Dancing_Queen Posted May 18, 2021 at 05:49 PM Posted May 18, 2021 at 05:49 PM For anyone still looking for tickets: You can now pick your own seat on the site (instead of getting assigned a random one). 1 Quote
CelineTheBest5 Posted May 18, 2021 at 06:03 PM Posted May 18, 2021 at 06:03 PM Just waiting for Joe to open the border so I can head back this summer I'm in the same situation, but in Brazil.I won't buy anything untill the borders are opened again. Quote https://www.facebook...linedionbrazil/
rfkavanagh Posted May 18, 2021 at 06:26 PM Posted May 18, 2021 at 06:26 PM Glad I didn't buy a ticket yesterday since I realized last night I'll be abroad on opening night! (Assuming travel is open enough again by then.) Just bought my ticket for closing night instead - about 2/3 of the way back in front orchestra. I'm a bit sad to miss opening night, but can't really do anything about it so I'll just convince myself that they'll have refined everything during the first few shows but will totally add some special unique songs to try out on the last night. Just for me. 2 Quote
nuts2you Posted May 18, 2021 at 07:56 PM Posted May 18, 2021 at 07:56 PM Hey ,I was thinking since some of us will be going First / 2nd night , I think someone should organize a Fan Meet up , Also for those that havent been to Opening nights shows , Just one word IT'S THE BEST NIGHT OF YOUR LIFE ,, Everyone is there, all the fan groups , Media , 1 Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted May 18, 2021 at 08:06 PM Posted May 18, 2021 at 08:06 PM , I think someone should organize a Fan Meet up , Let’s not forget the 2011 meet up fiasco. Nearly killed this forum. The poor forum can’t take another such hit. 1 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Dancing_Queen Posted May 18, 2021 at 08:17 PM Posted May 18, 2021 at 08:17 PM Hey ,I was thinking since some of us will be going First / 2nd night , I think someone should organize a Fan Meet up , Also for those that havent been to Opening nights shows , Just one word IT'S THE BEST NIGHT OF YOUR LIFE ,, Everyone is there, all the fan groups , Media , The Red Heads did a really fun party for Céline's 50th birthday. Sadly, the show was cancelled due to Céline's illness, but the party was absolutely amazing.I'm not the biggest fan of TRH, but they throw great parties 😊 Something so magic about being surrounded with other fans 😊 2 Quote
rfkavanagh Posted May 18, 2021 at 08:18 PM Posted May 18, 2021 at 08:18 PM Let’s not forget the 2011 meet up fiasco. Nearly killed this forum. The poor forum can’t take another such hit. That sounds intriguing (and not too surprising). What happened?! Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted May 18, 2021 at 08:23 PM Posted May 18, 2021 at 08:23 PM (edited) That sounds intriguing (and not too surprising). What happened?!Lies and embezzlement. Don’t trust “cheerful” people. Edited May 18, 2021 at 08:23 PM by Alex_Incognito 1 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Shamrock_1982 Posted May 18, 2021 at 08:27 PM Posted May 18, 2021 at 08:27 PM That sounds intriguing (and not too surprising). What happened?! Was that when cheerful j ran off with da money? 1 Quote
Nmj Posted May 18, 2021 at 08:37 PM Posted May 18, 2021 at 08:37 PM Lies and embezzlement. Don’t trust “cheerful” people. Oh wow, I guess Celine Dion fans aren’t all squeaky clean Beauty and Beast die hards lol. 1 Quote
ImACelineDionFan Posted May 18, 2021 at 08:47 PM Posted May 18, 2021 at 08:47 PM Has anyone had luck reselling VIP tickets? I panicked Quote
rfkavanagh Posted May 18, 2021 at 08:52 PM Posted May 18, 2021 at 08:52 PM Lies and embezzlement. Don't trust "cheerful" people. Oh, that's never good! Hope nobody ended up out too much money - although losing any amount of money is never fun... Quote
nuts2you Posted May 18, 2021 at 08:55 PM Posted May 18, 2021 at 08:55 PM Céline Dion says she’s ‘not thinking’ about ‘falling in love again’ after husband René Angélil’s death | Fox News Boy , they cant just leave her alone about this can they , Quote
nuts2you Posted May 18, 2021 at 08:57 PM Posted May 18, 2021 at 08:57 PM The Red Heads did a really fun party for Céline's 50th birthday.Sadly, the show was cancelled due to Céline's illness, but the party was absolutely amazing.I'm not the biggest fan of TRH, but they throw great parties Something so magic about being surrounded with other fans I was there that night as well,I wonder if they will do something like this again,, That was a fun night I must say Quote
PuraVida Posted May 18, 2021 at 09:38 PM Posted May 18, 2021 at 09:38 PM Céline Dion says she’s ‘not thinking’ about ‘falling in love again’ after husband René Angélil’s death | Fox News Boy , they cant just leave her alone about this can they , It's strange, I can't remember people harping on this with others who have been widowed as much as they do with Celine. But maybe most move on quicker? I dunno. Quote
Del Posted May 18, 2021 at 09:59 PM Posted May 18, 2021 at 09:59 PM Lies and embezzlement. Dont trust cheerful people.Oooh I remember the scandal happening, just forgot when it happened. Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk Quote Instagram: @delphis78
incognito Posted May 18, 2021 at 10:03 PM Posted May 18, 2021 at 10:03 PM (edited) Has anyone had luck reselling VIP tickets? I panicked I did for courage world tour. I sold them at a $50 loss which wasn’t too bad. But now I am in the same boat. I want to sell a 3rd row VIP I bought because I got 2nd row for less and hopefully will get 1st row in general. Edited May 18, 2021 at 10:04 PM by incognito Quote
rfkavanagh Posted May 18, 2021 at 10:11 PM Posted May 18, 2021 at 10:11 PM It's strange, I can't remember people harping on this with others who have been widowed as much as they do with Celine. But maybe most move on quicker? I dunno. René was tied to every part of Céline's life and career and they both consistently reinforced that in every interview and appearance for decades. Add their age difference, knowing him most of her life, he mortgaged his house to finance her career, etc., and it's not surprising that it's such a part of the Céline mythos. She'll probably never escape those questions. Even if she ever does find someone new, they'll ask her what she thinks René would think and would he be happy for her! 1 Quote
scielle Posted May 18, 2021 at 10:19 PM Posted May 18, 2021 at 10:19 PM It's strange, I can't remember people harping on this with others who have been widowed as much as they do with Celine. But maybe most move on quicker? I dunno. It’s partially because nobody hires journalists anymore. So the only way these online brands can generate a steady stream of content to fill their pages and social media is these kinds of cut-and-paste fluff stories plagiarized from other outlets. It’s all the same junk (in this case all from the Today interview.) I refuse to click on any of it and wish people would stop amplifying this kind of exploitation. Hire a proper journalist, write a proper story and then I’ll give you the click. But not for this cheap, recycled garbage, cut-and-pasted by your unpaid intern. (Also, why do these people interviewing her feel they have the right to keep asking her about this? It’s so crass. None of your damn business! I wish she’d do more interviews with proper journalists, not these fluff ET-types who can’t ask a thoughtful question and are only there for the voyeurism.) 5 Quote
Chantemoi Posted May 18, 2021 at 10:56 PM Posted May 18, 2021 at 10:56 PM It’s partially because nobody hires journalists anymore. So the only way these online brands can generate a steady stream of content to fill their pages and social media is these kinds of cut-and-paste fluff stories plagiarized from other outlets. It’s all the same junk (in this case all from the Today interview.) I refuse to click on any of it and wish people would stop amplifying this kind of exploitation. Hire a proper journalist, write a proper story and then I’ll give you the click. But not for this cheap, recycled garbage, cut-and-pasted by your unpaid intern. (Also, why do these people interviewing her feel they have the right to keep asking her about this? It’s so crass. None of your damn business! I wish she’d do more interviews with proper journalists, not these fluff ET-types who can’t ask a thoughtful question and are only there for the voyeurism.) A true journalist would never ask their subject: “So you really seem to be in love with X ... how long do you think that’s going to last?” or “You’ve been with X for quite a while. Are you still in love or are you going through the motions for the sake of publicity?” The “will she find love again” questions are just as distasteful and disrespectful to René. 2 Quote
MTJ Posted May 18, 2021 at 11:16 PM Posted May 18, 2021 at 11:16 PM I'm confused... have people bought tickets already? I thought they didn't go on sale for another few days. I want tickets! Quote
scielle Posted May 19, 2021 at 12:38 AM Posted May 19, 2021 at 12:38 AM Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetStill hiring the Québécois, I see! Quote
PuraVida Posted May 19, 2021 at 12:56 AM Posted May 19, 2021 at 12:56 AM It's partially because nobody hires journalists anymore. So the only way these online brands can generate a steady stream of content to fill their pages and social media is these kinds of cut-and-paste fluff stories plagiarized from other outlets. It's all the same junk (in this case all from the Today interview.)I refuse to click on any of it and wish people would stop amplifying this kind of exploitation. Hire a proper journalist, write a proper story and then I'll give you the click. But not for this cheap, recycled garbage, cut-and-pasted by your unpaid intern.(Also, why do these people interviewing her feel they have the right to keep asking her about this? It's so crass. None of your damn business! I wish she'd do more interviews with proper journalists, not these fluff ET-types who can't ask a thoughtful question and are only there for the voyeurism.) You're right that there's been a "gossipization" of news, and clickbait-ificiation. But the person who asked this on Today is a seasoned news person I believe, not sure if she has the hard credentials, but she certainly knows what she was doing. But let's not forget, Barbra Walters has asked these kinds of questions for decades. I definitely agree I want to see better, more interesting questions to Celine. But someone pointed out, I think correctly, that those interviews are usually done on the phone or on the radio--that's where Celine shines. Quote
MTJ Posted May 19, 2021 at 01:04 AM Posted May 19, 2021 at 01:04 AM Ohhh I got tickets! This is the year of Celine for me! I'm seeing her in Denver in September, then again opening night! I didn't spring for the fancy tickets though, just mezzanine. After geeking out online and staying up all night for updates over so many past premieres, I'm finally going to see one live. I am so excited!!! 6 Quote
Celinelife Posted May 19, 2021 at 02:02 AM Posted May 19, 2021 at 02:02 AM Hey ,I was thinking since some of us will be going First / 2nd night , I think someone should organize a Fan Meet up , Also for those that havent been to Opening nights shows , Just one word IT'S THE BEST NIGHT OF YOUR LIFE ,, Everyone is there, all the fan groups , Media ,They won't allow anyone to meet her because of COVID Quote
LVCeline Posted May 19, 2021 at 02:28 AM Posted May 19, 2021 at 02:28 AM Keep checking back, I happened to check for tickets last night at 1:30am and found the 5 tickets I was trying to get! They're releasing new tickets periodically. I got a single ticket for the 6th as well cause everyone else going on the 5th isn't as big of fan. Soooooo excited! 1 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted May 19, 2021 at 03:18 AM Posted May 19, 2021 at 03:18 AM Ohhh I got tickets! This is the year of Celine for me! I'm seeing her in Denver in September, then again opening night! I didn't spring for the fancy tickets though, just mezzanine. After geeking out online and staying up all night for updates over so many past premieres, I'm finally going to see one live. I am so excited!!! You’re going to have such an amazing time. Not only will it be Celine’s first time performing in a year and a half (assuming the NA dates can’t happen,) it’s opening night not just of the show but the theater itself! Resorts World is sure to make a big deal out of it. Plus, it’s a benefit for Covid relief. It’s gonna be super special. 2 Quote
nuts2you Posted May 19, 2021 at 01:26 PM Posted May 19, 2021 at 01:26 PM They won't allow anyone to meet her because of COVID No, I mean the fans that are going from here , that will be going Opening night or the 2nd night , Someone can organize a fan meet up Quote
Chantemoi Posted May 19, 2021 at 01:44 PM Posted May 19, 2021 at 01:44 PM No, I mean the fans that are going from here , that will be going Opening night or the 2nd night , Someone can organize a fan meet up So how does that work? Do we meet up and mingle after the show somewhere? Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted May 19, 2021 at 01:53 PM Posted May 19, 2021 at 01:53 PM Anyone looking for a TC code for tickets send me a DM and you can have mine. 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.