jmiracle Posted May 12, 2023 at 09:13 AM Posted May 12, 2023 at 09:13 AM I've checked the credits in the booklet of the cdI'll Be, Waiting On You and The Gift were recorded at The Palms Las Vegas so we can assume it was during the Courage sessions.Love of My Life was recorded at the same place as the song "Courage" so we can assume it happened at the same time Only Love Again is different. It's quite unclear in the credits. It says that it was recorded at the Ballroom Studios West and Bedford studio. Made a quick search but couldn't find where it was and never saw that studio mentioned in the credits of Celine's albums... So maybe Love Again is THE song that was recorded recently. We need to investigate ahahah 2 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted May 12, 2023 at 09:14 AM Posted May 12, 2023 at 09:14 AM (edited) The Gift sends THLAL vibes for me. I can see her dancing while recording this. For me, Love of my Life is tops!! 5 "wubs" :wub: :wub: "I've memorized your stupid smile. And I can feel it kissing mine." Edited May 12, 2023 at 09:17 AM by DionFanAlways 1 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 12, 2023 at 09:59 AM Posted May 12, 2023 at 09:59 AM I've checked the credits in the booklet of the cdI'll Be, Waiting On You and The Gift were recorded at The Palms Las Vegas so we can assume it was during the Courage sessions.Love of My Life was recorded at the same place as the song "Courage" so we can assume it happened at the same time Only Love Again is different. It's quite unclear in the credits. It says that it was recorded at the Ballroom Studios West and Bedford studio. Made a quick search but couldn't find where it was and never saw that studio mentioned in the credits of Celine's albums... So maybe Love Again is THE song that was recorded recently. We need to investigate ahahah LOL Isn’t the Palms in Las Vegas her always to go Recording sessions. 1 Quote
AdrienneM Posted May 12, 2023 at 10:03 AM Posted May 12, 2023 at 10:03 AM Omg I hate that we lose that beautiful instrumental break in the radio edit though. Give me that dramatic, 3 beat break into the total silence… it’s so powerful and makes *the* note even more impactful Quote
dawn Posted May 12, 2023 at 10:11 AM Posted May 12, 2023 at 10:11 AM I've checked the credits in the booklet of the cdI'll Be, Waiting On You and The Gift were recorded at The Palms Las Vegas so we can assume it was during the Courage sessions.Love of My Life was recorded at the same place as the song "Courage" so we can assume it happened at the same time Only Love Again is different. It's quite unclear in the credits. It says that it was recorded at the Ballroom Studios West and Bedford studio. Made a quick search but couldn't find where it was and never saw that studio mentioned in the credits of Celine's albums... So maybe Love Again is THE song that was recorded recently. We need to investigate ahahah I think Bedford studios is in NY.https://www.facebook.com/BedfordProductions/ 1 Quote
mike_z Posted May 12, 2023 at 10:17 AM Posted May 12, 2023 at 10:17 AM There actually have been some edits made to Its All Coming Back To Me Now- additional backing choral vocals in the final chorus/climax as well as some updated instruments in the song. I also *LOOOOOOOVE* that they chose to use the ending from the radio edit, which to me is far more powerful and epic sounding I feel like we are not listening to the same version. Is yours 5:49 min long? Quote
CourageProject Posted May 12, 2023 at 10:17 AM Posted May 12, 2023 at 10:17 AM I got a question, these old songs, would there streaming numbers be the same as original album version. Like Courage, would it have 13M streams as in album, or will it have new streams? Quote
idanwcd Posted May 12, 2023 at 10:28 AM Posted May 12, 2023 at 10:28 AM Love of my life will becomes one of my all time favourite Celine songs 😍 2 Quote
drove all night Posted May 12, 2023 at 10:34 AM Posted May 12, 2023 at 10:34 AM (edited) Would somebody up here be so kind and upload the pictures of the WHOLE booklet?Thank you in advance! Edited May 12, 2023 at 10:34 AM by drove all night Quote
marc-02 Posted May 12, 2023 at 10:53 AM Posted May 12, 2023 at 10:53 AM "Waiting on You" follows a very similar arrangement to Mariah's "Forever" from her Daydream album (1995), which follows a very similar arrangement to her own "O Holy Night" version (1994) and her 1991 song "So Blessed" from Emotions. Basically "How Did You Get Here" + "Forever" = "Waiting On You" I was actually gonna say the opening sequence of the song reminds me of one of Mariah's gospel-y songs, you're right, Forever (which I love) and her O Holy Night come to mind. 1 Quote
mike_z Posted May 12, 2023 at 10:57 AM Posted May 12, 2023 at 10:57 AM Love of my life will becomes one of my all time favourite Celine songs 😍 YES 1 Quote
mike_z Posted May 12, 2023 at 11:00 AM Posted May 12, 2023 at 11:00 AM I was actually gonna say the opening sequence of the song reminds me of one of Mariah's gospel-y songs, you're right, Forever (which I love) and her O Holy Night come to mind. It's a great song. I only regret that her voice sounds muffled as if she had a cold. Still very enjoyable Quote
fikus1 Posted May 12, 2023 at 11:22 AM Posted May 12, 2023 at 11:22 AM I waited until midnight too 😂 “Love of my life” is the most emotional and beautiful song I’ve ever heard, definitely my absolute favorite. It must have been extremely hard to sing this one while thinking of René… Who else has cried while listening to this song? I've been crying each time I hear it since yesterday 😭😭😭 So beautiful! Quote
LukeD Posted May 12, 2023 at 11:28 AM Posted May 12, 2023 at 11:28 AM (edited) I do not think the forum is ready for a negative review but here it is... I am not fond of this new album/soundtrack because it lacks coherence in sound and vocals. We are essentially getting a different version of Celine in each new track, and then we get Celine in her vocal prime and in her early 20s, with few music scores in between. I would have much liked the older versions to be given some new life in the form of modern arrangements, so that some engagement with the new songs would be achieved. In that way, all songs would form parts of a whole. In terms of the new songs Love Again and I'll Be are the very obvious stand-outs and good single choices. Love Again follows the path of lyrical maturity demonstrated in Courage and perfectly achieves its aim in warming our hearts! Only flaw is that her voice sounds pitched. 8/10 I'll Be is fantastic and effectively sets the example for up-tempo tracks. Only flaw is that the melody is not original enough. 9/10 Waiting On You, whilst it constitutes an improvement compared to HDGH, is overproduced, lacks in originality and Celine sounds thin and pitched throughout. 05/10 Love Of My Life is conventionally beautiful, but I am not feeling it as its emotion is forced. So many repetitions are not needed to get its message. 06/10 The Gift is somewhat catchy and that's about it. It is overproduced, noisy, Celine's vocals are edited and her diction is bad. 05/10 All things considered, I would give the album/soundtrack a 5/10. I do not think it will sit well with the public either. I expect it to sell a maximum of 200k worldwide by the end of its run. Edited May 12, 2023 at 11:30 AM by LukeD 2 Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted May 12, 2023 at 11:36 AM Posted May 12, 2023 at 11:36 AM I do not think the forum is ready for a negative review but here it is... I am not fond of this new album/soundtrack because it lacks coherence in sound and vocals. We are essentially getting a different version of Celine in each new trackWhich explains why you like Courage, because it's like the same track over and over except for a few lol 1 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
AdrienneM Posted May 12, 2023 at 11:43 AM Posted May 12, 2023 at 11:43 AM I feel like we are not listening to the same version. Is yours 5:49 min long? It is. The Dolby atmos version features the additional choral background vocals that were heard in the trailer that aren’t in the original version 1 Quote
LukeD Posted May 12, 2023 at 11:44 AM Posted May 12, 2023 at 11:44 AM (edited) Which explains why you like Courage, because it's like the same track over and over except for a few lolCourage and A New Day Has Come are easily her most coherent English works in sound and lyrics/themes. Also the songs on Courage do not sound alike to me at all. I have read what you say from a couple other fans in the forum but never felt that way about Courage. The issue I have with it relates to the use of 'bedroom' voice and poor diction. Edited May 12, 2023 at 11:44 AM by LukeD 1 Quote
KyleVan41 Posted May 12, 2023 at 11:55 AM Posted May 12, 2023 at 11:55 AM I love the new songs. ADORE them. I don’t know how anybody cannot say love of my life is now not one of most beautiful heartfelt songs…. 2 Quote
actofcontrition Posted May 12, 2023 at 11:58 AM Posted May 12, 2023 at 11:58 AM I’m so in love with « Waiting on you » it is sooo beautiful and i am listening to it on repeat 🥰🥰🥰 1 Quote
celinefan1985 Posted May 12, 2023 at 12:01 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 12:01 PM (edited) My reactions... LOVE AGAIN...(3/5) Love the beginning but soon it starts to feel like "flat" to me... A very poor climax and the voice sounds very retouched... I'LL BE... (4/5) Fireworkss.. hehehehe.... everytime I hear it like it more but I miss a higher EDM part, hope someone makes a Remix... It is like it starts growing... seems it's promising a crazy dance part but thennnnnn meh... it starts again from the beginning point... WAINTING FOR YOU... (5/5) Yess giirl!! this is what I am expecting from Celine... classy, elegant, soulful, yasss... I'm going to love this song for yearsss... LOVE OF MY LIFE... (5/5) Moccio is being Celine's best ally. Understanding the actual Celine and finding a voice at this moments and not "pretendings to be"... Here we don't here any Sias, Adeles, Linda Perrys.... Celine as she is... beautiful and another example that we don't need high notes anymore... She doesn't need to force it if now she is not the trained voice she was before. THE GIFT... (2/5) Eyes on me... Rain, Tax... Why to keep trying with younger audiences in a language she and her producers don't understand... again a lot of voice effcts and I don't see or listen Celine anywhere... Always have a feeling of looking to my mother coming to me dancing so outdated in a party when I hear this "uptempo" pop songs from Celine since 2000s 100% concur with your review of each song! Edited May 12, 2023 at 12:01 PM by celinefan1985 1 Quote
Cuquito Posted May 12, 2023 at 12:03 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 12:03 PM (edited) Love of my Live is so emotional and beautiful and imo is the perfect song for a movie. It’s Celine being Celine. Beautiful music, love the lyrics and crystal clear vocals. That “ooo” after “mine” is everything. If I could I would change the name of the movie to LOML and use the song as the main track lol. Edited May 12, 2023 at 12:15 PM by Cuquito 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 12, 2023 at 12:04 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 12:04 PM It’s better to hear it in Dolby Atmos 👍🏼 Quote
Bruno Portugal Posted May 12, 2023 at 12:41 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 12:41 PM Beautiful!!! This voice cannot be silenced… 1 Quote My Webpage >>> TRIBUTE TO CELINE DION
ninetales Posted May 12, 2023 at 12:53 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 12:53 PM LOML is growing on me now. I didn't like it at first but I think it's the "heart" of the soudtrack album. Waiting On You is a potential karaoke/singing contest hit. The Gift sounds good for Tiktok. Quote
manu23 Posted May 12, 2023 at 12:57 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 12:57 PM I wish I could be more excited about the new songs and movie but I can't isolate this from what she is going through and the more than likely tour cancelation. I guess it's better to be happy for what you get than thinking about what you are missing, but it's just too sad. Still I'm enjoying the new songs, Love of my life is so beautiful! 2 Quote
marc-02 Posted May 12, 2023 at 01:08 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 01:08 PM (edited) And so we get a confirmation from Celine herself that some of the songs (most likely all except for Love Again) were not written specifically for the film and were recorded way before: The time to hear the full LOVE AGAIN soundtrack is NOW! 💞Listen to all 14 tracks including Celine's newest songs! ✨ Which one is your favourite?🎶 Listen or buy the album : https://CelineDion.lnk.to/LoveAgainSoundtrack-Team Celine “Some of these songs were recorded a while ago, and yet they still feel so right for this movie. I’m very grateful to be able to share them with you, the ones you know so well along with the new ones.” – Celine xx… Il est maintenant venu le temps d’écouter toute la bande-son de LOVE AGAIN ! 💞Découvrez dès maintenant les 14 pistes incluant les 5 nouvelles chansons de Céline ! ✨Laquelle est votre préférée ? 🎶 Écoutez ou achetez dès maintenant : https://CelineDion.lnk.to/LoveAgainSoundtrack-Team Céline « Certaines de ces chansons ont été enregistrées il y a un certain temps, et malgré cela, elles correspondent toujours parfaitement aux propos du film. Je suis très reconnaissante de pouvoir les partager avec vous, celles que vous connaissez si bien, et les nouvelles. » - Céline xx… ===== This would also mean only Love Again will be eligible for Oscar consideration. Hahaha Edited May 12, 2023 at 01:09 PM by marc-02 1 Quote
célinedionfan_16 Posted May 12, 2023 at 01:26 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 01:26 PM And so we get a confirmation from Celine herself that some of the songs (most likely all except for Love Again) were not written specifically for the film and were recorded way before: The time to hear the full LOVE AGAIN soundtrack is NOW! 💞Listen to all 14 tracks including Celine's newest songs! ✨ Which one is your favourite?🎶 Listen or buy the album : https://CelineDion.lnk.to/LoveAgainSoundtrack-Team Celine “Some of these songs were recorded a while ago, and yet they still feel so right for this movie. I’m very grateful to be able to share them with you, the ones you know so well along with the new ones.” – Celine xx… Il est maintenant venu le temps d’écouter toute la bande-son de LOVE AGAIN ! 💞Découvrez dès maintenant les 14 pistes incluant les 5 nouvelles chansons de Céline ! ✨Laquelle est votre préférée ? 🎶 Écoutez ou achetez dès maintenant : https://CelineDion.lnk.to/LoveAgainSoundtrack-Team Céline « Certaines de ces chansons ont été enregistrées il y a un certain temps, et malgré cela, elles correspondent toujours parfaitement aux propos du film. Je suis très reconnaissante de pouvoir les partager avec vous, celles que vous connaissez si bien, et les nouvelles. » - Céline xx… ===== This would also mean only Love Again will be eligible for Oscar consideration. Hahaha I think the old songs she’s referring to are the actual old ones like WDMHBN or IACBTMN. I don’t think she’s referencing the new songs at all. She’s just saying that these old hits were a good fit for the movie. 4 Quote
québecflower Posted May 12, 2023 at 01:28 PM Posted May 12, 2023 at 01:28 PM they were ecorded a while ago , doesn't mean it was not for the movie. they filmed this a while ago too. Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.