PuraVida Posted June 8, 2021 at 05:40 AM Posted June 8, 2021 at 05:40 AM I think she looks good in this hairstyle. I don’t know maybe it just fits the concept of their shoot? It’s just fashionable for me https://youtu.be/e-A1_3o8X4k 1995 making a comeback. I really adored that magazine photo shoot. I think she would really, *really* be a trendsetter if she rocked that hairstyle....especially in different colours. 2 Quote
Celinelife Posted June 8, 2021 at 05:56 AM Posted June 8, 2021 at 05:56 AM My friends loved her bob style from Courage. They said it made her look more royal and elegant. That is true. But Idk why i hate her red dress from CWT. It was beautiful with the high neck type. Why did they changed it? 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted June 8, 2021 at 06:05 AM Posted June 8, 2021 at 06:05 AM My friends loved her bob style from Courage. They said it made her look more royal and elegant. That is true. But Idk why i hate her red dress from CWT. It was beautiful with the high neck type. Why did they changed it? Me too! I hate her current red dress. I prefer the earlier red dress with the high neck type 1 Quote
ordinary fan Posted June 8, 2021 at 06:20 AM Posted June 8, 2021 at 06:20 AM My friends loved her bob style from Courage. They said it made her look more royal and elegant. That is true. But Idk why i hate her red dress from CWT. It was beautiful with the high neck type. Why did they changed it?I think it's more comfortable to wear, like the pants of the seconde outfit, they are now cut a little wider Quote
ehild Posted June 8, 2021 at 01:24 PM Posted June 8, 2021 at 01:24 PM My friends loved her bob style from Courage. They said it made her look more royal and elegant. That is true. But Idk why i hate her red dress from CWT. It was beautiful with the high neck type. Why did they changed it? Me too! I hate her current red dress. I prefer the earlier red dress with the high neck type I think the high neck was causing issues while singing & it just wasn't comfortable for her. I much prefer that dress too, stylistically, but if it was creating issues for her, I don't completely hate the current red dress lol. I think it's more comfortable to wear, like the pants of the seconde outfit, they are now cut a little widerI hadn't realized this about the pants! Maybe they, too, we're also causing breathing issues for her.... Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
Celinelife Posted June 8, 2021 at 02:17 PM Posted June 8, 2021 at 02:17 PM You know what they say, fashion can't beat comfort. 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted June 8, 2021 at 07:05 PM Posted June 8, 2021 at 07:05 PM You know what they say, fashion can't beat comfort. Celine believes the opposite! Quote
nuts2you Posted June 8, 2021 at 08:00 PM Posted June 8, 2021 at 08:00 PM To the one that will be there Opening night , how long is everyone staying ,, any suggestions if you all want to meet up before hand , Quote
smw Posted June 9, 2021 at 12:22 AM Posted June 9, 2021 at 12:22 AM (edited) I know Celine is only in competition with herself... but I wonder if she feels a little bit of excitement / pressure / competition knowing that Katy Perry (and Carrie Underwood) are also preparing for the launch of their residencies at Resorts World. I wonder if all of the other residencies popping up in Vegas intimidate Celine or inspire her or if she simply doesn't care and only focuses on herself / her show. Katy and Carrie have a lot more to prove than Celine, so I'm sure their shows will be pretty involved. Especially Katy's... she seems to love spectacle. I can only imagine Celine's at least a little curious to know how big those shows will be, and it might light a little fire under her to put on the best show possible... with some well-thought-out surprises & visuals vs keeping it too simple. Even though I personally love elegance and simplicity, I just don't want her new show to be called "boring" or "dull". Granted, Celine couldn't be boring or dull if she tried. I am hoping for some great utilization of this spectacular new theatre! Edited June 9, 2021 at 12:23 AM by smw 1 Quote
nuts2you Posted June 9, 2021 at 07:17 PM Posted June 9, 2021 at 07:17 PM I know Celine is only in competition with herself... but I wonder if she feels a little bit of excitement / pressure / competition knowing that Katy Perry (and Carrie Underwood) are also preparing for the launch of their residencies at Resorts World. I wonder if all of the other residencies popping up in Vegas intimidate Celine or inspire her or if she simply doesn't care and only focuses on herself / her show. Katy and Carrie have a lot more to prove than Celine, so I'm sure their shows will be pretty involved. Especially Katy's... she seems to love spectacle. I can only imagine Celine's at least a little curious to know how big those shows will be, and it might light a little fire under her to put on the best show possible... with some well-thought-out surprises & visuals vs keeping it too simple. Even though I personally love elegance and simplicity, I just don't want her new show to be called "boring" or "dull". Granted, Celine couldn't be boring or dull if she tried. I am hoping for some great utilization of this spectacular new theatre! Now I wonder if any of those artist will come and see her show,, we all know that celine and her team like to go see other artist as well , to get some Idea's Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted June 9, 2021 at 07:58 PM Posted June 9, 2021 at 07:58 PM I wonder who will be the first one to have a show in RW… Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted June 9, 2021 at 08:30 PM Posted June 9, 2021 at 08:30 PM I wonder who will be the first one to have a show in RW… Celine is opening the venue on November 5th. 2 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
jpatdeleon09 Posted June 9, 2021 at 08:45 PM Posted June 9, 2021 at 08:45 PM Celine is opening the venue on November 5th. Oh so she will be the first one to do the show at RW Quote
Xpresso Posted June 9, 2021 at 09:56 PM Posted June 9, 2021 at 09:56 PM (edited) Oh so she will be the first one to do the show at RWWhere have you been... you've posted about RW for the last few weeks! Edited June 9, 2021 at 09:57 PM by Xpresso 1 Quote
nuts2you Posted June 9, 2021 at 10:30 PM Posted June 9, 2021 at 10:30 PM Here is the latest Video of how things are going/Coming along Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted June 10, 2021 at 04:39 AM Posted June 10, 2021 at 04:39 AM (edited) Where have you been... you've posted about RW for the last few weeks! I did? Why don’t i remember it… did i smack my head on a pavement? lol Edited June 10, 2021 at 04:40 AM by jpatdeleon09 1 Quote
Celinelife Posted June 10, 2021 at 08:23 AM Posted June 10, 2021 at 08:23 AM https://youtu.be/vwqplc2m-3M Hope she sings it again. Quote
Xpresso Posted June 10, 2021 at 02:25 PM Posted June 10, 2021 at 02:25 PM (edited) Hope she sings it again. No thanks. That belongs to the previous show and that's where it should stay. Time for new material! Edited June 10, 2021 at 02:26 PM by Xpresso 6 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted June 10, 2021 at 03:15 PM Posted June 10, 2021 at 03:15 PM No thanks. That belongs to the previous show and that's where it should stay. Time for new material! Agree! Especially because was a lipped song. Celine seems to over the lipping since Rene has passed which is why I think we keep getting all these covers of male singers - their high register is her low register so they're easy for her to sing. 4 Quote
scielle Posted June 10, 2021 at 03:22 PM Posted June 10, 2021 at 03:22 PM Agree! Especially because was a lipped song. Celine seems to over the lipping since Rene has passed which is why I think we keep getting all these covers of male singers - their high register is her low register so they're easy for her to sing. I think Rene really wanted everything to sound like it does on the record. If she’s moving away from that - great! I’m all for things sounding different than they did on record (hence the love of jazz), and I hope she does more improvising in the future. Things seem to be trending in that direction and she’s great at it so 🤞 3 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted June 10, 2021 at 03:57 PM Posted June 10, 2021 at 03:57 PM I think Rene really wanted everything to sound like it does on the record. If she's moving away from that - great! I'm all for things sounding different than they did on record (hence the love of jazz), and I hope she does more improvising in the future. Things seem to be trending in that direction and she's great at it so I'm hoping for the same. I think that's why I loved CWT so much - so little of it was lipped. It meant she sang a lot of cover songs because she can't recreate the types of songs she sings on her albums live - Lying Down...she just had so many problems hitting those notes night after night. And Flying On My Own proved impossible. I also hope that, in the future, she records simpler songs that she can move to the stage. Unfortunately, she's known for singing difficult material so I don't know how much that will really change... 1 Quote
AdrienneM Posted June 10, 2021 at 05:18 PM Posted June 10, 2021 at 05:18 PM I'm hoping for the same. I think that's why I loved CWT so much - so little of it was lipped. It meant she sang a lot of cover songs because she can't recreate the types of songs she sings on her albums live - Lying Down...she just had so many problems hitting those notes night after night. And Flying On My Own proved impossible. I also hope that, in the future, she records simpler songs that she can move to the stage. Unfortunately, she's known for singing difficult material so I don't know how much that will really change... I mean, in the case of Flying On My Own the only two times she actually attempted to sing it live she was crippled with a throat virus, so it doesn’t surprise me. Where as, granted, with the lipped elements, she was able to sing all of the verses and the little high notes in there in the original key, which she wasn’t able to do in Ottawa when she was ill. Lying Down in all fairness really improved and became far more consistent by the time she got into November, but she ended up dropping it after she performed Imperfections at Macy’s and it really started to pick up steam with the music video and streaming... and ofc Imperfections is barely speak singing for her. 2 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted June 10, 2021 at 05:56 PM Posted June 10, 2021 at 05:56 PM I mean, in the case of Flying On My Own the only two times she actually attempted to sing it live she was crippled with a throat virus, so it doesn't surprise me. Where as, granted, with the lipped elements, she was able to sing all of the verses and the little high notes in there in the original key, which she wasn't able to do in Ottawa when she was ill. Lying Down in all fairness really improved and became far more consistent by the time she got into November, but she ended up dropping it after she performed Imperfections at Macy's and it really started to pick up steam with the music video and streaming... and ofc Imperfections is barely speak singing for her. Flying On My Own also didn't work in the medley on opening night but she was obviously starting to get sick already. And, yes, Imperfections is a song she could sing while doing her nails it's so easy for her. Quote
ehild Posted June 10, 2021 at 06:57 PM Posted June 10, 2021 at 06:57 PM (edited) Flying On My Own also didn't work in the medley on opening night but she was obviously starting to get sick already. And, yes, Imperfections is a song she could sing while doing her nails it's so easy for her. I think if it had been anywhere else in the setlist, FOMO would have worked much better. It just didn't mesh well being in a medley. This is also why I'm excited to go to the opening before she cuts stuff LOL Edited June 10, 2021 at 06:58 PM by ehild 3 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
Popular Post scielle Posted June 11, 2021 at 01:54 AM Popular Post Posted June 11, 2021 at 01:54 AM OK Oprah, now give us a thing. Something. Anything. A doc, a show, a 5-min interview. Well take anything at this point 🙏 Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 8 Quote
Nmj Posted June 11, 2021 at 03:09 AM Posted June 11, 2021 at 03:09 AM OK Oprah, now give us a thing. Something. Anything. A doc, a show, a 5-min interview. Well take anything at this point 🙏 Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet I wonder what their current relationship is...She hasn’t had any appearances with Oprah since like 2011 with “three boys and a new show.” I’m very surprised that Celine didn’t do a sit down with Oprah after the death of Rene. Instead she seems to keep going to GMA and Deborah Roberts in particular. Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted June 11, 2021 at 07:14 AM Posted June 11, 2021 at 07:14 AM I’m very surprised that Celine didn’t do a sit down with Oprah after the death of Rene. Instead she seems to keep going to GMA and Deborah Roberts in particular. Yup. In fact, I remember expecting her first English interview without René to be with Oprah and the French one with Julie Snyder. Imagine my surprise lol 1 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
nuts2you Posted June 11, 2021 at 09:57 PM Posted June 11, 2021 at 09:57 PM I could see her doing a show something like this one, Quote
nuts2you Posted June 11, 2021 at 10:03 PM Posted June 11, 2021 at 10:03 PM What kind of Program you think she /her team will give us , and what do you think she will have in the Boutique and what do you expect they will have ,, Will it be something like CP or do you think they will be sharing it with others . Quote
ehild Posted June 12, 2021 at 01:14 PM Posted June 12, 2021 at 01:14 PM What kind of Program you think she /her team will give us , and what do you think she will have in the Boutique and what do you expect they will have ,, Will it be something like CP or do you think they will be sharing it with others .I'm sure it'll be the standard program with updated photos. It's clear with the new photo they did some kinda photo shoot. It'd be cool if they included any behind the scenes from the promo video RW released. As far as a boutique: I'm undecided if they'll have something like CP did and just have different sections for each of the headliners (which would be cool if you're a fan a few of them, you could get merch at one time lol). Or if it'll be more of a traditional concert type set up, where they have merch on display behind designated counters/behind the bar and they swap out what's there pending whose performing. That said, if they have a display set up for each artist (I.E. Céline's dress we see in that one video....there's probably a section dedicated to each artist) It's hard to imagine not spending the money on a store. Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.