Rossum89 Posted May 26, 2021 at 01:07 PM Posted May 26, 2021 at 01:07 PM Shania has announced her return to Vegas this morning, with the Let's Go! show at Zappos reopening December 2. 2 Quote http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3003/newconcertdvddesign3.jpgCredit goes to Timster for the great pic! Celine Dion - Let's Talk About Love World Tour - Boston, Massachusetts - August 22, 1998my very first concert...Celine Dion - Taking Chances World Tour - Boston, Massachusetts - August 13, 2008front row at the end of the catwalk... http://twitter-badges.s3.amazonaws.com/follow_me-a.png http://twitter-badges.s3.amazonaws.com/follow_us-c.png
PuraVida Posted May 26, 2021 at 03:15 PM Posted May 26, 2021 at 03:15 PM Shania has announced her return to Vegas this morning, with the Let's Go! show at Zappos reopening December 2. Have they been there at the same time before both performing? I wanna see them hang out!!! Quote
ehild Posted May 26, 2021 at 04:22 PM Posted May 26, 2021 at 04:22 PM (edited) Shania has announced her return to Vegas this morning, with the Let's Go! show at Zappos reopening December 2. Lady Gaga also announced she's returning in December (I believe...). All these artists making announcements, and given theater sizes in Vegas are a lot smaller compared to an arena-sized audience, gives me more hope that these shows should at least happen. Officially booked my flight yesterday!! Edit to add: vaccinations in the US are at 50% of the adult population they announced this morning. By November that should be higher. Edited May 26, 2021 at 04:23 PM by ehild 2 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
remykyes Posted May 26, 2021 at 07:16 PM Posted May 26, 2021 at 07:16 PM Lady Gaga also announced she's returning in December (I believe...). All these artists making announcements, and given theater sizes in Vegas are a lot smaller compared to an arena-sized audience, gives me more hope that these shows should at least happen. Officially booked my flight yesterday!! Edit to add: vaccinations in the US are at 50% of the adult population they announced this morning. By November that should be higher. Haven't heard of Gaga's return yet. And I'm keeping an eye on all residency announcements for my Celine dates in January. Fingers crossed there's SOMEONE good in town. (Gaga, Cher, Shania (fingers crossed she'll add more dates), etc.) that I can see alongside my two Celine dates. And yes, with the US hitting 50% of the adult population getting vaccinated, shows in Vegas in November should be good to go! 2 Quote New Signature Coming Soon!
PuraVida Posted May 26, 2021 at 07:50 PM Posted May 26, 2021 at 07:50 PM Lady Gaga also announced she's returning in December (I believe...). All these artists making announcements, and given theater sizes in Vegas are a lot smaller compared to an arena-sized audience, gives me more hope that these shows should at least happen. Officially booked my flight yesterday!! Edit to add: vaccinations in the US are at 50% of the adult population they announced this morning. By November that should be higher. I think something like 25% of people say they won't get the vaccine, so if we expect that to hold...75% by November. 2 Quote
ehild Posted May 26, 2021 at 08:06 PM Posted May 26, 2021 at 08:06 PM I think something like 25% of people say they won't get the vaccine, so if we expect that to hold...75% by November.That's a pretty good figure all things considered here! Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
scielle Posted May 26, 2021 at 09:09 PM Posted May 26, 2021 at 09:09 PM Not Céline-related (yet!) but since we were talking about Ellen in this thread yesterday - Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 5 Quote
Nmj Posted May 26, 2021 at 09:33 PM Posted May 26, 2021 at 09:33 PM Not Céline-related (yet!) but since we were talking about Ellen in this thread yesterday - Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet I much prefer her show and attitude. Of course speculation because you never really know, but Kelly seems like a normal and genuine person... and I hope to see Celine do that show, hopefully to promote the new Vegas show and her upcoming film. Her show is really good, but since she’s fairly new you can tell it isn’t the most high budget show, can’t wait to see it when the budget is increased to hopefully Ellen’s level. 1 Quote
nowanorris Posted May 26, 2021 at 09:45 PM Posted May 26, 2021 at 09:45 PM Not Céline-related (yet!) but since we were talking about Ellen in this thread yesterday -Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet I'm really happy with this decision. I think Kelly has a fantastic voice and personality to match. I look forward to Celine being on her show...someday. 4 Quote
ehild Posted May 26, 2021 at 11:10 PM Posted May 26, 2021 at 11:10 PM I much prefer her show and attitude. Of course speculation because you never really know, but Kelly seems like a normal and genuine person... and I hope to see Celine do that show, hopefully to promote the new Vegas show and her upcoming film. Her show is really good, but since she’s fairly new you can tell it isn’t the most high budget show, can’t wait to see it when the budget is increased to hopefully Ellen’s level.I'm sure it will be once she's in that time slot. They probably didn't have a huge budget to start with, but being as successful as it's been and now that they gave her this "promotion" I'd certainly expect her budget to be increased as well. 1 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
Kristinaz Posted May 27, 2021 at 12:37 AM Posted May 27, 2021 at 12:37 AM I've met Kelly she is SO nice. I think in the 5 mins I had with her I left the room feeling like I had known her 20 years. We had a full on proper convo as if she knew me for years on end. She adores Celine too so hopefully she will eventually go on the show. Kelly's a talker though just know that but she's ridiculously kind and would never make Celine feel awkward in any way. I can see the interview going on for a good 15 mins with those two non stop talking and gossip 2 Quote
PuraVida Posted May 27, 2021 at 06:21 AM Posted May 27, 2021 at 06:21 AM I've met Kelly she is SO nice. I think in the 5 mins I had with her I left the room feeling like I had known her 20 years. We had a full on proper convo as if she knew me for years on end. She adores Celine too so hopefully she will eventually go on the show. Kelly's a talker though just know that but she's ridiculously kind and would never make Celine feel awkward in any way. I can see the interview going on for a good 15 mins with those two non stop talking and gossip Yes, I think Kelly is probably the person in the music industry most likely to "get" Celine. I felt that way about her time with Rachel Ray too, they seemed so good together. 1 Quote
scielle Posted May 28, 2021 at 12:03 AM Posted May 28, 2021 at 12:03 AM Probably a wiser move, from a marketing perspective, than BBMAs. Her audience probably more likely to be watching AI and ratings just might be better, too. Well turns out Team Celine does sometimes know what they're doing. Idol was a much wiser choice than BBMAs. American Idol ratings: 6.5 million viewersBBMA: 2.8 million, down 36% from last year, a new all-time low For comparison, 2016 BBMAs, where Celine got her Icon award, pulled in 9.6 million. Seems to be a clear trend for award shows this year. Oscar ratings were dismal, Grammys, too. Sources: This year: https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2021/05/27/billboard-music-awards-2021-audience/, https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/05/ratings-for-sunday-23rd-may-2021.html; 2016: https://variety.com/2016/tv/news/ratings-abc-billboard-music-awards-dominates-despite-declines-1201781020/ 2 Quote
Nmj Posted May 28, 2021 at 12:19 AM Posted May 28, 2021 at 12:19 AM Well turns out Team Celine does sometimes know what they're doing. Idol was a much wiser choice than BBMAs. American Idol ratings: 6.5 million viewersBBMA: 2.8 million, down 36% from last year, a new all-time low For comparison, 2016 BBMAs, where Celine got her Icon award, pulled in 9.6 million. Seems to be a clear trend for award shows this year. Oscar ratings were dismal, Grammys, too. Sources: This year: https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2021/05/27/billboard-music-awards-2021-audience/, https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/05/ratings-for-sunday-23rd-may-2021.html; 2016: https://variety.com/2016/tv/news/ratings-abc-billboard-music-awards-dominates-despite-declines-1201781020/ I honestly believe Team Celine had nothing to do with AI appearance. I think RW along with Katy and Luke made that decision and used their judging platform to announce it, and also bring in Carrie who won AI, so at that point why wouldn’t they have asked Celine to record a little video like she did. Had they really wanted to do Billboard music awards they could’ve done both since AI was clearly pre recorded. 1 Quote
scielle Posted May 28, 2021 at 01:22 AM Posted May 28, 2021 at 01:22 AM I honestly believe Team Celine had nothing to do with AI appearance. I think RW along with Katy and Luke made that decision and used their judging platform to announce it, and also bring in Carrie who won AI, so at that point why wouldn’t they have asked Celine to record a little video like she did. Had they really wanted to do Billboard music awards they could’ve done both since AI was clearly pre recorded. Oh I’m pretty sure it was RW-instigated. Quite possibly even written into her contract (the requirement to do promo like this, as is the case with film star contracts). Quote
ehild Posted May 28, 2021 at 02:14 AM Posted May 28, 2021 at 02:14 AM Oh I’m pretty sure it was RW-instigated. Quite possibly even written into her contract (the requirement to do promo like this, as is the case with film star contracts).The president of RW did say in that interview a month or so ago that all of their "partners" are required to do various things to promote the property and the shows, etc. This could be part of what they meant, alongside all of the Today show announcements. And whatever future promotions they'll run. I'm sure there will be more to come to coincide with the theater itself opening. 1 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
CelinesDIVO5 Posted May 28, 2021 at 02:57 AM Posted May 28, 2021 at 02:57 AM Wait…Celine was on American Idol??? Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Nmj Posted May 28, 2021 at 03:16 AM Posted May 28, 2021 at 03:16 AM Wait…Celine was on American Idol??? Yes. See YouTube for video. Quote
ehild Posted May 28, 2021 at 06:15 PM Posted May 28, 2021 at 06:15 PM Wait…Celine was on American Idol???It was a pre-recorded video congratulating the finalists and a promo for RW. Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
ryba Posted May 28, 2021 at 07:19 PM Posted May 28, 2021 at 07:19 PM I cannot wait for the opening night footage! My wishes for the new show: - fresh, modern and edgy arrangements instead of the orchestral ones that they were doing so far- mindblowing visuals - spectacular special effects- not a „less ist more“, but a „more is more“ approach- no covers, just Celine songs, and not only the biggest hits, but also songs from ANDHC and OH 4 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted May 29, 2021 at 01:52 AM Posted May 29, 2021 at 01:52 AM Whispers in the morning..... Mind blown! 3 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Nmj Posted May 29, 2021 at 01:59 AM Posted May 29, 2021 at 01:59 AM (edited) Whispers in the morning..... Mind blown! WHISPERS IN THE MORNING, as we DROVE ALL NIGHT on a DESERT ROAD FROM VEGAS TO NOWHERE. Edited May 29, 2021 at 02:01 AM by Nmj 2 Quote
browseceline Posted May 29, 2021 at 08:37 AM Posted May 29, 2021 at 08:37 AM I cannot wait for the opening night footage! My wishes for the new show: - fresh, modern and edgy arrangements instead of the orchestral ones that they were doing so far- mindblowing visuals - spectacular special effects- not a „less ist more“, but a „more is more“ approach- no covers, just Celine songs, and not only the biggest hits, but also songs from ANDHC and OHNot gonna happen...i am sure. Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Celinelife Posted May 29, 2021 at 11:10 AM Posted May 29, 2021 at 11:10 AM (edited) My creative and realistic setlist. Starts with the background vocals humming At Seventeen.I surrender.That's The Way It IsTalkA New Day Has Come/ I'm Alive.Where Does My Heart Beat Now. Interlude leading to I drove All Night. I drove all night.Declaration Of Love.Talk.Falling Into You.Its All Coming Back To Me.Courage. Interlude.Imperfections.Talk about "over the years, I got the opportunity of singing many soundtrack.this is song is more than 30 years old, and bla bla"Beauty and the beast.How does A Moment Lasts Forever.Talk.Seduces Me.The Power Of Love.Ashes. Interlude.To Love You More.Think Twice.Talk. Medley of The Bees Gees for a beautiful tribute including the last song of the medley being Immortality. Interlude.(Courage And Falling Into You medley)Flying On My Own/ Your Light/ Nobody's Watching/ Make You Happy/ River Deep Mountains High. Quick Dress change to a beautiful straight gown of red colour.I love you/ Dreamin' Of You/ Because You Loved Me.( With a kiss cam, ah it will be hell romantic) InterludeEncore Un Soir.On Ne Changes Pas.Pour Que Tu Maimes Encore.Perfect Goodbye Interlude.My Heart Will Go On( with Titanic footage) Edited May 29, 2021 at 11:13 AM by Celinelife 1 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted May 29, 2021 at 11:34 AM Posted May 29, 2021 at 11:34 AM WHISPERS IN THE MORNING, as we DROVE ALL NIGHT on a DESERT ROAD FROM VEGAS TO NOWHERE. Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Céline RO Posted May 29, 2021 at 12:56 PM Posted May 29, 2021 at 12:56 PM The president of RW did say in that interview a month or so ago that all of their "partners" are required to do various things to promote the property and the shows, etc. This could be part of what they meant, alongside all of the Today show announcements. And whatever future promotions they'll run. I'm sure there will be more to come to coincide with the theater itself opening. Exactly what I was thinking, and it’s exciting. 1 Quote The best is yet to come...
Céline RO Posted May 29, 2021 at 01:00 PM Posted May 29, 2021 at 01:00 PM (edited) 1622229593[/url]' post='2405141']I cannot wait for the opening night footage! My wishes for the new show: - fresh, modern and edgy arrangements instead of the orchestral ones that they were doing so far- mindblowing visuals- spectacular special effects- not a „less ist more“, but a „more is more“ approach- no covers, just Celine songs, and not only the biggest hits, but also songs from ANDHC and OH I agree with everything except the last bullet point as I’d rather hear more songs from any other album than those two. And yes, they absolutely should go back to the “more is more” approach they used in the 2000s. Edited May 29, 2021 at 01:01 PM by Céline RO Quote The best is yet to come...
Nmj Posted May 29, 2021 at 01:16 PM Posted May 29, 2021 at 01:16 PM And yes, they absolutely should go back to the “more is more” approach they used in the 2000s. Was hoping for that but I don’t think it will be. The way they describe this show scares me. On the ticket website it’s described as “INTIMATE IMAGINATIVE”. I feel when Celine says “intimate” it’s more like the closed curtain acoustic medley type of show. I know that word doesn’t have to mean that, but it really seems like TC definition of it. I hope they surprise us and bring something totally different to Vegas. If we are going to get 75% the same setlist they I hope the least they can offer is something BIG and ORIGINAL when it comes to staging and visuals. Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted May 29, 2021 at 01:26 PM Posted May 29, 2021 at 01:26 PM I decided this morning to check out tickets for the other performers' openings. Katy Perry's tickets are close to what Celine's tickets were on the first day of release (before they got inflated - last I checked the seats next to mine were each going for what I paid for both! Glad I bought when I did.) Carrie and Luke's tickets are only $500-$750 for their opening nights. Katy's are around $1200. Celine's front rows were going for $2600 last I checked and, as of now, there's nothing available in Front Orchestra 4 (center) 2 Quote
nuts2you Posted May 29, 2021 at 02:50 PM Posted May 29, 2021 at 02:50 PM My creative and realistic setlist. Starts with the background vocals humming At Seventeen.I surrender.That's The Way It IsTalkA New Day Has Come/ I'm Alive.Where Does My Heart Beat Now. Interlude leading to I drove All Night. I drove all night.Declaration Of Love.Talk.Falling Into You.Its All Coming Back To Me.Courage. Interlude.Imperfections.Talk about "over the years, I got the opportunity of singing many soundtrack.this is song is more than 30 years old, and bla bla"Beauty and the beast.How does A Moment Lasts Forever.Talk.Seduces Me.The Power Of Love.Ashes. Interlude.To Love You More.Think Twice.Talk. Medley of The Bees Gees for a beautiful tribute including the last song of the medley being Immortality. Interlude.(Courage And Falling Into You medley)Flying On My Own/ Your Light/ Nobody's Watching/ Make You Happy/ River Deep Mountains High. Quick Dress change to a beautiful straight gown of red colour.I love you/ Dreamin' Of You/ Because You Loved Me.( With a kiss cam, ah it will be hell romantic) InterludeEncore Un Soir.On Ne Changes Pas.Pour Que Tu Maimes Encore.Perfect Goodbye Interlude.My Heart Will Go On( with Titanic footage) I like your set list here but You do have to remember that a lot of ppl that come dont understand any if at all her French Material ,, ex for US Die hard fansand you would have to keep it under 2 hrs Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.