Jump to content

"Love Again": Original Soundtrack - Official Topic


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
now the song are out , lol I want to know if some of the forum team members can get do their magic stuff and bring us the songs but this time without all this edits( autotune). Just to know if it was worse or better Edited by sailornic
Posted (edited)

I just listened to all of the new songs….

 

I’m impressed, and happy with it.

 

“Love Of My Life” may be one of her most beautiful songs of all time. I can say that even after only a few listens. It’s almost like an instant gem… you can tell she feel every syllable and word. I mean it’s so well done, I love everything about it! :wub:

 

“Waiting On You” is retro as heck, feels like a cross between Aretha Franklin and Bruno Mars, I like it better than almost anything on the “Courage” album.

 

“The Gift” is actually quite good, despite the repetitive lyrics and tho it feels like a 3rd grader could’ve wrote it…. The beat and song overall still gives that upbeat good feel! I enjoyed it.

 

As I predicted that “Love Of My Life” and “I’ll Be” would be my favorites on the album and they 100% are… what I didn’t think would happen would be that in my opinion they are so good, I honestly think they are probably her best 2 songs since 2004. I love them more than anything on the TC/LMBTL and Courage albums!

 

This makes me miss Celine more and hope and pray she heals and we have more gems to come like this…. I feel the best really is to come IF Celine makes it past this biggest hurdle.

 

:wub:

Edited by Nmj
  • Like 1
Posted
Love of My Life is perfect. Is it just me or do her vocals on Waiting on You sound very muffled. I like the song but that kind of bothers me.
Posted

Just listened to the 3 new songs.

 

-Waiting on you, for me, is better than "how did you get here". It s more catchy and Celine's voice is good. Make me think about Janis Joplin.

 

-Love of my life is a gem. A little too short but it s so good. celine's voice is top. A full Stéphane Moccio album would be great. It s her anglophone JJG !

 

-The gift : better than Soul. Way more "funny". You Can hear that Céline had lot of fun singing it , I Can imagine this song live in stage with Céline doing her mamacita thing.

 

After listening to these songs I find very awfull that some critics like Denise Bombardier said that Céline Lost her voice. She sounds like she sounded in 2019 and 2020, so they must have not listened to her since a very long Time.

 

My final ranking :

-I'll be

-Love of my life

-Love again

-The gift

-waiting on you

  • Like 1
Posted

My Lord, this is all bitter sweet. Incredible new music from Celine, her in an actual movie. And we don’t know if she’s ok- if she’s struggling every day or what’s going on.

 

I love all the new songs you know- they are all individually special.

 

Waiting on You just makes me smile.

  • Like 2
Posted
The Gift could have been a great, big comeback single - it’s got sass and energy. And like it or not, it’s catchy and a vibe
  • Like 1
Posted

Now that I have listened to these in full close to 50 times each lol.

 

My top 5 are

 

I’ll be

Love again

Waiting on you

The Gift

Love of my life

 

It must have been tough for her to do LOML and I bet took a few takes, beautiful lyrics, simple arrangement and she sounds incredible but for me this is very forgettable.

 

Waiting on you, I love what she does with her voice here and I don’t think it’s like HDYGH at all, I really like it.

 

The gift, is very repeatitive but it’s very catchy and I can see this getting a radio edit/remix maybe. But a feel good uptempo song from Céline is never a bad thing.

 

Love again is a great song and obviously suits the movie perfectly and I really like it.

 

But I’ll be, is the stand out here and her best song for me since Lying down, the message, and the tempo of it together with how her voice is on this song is 5 star!

  • Like 1
Posted
I WANNA BE YOUR BLUE SKKKKKYYYYYYEEEYYYY
  • Like 4
Posted (edited)

Got a feeling I’ll be humming or repeating “you who whooooo” all day today from waiting on you lol. :P

 

Her voice does sound a bit like she has the flu if you listen carefully on this track.

Edited by Shamrock_1982
  • Like 1
Posted
Dear Lord, The Gift is out of this world :wub: :D I love it! :clap: The only mega weird thing is what she does at the bridge and then towards the end. She sounds like Cher and it weirds me out. Sounds like a parody rather than a serious recording. That wasn't necessary. It kind of ruined the second part of the song. Celine, please stop doing weird stuff like this on your official recordings...
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted (edited)
Remember when someone who apparently heard the song posted a while back that Celine samples Cher in The Gift? Maybe that is what that person meant. I thought it was an April fool first Edited by ryba
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted
OMG!!!!! Love of my life is GREAT!!!! I love her voice, feelings.....
Posted (edited)
Love of my life gives me chills. The piano sounds so strong and beautiful. And her voice sounds clear, full of emotion and truly beautiful. This song is like a movie. The "from the first moment" parts and the bridge make you tear up :D Edited by ryba
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted
2.50 - 3.02 on WOY, I can’t stop repeating it, it gives me serious chills.
Posted

I like the Reggae-Cher she does on TG 😆

 

Like on THLAL- yaass mann!

  • Like 1
Posted

 

Watcha ma do, watcha ma do! Lol

  • Like 1
Posted
Album is No. 1 on iTunes in Belgium, Indonesia, and Singapore. No. 6 in the US.
  • Like 3
Posted (edited)

The sound on the new WDMHBT version is definitely altered and improved compared to the 90s version

 

Edited by ryba
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted (edited)
I’m even more looking forward to seeing this movie again now on Sunday as I will know all the words to the songs this time round :) Edited by Shamrock_1982
  • Like 1
Posted
I also could listen to an entire album of Keegan deWitt’s score- beautiful
Posted

Listened to the 3 new tracks this morning.

 

LOML is stunning. Absolutely stunning. Celine sounds incredible on it. Genuinely blown away. I lost my dad a few years ago and this song put me into my mums shoes. I just love it.

 

WOY is great. I love the vibe. TG meh. I don’t think I’d miss it.

 

Going to listen to the album in its entirety later. I think all together with the mix of songs it’ll be a solid album.

EZRRIMBUMAEcL2n.jpg

Posted

My reactions...

 

LOVE AGAIN...(3/5) Love the beginning but soon it starts to feel like "flat" to me... A very poor climax and the voice sounds very retouched...

 

I'LL BE... (4/5) Fireworkss.. hehehehe.... everytime I hear it like it more but I miss a higher EDM part, hope someone makes a Remix... It is like it starts growing... seems it's promising a crazy dance part but thennnnnn meh... it starts again from the beginning point...

 

WAINTING FOR YOU... (5/5) Yess giirl!! this is what I am expecting from Celine... classy, elegant, soulful, yasss... I'm going to love this song for yearsss...

 

LOVE OF MY LIFE... (5/5) Moccio is being Celine's best ally. Understanding the actual Celine and finding a voice at this moments and not "pretendings to be"... Here we don't here any Sias, Adeles, Linda Perrys.... Celine as she is... beautiful and another example that we don't need high notes anymore... She doesn't need to force it if now she is not the trained voice she was before.

 

THE GIFT... (2/5) Eyes on me... Rain, Tax... Why to keep trying with younger audiences in a language she and her producers don't understand... again a lot of voice effcts and I don't see or listen Celine anywhere... Always have a feeling of looking to my mother coming to me dancing so outdated in a party when I hear this "uptempo" pop songs from Celine since 2000s

  • Like 2
Posted
Omg, the "you-oh-oh" in WOY is just a bop! Can't get it out of my head, so infectious.
Posted
The songs are up on deezer in my country. I just want to say that i am happy to hear new music from Celine. Simple as that. Not expecting any charts, promo or whatever...

I mostly like the new songs and in this order:

 

1. Love of my life 9/10

2. Waiting on you 9/10

3. Love again 9/10

4. I'll be 7/10

5. The gift 3/10.

 

The gift is one pretty bad song and hard to listen to. Will forget all about it like for example - Soul.

 

All in all, i am happy with anything Celine presents to us, still, considering her condition...

 

 

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

You dont like the gift thats fine thats your musical taste but there is nothing bad about that song its repetitive bit so is ill be

 

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

 

 

  • Like 1
Posted
I’m all for people having their own opinions and all that bollox… but “I’ll Be” 7/10?!?!? F*ck off will you!

 

Definitely not voting for you on Saturday night!

 

Get out!!! :P

Sorey agree ill be is my leaat favourite from the album

 

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

 

 

  • Like 1
Posted

I just listened to the 3 new songs and while I think it's a random selection, here's my first impression:

 

WOY:

This retro style suits her so well, she just has fun with it and you can tell. It's uplifting and has a real charm to it. I agree that it reminds me of HDYGH and I could actually see it on Courage instead of it.

 

LOML:

Céline sounds divine. I got goosebumps all over, it's one of her best piano ballads in recent years. She sounds vulnerable yet strong and you really feel her emotions. It's the gem of the new songs. I just love it.

 

TG:

While I can appreciate its catchiness and its simplicity, I think Céline sounds very unlike herself here. Maybe it's the mixing but her voice sounds almost grating to me, especially in the beginning. Is Humberto still around? Without a doubt the weakest track to me.

  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

my ranking:

 

1. I'll Be

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g1UePE4HXQ

 

great upbeat song, screams summerhit :wub:

 

2. The Gift

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6BvA82sUYo

 

great upbeat song, love the reggae sound :wub:

 

3. Waiting On You

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x9YWin9_E8

 

great Soul/Pop ballad

 

4. Love Again

 

 

 

great title track

 

5. Love of My Life

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPBhFai_REk

 

great ballad but a little bit boring and forgettable, I prefer Courage

Edited by comingback
  • Like 3
Posted

my ranking:

 

1. I'll Be

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g1UePE4HXQ

 

great upbeat song, screams summerhit :wub:

 

2. The Gift

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6BvA82sUYo

 

great upbeat song, love the reggae sound :wub:

 

3. Waiting On You

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x9YWin9_E8

 

great Soul/Pop ballad

 

4. Love Again

 

 

 

great title track

 

5. Love of My Life

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPBhFai_REk

 

great ballad but a little bit boring and forgettable, I prefer Courage

 

Listen to LOML again. Closely. Listen to her pronunciation, her inflections. There are three songs in her entire English career that I hear the same vulnerability and emotion. TCOML, Courage and LOML.

  • Like 2

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted (edited)

"Waiting on You" follows a very similar arrangement to Mariah's "Forever" from her Daydream album (1995), which follows a very similar arrangement to her own "O Holy Night" version (1994) and her 1991 song "So Blessed" from Emotions.

 

Basically "How Did You Get Here" + "Forever" = "Waiting On You"

 

:yes:

Edited by LukeD
Posted

I have to say all 5 of the new songs grabbed me instantly more than most of anything on “Courage” did.

 

On initial listen my favourites are “I’ll Be” and “Love of My Life.” Moccio just gets Celine doesn’t he? Everything he’s written for her is absolutely on point for that time in her life and the songs are just gorgeous too.

  • Like 4

CDP.jpg

Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.

Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...