Jump to content

New Las Vegas residency show!


Recommended Posts

Posted

Next time you’re complaining about her set list/ wig / eyebrows etc., just remember at least we still get the real thing.

 

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet
  • Like 7
Posted

Next time you're complaining about her set list/ wig / eyebrows etc., just remember at least we still get the real thing.

 

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

 

I have conflicting feelings about this but I am also a bit interested. Depending on price and if it's running when I'm there for Celine's show I'll try to go see it.

Posted

Next time you're complaining about her set list/ wig / eyebrows etc., just remember at least we still get the real thing.

 

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

 

I know this will probably sell, but I just don't get it. Why anyone would want to pay money to see a computer-generated avatar projected while "singing" to a studio track is completely beyond me. I'm already highly ambivalent about seeing artists when they lip-sync some important tracks (hmmmmm...), but at least in those cases, most (-ish) of the performance is still live.

 

If Céline ever gave up on the singing live part completely, I'd never see another show of hers again. I couldn't care less if she's there dancing around the stage live in front of me; if she's not singing, I have no reason to be there. :)

  • Like 3
Posted

 

 

 

I can't wait! I would be totally blindsided if they canceled Nov 5. I'm so glad you mentioned it will be her first show - that makes it all the more exciting.

 

As for celebrities... what do you all think?

 

I'm going to be looking around the audience, for sure!

I will be too!! I wouldn't be surprised if they canceled but given everything going on. But at the same time I really feel all that's at stake with RW I'd be surprised if they canceled or postponed any of the shows.

 

The theater should be more high tech that has a device that kills viruses. It’s like a centralized air purifier

 

 

Yesterday I was reading about new air filters that are designed to kill the Covid virus. Not sure how effective they are on a large scale, but it’s possible they’ll incorporate technology like that.

That's interesting! I wonder if it works in a similar fashion to the way air filters work on airplanes. I saw a pretty interesting piece on that last year.

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted

Next time you’re complaining about her set list/ wig / eyebrows etc., just remember at least we still get the real thing.

 

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

I feel like this is similar to the MJ Cirque show. That show has done pretty well paying tribute to him, from what I understand. I'd be curious to see how this one plays out.

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted

Curious with “Intimate and Imaginative”..

 

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

 

I want to know what they mean by “imaginative”?

Posted (edited)
In relation to Celine they mean corded mic or wireless mic in the show… you never know which one she will go for, for the show you are attending. Edited by Shamrock_1982
  • Like 1
Posted

In relation to Celine they mean corded mic or wireless mic in the show… you never know which one she will go for, for the show you are attending.

 

Yeah lol.

 

I get she likes the corded mic because it’s a little comfort for her but I don’t get it. It does more harm than good, it becomes a trip hazard, its harder to move the stage/ it limits mobility etc.

 

It’s like back in the day if someone was opting to use a corded telephone thats in the kitchen, over a cordless one that you can be in any room of the home and use.

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
Wired mic could led to wardrobe malfunction Edited by jpatdeleon09
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

Yeah lol.

 

I get she likes the corded mic because it’s a little comfort for her but I don’t get it. It does more harm than good, it becomes a trip hazard, its harder to move the stage/ it limits mobility etc.

 

It’s like back in the day if someone was opting to use a corded telephone thats in the kitchen, over a cordless one that you can be in any room of the home and use.

 

I would have thought a corded mic prevented the chance of lipsyncing malfunctions, but if she switches mics between shows then maybe it's just a safety net for her. Have something to do with her hands lol.

Edited by PuraVida
  • Like 1
Posted
I have a question that Ive always wanted to know ,, She always says that she always Nervous when she steps out on stage for Opening night shows,, but when she does TV shows , she never like that, does anyone have a answer to that
Posted

I have a question that Ive always wanted to know ,, She always says that she always Nervous when she steps out on stage for Opening night shows,, but when she does TV shows , she never like that, does anyone have a answer to that

 

Well, I’m not in Celine’s head but as a performer, I’d take a guess that a TV show, like a talk show, she’s just got to sing one song. If it’s a TV special, she knows she can do multiple takes (unless it’s an awards show where, I believe, she’s said before she was nervous singing at the Oscars, for example.) On stage, if she fu*** up, she fu*** up.

 

Also, I remember in the Oprah special, 3 boys and a New Show, Rene was showing her the rundown of the songs that night, as if it was thrown together very last minute with little rehearsal. (And, of course, that show we know was put together hastily due to the difficulty getting pregnant and the contract for the show’s start date already signed.)

Posted

 

 

Well, I’m not in Celine’s head but as a performer, I’d take a guess that a TV show, like a talk show, she’s just got to sing one song. If it’s a TV special, she knows she can do multiple takes (unless it’s an awards show where, I believe, she’s said before she was nervous singing at the Oscars, for example.) On stage, if she fu*** up, she fu*** up.

 

Also, I remember in the Oprah special, 3 boys and a New Show, Rene was showing her the rundown of the songs that night, as if it was thrown together very last minute with little rehearsal. (And, of course, that show we know was put together hastily due to the difficulty getting pregnant and the contract for the show’s start date already signed.)

And if they can put together a show like that in that amount of time, that's pretty impressive. I know planning, etc. had been going on for a while but rehearsals were really short.

 

Part of me wonders if, since they've pulled it off before, if they've just adopted that mindset over the years since to not feel as much urgency to have a year or so of rehearsals like they might have done in the past (particularly with AND when it was launched). That and with the Pandemic I'm sure that part has been hard with this show. But gives me some hope since Celine was pretty spectacular in 2011 and 2015.

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted

And if they can put together a show like that in that amount of time, that's pretty impressive. I know planning, etc. had been going on for a while but rehearsals were really short.

 

Part of me wonders if, since they've pulled it off before, if they've just adopted that mindset over the years since to not feel as much urgency to have a year or so of rehearsals like they might have done in the past (particularly with AND when it was launched). That and with the Pandemic I'm sure that part has been hard with this show. But gives me some hope since Celine was pretty spectacular in 2011 and 2015.

 

Yeah, I feel like, at this point, Celine's setlists are essentially the same - just in a different order. So there's not much for her to have to rehearse. Just any new cover songs. And, if they keep using the same orchestra, the orchestra is pretty used to playing the same songs for years now. They, too, just have to rehearse a few new songs. The biggest part of putting a Celine show together in 2021 falls mainly on the technicians. Although I'm sure Celine has a say in that and is in meetings discussing ideas, etc.

Posted

I'm really curious whether we'll see the same 'glam squad' emerge in Vegas.

 

Sidney seems to be pretty busy with other artists nowadays (she was a student of Law Roach, so I guess she was always the creative brain).

 

Haven't seen anything from Dee since May (when she took the Mother's Day pic and did some work for Audi). She's deleted her Insta apparently?

 

And Pepe, well, he'll probably come back if asked, he's said as much.

  • Like 1
Posted

I'm really curious whether we'll see the same 'glam squad' emerge in Vegas.

 

Sidney seems to be pretty busy with other artists nowadays (she was a student of Law Roach, so I guess she was always the creative brain).

 

Haven't seen anything from Dee since May (when she took the Mother's Day pic and did some work for Audi). She's deleted her Insta apparently?

 

And Pepe, well, he'll probably come back if asked, he's said as much.

Per Pepe’s IG stories, he seems to have been in Vegas a few times these last few months, so it wouldn't surprise me if he came back, honestly.

  • Like 1

I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!

Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant! post-26465-0-84517800-1427302581_thumb.gif

Posted (edited)

Per Pepe's IG stories, he seems to have been in Vegas a few times these last few months, so it wouldn't surprise me if he came back, honestly.

 

I hope he does. He is super good at doing stage outfits. He and Annie. Law wasn’t nearly as good and Céline styling herself was a total failure (Copenhagen 2017 and maybe the rest of the tour as well?).

 

I hope Dee is gone though. As for Sydney, I’m indifferent.

Edited by Céline RO
  • Like 2
The best is yet to come...
Posted (edited)

 

 

I hope he does. He is super good at doing stage outfits. He and Annie. Law wasn’t nearly as good and Céline styling herself was a total failure (Copenhagen 2017 and maybe the rest of the tour as well?).

 

I hope Dee is gone though. As for Sydney, I’m indifferent.

 

I think Celines stylish blazer and pants looked worked (both of the variations), and I also enjoyed the black bodysuit with the fringe, but it seems that wasn’t as easy to get in and out of, so it was removed. As far as I know Celine also went through a period choosing all her own Vegas gowns after the 2015 return, all of which were stunning

Edited by AdrienneM
Posted

 

 

I hope he does. He is super good at doing stage outfits. He and Annie. Law wasn’t nearly as good and Céline styling herself was a total failure (Copenhagen 2017 and maybe the rest of the tour as well?).

 

I hope Dee is gone though. As for Sydney, I’m indifferent.

 

How do you know Pepe is responsible for those stage outfits? I've always assumed it was mostly Sidney with Pepe being an 'apprentice' of sorts. He had no previous experience in fashion or styling, so it felt like Céline put him in a team with someone more experienced so he could learn.

Posted (edited)

 

 

How do you know Pepe is responsible for those stage outfits? I've always assumed it was mostly Sidney with Pepe being an 'apprentice' of sorts. He had no previous experience in fashion or styling, so it felt like Céline put him in a team with someone more experienced so he could learn.

 

Ive always seen Sidney and Dee as being the ones doing the styling and hairdressing (respectively), and Pepe more so helping Sid with picking stuff out, mostly just kind of being there as Celine's friend. But hey, that’s just me.

Edited by AdrienneM
Posted

 

 

How do you know Pepe is responsible for those stage outfits? I've always assumed it was mostly Sidney with Pepe being an 'apprentice' of sorts. He had no previous experience in fashion or styling, so it felt like Céline put him in a team with someone more experienced so he could learn.

 

I think Pepe mentioned in an interview that at first he was doing the stage outfits in 2018 while Sydney did the street outfits, then they started working together. He also credited Sydney with teaching him everything because he had no experience styling someone.

 

It's unfair to take credit away from Sydney when she is the more seasoned professional (and was around also during Law's time w/ Celine) of the two. He may be the one closest to Celine but she always talks about both of them when talking about her looks.

 

If Pepe ever stays on as her sole stylist it'll be interesting to see what happens. I have no doubt he has talent and a good eye for what may suit Celine, especially after helping style her for several years now.

  • Like 2
Posted
well I just wait to see what they do with this new show as for outfits they would put her in
Posted

 

This doesn't look good , Look whats coming

Posted

Well, it suits the intimate show, but I'm not liking this at all.

 

Wonder what this show is gonna be about

 

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

  • Like 1
Posted

Entered to their official page, it says "new brand show" :hmm: one can go and start to imagine and dream

on some nice things regarding the setlit lol but it will just be exciting (knocking on wood)

to see her live again virtually after all this time. It feels like forever.

  • Like 1

"Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City Hall

Needed where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"

Posted

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

Interesting. As much as I like the sax, it only really works for certain numbers/songs. Makes me think they're going back to a more traditional band and scrapping the whole orchestra thing. As much as I don't like to see people leave, it gives me hope they're changing up a lot stuff and coming out with an entirely new show (compared to what we've received last few years).

  • Like 1

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted
Interesting. I wonder if she's going to do a stripped-down "unplugged" type show. I can't see that really fitting Vegas nor the type of show Resorts Worlds wants to launch their theater. Still...interesting to hear that they're changing up the orchestra/band. Will she go full-on rock? (Although that doesn't sound like an "intimate" show.) :hmm:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...