Jump to content

New Las Vegas residency show!


Recommended Posts

Posted

This whole complex is HUGE!! They're testing the screens for Zouk and Ayu in the strip but the guy pans around a bit and you can see how massive the hotel itself is. Gives me hope this theater will be pretty bad #ss. They're clearly pulling out all the stops. Even widening Las Vegas Blvd in anticipation of the traffic.

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted

This whole complex is HUGE!! They're testing the screens for Zouk and Ayu in the strip but the guy pans around a bit and you can see how massive the hotel itself is. Gives me hope this theater will be pretty bad #ss. They're clearly pulling out all the stops. Even widening Las Vegas Blvd in anticipation of the traffic.

https://youtu.be/v4t5xUz5jiA

I hope so also but it's just in such a desolate part of the strip, if you could call it the strip. I'm planning on going but I won't stay there.
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Posted

You know I was just thinking ,, I wonder why they didnt do this for her new Residency ,

 

Posted

I also found some cool drone footage that shows more of the property layout beyond the strip. To the left hand side of the screen, past the pool deck, you can see the theater.

  • Like 1

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted

I hope so also but it's just in such a desolate part of the strip, if you could call it the strip. I'm planning on going but I won't stay there.

Yeah I get that. But hopefully it revitalizes that part of the strip. Many businesses nearby are excited for the influx of people, which I have to imagine, long-term, will give them revenue to make improvements. And the president has mentioned future expansion.

 

And to build something this size, of this magnitude, it's the only area that could accommodate that much space. Once it's all said and done...it's not too far down the road from Treasure Island, which is where I used to think of the strip ending. Throw some restaurants or something in between the two and it should just extend the strip. But for now at least, you're right...it's way in BFE on the strip hahaha.

  • Like 1

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted
Someone should wake up her social media team. They are already horrible are their jobs, the least they could do would be to give quantity because they don’t give quality. Now they seem to go weeks without posting and then we’ll probably get a quiz or one of those Microsoft word made quote from a song pictures. :smh:
  • Like 1
Posted
I don’t know. I couldn’t care less about social media posts. Celine and I are practically the same age. (She’s a little older.) Maybe it’s our generation that doesn’t see the need to incessantly post on social media. Sure, you could say, “But she’s in the public spotlight.” Or “She doesn’t have to do it. Her team can.” Her team is probably as old as she is, if not older, and she sells concert tickets and makes the big bucks without using social media so why bother? Some people find social media a chore and a bore.
  • Like 6
Posted

 

 

Here is a little more of whats to Look forward to inside

Posted

 

 

Here is a little more of whats to Look forward to inside

 

The theatre itself looks so lifeless, grey, dark and I don’t like the carpet either. Little bit outdated..

 

 

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted

 

 

The theatre itself looks so lifeless, grey, dark and I don’t like the carpet either. Little bit outdated..

 

 

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

That video still only showcases the designer mock-ups/renderings. I'm waiting to see actual pictures and video once it's done. Sometimes what we see in the initial renderings versus what it looks like in person can be two different things. I'm not expecting huge differences but still waiting for official pics. If we don't get any prior to opening night, I guess we'll see then LOL.

 

At the end of the day, it's a theater. There's only so-much design wise they can do there. For most shows, when the lights go down, the last thing you notice is the color of the walls LOL.

 

A video I saw from earlier on in it's construction (somewhere in this thread...) said it has platforms like you'd see in a Cirque theater so I'm curious about that and how/if any of the artists might use those. Now I'm not expecting Celine to be flying around or anything. But if Pepe makes any kind of return, and with his connections in Vegas, I'm wondering if we'll see dancers in this show, etc. Just speculation on my part but it's a thought...

 

I am going opening night/weekend so I'll definitely try to get pics and videos where I can (without getting kicked out lol). Caesars was pretty lax on that at a certain point but whose to say how RW will be.

  • Like 1

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted

Nothing that affects the theater or main building (apparently it was a storage area in the parking lot), but this isn't a great start for Resorts World... :D

 

I still think it's the ugliest property in Las Vegas. So tacky (and that's saying something in Vegas!).

 

https://www.8newsnow.com/news/local-news/crews-on-scene-of-fire-near-resorts-world/

It looked like, from what I could tell, it was a pretty small fire (lots of smoke though) in part of the parking garage that's still under construction that they're storing construction vehicles, etc at. I think it was a piece of equipment and they put it out pretty quickly with no damage or injuries. 🙌

 

Could you imagine though, if it had been worse, the week of opening!!

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted

I get they were going for an Asian theme (which makes sense given the parent company is out of Japan) and that's probably why they chose the red color, but I feel like it's A LOT of red lol. Maybe it's different once you see it in person, and it looks like they are mixing in other color schemes and designs, but I wonder if there would have been a better color for the main building itself??

 

  • Like 1

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted
I just finished watching this Video , before you posted it
  • Like 1
Posted
I was just playing around for tickets (which I all ready Have opening night and 2nd night ) and just noticed that there are Resale tickets for the 2nd night (10 in all ) For FORCH 5 , but you still have to buy two of them,. Now if you go to any other show in Feb you can buy 1 ticket for $500 close to the front ,
Posted

I was just playing around for tickets (which I all ready Have opening night and 2nd night ) and just noticed that there are Resale tickets for the 2nd night (10 in all ) For FORCH 5 , but you still have to buy two of them,. Now if you go to any other show in Feb you can buy 1 ticket for $500 close to the front ,

I definitely plan on going back after the excitement wears down a bit with my daughter. For that I'm saving up to splurge on front row tickets. Those typically pop up for general price, not VIP price, closer to the show dates if they don't sell.

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted
Am wondering if there will be a covid vaccine requirement to enter to the theater, cuz many places are asking for that plus what vaccine will be accepted cuz not everyone in the world has the lucky to have Pfizer or moderna.
post-14747-1276778570_thumb.jpg
Posted

Am wondering if there will be a covid vaccine requirement to enter to the theater, cuz many places are asking for that plus what vaccine will be accepted cuz not everyone in the world has the lucky to have Pfizer or moderna.

I'd think a vaccine in general is all they'd be looking for. To my knowledge I think there are only 3 options out right now. If they require it, as long as you have a vaccine card I'd think that would suffice.

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted (edited)

I definitely plan on going back after the excitement wears down a bit with my daughter. For that I'm saving up to splurge on front row tickets. Those typically pop up for general price, not VIP price, closer to the show dates if they don't sell.

 

Good luck. I saw front row for the dates I wanted to go and grabbed them up. But they were EXPENSIVE! But it will be SO worth it!

Edited by remykyes
  • Like 1

New Signature Coming Soon!

Posted (edited)

 

 

Good luck. I saw front row for the dates I wanted to go and grabbed them up. But they were EXPENSIVE! But it will be SO worth it!

Thanks!! That's soooo exciting you got some!! It's really hard right now.

 

Right now they're VIP, which is always $$$. If you're patient and watch the site I've seen them for only $500 before. I've known several get them outside of a VIP package...but it's definitely not during a high demand time (like opening night lol). I'm hopeful if I go back, in a year maybe, that it'll work out better.

Edited by ehild
  • Like 1

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted

Thanks!! That's soooo exciting you got some!! It's really hard right now.

 

Right now they're VIP, which is always $$$. If you're patient and watch the site I've seen them for only $500 before. I've known several get them outside of a VIP package...but it's definitely not during a high demand time (like opening night lol). I'm hopeful if I go back, in a year maybe, that it'll work out better.

 

Well, they're not even VIP. It's AXS Premium. So we don't even get any swag. Just a really expensive front row ticket. :giggle:

New Signature Coming Soon!

Posted
Does anyone remember what tickets cost for A New Day…? I seem to remember the top tickets costing around $250, but I never went so I can’t say for certain. When did tickets start escalating in price?
Posted (edited)

Does anyone remember what tickets cost for A New Day…? I seem to remember the top tickets costing around $250, but I never went so I can’t say for certain. When did tickets start escalating in price?

 

There has been massive inflation after what have been essentially two financial crisis’ as well as just time adjusted inflation over the past 18 years. For example, with annual climbing inflation $250 back then is now equal to $365-$375 (depending on which source you use to calculate the inflation). But of course, raw number inflation does not actually work in terms of calculating inflation of the value of goods. In general, everything has become more expensive to do; from lighting to sound to production... so of course, ticket hikes must follow

Edited by AdrienneM
  • Like 1
Posted

Does anyone remember what tickets cost for A New Day…? I seem to remember the top tickets costing around $250, but I never went so I can't say for certain. When did tickets start escalating in price?

 

I went to A New Day... 3 weeks into its run and sat in the third row for $250. But back then, the industry expected the show to bomb so they were practically giving tickets away. I wonder what people were paying for the last year of the show. Still...$500 tickets for a normal show (not opening night) for her third residency is actually much more reasonable than I thought it would be. I thought for sure front orchestra would go for $750.

  • Like 1
Posted
Don't be surprise if the ticket of A New Day is way expensive than the 2nd residency show (Celine 2011-2019). It's a big prod. But it looks like it was cheaper than the simple shows.
Posted (edited)

Don't forget that A New Day started 18 years ago! How much have houses or rentals increased since... It's normal that shows would increase by a lot too.

After this pandemic, inflation will go up up up, and it already has. So be ready for more expensive concert tickets, meals, flights, etc. And That's The Way It Is! :giggle:

Edited by Xpresso
Posted

 

 

Well, they're not even VIP. It's AXS Premium. So we don't even get any swag. Just a really expensive front row ticket. :giggle:

Yikes!! Yeah I'd rather pay VIP than the "premium" price...at least you get something for it lol. I feel like that's their legal way of scalping....it's technically not general admission so they can sell it for whatever they want. I've noticed over the years it's always just random seats in different sections.

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...