No1IrishFan Posted August 21, 2024 at 07:28 AM Posted August 21, 2024 at 07:28 AM I think that if it’s happening this year, it has to be announced by the end of August. That’s next Friday. I know she’ll sell the tickets and it will be a massive success even it’s announced in Sept/Oct but I think to be fair to everyone it has to be announced sooner. I don’t know what you guys are like with leave from work but we’ve been asked to consider all leave requests for quarter 4 of the year and have it submitted by early September. It’s a busy time. In the interest of fairness, everyone should be given time to plan. I’d be annoyed if the window was really small as the average person can’t drop everything. In the same breath I understand why Celine might prefer that approach given the unpredictability of her condition. It’s a balancing act really. That’s not to say she can’t announce it later this year for a 2025 start…. 1 Quote
mirage Posted August 21, 2024 at 04:33 PM Posted August 21, 2024 at 04:33 PM (edited) Janet Jackson just announced her Resorts World residency opening Dec 30th.Tickets on sale next week. These are her 10 dates. December 2024: 30, 31January 2025: 3, 4February 2025: 5, 7, 8, 12, 14, 15 https://www.instagram.com/p/C-8DGlQvVTl/?igsh=MWZ4cDg4b3oxNDRvbg== Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk Edited August 21, 2024 at 04:36 PM by mirage Quote
Nmj Posted August 21, 2024 at 05:38 PM Posted August 21, 2024 at 05:38 PM Janet Jackson just announced her Resorts World residency opening Dec 30th.Tickets on sale next week. These are her 10 dates. December 2024: 30, 31January 2025: 3, 4February 2025: 5, 7, 8, 12, 14, 15 https://www.instagram.com/p/C-8DGlQvVTl/?igsh=MWZ4cDg4b3oxNDRvbg== Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk I guess that means Celine in March at earliest… that’s usually her lucky month to launch shows. Quote
Abodi2002 Posted August 21, 2024 at 07:10 PM Posted August 21, 2024 at 07:10 PM I guess that means Celine in March at earliest… that’s usually her lucky month to launch shows. I could see opening week being middle or late March. Are there any other shows going on at the moment in Vegas between now and December? Quote
Nmj Posted August 21, 2024 at 07:45 PM Posted August 21, 2024 at 07:45 PM I could see opening week being middle or late March. Are there any other shows going on at the moment in Vegas between now and December? No. At RW it’s just Janet, who begins on NYE … and she’s only going 10 shows so it’s possible for Celine but seems unlikely now. I’m thinking it’ll be Carrie wraps up, then Janet, who wraps up in mid February… then Celine sometime in March. 2 Quote
Jeanette Posted August 21, 2024 at 09:48 PM Posted August 21, 2024 at 09:48 PM Surely the shows could still potentially take place in November then, no?! I would say it’s likely she would only be doing a very limited run in the first instance to see how she goes so wouldn’t say it’s nigh-on-impossible for this year but I do agree it’s looking less and less likely with every week of silence that passes. Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted August 23, 2024 at 12:38 PM Posted August 23, 2024 at 12:38 PM Virgin Holiday sale is on now and there are some great deals for Nov\Feb & March. Just wish she would announce the dates now! 2 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted August 26, 2024 at 01:38 PM Posted August 26, 2024 at 01:38 PM (edited) So now that Janet has given dates… Are we thinking she could still do November before Janet. Late Feb/early March. Or April when there are no headliners at this point scheduled to perform for the rest of next year after the first week of April. She announced in mid June she was doing Vegas, it was mentioned late July the contract was done… so even it was late next year… please just give us a date so we can begin planning and saving for those who have yet to start. Edited August 26, 2024 at 01:39 PM by Shamrock_1982 Quote
KyleVan41 Posted August 26, 2024 at 11:20 PM Posted August 26, 2024 at 11:20 PM So now that Janet has given dates… Are we thinking she could still do November before Janet. Late Feb/early March. Or April when there are no headliners at this point scheduled to perform for the rest of next year after the first week of April. She announced in mid June she was doing Vegas, it was mentioned late July the contract was done… so even it was late next year… please just give us a date so we can begin planning and saving for those who have yet to start. Prices are really good now for a lot of dates right up to end of March next year …I just checked Quote
mirage Posted August 28, 2024 at 09:30 PM Posted August 28, 2024 at 09:30 PM https://www.instagram.com/reel/C_Ob37goFx0/?igsh=MWdsa3FyNzl6bDd1eQ== Seeing all these footage, really hope they will release some it one day. Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk 3 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted August 29, 2024 at 04:30 PM Posted August 29, 2024 at 04:30 PM https://www.instagram.com/reel/C_Ob37goFx0/?igsh=MWdsa3FyNzl6bDd1eQ== Seeing all these footage, really hope they will release some it one day. Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk Who made this? Quote
Ororo Munroe Posted August 30, 2024 at 09:39 PM Posted August 30, 2024 at 09:39 PM https://www.instagram.com/reel/C_Ob37goFx0/?igsh=MWdsa3FyNzl6bDd1eQ== Seeing all these footage, really hope they will release some it one day. Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk What can we expect now...this silence is related with her health condition or is it a commercial strategy ? Quote
Nmj Posted August 31, 2024 at 01:01 AM Posted August 31, 2024 at 01:01 AM What can we expect now...this silence is related with her health condition or is it a commercial strategy ? We all thought that August would be a big month, and nothing has happened, we are one day away from September let’s hope something is announced or happens… Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted August 31, 2024 at 08:46 AM Posted August 31, 2024 at 08:46 AM (edited) I’m starting to loose interest unless they announce something in September. Off topic.. Desperately trying to get a ticket to see Coldplay in Dublin tomorrow night… they really know how to put on one hell of a show and really get the crowd involved and visually the show is beautiful! Edited August 31, 2024 at 08:47 AM by Shamrock_1982 Quote
No1IrishFan Posted August 31, 2024 at 10:18 AM Posted August 31, 2024 at 10:18 AM I’m starting to loose interest unless they announce something in September. Off topic.. Desperately trying to get a ticket to see Coldplay in Dublin tomorrow night… they really know how to put on one hell of a show and really get the crowd involved and visually the show is beautiful! follow theconcertcelebrity on insta. They’ve got tickets sorted for people the last 2 nights of Coldplay. they’re all about oasis atm but dm them and they should be able to help. it was an epic show, hope you get sorted. 1 Quote
CélineI'mAlive Posted August 31, 2024 at 10:55 AM Posted August 31, 2024 at 10:55 AM We all thought that August would be a big month, and nothing has happened, we are one day away from September let’s hope something is announced or happens… I know a bit about marketing, and I think the strategy they are going to use is that Team Celine will not post anything on Céline Dion's social media for a few days, so that the publication of the residency dates will have more views. It is something very common in the world of community management. Quote
RosieBarron Posted August 31, 2024 at 11:25 AM Posted August 31, 2024 at 11:25 AM (edited) We all thought that August would be a big month, and nothing has happened, we are one day away from September let’s hope something is announced or happens… Crazy idea I know, but maybe Celine wanted a break in August with the kids like most parents do during school holidays? There was never any indication from her or her team that an announcement was imminent, the hype was created by fans. The timing of the Olympics performance wasn't chosen by her. If things aren't ready yet then they aren't ready yet. Edited August 31, 2024 at 11:27 AM by RosieBarron 3 Quote
Dancing_Queen Posted August 31, 2024 at 12:16 PM Posted August 31, 2024 at 12:16 PM I'll forever be a bit worried whenever she 'disappears' on us like this. But she did look fine/healthy in Denver. As much as I want to believe in Vegas, I'm starting to fear that Vital Vegas may have been onto something. Maybe she wants it so badly that the people around her don't want to take that away from her. She honestly looked do tiny and fragile when I saw her at the hotel in Paris. But then again, she's always looked a bit fragile, even when she was a ball of energy. Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted August 31, 2024 at 01:15 PM Posted August 31, 2024 at 01:15 PM The links Resorts World use to get tickets for their Vegas headliners always have the same format; www.axs.com/janetinvegas www.axs.com/carrieinvegas etc etc… And while a Céline link has also been created, it obviously has yet to go live with info. but I can’t help but check it daily just incase lol. 1 Quote
CélineI'mAlive Posted August 31, 2024 at 02:34 PM Posted August 31, 2024 at 02:34 PM Celine Dion (axs.com) I found this Quote
Abodi2002 Posted August 31, 2024 at 03:59 PM Posted August 31, 2024 at 03:59 PM Celine Dion (axs.com) I found this What is this? If there’s anything actually on screen, it’s not accessible for me. It shows as though there’s 12 pages of something, but it seems like a blank screen other than that and the website name. Quote
RosieBarron Posted August 31, 2024 at 04:47 PM Posted August 31, 2024 at 04:47 PM (edited) What is this? If there’s anything actually on screen, it’s not accessible for me. It shows as though there’s 12 pages of something, but it seems like a blank screen other than that and the website name. It is showing dates for shows. Appears to be old dates, doesn't specify a year and the shows are at Ceasars Palace. Also quite an out of date picture of Celine. Edited August 31, 2024 at 04:51 PM by RosieBarron Quote
Céline RO Posted August 31, 2024 at 07:44 PM Posted August 31, 2024 at 07:44 PM It is showing dates for shows. Appears to be old dates, doesn't specify a year and the shows are at Ceasars Palace. Also quite an out of date picture of Celine. They’re from 2014-15, many of the dates were eventually cancelled. Quote The best is yet to come...
Céline RO Posted August 31, 2024 at 07:58 PM Posted August 31, 2024 at 07:58 PM Crazy idea I know, but maybe Celine wanted a break in August with the kids like most parents do during school holidays? There was never any indication from her or her team that an announcement was imminent, the hype was created by fans. The timing of the Olympics performance wasn't chosen by her. If things aren't ready yet then they aren't ready yet. She confirmed Vegas in interviews that were aired or published in June, saying that they were “putting a new show together”. And then again in June at the documentary premiere. Already two/three months ago now she was repeatedly saying things like “I’m ready”, “I’m back”, “let’s party again!”, “I hope you come”. Sounds very much like something imminent to me, the sort of thing you would say around the time that dates are announced and tickets are about to go on sale. So no, the hype was not built up by fans, Céline herself made it sound like this is going to happen any day now. Quote The best is yet to come...
Céline RO Posted August 31, 2024 at 08:05 PM Posted August 31, 2024 at 08:05 PM (edited) 1725106618[/url]' post='2460171']I'll forever be a bit worried whenever she 'disappears' on us like this. But she did look fine/healthy in Denver. As much as I want to believe in Vegas, I'm starting to fear that Vital Vegas may have been onto something. Maybe she wants it so badly that the people around her don't want to take that away from her. She honestly looked do tiny and fragile when I saw her at the hotel in Paris. But then again, she's always looked a bit fragile, even when she was a ball of energy. She looked, and honestly always looks (apart from the documentary), in super good shape and energetic, and Paris to me was no different. She was literally running around, dancing, jumping up and down, standing through the car roof while pumping her fist, and so on. I personally don’t notice any difference whatsoever to the Céline we’ve always known - except, of course, we know to some extent what she’s going through behind the scenes. Frankly, if I didn’t have any knowledge of the fact that Céline has SPS, I would not doubt for one second that the woman we see in those images can go on stage and perform for two, three or even five hours without a sweat. Edited August 31, 2024 at 08:11 PM by Céline RO 1 Quote The best is yet to come...
RosieBarron Posted August 31, 2024 at 08:33 PM Posted August 31, 2024 at 08:33 PM She confirmed Vegas in interviews that were aired or published in June, saying that they were “putting a new show together”. And then again in June at the documentary premiere. Already two/three months ago now she was repeatedly saying things like “I’m ready”, “I’m back”, “let’s party again!”, “I hope you come”. Sounds very much like something imminent to me, the sort of thing you would say around the time that dates are announced and tickets are about to go on sale. So no, the hype was not built up by fans, Céline herself made it sound like this is going to happen any day now. I beg to differ. No time line was given. In the interviews in June she also said that she was still rebuilding her voice. I think some fans took her talking about Vegas and the one off performance at the Olympics and ran with what they wanted to happen. I am sure Vegas will come but when she is fully ready. 5 Quote
Leite Posted August 31, 2024 at 09:58 PM Posted August 31, 2024 at 09:58 PM This is just my take on this. Of course Celine wants to return and sing as soon as possible. We had the chance to see that she really misses singing and her fans. We know that this is what she was born to do. Performing is her life. She is rich enough to retire, but she just doesn't want to . On the other hand she is still a woman in her fifties with SPS. She is not just cured, its not a simple cold. She still has to fight on a daily basis. As her doctor said :She was happy that she was able to do the olympics,but is she cured and well...noConclusion we as fans should expect her to come back,of couse. Keeping in mind that this has to be done when,where and how her body permits. The important thing is that she wants to comeback and that she is a fighter. Dates and places are not important. Even if she comes out and just sings one song,to me that would be more than enough. I truly admire her 4 Quote
CélineI'mAlive Posted August 31, 2024 at 10:04 PM Posted August 31, 2024 at 10:04 PM Many thanks for the aclarations! Quote
CélineI'mAlive Posted August 31, 2024 at 10:04 PM Posted August 31, 2024 at 10:04 PM What is this? If there's anything actually on screen, it's not accessible for me. It shows as though there's 12 pages of something, but it seems like a blank screen other than that and the website name. Old dates Quote
CélineI'mAlive Posted August 31, 2024 at 10:09 PM Posted August 31, 2024 at 10:09 PM They’re from 2014-15, many of the dates were eventually cancelled. A Peruvian newspaper wrote about that the Céline Dion residence in Caesar's palace. The notice talk about that: '' The singer has been in talks with Resorts World for months to start a new residency in late 2024 or early 2025. Although it is not expected to be a full-length show, several sources say that "it is basically a done deal". A source commented that Dion "has a passion for returning to the stage and is going to do it.'' Celine Dion regresa a su residencia en Las Vegas (cosas.pe) 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.