Jump to content

New Las Vegas residency show!


Recommended Posts

Posted

 

I loved the CWT's To Love You More, the last moment, when everyone is waving their hands, its very emotional.

 

And I really hope they do I Drove All Night.

 

100% agree. She had the same time whole stadium singing along to that one. I got goosebumps!

Posted (edited)

 

NBC is no joke when it comes to investigating their own and taking action when something is proven. Matt Lauer was fired almost on the spot for the sexual allegations against him. And he was one of the top news anchors the network ever had. NBC wouldn’t cut corners with Ellen.

 

Have you read Ronan Farrow’s Catch and Kill? I’d say in the case of NBC, quite the opposite is true.

 

Edit: Oh, I see someone already linked to a WaPo article on the subject. Anyway, read the book. It’s excellent!

Edited by scielle
  • Like 1
Posted

Have you read Ronan Farrow's Catch and Kill? I'd say in the case of NBC, quite the opposite is true.

 

Edit: Oh, I see someone already linked to a WaPo article on the subject. Anyway, read the book. It's excellent!

 

I think that book helps prove the tendency of big institutions/corporations to protect their own and shielding the truth despite wrongdoing.

 

To bring it back to Celine, I think it's very admirable Celine has been drama free for most of her career and Rene seems to have done good business with all his partners.

Posted (edited)

Quick question:

 

I know Vegas has runtime limits for their shows... but does that still apply to Celine?

 

What was the runtime for her previous residencies? 90 minutes? 2 hours?

Edited by smw
Posted

 

 

Yes, what you say is of course possible. But they have yet to cancel the CWT in the states. It's very possible, with sports arenas/stadiums being able to open at full capacity, the U.S. will allow concerts to go forward again as well. Or, the sporting events turn into super spreaders and everything is shut down again. The U.S. has vaccinated 60% of its population so things might be well.

Yes.

But we can just wait. Only time will tell.

Posted
Hi Guys, I bought 2 tix opening night, 6th row seats from and center! Row FF, based on the seating chart, I'm assuming it's 6 row seats. Whom else is going that weekend...we should start another thread for a meet up!
  • Like 1
Posted

Quick question:

 

I know Vegas has runtime limits for their shows... but does that still apply to Celine?

 

What was the runtime for her previous residencies? 90 minutes? 2 hours?

 

It Was 90 minutes... the longer Celine was in Vegas the less she took this “rule” seriously!

I don’t know if this was a broad Vegas rule or more of a Caesars Palace rule, maybe it won’t apply at RW.

 

However, regardless to that rule Celine doesn’t really do longer shows and if she not my much. She typically is usually under 2 hrs always.

 

Posted

 

 

I read somewhere that Katy Perry, intends to make her show “a show for the senses”, she said to be working with technology of not only hearing and seeing, but also smelling and tasting. I wonder how that’s gonna happen, but I do respect the artistry and effort... I’m sure Katy will have people talking.

 

The pressure is on for Celine, she needs to have a spectacular show... I know she doesn’t need “gimmicks” but now on her THIRD Las Vegas Residency, it’s time to do something, somehow different. It doesn’t seem like that will happen, considering they weren’t even creative enough to give the show a proper name; but I’m hoping they surprise us all.

 

There is no pressure on Celine at all. Who is katy perry?? If someone has the choice between Celine or katy perry 😂😂😂😂. Celine is the queen of Vegas and the queen of music They can put on a show as spectacular as they want but they will never beat our queen❤️

  • Like 3
Posted

Quick question:

 

I know Vegas has runtime limits for their shows... but does that still apply to Celine?

 

What was the runtime for her previous residencies? 90 minutes? 2 hours?

 

A New Day clocked in at 90 but if you watch YouTube videos of the 2nd residency, it usually clocked in around 1 hr 45. CWT is the same.

Posted

 

 

There is no pressure on Celine at all. Who is katy perry?? If someone has the choice between Celine or katy perry 😂😂😂😂. Celine is the queen of Vegas and the queen of music They can put on a show as spectacular as they want but they will never beat our queen❤️

 

Oh, brother...

  • Like 4
Posted

A New Day clocked in at 90 but if you watch YouTube videos of the 2nd residency, it usually clocked in around 1 hr 45. CWT is the same.

Those 15 minutes are due to that Ashes speech... :P
  • Like 4
Posted

 

There was something or so this is what I was told by someone who went to the mini tour now this is JUST what I've been TOLD I might be completely incorrect. Something apparently happened at one of the M&G's with one of the fans who basically straight up accused her of not mourning Rene enough and that she moved on with Pepe too quickly(this was when rumours about Pepe and Kaven were rife) and he basically insulted her and said some more mean things to her and so they stopped it. I was at an event that night but I remember getting a text from a friend that something had gone down during one of the meet and greets.

 

I asked about it too in Vegas and they(as in her people) told me they were thinking of stopping it regardless because while initially all you had to do was write an email to info@feelings with some background on why you wanted to meet Celine when you'd be going etc alot of people began abusing the system and their contacts and quite frankly I felt Celine was getting sick of them and I noticed it often caused her to be late starting the show.

 

During the Courage tour because I kept the M&G thread updated the only way you met her is if you were a celeb or won through an auction or radio contest. She did very very few M&G's for Courage. It was very much the same thing towards the end of the Vegas run too. I don't know entirely how the 2018 Asian tour worked though I was having a rough time in my life then so I checked out for a while.

 

I would gladly go to jail for killing this guy. Who does he think he is to insult her like that what did she ever do to him. Hate it that people like this do get a meet and greet. Wish there was a system to proof you are a real fan because everybody can say that. Maybe they can take some blood from me and they will not see dna but CDna 😂😍

  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

Oh, brother...

 

What is that mean brother?

Posted

Those 15 minutes are due to that Ashes speech... :P

 

But, believe it or not, I've been watching BEFORE Ashes came out! She had long speeches way before that. :giggle:

Her opening speech was 7 minutes and then before the "ANDHC/TTWII/IA" medley...good God, but she just wouldn't shut up!

  • Like 3
Posted

 

 

But, believe it or not, I've been watching BEFORE Ashes came out! She had long speeches way before that. :giggle:

Her opening speech was 7 minutes and then before the "ANDHC/TTWII/IA" medley...good God, but she just wouldn't shut up!

 

For me she can talk 90 min😂. Love this sexy clown😍

  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

There is no pressure on Celine at all. Who is katy perry?? If someone has the choice between Celine or katy perry 😂😂😂😂. Celine is the queen of Vegas and the queen of music They can put on a show as spectacular as they want but they will never beat our queen❤️

 

There IS A BIG PRESSURE. For a number of reasons but some include:

 

1. This is her THIRD residency, she has everything to prove that enough isn’t a enough.

2. She’s sharing a room with un arguably, three other more modern artists, with fan bases also in Vegas a lot. More local less travel from overseas compared to Celine.

3. Vegas is in another recession they put that crazy pressure on her to sell out and “rescue the city”. ( this is so un needed but they do it).

4. She’s always sold out, she has to prove she can still do in the long run. This time with EVEN more seats to fill.

5. She would be still finishing a world tour including North America, asking a lot of the same people to see her again in a close time frame ( which also should be pressure to change a lot of stuff)

6. She has to feel the pressure to do something different and better each and every time she does a new production.

..... I could keep going.

 

I don’t have a worry that she will be just fine but to say there’s no pressure would be wrong.

  • Like 4
Posted

 

 

For me she can talk 90 min😂. Love this sexy clown😍

 

I don’t mind a little talking especially the non scripted stuff, but Rene was right at a certain point enough is enough and it’s time to “zip it and start singing”. People paid to hear her sing not talk forever. She could’ve sang 7 more songs in the time it took that Ashes speech to finish.

  • Like 4
Posted

Hi Guys, I bought 2 tix opening night, 6th row seats from and center! Row FF, based on the seating chart, I'm assuming it's 6 row seats. Whom else is going that weekend...we should start another thread for a meet up!

 

Ive mention it before , but if you want to do one thats fine , it would be great to see who's going and where everyone sitting ,

Posted

Do you guys seeing a MOSH Pit ,, I cant really see it happing this time around , Your/they will have More Security Guards then what was at CP ,

And what's everyone Opinion on if they will let us Video it , Like we also did with CP

Posted

Do you guys seeing a MOSH Pit ,, I cant really see it happing this time around , Your/they will have More Security Guards then what was at CP ,

And what's everyone Opinion on if they will let us Video it , Like we also did with CP

 

I think the mosh pit days will be over... especially since this is a new venue, a new show, and we're still in a pandemic.

 

& I'm not sure about the filming... my assumption is we will be told not to film / take pictures but many people still will.

Posted

What do you guys think of the song "Breakaway" from the album (Loved Me Back To Life)? Do you think it's time to include this to her shows?

 

Absolutely!

  • Like 1
The best is yet to come...
Posted
it all depends on the concept of the show, that they have in mind
Posted

Do you guys seeing a MOSH Pit ,, I cant really see it happing this time around , Your/they will have More Security Guards then what was at CP ,

And what's everyone Opinion on if they will let us Video it , Like we also did with CP

 

My prediction: no mosh pit, filming will be allowed.

The best is yet to come...
Posted
Highly doubt a mosh pit will happen with the pandemic still happening. You never know about filming. I think everyone has accepted the fact that you can't stop people from using their phones to take video. No way of knowing for certain until the shows starts.
Posted
I don't foresee a mosh pit either - and even if there were, as much as I'm ready to attend a concert, I'm not sure I'm ready to be squeezed up against all of the fans screaming and breathing directly down my neck again so I'd probably sit it out for a while anyway. Baby steps back to normal for me. lol
  • Like 2
Posted

But, believe it or not, I've been watching BEFORE Ashes came out! She had long speeches way before that. :giggle:

 

Her opening speech was 7 minutes and then before the "ANDHC/TTWII/IA" medley...good God, but she just wouldn't shut up!

When she recently said that she doesn't really know why people go to her shows, well let's hope someone on her team will tell her that it's not for her rambling speeches... :lol:
  • Like 1
Posted

I like her speaking voice here. She sounded healthy. It reminds me of her speaking voice back in 2007. I guess the long rest from shows really did help. Can't wait to hear her voice again in her comeback later this year. (like i will see her live in person lol)

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soT6SimsioM

 

:celinelooksgreat:

 

 

Just wanted to try out this emoji haha

  • Like 3
The best is yet to come...
Posted
I don't see a mosh pit at the beginning being possible given we're coming out of a pandemic. She seemed to like it during the last run and she feeds off the energy so, long-term, I can see it returning.
  • Like 1

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted

If Celine did another "artist medley" like she did for MJ and Prince, I wish the next one she does would be.......Donna Summer!!!

 

She would sound amazing singing Macarthur Park or Hot Stuff or Bad Girls etc. etc.

  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...