nuts2you Posted July 1, 2021 at 08:57 PM Posted July 1, 2021 at 08:57 PM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aoXtaPYUFo So cant wait to get there in Nov ,, BTW ;; I wonder if they will have a program just like they did with 'CELINE 2011' Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted July 1, 2021 at 08:58 PM Posted July 1, 2021 at 08:58 PM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wib02NL4cDU So, according to the video, there are no discussions currently happening about changing or restricting the number of people at the scheduled concerts. Celine's will probably go forward - at least in the U.S. Quote
Popular Post ehild Posted July 2, 2021 at 12:46 AM Popular Post Posted July 2, 2021 at 12:46 AM Vital Vegas just posted this pic of the theater....work in progress.https://www.facebook.com/125404600943588/posts/1949012108582819/ 9 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
Nmj Posted July 2, 2021 at 03:38 AM Posted July 2, 2021 at 03:38 AM Vital Vegas just posted this pic of the theater....work in progress.https://www.facebook.com/125404600943588/posts/1949012108582819/ I know that Vegas is known for fast tracked construction… However, based off of that picture… It’s hard to believe they will have a premiere in the theater for Celine in just three months time. It goes to show how fast they are capable of finishing a project. Quote
remykyes Posted July 2, 2021 at 09:41 AM Posted July 2, 2021 at 09:41 AM I know that Vegas is known for fast tracked construction… However, based off of that picture… It’s hard to believe they will have a premiere in the theater for Celine in just three months time. It goes to show how fast they are capable of finishing a project. Don’t forget that Celine and company are going to need in there for rehearsals so technically it needs done and the “keys” handed over no later than mid-October. End of September would probably be preferable. So let’s say 2 to 2 1/2 months to get it done and show ready. If any place can get it done in that amount of time, Vegas can. 1 Quote New Signature Coming Soon!
ehild Posted July 2, 2021 at 01:17 PM Posted July 2, 2021 at 01:17 PM (edited) I know that Vegas is known for fast tracked construction… However, based off of that picture… It’s hard to believe they will have a premiere in the theater for Celine in just three months time. It goes to show how fast they are capable of finishing a project. Don’t forget that Celine and company are going to need in there for rehearsals so technically it needs done and the “keys” handed over no later than mid-October. End of September would probably be preferable. So let’s say 2 to 2 1/2 months to get it done and show ready. If any place can get it done in that amount of time, Vegas can.We also don't know how old/recent the pic is. Just because they posted it yesterday doesn't necessarily mean they took the pic yesterday. It could be farther along now but they were finally given permission to post that. Edit: I asked how recent the pic is. We'll see if they answer lol. Edited July 2, 2021 at 01:20 PM by ehild 1 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
rfkavanagh Posted July 3, 2021 at 06:46 PM Posted July 3, 2021 at 06:46 PM https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-07-02/nevada-leads-nation-in-covid-cases-as-300-000-descend-on-vegas Quote
scielle Posted July 3, 2021 at 06:56 PM Posted July 3, 2021 at 06:56 PM https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-07-02/nevada-leads-nation-in-covid-cases-as-300-000-descend-on-vegas Not surprised. Vegas opened up and went maskless far too early despite low vaccination rates. 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted July 3, 2021 at 07:24 PM Posted July 3, 2021 at 07:24 PM Even if you are fully vaccinated you should still wear masks because you can still get COVID-19. Quote
nuts2you Posted July 3, 2021 at 07:28 PM Posted July 3, 2021 at 07:28 PM well if this continues , I really cant see her Opening /touring starting anytime soon, I guess we will find out soon enough next week or so, (with the tour) Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted July 3, 2021 at 09:19 PM Posted July 3, 2021 at 09:19 PM https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-07-02/nevada-leads-nation-in-covid-cases-as-300-000-descend-on-vegas What’s so frustrating about this is, just like every article about this virus, almost all of these new cases are from people who aren’t freakin vaccinated! We’ve all been vaccinated against measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus - why aren’t people getting vaccinated for Covid? It’s insane. Especially since the vaccines are proving to be effective against every variant so far. The more people don’t get vaccinated, the more the virus has a chance to mutate to a variant that becomes resistant to the vaccine and we’re back at the beginning. Here’s hoping this doesn’t affect her tour. Vegas is going to do its thing. It will reopen and they’ll open the theater - they’ve sunk too much money into it not to open it. I don’t know if the tour will be allowed to continue though because there are tens of thousands more people in one space than in the Las Vegas theaters. 5 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted July 3, 2021 at 09:42 PM Posted July 3, 2021 at 09:42 PM I'm vaxxed and still wear mine. I'm bringing a couple to Vegas also. (Added bonus, I don't have to wear makeup!!) 5 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
ehild Posted July 5, 2021 at 01:15 PM Posted July 5, 2021 at 01:15 PM well if this continues , I really cant see her Opening /touring starting anytime soon, I guess we will find out soon enough next week or so, (with the tour)That article specifically focuses on Las Vegas not the rest of the US. This may mean the theater might require masks, etc but I still doubt they'll cancel anymore tour dates and the Vegas shows. Too much money and marketing has gone into that theater. And there are 3 other big name artists in addition to Celine. And if the rates are from unvaccinated people I could see them possibly implement guidelines there farther down the road to prevent another shutdown....at this point enough stuff has opened, they won't shut it down again. 1 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
ehild Posted July 15, 2021 at 03:52 PM Posted July 15, 2021 at 03:52 PM (edited) Wishful thinking but I'd love it if she had a song from EUS as the French song for the new show. Or if that's too painful for her, D'Elles or SA has a few good options too. ETA: a friend of mine made a really good point...her first show back after Covid will be Vegas. And that show having a lot huge fans in attendance should make for a pretty epic night! Edited July 15, 2021 at 03:59 PM by ehild 4 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
Celinelife Posted July 15, 2021 at 04:23 PM Posted July 15, 2021 at 04:23 PM Seeing Celine now...I don't think she is anymore interested in all this first show thing. But yeah, expectations are high. The residency should be very good and grossing considering its predecessors were fabulous. Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted July 15, 2021 at 05:26 PM Posted July 15, 2021 at 05:26 PM Wishful thinking but I'd love it if she had a song from EUS as the French song for the new show. Or if that's too painful for her, D'Elles or SA has a few good options too. ETA: a friend of mine made a really good point...her first show back after Covid will be Vegas. And that show having a lot huge fans in attendance should make for a pretty epic night! Right?! I’m so excited to be there for that!! I wonder if the resort will make a big deal out of the fact that it’s the theater’s opening night. Maybe Carrie, Katy, and Luke will be in attendance? 1 Quote
ehild Posted July 15, 2021 at 06:53 PM Posted July 15, 2021 at 06:53 PM Right?! I’m so excited to be there for that!! I wonder if the resort will make a big deal out of the fact that it’s the theater’s opening night. Maybe Carrie, Katy, and Luke will be in attendance?That would be cool if they were! I definitely think RW will do something for opening weekend. Especially since opening night is also a fundraiser. I'm so excited to be there too!! 2 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
Céline RO Posted July 15, 2021 at 09:27 PM Posted July 15, 2021 at 09:27 PM Wishful thinking but I'd love it if she had a song from EUS as the French song for the new show. Or if that's too painful for her, D'Elles or SA has a few good options too. I always thought “Ma force” would have fitted very well into the Courage World Tour show for the French shows (maybe instead of “You’re the Voice”?). It also surprises me that she never performed “Ma faille”, it sounds like it’s made for the stage and it’s just overall a great song. For Vegas, all I can say is that I’m pretty sure it won’t be PQTME. 1 Quote The best is yet to come...
remykyes Posted July 15, 2021 at 10:13 PM Posted July 15, 2021 at 10:13 PM Well, those of us who just had their Courage shows postponed (AGAIN!) here in North America and who aren't going to be able to make it out for opening night (ME!) are going to heavily depend on all of you who are going out to either bootleg or livestream the show. 4 Quote New Signature Coming Soon!
nuts2you Posted July 15, 2021 at 11:09 PM Posted July 15, 2021 at 11:09 PM fingers crossed that we can, 1 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted July 15, 2021 at 11:58 PM Posted July 15, 2021 at 11:58 PM Well, those of us who just had their Courage shows postponed (AGAIN!) here in North America and who aren't going to be able to make it out for opening night (ME!) are going to heavily depend on all of you who are going out to either bootleg or livestream the show. I’m gonna do the best I can to stream what I can! Depending on phone battery power and signal in the venue. 1 Quote
Ukrfan Posted July 16, 2021 at 08:32 AM Posted July 16, 2021 at 08:32 AM I always thought “Ma force” would have fitted very well into the Courage World Tour show for the French shows (maybe instead of “You’re the Voice”?). It also surprises me that she never performed “Ma faille”, it sounds like it’s made for the stage and it’s just overall a great song. For Vegas, all I can say is that I’m pretty sure it won’t be PQTME. And Tu Sauras? Omg that song is so good. Like her best french uptempo song in years. I don't care if she lips it or sings it live, just bring it to the stage! 2 Quote
ordinary fan Posted July 16, 2021 at 04:03 PM Posted July 16, 2021 at 04:03 PM And Tu Sauras? Omg that song is so good. Like her best french uptempo song in years. I don't care if she lips it or sings it live, just bring it to the stage!I doubt they could do it's studio version justice, many here weren't pleased with the version of l'étoile. Most likely they would lower the key too which is not good for such type of songs Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted July 17, 2021 at 05:29 AM Posted July 17, 2021 at 05:29 AM I doubt they could do it's studio version justice, many here weren't pleased with the version of l'étoile. Most likely they would lower the key too which is not good for such type of songs Agreed. The live version of “L’étoile” SUUUUUUUCKS! Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted July 17, 2021 at 06:40 AM Posted July 17, 2021 at 06:40 AM (edited) Agreed. The live version of "L'étoile" SUUUUUUUCKS! I forgot that she sang this back in 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qooJsOQ5gRE Edit I think she sounds ok. The instrumentals are not just powerful enough especially at the chorus. It lacks something that only the studio version can give justice Edited July 17, 2021 at 06:53 AM by jpatdeleon09 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted July 17, 2021 at 01:24 PM Posted July 17, 2021 at 01:24 PM With COVID still a problem, I wouldn't be suprised if there is a postponement or cancellation of the original start date for her show. Las Vegas is definitely a magnet destination for the types of people who choose not to get vaccinated. Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted July 17, 2021 at 01:58 PM Posted July 17, 2021 at 01:58 PM With COVID still a problem, I wouldn't be suprised if there is a postponement or cancellation of the original start date for her show. Las Vegas is definitely a magnet destination for the types of people who choose not to get vaccinated. I don’t think they’ll cancel it, it’ll just be that they require vaccination or a negative test to enter the theater is more what I’m thinking. Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
couldawouldashoulda Posted July 17, 2021 at 02:55 PM Posted July 17, 2021 at 02:55 PM I don't think they'll cancel it, it'll just be that they require vaccination or a negative test to enter the theater is more what I'm thinking. I agree. Proof of vaccination will be required to enter. Although, even if it’s not, it’s only the unvaccinated at risk. The vaccines are proving to be effective against all variants. The Nov. 5 launch will happen. It’s too important to the resort owners. 1 Quote
nuts2you Posted July 17, 2021 at 02:58 PM Posted July 17, 2021 at 02:58 PM Here the latest in Vegas 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.