Jump to content

New Las Vegas residency show!


Recommended Posts

Posted

I don’t know....I’m not her manager, if I was she’d fire me for “overworking” her because I’d book her everywhere.

 

Me too! :sofunny:

Posted

 

 

I doubt it. Ellen’s ratings has tanked since she was discovered to be a horrible person. If course, we all knew that before everyone else guven the crappy interview Ellen gave her during TC.

 

This is so misogynistic and hypocritical... Ellen has spent years dedicated to several good causes, including but not limited to LGBTQI+ community, animal protection, mental health, homelessness , human rights, sexual abuse, women support, slavery and human traffic and many others. But, hey, let's call her a horrible human being because some executives males in her work place were being abusive to others.

 

I wonder what all this people hating/canceling her has done of good to the world to feel so comfortable calling her horrible. This cancel culture thing is a joke!

  • Like 1
Posted

I doubt it. Ellen’s ratings has tanked since she was discovered to be a horrible person. If course, we all knew that before everyone else guven the crappy interview Ellen gave her during TC.

i love how you say discovered, like you say, it was pretty evident. :giggle:
  • Like 2
Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Posted (edited)

Forgive me if I’m wrong... but it wasn’t “executive males” being rude and disrespectful, it was Ellen herself. To staffers, runners, guests AND network members... but whatever people want to believe in order to preserve their image of her I guess.

 

And if we’re doing to discuss her contributions to the LGBTQI community, let’s not forget to discuss when she was incredibly rude and dismissive towards a trans woman who appeared on her show to discuss being forced into coming out before she was ready, and placing her in a dressing room the size of a janitors closet, and not even giving her access to a toilet 🙃

Edited by AdrienneM
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

@guigafs15: I think you need to look into this more. The male executives are only half of the story. She has been consistently rude to anyone deemed 'beneath' her, employees, servers in restaurants, lesser-known guests, fans...

One story, I could easily dismiss. But the pattern is too obvious.

 

I agree cancel culture goes too far when people lose an entire career over something they said 20 years ago.

But when they consistently treat people like sh*t, I'm happy to see them canceled tbh. Though I still agree the good they've done should not be forgotten, they do not deserve the platform (and perks) they are given.

Edited by Dancing_Queen
  • Like 4
Posted

Forgive me if I’m wrong... but it wasn’t “executive males” being rude and disrespectful, it was Ellen herself. To staffers, runners, guests AND network members... but whatever people want to believe in order to preserve their image of her I guess.

 

And if we’re doing to discuss her contributions to the LGBTQI community, let’s not forget to discuss when she was incredibly rude and dismissive towards a trans woman who appeared on her show to discuss being forced into coming out before she was ready, and placing her in a dressing room the size of a janitors closet, and not even giving her access to a toilet 🙃

 

Stop believing in gossip media. In the official report of a investigation made by the network made clear that no even one of the employees has named Ellen herself as the abuser and all the male executives were fired! Some of the employees came out to defend her...

 

You can keep creating reasons to hate her, she still probably dane more good to the world than you! And there's the whole point. For each person that might had have a bad experience with her, there's thousands of others that have a great time. She doesn't need to be perfect, as nobody is! And the fact the you need to ignore all the good she has been done in order to feel comfortable hating her says it all!

It is just hypocritical hate... You can solve that with your mirror!

 

Posted

@guigafs15: I think you need to look into this more. The male executives are only half of the story. She has been consistently rude to anyone deemed 'beneath' her, employees, servers in restaurants, lesser-known guests, fans...

One story, I could easily dismiss. But the pattern is too obvious.

 

I agree cancel culture goes too far when people lose an entire career over something they said 20 years ago.

But when they consistently treat people like sh*t, I'm happy to see them canceled tbh. Though I still agree the good they've done should not be forgotten, they do not deserve the platform (and perks) they are given.

 

I did look into it! And I found nothing beyond internet gossip and gossip website based on the internet gossip. And, again, even if it was all true (wich is not) it does not change all the good she's done! And there's the problem with cancel culture... People just pretend the person is a monster, incapable anything good, to justify their hate, even if you have years of work showing otherwise. You can hold someone responsible for something without dehumanizing them. You can't erase a lifetime of Ellen's work on behalf of others just to justify the hate!

Posted
Is anyone else trying to get tickets and not able to because the timer still says over an hour? It's past 10am for me and I've never had this issue.
Posted (edited)

Is anyone else trying to get tickets and not able to because the timer still says over an hour? It's past 10am for me and I've never had this issue.

 

10am pacific time. That’s noon where you are and 1pm on the east coast.

Edited by remykyes

New Signature Coming Soon!

Posted

10am pacific time. That's noon where you are and 1pm on the east coast.

 

Thank you! It has always been 10am my time ;)

  • Like 1
Posted

Christ... I didn’t realise this was the coalition of rabid defenders of Ellen DeGeneres forum...

 

And of course an investigation into one of their, if not THE TOP, money and traffic bringing television chat show hosts of all time isn’t going to expose them as a bad person or prove any of the allegations towards them, that’s not how the corporate investigations work lol

 

May mods/admins also address the fact that criticisms of a celebrity has resulted in personal attacks that are way out of proportion? Thanks!

Posted

 

Wow, I didn’t know this. Makes me want her to stop singing the song, even tho I love it.

 

Yeah. I think he’s been off Twitter for a while (wonder if he was suspended or closed his account to move over to Parler or some such 🙄), but it was all pretty vile stuff.

Shame, because now every time she sings that song I’m conflicted about him getting the royalties.

  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

Yeah. I think he’s been off Twitter for a while (wonder if he was suspended or closed his account to move over to Parler or some such 🙄), but it was all pretty vile stuff.

Shame, because now every time she sings that song I’m conflicted about him getting the royalties.

 

Unfortunately considering he’s from Ohio And was born in the 40s... it doesn’t surprise me

Posted

 

 

This is so misogynistic and hypocritical...

Don’t shoot the messenger. I was never a fan of her Talk show with she always came across poorly but I did in the past enjoy some of her sitcom’s and her stand up.

  • Like 1

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted

 

 

Yeah. I think he’s been off Twitter for a while (wonder if he was suspended or closed his account to move over to Parler or some such 🙄), but it was all pretty vile stuff.

Shame, because now every time she sings that song I’m conflicted about him getting the royalties.

 

Yup. Carmen has been an awful person for decades. I’d be thrilled if she ever gave ABM the IYA treatment.

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

 

 

Yup. Carmen has been an awful person for decades. I’d be thrilled if she ever gave ABM the IYA treatment.

It's too big of a song....I think it's here to stay.

Edited by ehild

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted

 

 

Yup. Carmen has been an awful person for decades. I’d be thrilled if she ever gave ABM the IYA treatment.

 

It's too big of a song....I think it's here to stay.

 

“I’m Your Angel” was actually a bigger hit here in the states.

  • Like 2
Posted

 

 

 

“I’m Your Angel” was actually a bigger hit here in the states.

 

It always got extremely lack lustre reactions from audiences.. especially in the States, no one really went to hear IYA. Where as ABM is like... just synonymous with Celine Dion and a Celine Dion concert

  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

It always got extremely lack lustre reactions from audiences.. especially in the States, no one really went to hear IYA. Where as ABM is like... just synonymous with Celine Dion and a Celine Dion concert

 

I like both songs, but the fact is on paper IYA was way more successful... charting #1 many weeks here in the USA, one of her most successful singles of all time, even more successful than THE PRAYER( on paper that is).

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

I like both songs, but the fact is on paper IYA was way more successful... charting #1 many weeks here in the USA, one of her most successful singles of all time, even more successful than THE PRAYER( on paper that is).

 

I disagree in this one. My Heart Will Go On, was #1 in the States for like what? 2 weeks only? Yet, it is her most succesfull and known single ever BY FAR.

 

I don't think charts is the only way to measure success. It all depends on the right time. For example, Madonna's "Frozen" is an amazing ballad, and it had great success. However, it charted as #2 in most countries because MHWGO dominated the whole world at that time.

 

All by Myself is a very popular song in all these singing contests (and I mean Celine's version obviously), whereas IYA... I don't remember it at all. So, I'd argue that ABM is more famous and successful in the States than IYA.

Edited by Ukrfan
  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

I disagree in this one. My Heart Will Go On, was #1 in the States for like what? 2 weeks only? Yet, it is her most succesfull and known single ever BY FAR.

 

I don't think charts is the only way to measure success. It all depends on the right time. For example, Madonna's "Frozen" is an amazing ballad, and it had great success. However, it charted as #2 in most countries because MHWGO dominated the whole world at that time.

 

All by Myself is a very popular song in all these singing contests (and I mean Celine's version obviously), whereas IYA... I don't remember it at all. So, I'd argue that ABM is more famous and successful in the States than IYA.

 

ABM gained its steam in live shows... the money notes.

Same thing with “I Surrender” not a hit but well known hit due to live shows and also singing competitions.

 

 

  • Like 2
Posted
I agree with both of you there....it's not necessarily on paper what spent the most time in the charts but what songs ppl think of when they think of Celine. MHWGO was huge here and typically what ppl think of first when they hear the name Celine. Along with: ABM, TLYM, TPOL, BYLM, etc. There are a few key songs like that we'll never see removed from a set list for this very reason.
  • Like 1

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted

 

 

ABM gained its steam in live shows... the money notes.

Same thing with “I Surrender” not a hit but well known hit due to live shows and also singing competitions.

 

I totally agree with you! Chartwise, let’s not forget that ABM was the 3rd single of an already Grammy for Album of The Year huge album that had sold 7-8 million copies at that time. Its predecessors had already been monster hits. Clearly the goal of ABM commercially was not to hit the top but to keep FIY selling well (to a Diamond certification).

  • Like 1
62008933_3302094023149751_3467110073363333120_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fbru2-1.fna&oh=4f58e00ddc52743e263578419950824a&oe=5D5255DE
Posted (edited)

I agree with both of you there....it's not necessarily on paper what spent the most time in the charts but what songs ppl think of when they think of Celine. MHWGO was huge here and typically what ppl think of first when they hear the name Celine. Along with: ABM, TLYM, TPOL, BYLM, etc. There are a few key songs like that we'll never see removed from a set list for this very reason.

 

TLYM is another hit due to the continued push of performing this song in live shows. It shows if she’s willing to sing a non hit it will become A hit.

 

Otherwise, here in the USA TLYM was not a hit success.

 

Other songs she made “hits” due to push are “I’m Alive”, and “LCMM”. Meanwhile songs actually charted higher like ANDHC and IDAN are currently being ignored.

Edited by Nmj
  • Like 1
Posted
Has anyone ever notice that the VIP Packages for the other artist are way better then what Celine is doing ,, Im like why cant celine do some of these VIP Packages ,
  • Like 2
Posted

Has anyone ever notice that the VIP Packages for the other artist are way better then what Celine is doing ,, Im like why cant celine do some of these VIP Packages ,

 

Celine does the bare minimum for the most money. When Covid completely gone, there’s no reason to not do M&G Again.

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

 

 

Celine does the bare minimum for the most money. When Covid completely gone, there’s no reason to not do M&G Again.

I get not charging for M&G's....it's one of the reasons I love her. But I totally agree here...covid needs to die down a bit before she starts up with any meet and greets. I'm also not expecting a ton of high-fives, etc to start with either. I'm sure she's vaccinated but she and a good bit of her team are 50's and up and could be high risk. Not to mention if the virus were to damage her lungs....that'd be awful and possibly career impacting for her. I'm expecting her to be pretty cautious there.

 

Even the the last few Courage shows before everything shut down she stopped doing that so much.

Edited by ehild
  • Like 1

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted

 

I get not charging for M&G's....it's one of the reasons I love her. But I totally agree here...covid needs to die down a bit before she starts up with any meet and greets. I'm also not expecting a ton of high-fives, etc to start with either. I'm sure she's vaccinated but she and a good bit of her team are 50's and up and could be high risk. Not to mention if the virus were to damage her lungs....that'd be awful and possibly career impacting for her. I'm expecting her to be pretty cautious there.

 

Even the the last few Courage shows before everything shut down she stopped doing that so much.

 

We really should be very grateful she didn’t catch it. Those early March shows... I mean, her hotel was just down the block from my apartment and there were lots of people there every night, and she did her usual autograph and selfie rounds, bless her. The virus was spreading around like wildfire and largely unchecked during those first few weeks of March in NYC, so it’s amazing she was OK, considering how many people she was closely interacting with at the time.

  • Like 5
Posted

I get that paying for M&G’s sounds a bit wrong… but it’s also also the only chance many people will get to meet their idol and have an official photo.

 

In recent years you either have to be a celeb, high roller, competition winner, have contacts, or be seriously ill to get a M&G with her, so the idea of paying for a M&G is not a bad idea when you think of it like this.

 

I still doubt she would ever charge for M&G’s but it’s not a bad idea if you are willing to pay for the privilege.

 

So we will still see the same old celebs, and those with contacts still getting this opportunity backstage when she returns unfortunately.

 

 

  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

We really should be very grateful she didn’t catch it. Those early March shows... I mean, her hotel was just down the block from my apartment and there were lots of people there every night, and she did her usual autograph and selfie rounds, bless her. The virus was spreading around like wildfire and largely unchecked during those first few weeks of March in NYC, so it’s amazing she was OK, considering how many people she was closely interacting with at the time.

 

She was shaking hands and posing for photos like crazy during the last few shows and after shows at the hotel in NYC where at the time Covid was becoming a huge problem when it first hit the U.S, then a few days later she was ill, then the tour was postponed a few days later.

 

Just saying…

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...