Jump to content

New Las Vegas residency show!


Recommended Posts

Posted

I decided this morning to check out tickets for the other performers' openings. Katy Perry's tickets are close to what Celine's tickets were on the first day of release (before they got inflated - last I checked the seats next to mine were each going for what I paid for both! Glad I bought when I did.) Carrie and Luke's tickets are only $500-$750 for their opening nights. Katy's are around $1200. Celine's front rows were going for $2600 last I checked and, as of now, there's nothing available in Front Orchestra 4 (center)

 

I saw that as well,, I might try those front Orch tickets later , but not now, I just want to be there Opening Night ,

Posted
Ok guys was just playing around for tickets for Nov 6th AXS Premium and they listed tickets for another artist Ive never heard of before,, I wonder whats up with that
Posted
For those of you who also bought tickets without telling the husband…I bit the bullet and did it this morning. It didn’t go particularly well BUT he’s never the type to get mad at me. He just seethes internally. Also, and this makes it worse, he just spent $2,000 on new camera equipment so he knows he doesn’t have a leg to stand on as far as being upset with me spending money to attend opening night of my favorite diva.
  • Like 4
Posted (edited)

For those of you who also bought tickets without telling the husband…I bit the bullet and did it this morning. It didn't go particularly well BUT he's never the type to get mad at me. He just seethes internally. Also, and this makes it worse, he just spent $2,000 on new camera equipment so he knows he doesn't have a leg to stand on as far as being upset with me spending money to attend opening night of my favorite diva.

Now take that camera to Vegas for the best Celine pics ever! :P Edited by Xpresso
  • Like 2
Posted

Now take that camera to Vegas for the best Celine pics ever! :P

 

HA! Oh my God, I would NEVER be allowed to touch that camera! :giggle:

  • Like 2
Posted

 

 

I saw that as well,, I might try those front Orch tickets later , but not now, I just want to be there Opening Night ,

Same! I got rear orch for opening night and I'm sitting with another friend in front orch Saturday night. Long term I'm saving to go back and spring for front row with my daughter. She specifically said she wanted to sit front row next time she goes Can't say I blame her...

 

For those of you who also bought tickets without telling the husband…I bit the bullet and did it this morning. It didn’t go particularly well BUT he’s never the type to get mad at me. He just seethes internally. Also, and this makes it worse, he just spent $2,000 on new camera equipment so he knows he doesn’t have a leg to stand on as far as being upset with me spending money to attend opening night of my favorite diva.

Mine is also looking into a new work camera LOL. I had to spring different things in stages for him. But he pretty much expects it at this point with Celine hahaha

  • Like 1

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted

the things we fans do for celine ,

 

BTW where is everyone staying , we should have a meet up with those that are going

Posted

This is brilliantly thought out

 

My creative and realistic setlist.

 

Starts with the background vocals humming At Seventeen.

I surrender.

That's The Way It Is

Talk

A New Day Has Come/ I'm Alive.

Where Does My Heart Beat Now.

 

Interlude leading to I drove All Night.

 

I drove all night.

Declaration Of Love.

Talk.

Falling Into You.

Its All Coming Back To Me.

Courage.

 

Interlude.

Imperfections.

Talk about "over the years, I got the opportunity of singing many soundtrack.this is song is more than 30 years old, and bla bla"

Beauty and the beast.

How does A Moment Lasts Forever.

Talk.

Seduces Me.

The Power Of Love.

Ashes.

 

Interlude.

To Love You More.

Think Twice.

Talk.

 

Medley of The Bees Gees for a beautiful tribute including the last song of the medley being Immortality.

 

Interlude.

(Courage And Falling Into You medley)

Flying On My Own/ Your Light/ Nobody's Watching/ Make You Happy/ River Deep Mountains High.

 

Quick Dress change to a beautiful straight gown of red colour.

I love you/ Dreamin' Of You/ Because You Loved Me.( With a kiss cam, ah it will be hell romantic)

 

Interlude

Encore Un Soir.

On Ne Changes Pas.

Pour Que Tu Maimes Encore.

Perfect Goodbye

 

Interlude.

My Heart Will Go On( with Titanic footage)

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3003/newconcertdvddesign3.jpg

Credit goes to Timster for the great pic!

 

Celine Dion - Let's Talk About Love World Tour - Boston, Massachusetts - August 22, 1998

my very first concert...

Celine Dion - Taking Chances World Tour - Boston, Massachusetts - August 13, 2008

front row at the end of the catwalk...

 

http://twitter-badges.s3.amazonaws.com/follow_me-a.png

 

http://twitter-badges.s3.amazonaws.com/follow_us-c.png

Posted

My creative and realistic setlist.

 

Starts with the background vocals humming At Seventeen.

I surrender.

That's The Way It Is

Talk

A New Day Has Come/ I'm Alive.

Where Does My Heart Beat Now.

 

Interlude leading to I drove All Night.

 

I drove all night.

Declaration Of Love.

Talk.

Falling Into You.

Its All Coming Back To Me.

Courage.

 

Interlude.

Imperfections.

Talk about "over the years, I got the opportunity of singing many soundtrack.this is song is more than 30 years old, and bla bla"

Beauty and the beast.

How does A Moment Lasts Forever.

Talk.

Seduces Me.

The Power Of Love.

Ashes.

 

Interlude.

To Love You More.

Think Twice.

Talk.

 

Medley of The Bees Gees for a beautiful tribute including the last song of the medley being Immortality.

 

Interlude.

(Courage And Falling Into You medley)

Flying On My Own/ Your Light/ Nobody's Watching/ Make You Happy/ River Deep Mountains High.

 

Quick Dress change to a beautiful straight gown of red colour.

I love you/ Dreamin' Of You/ Because You Loved Me.( With a kiss cam, ah it will be hell romantic)

 

Interlude

Encore Un Soir.

On Ne Changes Pas.

Pour Que Tu Maimes Encore.

Perfect Goodbye

 

Interlude.

My Heart Will Go On( with Titanic footage)

 

It could work but, guys.. she will NEVER sing more than one French song in Vegas, let's be serious 😋

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

 

 

It could work but, guys.. she will NEVER sing more than one French song in Vegas, let's be serious 😋

We also said that about any English set list but CWT has 2 French songs....granted one is pretty well known and part of a medley, it's still a first (in a long while) lol. That said, I don't think we'd get more than that in Vegas. I do agree there. But she might surprise us. At least to start with before she starts cutting songs lol.

Edited by ehild
  • Like 2

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted (edited)

I’m curious... does Resorts World hold any creative power over Celine’s new show?

 

Like... if a higher up reviews the concept for the show and sees that Celine and her team just put together an hour long slideshow of her & her kids, does anyone have the authority to say “no” and force her team to take the show in a different direction? Does the concept have to get approved?

 

I’m not sure how all of that works when there’s so much at stake / money involved. The last thing RW would want is for their kickoff residency to get bad reviews.

 

Edited by smw
  • Like 1
Posted

I'm curious... does Resorts World hold any creative power over Celine's new show?

 

Like... if a higher up reviews the concept for the show and sees that Celine and her team just put together an hour long slideshow of her & her kids, does anyone have the authority to say "no" and force her team to take the show in a different direction? Does the concept have to get approved?

 

I'm not sure how all of that works when there's so much at stake / money involved. The last thing RW would want is for their kickoff residency to get bad reviews.

 

I have no actual knowledge of how things work there. The only thing I can say that relates is, while I was getting my graduate degree at The Actors Studio, George Clooney was one of the guest/interviewees. One of my fellow students asked, "Would you ever want to do Broadway?" His answer was, "I would love to...at some point later down the line. But right now, I essentially have the key to the kingdom of Hollywood and they just let me do whatever I want. That's not going to last. At some point, they'll take that key and give it to someone else but until then, I'll keep making films." I have a feeling Celine is at that level - especially in Vegas - she can do whatever she wants to do. She could have a cow come on stage and take a poop in the middle of a song and the execs at Resorts World would be, like, "Oh, Celine is so amazing. This cow comes out during All By Myself and when she hits the big note, it defecates on the stage. It's art, I'm telling you. She's a f****** genius."

 

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

  • Like 3
Posted

I’m curious... does Resorts World hold any creative power over Celine’s new show?

 

Like... if a higher up reviews the concept for the show and sees that Celine and her team just put together an hour long slideshow of her & her kids, does anyone have the authority to say “no” and force her team to take the show in a different direction? Does the concept have to get approved?

 

I’m not sure how all of that works when there’s so much at stake / money involved. The last thing RW would want is for their kickoff residency to get bad reviews.

I'm not quite sure if they'd have full autonomy to do that with the entertainers....but they have also been referred to as "partners" so I wonder if they possibly have stipulations or requests for the shows?? I guess we'll find out....

  • Like 1

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted

I’m curious... does Resorts World hold any creative power over Celine’s new show?

 

Like... if a higher up reviews the concept for the show and sees that Celine and her team just put together an hour long slideshow of her & her kids, does anyone have the authority to say “no” and force her team to take the show in a different direction? Does the concept have to get approved?

 

I’m not sure how all of that works when there’s so much at stake / money involved. The last thing RW would want is for their kickoff residency to get bad reviews.

 

I have no knowledge of it either but if I was the one investing millions of dollars in a residency, I would've want to make sure that the artist stick to their big hits in order to keep the public every week! I'm pretty sure they have some power over it.

 

But this time is different then before. There's a lot of competition in Vegas now and a lot of artists interested in a residency. That protects the resort in some way, cause if an artist doesn't do a good job they can just move on to the next one, and the burden would be all up on the artist, not on the venue. I hope Celine knows she's not coming back to the same Vegas. She's still the Queen, but the stakes are way higher.

  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

I remember Rene in A New Day The Secrets... saying to the man who pays a lot of money for them to build the show.. He was saying "You wanted to have the best show and in order for us to do that we need to come up for an extra millions of dollars by buying a big LED screen..."

 

Do you guy know the name of that man? Is he part of the Caesar's Palace? Because if he is... you know the answer.

Edited by jpatdeleon09
Posted

I remember Rene in A New Day The Secrets... saying to the man who pays a lot of money for them to build the show.. He was saying "You wanted to have the best show and in order for us to do that we need to come up for an extra millions of dollars by buying a big LED screen..."

 

Do you guy know the name of that man? Is he part of the Caesar's Palace? Because if he is... you know the answer.

 

Philip Anschutz, owner of AEG.

  • Like 1
The best is yet to come...
Posted (edited)

Philip Anschutz, owner of AEG.

 

Oh so it's the AEG that handles that... and AEG is now... partner with RW not Ceasar's Palace, right? So, maybe they will not just make it simple since it's a new partnership

Edited by jpatdeleon09
Posted

I'm curious... does Resorts World hold any creative power over Celine's new show?

 

Like... if a higher up reviews the concept for the show and sees that Celine and her team just put together an hour long slideshow of her & her kids, does anyone have the authority to say "no" and force her team to take the show in a different direction? Does the concept have to get approved?

 

I'm not sure how all of that works when there's so much at stake / money involved. The last thing RW would want is for their kickoff residency to get bad reviews.

 

I have the same question. For what it's worth, A New Day was a show that was a big risk and I wouldn't have immediately thought it was a guarantee that fans would like it. Celine short hair, some clowns on stage, her being suspended through the air, her singing Stevie Wonder "I Wish" and singing a random Italian song? Opening the show with "Nature Boy" and not singing ABM or BATB or IYA in the whole show?

 

Judging off that, I think they got a good deal of freedom.

  • Like 3
Posted (edited)

I don't know if RW does have a say but I do: Céline, we don't want an hour long slideshow of your kids. Five minutes maximum! :thumbsup2:

Because if I want to see a family movie, I'll go see... a movie!

Edited by Xpresso
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

I don't know if RW does have a say but I do: Céline, we don't want an hour long slideshow of your kids. Five minutes maximum! :thumbsup2:

Because if I want to see a family movie, I'll go see... a movie!

 

Wait. You didn't know she filmed a movie with her kids on the farm and in the woods last year. LOL

Edited by comingback
  • Like 1
Posted

I don't know if RW does have a say but I do: Céline, we don't want an hour long slideshow of your kids. Five minutes maximum! :thumbsup2:

Because if I want to see a family movie, I'll go see... a movie!

 

I'm honestly hoping for no slideshow of her kids.

There can be some cute photos of them in the program.

Onstage, I'd prefer it to be all about amazing visuals and some spectacle.

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

I have the same question. For what it's worth, A New Day was a show that was a big risk and I wouldn't have immediately thought it was a guarantee that fans would like it. Celine short hair, some clowns on stage, her being suspended through the air, her singing Stevie Wonder "I Wish" and singing a random Italian song? Opening the show with "Nature Boy" and not singing ABM or BATB or IYA in the whole show?

 

Judging off that, I think they got a good deal of freedom.

 

True... but they also had Franco Dragone as the director calling the shots, and he had proven himself with Cirque du Soleil.

If he wasn't there as the director -- to give the overall production clout -- I don't think the people with the power / money or the fans would have given Celine a free pass on those choices.

 

Also, for "Celine" they had Ken Ehrlich as the director.

I wonder if this new show will have a director?

Who was the director / technical director for the Courage world tour? / The Taking Chances world tour?

Edited by smw
Posted

True... but they also had Franco Dragone as the director calling the shots, and he had proven himself with Cirque du Soleil.

If he wasn't there as the director -- to give the overall production clout -- I don't think the people with the power / money or the fans would have given Celine a free pass on those choices.

 

Also, for "Celine" they had Ken Ehrlich as the director.

I wonder if this new show will have a director?

Who was the director / technical director for the Courage world tour? / The Taking Chances world tour?

 

For the TCWT the director was Jamie King, for CWT I don’t know (if there was one). I also hope that the new Vegas show will have a director.

  • Like 1
The best is yet to come...
Posted

True... but they also had Franco Dragone as the director calling the shots, and he had proven himself with Cirque du Soleil.

If he wasn't there as the director -- to give the overall production clout -- I don't think the people with the power / money or the fans would have given Celine a free pass on those choices.

 

Also, for "Celine" they had Ken Ehrlich as the director.

I wonder if this new show will have a director?

Who was the director / technical director for the Courage world tour? / The Taking Chances world tour?

 

Yes, but Franco wasn't choosing the songs. I highly doubt he picked Celine's setlist.

Posted (edited)

Yes, but Franco wasn't choosing the songs. I highly doubt he picked Celine's setlist.

 

I'd be curious about that! My assumption has always been that he definitely had input for the setlist since he was the director for the show and was in charge of its success / overall concept.

Edited by smw
Posted

 

 

I'd be curious about that! My assumption has always been that he definitely had input for the setlist since he was the director for the show and was in charge of its success / overall concept.

I thought this as well. He might not have picked ALL of the songs but I think he definitely think he picked quite a few visuals, etc.

  • Like 1

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted

I'd be curious about that! My assumption has always been that he definitely had input for the setlist since he was the director for the show and was in charge of its success / overall concept.

 

Either way, I think Caesar's went forward with the show despite a very non-traditional setlist. I would expect RW to do the same. After all, the list of must-do songs in her repetoire is kind of small.

Posted

I don’t have any specific insight into Céline’s show, but I think the answer is that it’s usually a combination of all of the above - each party has a significant investment in the success of the show and their own vested interests and thoughts.

 

The overall concept would have to be agreed to by all parties in advance, and there would be many check-ins and input sessions throughout its development and evolution to ensure general alignment and no unwanted surprises.

 

The power dynamics regarding who has right of final approval or veto power over any specific elements may vary a little by contract and personality, but if those considerations are coming into play, something has already gone very wrong with the process.

 

It’s a necessarily collaborative and iterative process that incorporates both creative and business considerations. Unfortunately that makes it less likely that they’ll take any huge creative swings - too much money at stake!

Posted
Re: the odd set list for A New Day… - the song additions may have been odd for a Céline show, but they made sense for Vegas. They upped the old-school crooner/rat pack/showmanship element for the general audience they wanted to attract. Combined with the Dragone/Cirque show elements they made it more of an overall experience for people who may not have been specifically Céline fans but were looking for a big Vegas show to see on their trip. Which, ironically, is why A New Day… is my least favorite Céline show ever!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...