Jump to content

New Las Vegas residency show!


Recommended Posts

Posted

I don't think they'll cancel it, it'll just be that they require vaccination or a negative test to enter the theater is more what I'm thinking.

Exactly. This will become the new norm for large gatherings it seems. And even for smaller ones too...
  • Like 2
Posted

I don't think they'll cancel it, it'll just be that they require vaccination or a negative test to enter the theater is more what I'm thinking.

 

Vaccination passports are the way forward, but I am extremely skeptical they will happen in the USA, and especially in Nevada. Even so, the resorts and casinos may not require them due to pressure from their bottom line. Testing at the door is also good, but it's not foolproof.

 

Depending on the numbers, there comes a point where Celine would not want to risk getting sick. If she were performing a Madison Square Garden residency, this might be different. But this is Vegas.

  • Like 1
Posted

At the very least, if they don't want to ask for proof of vaccination, they will need to mandate masks inside the Theater. Everywhere else they can leave optional if they want.

 

And I imagine controlled list of people allowed inside the spaces Celine will be in. Specifically her dressing room.

  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

Vaccination passports are the way forward, but I am extremely skeptical they will happen in the USA, and especially in Nevada. Even so, the resorts and casinos may not require them due to pressure from their bottom line. Testing at the door is also good, but it's not foolproof.

 

Depending on the numbers, there comes a point where Celine would not want to risk getting sick. If she were performing a Madison Square Garden residency, this might be different. But this is Vegas.

 

I heard there’s a new variant that is more infectious called Lambda variant. I think Céline would not want to risk getting sick.

 

Since these variants decreases the efficacy rate of the vaccines.

  • Like 1
Posted
Maybe if other countries are just consistent on wearing face masks even though some are covid free just to be safe until pandemic is gone. Vaccinated or not. These variants keeps on coming and becoming more infectious.
Posted

 

 

I forgot that she sang this back in 2017

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qooJsOQ5gRE

 

Edit

 

I think she sounds ok. The instrumentals are not just powerful enough especially at the chorus. It lacks something that only the studio version can give justice

 

It’s the same problem with “Imperfections”. Hope it’s gone from the stage forever.

  • Like 1
The best is yet to come...
Posted

 

 

It’s the same problem with “Imperfections”. Hope it’s gone from the stage forever.

Hey hey hey

It's not that bad. I would love her to sing imperfections and Courage for the opening night.

  • Like 1
Posted

Hey hey hey

It's not that bad. I would love her to sing imperfections and Courage for the opening night.

Yeah and I rather have her sing that "not 100% as good as the studio track" version than no new song! I like the live version even though I agree if they would play the instrumental track too in the background it could help...
  • Like 1
Posted

It's the same problem with "Imperfections". Hope it's gone from the stage forever.

 

I really disagree. I like the live version of this song. It could use more energy but it's not nearly as dull as Imperfections. And arrangement can be easily changed. The main problem with Imperfections is that it doesn't highlight Celine's voice at all and sounds uncomfortably low for her, whereas L'etoile sits very comfortably in her range, and I think this contributes way more to the boringness of the song.

Posted (edited)

Maybe Celine will change the arrangement of Imperfections for the brand new residency.

 

But please don't do it:

"Cauuussshhee I got my oooowwn imperfections. Yeah."

Over-ing the track will ruin it, simple as it is in live is better than what she did with PQTME, EUS, MHWGO.

Edited by Celinelife
Posted

I forgot that she sang this back in 2017

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qooJsOQ5gRE

 

Edit

 

I think she sounds ok. The instrumentals are not just powerful enough especially at the chorus. It lacks something that only the studio version can give justice

 

I love this song. I was hoping for a song in this style for "Courage."

 

As for the live arrangement, I don't think the mic on this phone really captured everything that was going on. It picked up most of what was the loudest, which was Celine's voice.

  • Like 2

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted
Is it me or everyone that Celine's mic quality really went to low since René is gone? Before that it was of the best quality. her live shows would sound like her studio versions..but now all that quality is really missing.
Posted

Is it me or everyone that Celine's mic quality really went to low since René is gone? Before that it was of the best quality. her live shows would sound like her studio versions..but now all that quality is really missing.

A lot of it’s got to do with the fact that she is switching to the Wired mic. The wireless has better qualities and is digital, rather then analog.

I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!

Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant! post-26465-0-84517800-1427302581_thumb.gif

Posted (edited)
1626718923[/url]' post='2407338']

A lot of it's got to do with the fact that she is switching to the Wired mic. The wireless has better qualities and is digital, rather then analog.

I wonder why she herself opts for lower quality and insists to use that wired mic. I don’t get it. And that explanation that she started her career like that is quite silly, it’s definitely not the reason. Edited by ryba
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted

 

 

I love this song. I was hoping for a song in this style for "Courage."

 

As for the live arrangement, I don't think the mic on this phone really captured everything that was going on. It picked up most of what was the loudest, which was Celine's voice.

 

True, it’s better to hear it live than on a phone. Everything is much better if you’re there in person.

Posted (edited)

 

 

I forgot that she sang this back in 2017

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qooJsOQ5gRE

 

Edit

 

I think she sounds ok. The instrumentals are not just powerful enough especially at the chorus. It lacks something that only the studio version can give justice

 

I don’t see what all the fuss is about. Sure it could use a boost (maybe the bass?) but other than that the song sounds perfectly fine to me. Any performance of a Céline Dion B-side is better than none!

 

Try as I might, I still don’t get the “this song isn’t meant for stage” argument so many people on this forum use. I’ve never heard other fans—especially of other singers—say that … unless the artist isn’t able to hit the notes right. But when fans here say they don’t like “Imperfections” for that exact reason, they want to replace it with “The Hard away” or “Change My Mind” - songs I’m convinced she couldn’t perform vocally on a consistent basis.

 

Any song (as long as it’s interesting to begin with) is meant to be performed on stage. What makes the song a great performance is how the artist as a storyteller interprets it. Céline’s repertoire is so diverse, I can see any of her songs being worked into the setlist, given that: 1) it’s properly placed in the line-up, 2) her delivery of the lyrics is convincing and 3) that she’s still able to hit the notes or it sounds fine in a lowered key.

Edited by Chantemoi
  • Like 6
Posted (edited)

I heard there's a new variant that is more infectious called Lambda variant. I think Céline would not want to risk getting sick.

 

Since these variants decreases the efficacy rate of the vaccines.

 

Vaccination passports are the way forward, but I am extremely skeptical they will happen in the USA, and especially in Nevada. Even so, the resorts and casinos may not require them due to pressure from their bottom line. Testing at the door is also good, but it's not foolproof.

 

Depending on the numbers, there comes a point where Celine would not want to risk getting sick. If she were performing a Madison Square Garden residency, this might be different. But this is Vegas.

I know, in Las Vegas things are not looking well regarding the current situation with COVID-19 and its variants! :(

 

Even if Celine is fully vaccinated, she might still get it, even though she'd most likely only have normal/mild flu-like symptoms, but since she's a singer she'll have no other choice than to cancel/postpone some of the shows. Remember what happened in September 2019? After the third show in Quebec City, she got the flu and had to postpone some of the planned shows. :ermm:

Edited by GoldenLeaf
normal_one-heart-7.jpg

Posted

I know, in Las Vegas things are not looking well regarding the current situation with COVID-19 and its variants! :(

 

Even if Celine is fully vaccinated, she might still get it, even though she'd most likely only have normal/mild flu-like symptoms, but since she's a singer she'll have no other choice than to cancel/postpone some of the shows. Remember what happened in September 2019? After the third show in Quebec City, she got the flu and had to postpone some of the planned shows. :ermm:

 

Idk, it's a respiratory illness (plus more), and given her profession I would not risk it if I were her. If I were the hotels/casinos/restaurants, I would start firing anyone who refuses to get vaccinated and show proof.

  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

I always thought “Ma force” would have fitted very well into the Courage World Tour show for the French shows (maybe instead of “You’re the Voice”?). It also surprises me that she never performed “Ma faille”, it sounds like it’s made for the stage and it’s just overall a great song. For Vegas, all I can say is that I’m pretty sure it won’t be PQTME.

Ma Force is one of my faves from that album!! I think I'd die if that popped up in a setlist lol.

With COVID still a problem, I wouldn't be suprised if there is a postponement or cancellation of the original start date for her show. Las Vegas is definitely a magnet destination for the types of people who choose not to get vaccinated.

 

 

I don’t think they’ll cancel it, it’ll just be that they require vaccination or a negative test to enter the theater is more what I’m thinking.

Vegas is pretty much open and the governor of Nevada isn't implementing any kind of restrictions. The mayor wants it all open. That combined with how huge this project is for the strip I definitely don't see them canceling or postponing. Or requiring masks/proof of vaccinations. Any Repubican held state (I live in one) won't be implementing that unless forced to. Our governor actually made it illegal to require either and businesses can be fined for doing so. Definitely not expecting that in Vegas either. I'll most likely wear a mask a lot of places while there...but I'd have to imagine in the theater, with singing and cheering, that might be hard to do.

  • Like 1

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted

 

 

Idk, it's a respiratory illness (plus more), and given her profession I would not risk it if I were her. If I were the hotels/casinos/restaurants, I would start firing anyone who refuses to get vaccinated and show proof.

For this reason, I don't see her high fiving and hugging fans like she typically does. I think she'll talk and interact with us but I'm not expecting much beyond that just so she can protect herself. At least for a little while until Covid becomes less of a problem.

  • Like 1

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted (edited)

 

 

I don’t see what all the fuss is about. Sure it could use a boost (maybe the bass?) but other than that the song sounds perfectly fine to me. Any performance of a Céline Dion B-side is better than none!

 

Try as I might, I still don’t get the “this song isn’t meant for stage” argument so many people on this forum use. I’ve never heard other fans—especially of other singers—say that … unless the artist isn’t able to hit the notes right. But when fans here say they don’t like “Imperfections” for that exact reason, they want to replace it with “The Hard away” or “Change My Mind” - songs I’m convinced she couldn’t perform vocally on a consistent basis.

 

Any song (as long as it’s interesting to begin with) is meant to be performed on stage. What makes the song a great performance is how the artist as a storyteller interprets it. Céline’s repertoire is so diverse, I can see any of her songs being worked into the setlist, given that: 1) it’s properly placed in the line-up, 2) her delivery of the lyrics is convincing and 3) that she’s still able to hit the notes or it sounds fine in a lowered key.

 

Yes, as i have said she sounds ok here. Saying about the lack of oomph in this arrangement maybe because of the recording and it’s really better if you hear it live. That would change everything.

 

Sometimes it’s not really the singer’s fault. Sometime the arrangement is just really boring. Up tempo songs are never meant to be lowered. That is why it’s up tempo/upbeat. About the “Imperfections” song, I still prefer her performance in Macy’s and “Flying On My Own”, even though the chorus arrangement sucks i would still prefer this vegas version over Courage lowered version OF FOMO.

 

That’s why when doing upbeat songs it’s understandable if the singer lipsyncs it. I prefer lipping it when it’s upbeat time. Move, run, dance around the stage

Edited by jpatdeleon09
  • Like 2
Posted

Ma Force is one of my faves from that album!! I think I'd die if that popped up in a setlist lol.

 

 

Vegas is pretty much open and the governor of Nevada isn't implementing any kind of restrictions. The mayor wants it all open. That combined with how huge this project is for the strip I definitely don't see them canceling or postponing. Or requiring masks/proof of vaccinations. Any Repubican held state (I live in one) won't be implementing that unless forced to. Our governor actually made it illegal to require either and businesses can be fined for doing so. Definitely not expecting that in Vegas either. I'll most likely wear a mask a lot of places while there...but I'd have to imagine in the theater, with singing and cheering, that might be hard to do.

 

we'll see what the sickness rates are going forward.

Posted
Well now they are worried on top of delta variant is that the lambda variant is now in the USA to . I would not be surprised if she/AEG ends up posting this one as well,
Posted
Maybe this is why her team is so quiet as of late
Posted (edited)

Well now they are worried on top of delta variant is that the lambda variant is now in the USA to . I would not be surprised if she/AEG ends up posting this one as well,

 

Anything is always possible. But again, it won't be until 30 days before Nov. 5th that anyone will make a definitive decision as to whether or not the theater will open. There are at least 5 other singers scheduled at Caesar's Palace and the Zappos this summer and early fall. If those concerts happen, Resorts World's concerts will most likely happen. No need to worry about it now.

 

https://ew.com/music/las-vegas-residencies-tickets/

Edited by couldawouldashoulda
Posted

 

 

Anything is always possible. But again, it won't be until 30 days before Nov. 5th that anyone will make a definitive decision as to whether or not the theater will open. There are at least 5 other singers scheduled at Caesar's Palace and the Zappos this summer and early fall. If those concerts happen, Resorts World's concerts will most likely happen. No need to worry about it now.

 

https://ew.com/music/las-vegas-residencies-tickets/

That and others have already started. These are also much smaller venues compared to sports arenas. 5000 people is different from 20-30K.

 

If Celine was the only artist at RW I might be a bit more worried about it. But if they postpone her, and they want her to be the opening act because of the fundraiser, etc. that means they also have to postpone 3 other artists shows. That's a lot of maneuvering when all of Vegas is pretty much open at this point.

 

Granted a lot could happen between now and then. I really wish they'd at least ask for proof of vaccinations to enter the theaters at least (even if not for the casinos because you can distance easier there versus theater seats). But at the end of the day I'm not expecting anything major to happen here.

 

We'll know for sure by October. I doubt we'll hear anything else until then. Even when she came back in 2015 we didn't hear much until those few days/weeks leading up to the show. I feel like that's pretty typical from her camp now.

  • Like 1

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted

a friend of mine made a really good point...her first show back after Covid will be Vegas. And that show having a lot huge fans in attendance should make for a pretty epic night!

Right?! I'm so excited to be there for that!! I wonder if the resort will make a big deal out of the fact that it's the theater's opening night. Maybe Carrie, Katy, and Luke will be in attendance?

 

I can't wait! I would be totally blindsided if they canceled Nov 5. I'm so glad you mentioned it will be her first show - that makes it all the more exciting.

 

As for celebrities... what do you all think?

 

I'm going to be looking around the audience, for sure!

  • Like 2
Posted
The theater should be more high tech that has a device that kills viruses. It’s like a centralized air purifier
  • Like 2
Posted

The theater should be more high tech that has a device that kills viruses. It’s like a centralized air purifier

 

Yesterday I was reading about new air filters that are designed to kill the Covid virus. Not sure how effective they are on a large scale, but it’s possible they’ll incorporate technology like that.

  • Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...