Peppercorn1991 Posted May 24, 2021 at 08:36 PM Posted May 24, 2021 at 08:36 PM She was shaking hands and posing for photos like crazy during the last few shows and after shows at the hotel in NYC where at the time Covid was becoming a huge problem when it first hit the U.S, then a few days later she was ill, then the tour was postponed a few days later. Just saying… Any news on the new song? Kev x Quote
Nmj Posted May 24, 2021 at 08:42 PM Posted May 24, 2021 at 08:42 PM I get not charging for M&G's....it's one of the reasons I love her. But I totally agree here...covid needs to die down a bit before she starts up with any meet and greets. I'm also not expecting a ton of high-fives, etc to start with either. I'm sure she's vaccinated but she and a good bit of her team are 50's and up and could be high risk. Not to mention if the virus were to damage her lungs....that'd be awful and possibly career impacting for her. I'm expecting her to be pretty cautious there. Even the the last few Courage shows before everything shut down she stopped doing that so much. I understand, I don’t agree with charging money, or doing them right away... but when we reach heard immunity and this pandemic is totally behind us... she should be meeting fans. In my opinion every artist should. 1 Quote
Del Posted May 24, 2021 at 08:43 PM Posted May 24, 2021 at 08:43 PM I get that paying for M&G’s sounds a bit wrong… but it’s also also the only chance many people will get to meet their idol and have an official photo. In recent years you either have to be a celeb, high roller, competition winner, have contacts, or be seriously ill to get a M&G with her, so the idea of paying for a M&G is not a bad idea when you think of it like this. I still doubt she would ever charge for M&G’s but it’s not a bad idea if you are willing to pay for the privilege. So we will still see the same old celebs, and those with contacts still getting this opportunity backstage when she returns unfortunately.The problem I have with charging for meet and greets is the price is ridiculously high which means that only those with the financial means will be able to meet their idol. At least the way it used to be some of the fans that don't have the financial means would stand a chance. A slim chance but still an opportunity. Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk 2 Quote Instagram: @delphis78
Nmj Posted May 24, 2021 at 08:52 PM Posted May 24, 2021 at 08:52 PM (edited) The problem I have with charging for meet and greets is the price is ridiculously high which means that only those with the financial means will be able to meet their idol. At least the way it used to be some of the fans that don't have the financial means would stand a chance. A slim chance but still an opportunity. Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk Even if it’s a lotto system.... a day before the show they could draw 10 or so seat numbers and reach out to those people who bought those tickets and arrange if they want to meet Celine. I don’t know why Celine’s team can’t management something like that when the world is normal again. Edited May 24, 2021 at 08:52 PM by Nmj 4 Quote
nowanorris Posted May 24, 2021 at 08:54 PM Posted May 24, 2021 at 08:54 PM Even if it's a lotto system.... a day before the show they could draw 10 or so seat numbers and reach out to those people who bought those tickets and arrange if they want to meet Celine. I don't know why Celine's team can't management something like that when the world is normal again. This would be perfect...anything to give us even the slightest bit of a chance. 1 Quote
Dancing_Queen Posted May 24, 2021 at 09:00 PM Posted May 24, 2021 at 09:00 PM Well, the M&G's stopped so abruptly mid-tour that I feel something must have happened to make her not want to do them anymore (Bordeaux 2017 was the last time she did random M&Gs to my knowledge). 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted May 24, 2021 at 11:11 PM Posted May 24, 2021 at 11:11 PM Well, the M&G's stopped so abruptly mid-tour that I feel something must have happened to make her not want to do them anymore (Bordeaux 2017 was the last time she did random M&Gs to my knowledge). What do you mean by random? Quote
Del Posted May 24, 2021 at 11:42 PM Posted May 24, 2021 at 11:42 PM What do you mean by random?I assume it means for fans that aren't famous or don't have inside connections to be able to have meet and greets. Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk Quote Instagram: @delphis78
PuraVida Posted May 25, 2021 at 12:15 AM Posted May 25, 2021 at 12:15 AM I assume it means for fans that aren't famous or don't have inside connections to be able to have meet and greets. Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk The fairest way should be a lottery, but I wish there was a way that Team Celine members got first priority or something. 2 Quote
Kristinaz Posted May 25, 2021 at 08:02 AM Posted May 25, 2021 at 08:02 AM Well, the M&G's stopped so abruptly mid-tour that I feel something must have happened to make her not want to do them anymore (Bordeaux 2017 was the last time she did random M&Gs to my knowledge).There was something or so this is what I was told by someone who went to the mini tour now this is JUST what I've been TOLD I might be completely incorrect. Something apparently happened at one of the M&G's with one of the fans who basically straight up accused her of not mourning Rene enough and that she moved on with Pepe too quickly(this was when rumours about Pepe and Kaven were rife) and he basically insulted her and said some more mean things to her and so they stopped it. I was at an event that night but I remember getting a text from a friend that something had gone down during one of the meet and greets. I asked about it too in Vegas and they(as in her people) told me they were thinking of stopping it regardless because while initially all you had to do was write an email to info@feelings with some background on why you wanted to meet Celine when you'd be going etc alot of people began abusing the system and their contacts and quite frankly I felt Celine was getting sick of them and I noticed it often caused her to be late starting the show. During the Courage tour because I kept the M&G thread updated the only way you met her is if you were a celeb or won through an auction or radio contest. She did very very few M&G's for Courage. It was very much the same thing towards the end of the Vegas run too. I don't know entirely how the 2018 Asian tour worked though I was having a rough time in my life then so I checked out for a while. 3 Quote
ehild Posted May 25, 2021 at 11:55 AM Posted May 25, 2021 at 11:55 AM There was something or so this is what I was told by someone who went to the mini tour now this is JUST what I've been TOLD I might be completely incorrect. Something apparently happened at one of the M&G's with one of the fans who basically straight up accused her of not mourning Rene enough and that she moved on with Pepe too quickly(this was when rumours about Pepe and Kaven were rife) and he basically insulted her and said some more mean things to her and so they stopped it. I was at an event that night but I remember getting a text from a friend that something had gone down during one of the meet and greets. I asked about it too in Vegas and they(as in her people) told me they were thinking of stopping it regardless because while initially all you had to do was write an email to info@feelings with some background on why you wanted to meet Celine when you'd be going etc alot of people began abusing the system and their contacts and quite frankly I felt Celine was getting sick of them and I noticed it often caused her to be late starting the show. During the Courage tour because I kept the M&G thread updated the only way you met her is if you were a celeb or won through an auction or radio contest. She did very very few M&G's for Courage. It was very much the same thing towards the end of the Vegas run too. I don't know entirely how the 2018 Asian tour worked though I was having a rough time in my life then so I checked out for a while.Wow!! If that's true that's awful! Imagine meeting your idol and then turning around and being completely awful to her all in the same breath...SMH. I hadn't realized they stopped doing them that far back but but I don't blame her. But: playing devils advocate here. It's been so long since that happened. And most of us aren't heartless enough to do something like that. It doesn't seem fair to just outright stop them altogether because of one person in all the years she's done them. I understand why she stopped it at the time but I wish she'd reconsider now (once covid has calmed down some more). Even if she didn't do them every night, so as not to get burnt out, I'd love to see more fans at least have the opportunity. Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 25, 2021 at 12:10 PM Posted May 25, 2021 at 12:10 PM Abusive Beaches. Who is that person? How dare that person said those mean words to Céline. Who are you? You are nothing but a second rate trying hard Copycat lol but yeah that is so mean. I feel bad for Céline. Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 25, 2021 at 01:04 PM Posted May 25, 2021 at 01:04 PM I like her speaking voice here. She sounded healthy. It reminds me of her speaking voice back in 2007. I guess the long rest from shows really did help. Can't wait to hear her voice again in her comeback later this year. (like i will see her live in person lol) 1 Quote
Kyle_Jared Posted May 25, 2021 at 01:37 PM Posted May 25, 2021 at 01:37 PM I think y'all are crazy for going to this show while covid is still a very real threat. I'll be fully vaccinated but who knows what wave we'll be in by then. America is trying to re-open to save the economy but i just don't feel comfortable going to a theatre with 5000 people who i have no idea of their history with COVID. Even if i am fully inoculated. Not yet. No thanks. Also, depending on what happens with a fall wave and impacts from other countries don't be surprised if November 5 comes and goes with no show.. WAY too risky for me. Quote
nowanorris Posted May 25, 2021 at 01:51 PM Posted May 25, 2021 at 01:51 PM I think y'all are crazy for going to this show while covid is still a very real threat. I'll be fully vaccinated but who knows what wave we'll be in by then. America is trying to re-open to save the economy but i just don't feel comfortable going to a theatre with 5000 people who i have no idea of their history with COVID. Even if i am fully inoculated. Not yet. No thanks. Also, depending on what happens with a fall wave and impacts from other countries don't be surprised if November 5 comes and goes with no show.. WAY too risky for me. To each their own - but I wouldn't call those of us choosing to go "crazy". I think we've all learned from this past year that literally anything can happen. I have my tickets and will assume the VERY low risk of being exposed having been fully vaccinated because my mental health is also a top priority and getting out and resuming "normal" life is part of the mental healing process that my body so desperately needs after this horrible year. And 100%...if Covid comes raging back due to a new strain or something, of course shows would need to be canceled. I think we are all aware of this, but it's not wrong for us to begin feeling excitement for things starting to look really good here in the US. We wait and see and hope and pray that the trend continues in the direction it is with cases and deaths plumeting quickly as they are now. I choose hope for the near future because the alternative is way too depressing. Those choosing to wait it out and not return to concerts at this point in time, that's 100% their choice as well. It's definitely going to take some time easing back into normal as things progress. 5 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted May 25, 2021 at 02:05 PM Posted May 25, 2021 at 02:05 PM Yeah - I'm completely prepared for the show to possibly not happen. But the way the U.S. is opening (and the rate at which it's vaccinating its citizens) I have a feeling Las Vegas will be open for business in November. Even though I'm fully vaccinated, I may still wear a mask at the concert. I don't know. It's so far away. But it feels good to have something to look forward to. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. But if it does...Imma be there opening night to cheer on my favorite singer! 3 Quote
Celinelife Posted May 25, 2021 at 02:53 PM Posted May 25, 2021 at 02:53 PM I think y'all are crazy for going to this show while covid is still a very real threat. I'll be fully vaccinated but who knows what wave we'll be in by then. America is trying to re-open to save the economy but i just don't feel comfortable going to a theatre with 5000 people who i have no idea of their history with COVID. Even if i am fully inoculated. Not yet. No thanks. Also, depending on what happens with a fall wave and impacts from other countries don't be surprised if November 5 comes and goes with no show.. WAY too risky for me.Thank you for that! I agree with you Quote
Celinelife Posted May 25, 2021 at 02:53 PM Posted May 25, 2021 at 02:53 PM There are 76% chances the show will not happen. Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted May 25, 2021 at 02:55 PM Posted May 25, 2021 at 02:55 PM There are 76% chances the show will not happen. That's a very specific number. On what data do you make this hypothesis? Quote
Celinelife Posted May 25, 2021 at 03:18 PM Posted May 25, 2021 at 03:18 PM (edited) That's a very specific number. On what data do you make this hypothesis?On my country's hypothesis 🙃🙂 and the way they posteponed CWT dates of 2022. Edited May 25, 2021 at 03:19 PM by Celinelife Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted May 25, 2021 at 03:30 PM Posted May 25, 2021 at 03:30 PM On my country's hypothesis and the way they posteponed CWT dates of 2022. You do realize that India is having a way different Covid disaster right now - mainly because they're vaccination rollout hasn't been great. Not really India's fault; the wealthier countries are hoarding the vaccines. But the U.S. Covid new rates, hospitalizations, and deaths keep dropping. Fingers crossed things continue to go in that direction. And I do hope that India can get through the truly horrible state they're in right now and that other countries can step up and help facilitate that. 2 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 25, 2021 at 03:58 PM Posted May 25, 2021 at 03:58 PM What do you guys think of the song "Breakaway" from the album (Loved Me Back To Life)? Do you think it's time to include this to her shows? Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted May 25, 2021 at 04:25 PM Posted May 25, 2021 at 04:25 PM (edited) Christ... I didn’t realise this was the coalition of rabid defenders of Ellen DeGeneres forum... And of course an investigation into one of their, if not THE TOP, money and traffic bringing television chat show hosts of all time isn’t going to expose them as a bad person or prove any of the allegations towards them, that’s not how the corporate investigations work lol May mods/admins also address the fact that criticisms of a celebrity has resulted in personal attacks that are way out of proportion? Thanks! NBC is no joke when it comes to investigating their own and taking action when something is proven. Matt Lauer was fired almost on the spot for the sexual allegations against him. And he was one of the top news anchors the network ever had. NBC wouldn’t cut corners with Ellen. Edited May 25, 2021 at 04:45 PM by CelinesDIVO5 1 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
CelinesDIVO5 Posted May 25, 2021 at 04:30 PM Posted May 25, 2021 at 04:30 PM ABM gained its steam in live shows... the money notes. Same thing with “I Surrender” not a hit but well known hit due to live shows and also singing competitions. ABM gained plenty of steam from radio play. It was number 4 in the US, number 1 for 3 weeks on the Adult Contemporary charts and was certified Gold at it’s time of release. This is not at all comparable to how “I Surrender” became a fan favorite. Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
CelinesDIVO5 Posted May 25, 2021 at 04:35 PM Posted May 25, 2021 at 04:35 PM TLYM is another hit due to the continued push of performing this song in live shows. It shows if she’s willing to sing a non hit it will become A hit. Otherwise, here in the USA TLYM was not a hit success. Other songs she made “hits” due to push are “I’m Alive”, and “LCMM”. Meanwhile songs actually charted higher like ANDHC and IDAN are currently being ignored. IDAN was given plenty of stage time lol. TLYM was a hit in the US actually. It spent 8 weeks at #1 on the Adult Contemporary chart, as well as hitting #11 on the Hot 100 AirPlay chart. Not too shabby for a promo only single. Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Celinelife Posted May 25, 2021 at 04:44 PM Posted May 25, 2021 at 04:44 PM You do realize that India is having a way different Covid disaster right now - mainly because they're vaccination rollout hasn't been great. Not really India's fault; the wealthier countries are hoarding the vaccines. But the U.S. Covid new rates, hospitalizations, and deaths keep dropping. Fingers crossed things continue to go in that direction. And I do hope that India can get through the truly horrible state they're in right now and that other countries can step up and help facilitate that.I do. But I am just if they posteponed the CWT of 2022. There are CHANCES (I am not saying absolutely so don't start the arguement) that it might happen that they will not do it, afterall fans' health should be the priority. And people don't actually follow the protocols. FIY read or don't read, its not related to Celine. India has vaccinated 19crore of it 130crore population, that it 190Million. Quote
Celinelife Posted May 25, 2021 at 04:45 PM Posted May 25, 2021 at 04:45 PM IDAN was given plenty of stage time lol. TLYM was a hit in the US actually. It spent 8 weeks at #1 on the Adult Contemporary chart, as well as hitting #11 on the Hot 100 AirPlay chart. Not too shabby for a promo only single.I loved the CWT's To Love You More, the last moment, when everyone is waving their hands, its very emotional. And I really hope they do I Drove All Night. 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted May 25, 2021 at 04:47 PM Posted May 25, 2021 at 04:47 PM NBC is no joke when it comes to investigating their own and taking action when something is proven. Matt Lauer was fried almost on the spot for the sexual allegations against him. And he was one of the top news anchors the network ever had. NBC wouldn't cut corners with Ellen. Actually NBC stonewalled a bit there and their history is a bit mixed. https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/the-scandal-that-keeps-on-giving-at-nbc-news/2019/10/27/3c6a989a-f8b0-11e9-8190-6be4deb56e01_story.html 1 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted May 25, 2021 at 04:51 PM Posted May 25, 2021 at 04:51 PM I do. But I am just if they posteponed the CWT of 2022. There are CHANCES (I am not saying absolutely so don't start the arguement) that it might happen that they will not do it, afterall fans' health should be the priority. And people don't actually follow the protocols. FIY read or don't read, its not related to Celine. India has vaccinated 19crore of it 130crore population, that it 190Million. Yes, what you say is of course possible. But they have yet to cancel the CWT in the states. It's very possible, with sports arenas/stadiums being able to open at full capacity, the U.S. will allow concerts to go forward again as well. Or, the sporting events turn into super spreaders and everything is shut down again. The U.S. has vaccinated 60% of its population so things might be well. Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted May 25, 2021 at 04:55 PM Posted May 25, 2021 at 04:55 PM (edited) Actually NBC stonewalled a bit there and their history is a bit mixed. https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/the-scandal-that-keeps-on-giving-at-nbc-news/2019/10/27/3c6a989a-f8b0-11e9-8190-6be4deb56e01_story.html I was unaware of all of this. I just knew that Lauer had been fired hours after an accusation as this article states. That being said, I can’t see NBC wanting this kind of publicity again, which just furthers my point that they wouldn’t investigate Ellen on such despicable claims and then still keep her and deem her not responsible. Edited May 25, 2021 at 04:55 PM by CelinesDIVO5 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.