 PM Album: Love Again Apple Music:#1 Fiji#12 Azerbaijan#21 Qatar#33 Switzerland#35 Belgium#63 Croatia#97 France#97 Greece#98 Austria#98 Indonesia#120 Netherlands#164 Malaysia#165 Australia#165 Brazil#174 Romania#178 Philippines#191 Denmark#194 Ireland#194 Thailand#200 Spain iTunes:#1 Singapore#2 Indonesia#3 France#3 Spain#3 Switzerland#3 Taiwan#4 Belgium#4 Canada#4 South Africa#4 Thailand#5 Brazil#5 Netherlands#6 Italy#10 Ireland#12 United Kingdom#12 United States#13 Australia#21 Germany#56 Hong Kong#109 Japan 1 Quote
Kong Posted May 12, 2023 at 03:44 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 03:44 PM "Waiting on You" and "Love of My Life" are so good! Especially "Waiting on You" really surprised me! 1. Waiting on You (5/5)2. Love of My Life (5/5)3. I'll Be (4/5)4. Love Again (3/5)5. The Gift (2/5) Quote
LukeD Posted May 12, 2023 at 04:06 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 04:06 PM Guys! After listening to all 5 songs for "Love Again", I crave "Play Me Like A Love Song" more than ever. Except "Love Again", I am not impressed with any of them. They lack the essence to make me listen again and again.100% agree. Quote
pat200 Posted May 12, 2023 at 04:29 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 04:29 PM Listening to Love of my life in high quality just hit me. That song, its lyrics and her voice on it, in love with it. 3 Quote
Crazy for Celine Posted May 12, 2023 at 04:51 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 04:51 PM (edited) Love all five of the new tracks, the scores as well. 1. Love Again (8/10)2. I’ll Be (9/10)3. Waiting on You (10/10)4. Love of My Life (10/10)5. The Gift (7.5/10) I would give this album 8.5/10 overall. Edited May 12, 2023 at 04:52 PM by Crazy for Celine Quote
MaiconSC Posted May 12, 2023 at 04:55 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 04:55 PM It's better to hear it in Dolby Atmos Did you noticed some kind of glitch in IACBTMN around 2:58 ?Like they took the FIY version and just cut some parts... In 360 R.A. there's a strange transition in that part... like it's not well finished... Quote
OnlyCeline Posted May 12, 2023 at 05:21 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 05:21 PM Did you noticed some kind of glitch in IACBTMN around 2:58 ?Like they took the FIY version and just cut some parts... In 360 R.A. there's a strange transition in that part... like it's not well finished... They did the same thing on All The Way album. Quote http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/9860/ggxz9.jpg
MaiconSC Posted May 12, 2023 at 05:25 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 05:25 PM They did the same thing on All The Way album. Yes, I know... But in the ATW it's all perfectly finished...I'm talking about the Dolby Atmos/360 RA versions...The instrumentals are very different from the regular version... and here in the soundtrack the editing wasn't so perfect.... I noticed it in the intro of the song too... Quote
MaiconSC Posted May 12, 2023 at 05:28 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 05:28 PM OMG.... Where Does My Heart is just P-E-R-F-E-C-T in the 360 Reality Audio version It's like a new song... all the instrumentals are polished and more evident, the choir too... SO AMAZING...They NEED to release her full discography in 360 RA / Dolby Atmos... 1 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted May 12, 2023 at 05:35 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 05:35 PM I never bothered buying to the whole album due to the old hits being the same version. So is it worth it or not? Quote
MaiconSC Posted May 12, 2023 at 05:39 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 05:39 PM (edited) I never bothered buying to the whole album due to the old hits being the same version. So is it worth it or not? If you have Dolby Atmos or 360 RA it's worth it...If not, they're the same old tracks... Also, if you're into Score tracks... the ones from this move are very beautiful... Edited May 12, 2023 at 05:43 PM by MaiconSC Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted May 12, 2023 at 05:49 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 05:49 PM Thanks for replying! 1 Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted May 12, 2023 at 05:59 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 05:59 PM Celine's quote about having recorded some songs a while ago is odd. She needed better wording for this and a team that can take care of these things. 1 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
CelineDionFreak Posted May 12, 2023 at 06:01 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 06:01 PM Celine's quote about having recorded some songs a while ago is odd. She needed better wording for this and a team that can take care of these things.Exactly. She could’ve easily changed it to I’ve been waiting for this project to be released for so long and so glad I can finally share these new songs with you! 2 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
ruimarques Posted May 12, 2023 at 06:46 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 06:46 PM Celine's quote about having recorded some songs a while ago is odd. She needed better wording for this and a team that can take care of these things. She is referring to the “old songs” previously released like IACBTMN and WDMHBN 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted May 12, 2023 at 06:57 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 06:57 PM I got the sense she was referring to when the 5 newer songs were recorded (i.e. a while ago) in order to clarify for fans who've been asking on social media when they were recorded -- and also to clarify any confusion that she is suddenly healed and back to working. Quote
ryba Posted May 12, 2023 at 07:06 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 07:06 PM If you have Dolby Atmos or 360 RA it's worth it...If not, they're the same old tracks... Also, if you're into Score tracks... the ones from this move are very beautiful...what exactly is 360 Reality Audio? Is it the format of the songs from the CD? Or do I need a subscription to Apple Music? Cause I wonder if the CD quality is equally enjoyable as 360 RA or Dolby Atmos Quote
ryba Posted May 12, 2023 at 07:08 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 07:08 PM (edited) Did you guys notice that this time in the booklet of the CD there are no dates of the years when the songs were recorded? Normally they always include the year of the recording in the booklet. Not this time. Maybe because they wanted to hide the fact that some of these songs were recorded around 2018 and were now used for the movie. Edited May 12, 2023 at 07:15 PM by ryba Quote
MaiconSC Posted May 12, 2023 at 07:10 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 07:10 PM what exactly is 360 Reality Audio? Is it the format of the songs from the CD? Or do I need a subscription to Apple Music? Cause I wonder if the CD quality is equally enjoyable as 360 RA or Dolby Atmos 360 RA and Dolby Atmos are equivalent, but each one is from one streaming service... like Apple Music, Tidal, Deezer...They are spatial audio, only compatible with some kind of headphones. The quality of an original CD will always be superior than any stream, but the advantage of the 360 RA/Dolby Atmos is that the songs are mixed and produced with various differences, from instrumentals to even new vocals in some cases... 1 Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted May 12, 2023 at 07:11 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 07:11 PM She is referring to the "old songs" previously released like IACBTMN and WDMHBNIt doesn't sound that way to me in the awkward way it's worded. Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.