nowanorris Posted May 21, 2021 at 12:55 AM Posted May 21, 2021 at 12:55 AM I absolutely love Vegas as a city in general with or without Celine, it’s just a plus for me. I like to gamble, EAT, use the pools, see shows etc.so personally, I’m glad she’s back. I agree - we're going this July too. First time back since Covid shut the world down. So excited. And yes, EAT especially! 1 Quote
ehild Posted May 21, 2021 at 12:58 AM Posted May 21, 2021 at 12:58 AM I'm not a big gambler but I will play just for fun sometimes. I love Vegas for food and shows!! It's always a good time! 4 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
rfkavanagh Posted May 21, 2021 at 01:32 AM Posted May 21, 2021 at 01:32 AM I absolutely love Vegas as a city in general with or without Celine, it’s just a plus for me. I like to gamble, EAT, use the pools, see shows etc. so personally, I’m glad she’s back. I'm totally the opposite - if it weren't for Céline, I'd hardly ever set foot in Vegas. I don't gamble, have no interest in clubbing or hanging by the pool, couldn't care less about the shopping, find the smoking indoors absolutely horrendous, and count myself lucky if I can add on another show or two besides Céline to make it worth the visit. Vegas was fun and interesting the first time I went. I think everyone has to see it at least once to get any real understanding of the experience - it's completely over-the-top-tacky, but it's so well done that it becomes impressive and you have to experience it firsthand to get it. But it's not something I need to repeat very often! I probably find myself there once every couple of years, and that's more than enough. 3 Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted May 21, 2021 at 01:45 AM Posted May 21, 2021 at 01:45 AM It's in French so I have no clue what's being said but if some of the footage is rehearsals for this show I'm beyond excited!! Theater looks amazing!!https://www.facebook.com/groups/636276953485952/permalink/1186155511831424/No, from what I could gather that’s the MGM arena in Cotai, which I believe is in Macau. However, that being said, I’m sure this arena will be just as amazing since they’re pulling out all the stops! Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
ehild Posted May 21, 2021 at 03:02 AM Posted May 21, 2021 at 03:02 AM No, from what I could gather that’s the MGM arena in Cotai, which I believe is in Macau. However, that being said, I’m sure this arena will be just as amazing since they’re pulling out all the stops!Yeah I saw that. I got the impression if they modeled RW features after that theater it stands to reason this theater and the shows should be pretty spectacular. I guess we'll see! 1 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
CelineDionFreak Posted May 21, 2021 at 03:17 AM Posted May 21, 2021 at 03:17 AM (edited) Yeah I saw that. I got the impression if they modeled RW features after that theater it stands to reason this theater and the shows should be pretty spectacular. I guess we'll see!Yes for sure!!! I love the huge screen that curves along the stage and the elevators! I hope they make use of all the abilities while sticking to the clean, intimate show Celine is hinting at! Edited May 21, 2021 at 03:18 AM by CelineDionFreak 2 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
PuraVida Posted May 21, 2021 at 01:22 PM Posted May 21, 2021 at 01:22 PM No, from what I could gather that's the MGM arena in Cotai, which I believe is in Macau. However, that being said, I'm sure this arena will be just as amazing since they're pulling out all the stops! I imagine the on-stage humidifiers have gotten even more advanced by now! 1 Quote
Popular Post remykyes Posted May 21, 2021 at 02:28 PM Popular Post Posted May 21, 2021 at 02:28 PM (edited) AHHHHHH! Scored FRONT ROW ORCH 4 for January 25th and front row of 1st Mezz 4 for January 26th! Paid a little more than I wanted to, but you only live once! SO EXCITED!!! Edited May 21, 2021 at 02:39 PM by remykyes 11 Quote New Signature Coming Soon!
Céline RO Posted May 21, 2021 at 03:41 PM Posted May 21, 2021 at 03:41 PM (edited) 1621607327[/url]' post='2404762']AHHHHHH! Scored FRONT ROW ORCH 4 for January 25th and front row of 1st Mezz 4 for January 26th! Paid a little more than I wanted to, but you only live once! SO EXCITED!!! Congrats! Maybe it’s time to add to your signature picture Edited May 21, 2021 at 03:42 PM by Céline RO 1 Quote The best is yet to come...
remykyes Posted May 21, 2021 at 09:23 PM Posted May 21, 2021 at 09:23 PM Congrats! Maybe it’s time to add to your signature picture Done Quote New Signature Coming Soon!
Nmj Posted May 21, 2021 at 09:27 PM Posted May 21, 2021 at 09:27 PM Done So creative of them to name the Caesars Palace and Resorts World Residencies the same thing huh? I understand it’s her name but come on it will be confusing for stats and records... they could’ve been a tad bit creative. Even named it something generic like Celine: Then & Now the Vegas Residency. Nice signature tho! 1 Quote
ryba Posted May 21, 2021 at 09:46 PM Posted May 21, 2021 at 09:46 PM I don’t know why they stick to the 2013 LMBTL cover font for the logo. It’s not great at all as a general new logo. 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted May 21, 2021 at 09:53 PM Posted May 21, 2021 at 09:53 PM I don’t know why they stick to the 2013 LMBTL cover font for the logo. It’s not great at all as a general new logo. I can't remember specifics but I feel like the font was used in other projects as well of hers. I feel like it was for some previous Vegas stuff, but depending on how you look at it, that's not likely since they wouldn't want to use an old font for a new show.. Quote
Dancing_Queen Posted May 21, 2021 at 09:58 PM Posted May 21, 2021 at 09:58 PM I wonder if there will be some kind of event for the grand opening of Resorts World? If so, I'm guessing the entertainers will be expected to attend? 1 Quote
browseceline Posted May 21, 2021 at 10:07 PM Posted May 21, 2021 at 10:07 PM I can't remember specifics but I feel like the font was used in other projects as well of hers. I feel like it was for some previous Vegas stuff, but depending on how you look at it, that's not likely since they wouldn't want to use an old font for a new show.. In the 2018 asian tour for instance Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk 1 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Alex_Incognito Posted May 21, 2021 at 11:22 PM Posted May 21, 2021 at 11:22 PM With a name like “Resorts World” we cannot expect much creativity 4 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Céline RO Posted May 22, 2021 at 08:36 AM Posted May 22, 2021 at 08:36 AM I don’t know why they stick to the 2013 LMBTL cover font for the logo. It’s not great at all as a general new logo. It’s not that bad. Quote The best is yet to come...
Céline RO Posted May 22, 2021 at 08:38 AM Posted May 22, 2021 at 08:38 AM 1621634015[/url'>' post='2404775']I can't remember specifics but I feel like the font was used in other projects as well of hers. I feel like it was for some previous Vegas stuff, but depending on how you look at it, that's not likely since they wouldn't want to use an old font for a new show..1621634864' post='2404777']In the 2018 asian tour for instance Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk The 2018 tour font was not the same. She used the current font for the final shows in Vegas 2018-19 and the Courage World Tour. Quote The best is yet to come...
nuts2you Posted May 22, 2021 at 02:34 PM Posted May 22, 2021 at 02:34 PM https://www.journaldequebec.com/2021/05/18/la-salle-de-spectacle-de-celine-dion-concue-au-quebec-1?fbclid=IwAR2QRmX7SkP7R3y0DD3Ru_5eGFmX4NAxGzTHFipLDbcsnHS-t5NNyqreVgc Not sure if this has been posted yet or not, 2 Quote
nuts2you Posted May 22, 2021 at 07:06 PM Posted May 22, 2021 at 07:06 PM https://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/entertainment-columns/kats/celine-doubles-resorts-world-dates-underwood-adds-6-shows-2358719/?fbclid=IwAR0CB9qPeNuO4x7DWHLbm2kK5TYlBOXiiXdwpeK2ylDxDNC0eJ9h7ga5LyU Not sure if this has been posted yet or not Quote
PuraVida Posted May 22, 2021 at 08:55 PM Posted May 22, 2021 at 08:55 PM The 2018 tour font was not the same. She used the current font for the final shows in Vegas 2018-19 and the Courage World Tour. Perhaps it's the go-to font for these eras now. Quote
PuraVida Posted May 22, 2021 at 08:56 PM Posted May 22, 2021 at 08:56 PM I wonder if there will be some kind of event for the grand opening of Resorts World? If so, I'm guessing the entertainers will be expected to attend? Will Celine grab Katy's patty again? 1 Quote
smw Posted May 22, 2021 at 10:08 PM Posted May 22, 2021 at 10:08 PM (edited) Overall, I really like the poster for this new Celine residency.I love the simplicity, her dress is stunning, and she's dripping in diamonds.It exudes elegance... and it's not trying too hard. I do wish they at least named the show "Celine Dion" instead of "Celine"... just so that it would differ from her previous residency. But that's okay! What's important is that it's a wonderful show. I'm thrilled the Queen of Vegas is staying atop her throne, and I hope Celine & her team pump in the necessary energy to make it a truly special show. With everything that this fancy new theatre will offer, I hope they take full advantage of the bells and whistles. There's a way to keep the show simple and elegant (focusing on Celine, the music / the orchestra), but still wow the audience with jaw dropping visuals and getting Celine on some rising, elevated platforms... which is always where a diva like her should be. The last show featured water... the Courage tour featured drones... maybe this show will feature fire. Who knows! Edited May 22, 2021 at 10:11 PM by smw 4 Quote
Nmj Posted May 22, 2021 at 11:06 PM Posted May 22, 2021 at 11:06 PM Overall, I really like the poster for this new Celine residency.I love the simplicity, her dress is stunning, and she's dripping in diamonds.It exudes elegance... and it's not trying too hard. I do wish they at least named the show "Celine Dion" instead of "Celine"... just so that it would differ from her previous residency. But that's okay! What's important is that it's a wonderful show. I'm thrilled the Queen of Vegas is staying atop her throne, and I hope Celine & her team pump in the necessary energy to make it a truly special show. With everything that this fancy new theatre will offer, I hope they take full advantage of the bells and whistles. There's a way to keep the show simple and elegant (focusing on Celine, the music / the orchestra), but still wow the audience with jaw dropping visuals and getting Celine on some rising, elevated platforms... which is always where a diva like her should be. The last show featured water... the Courage tour featured drones... maybe this show will feature fire. Who knows! I read somewhere that Katy Perry, intends to make her show “a show for the senses”, she said to be working with technology of not only hearing and seeing, but also smelling and tasting. I wonder how that’s gonna happen, but I do respect the artistry and effort... I’m sure Katy will have people talking. The pressure is on for Celine, she needs to have a spectacular show... I know she doesn’t need “gimmicks” but now on her THIRD Las Vegas Residency, it’s time to do something, somehow different. It doesn’t seem like that will happen, considering they weren’t even creative enough to give the show a proper name; but I’m hoping they surprise us all. Quote
PuraVida Posted May 23, 2021 at 05:24 AM Posted May 23, 2021 at 05:24 AM I read somewhere that Katy Perry, intends to make her show “a show for the senses”, she said to be working with technology of not only hearing and seeing, but also smelling and tasting. I wonder how that’s gonna happen, but I do respect the artistry and effort... I’m sure Katy will have people talking. The pressure is on for Celine, she needs to have a spectacular show... I know she doesn’t need “gimmicks” but now on her THIRD Las Vegas Residency, it’s time to do something, somehow different. It doesn’t seem like that will happen, considering they weren’t even creative enough to give the show a proper name; but I’m hoping they surprise us all. I think judging from theme park technology and other high tech theaters they have the ability to pump fragrance through the audience. I doubt the theatre goes as far as hydraulic seats though hahah. I agree that the show should be different. I do wonder how much time they actually had compared to normal protocol to develop and conceptualize the show. It may be that her second leg of the show, broadly speaking, will be the more innovative one but who knows. 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 23, 2021 at 05:27 AM Posted May 23, 2021 at 05:27 AM (edited) If they want the best show. Do like they did before like A New Day… If this era, the people wants big production not just simple setup anymore. Big name. Big Production. People thinks when Céline do a show it will be big. That’s why I’m so happy that they did the A New Day show which people remember when it’s céline it will be an amazing show. Especially, when doing residency shows. You are doing your show in just one location so it supposed to be grand. Edited May 23, 2021 at 05:30 AM by jpatdeleon09 Quote
Celinelife Posted May 23, 2021 at 07:41 AM Posted May 23, 2021 at 07:41 AM Will there be a behind the scenes and all as there was for A New Day?And what about DVDs? Will we get any? Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 23, 2021 at 08:24 AM Posted May 23, 2021 at 08:24 AM Will there be a behind the scenes and all as there was for A New Day?And what about DVDs? Will we get any? What are you talking about? Behind the scenes of? Quote
Xpresso Posted May 23, 2021 at 12:10 PM Posted May 23, 2021 at 12:10 PM Let the show go on before asking for DVDs.... 2 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted May 23, 2021 at 12:32 PM Posted May 23, 2021 at 12:32 PM Let the show go on before asking for DVDs.... Exactly!! The time this show wraps up, teens will wonder what DVD’s even are haha we really need to stop asking for DVD’s as they are becoming so obsolete. Streaming yes 🙌 Kev x 2 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.