catlovergirl1982 Posted September 8, 2024 at 02:58 AM Posted September 8, 2024 at 02:58 AM Guys, maybe Paris and all the hype / promo around it proved too much? Maybe it's caused her to rethink her timeline? Maybe she's needed further / different treatment. We just don't know. These "demands" on a date for Vegas residency seem really unreasonable to me. Aww you poor thing wanting to plan your holidays and vacations. Meanwhile Celine lives day to day with SPS. She'll announce dates when, and indeed if, she's ever ready. EXACTLY!!!!!!! Yessss another voice of reason within the Celine fandom!! Quote
catlovergirl1982 Posted September 8, 2024 at 03:00 AM Posted September 8, 2024 at 03:00 AM I beg to differ. No time line was given. In the interviews in June she also said that she was still rebuilding her voice. I think some fans took her talking about Vegas and the one off performance at the Olympics and ran with what they wanted to happen. I am sure Vegas will come but when she is fully ready. EXACTLY!!!!!!! Yessss another voice of reason within the Celine fandom!! 1 Quote
Ororo Munroe Posted September 9, 2024 at 05:07 PM Posted September 9, 2024 at 05:07 PM EXACTLY!!!!!!! Yessss another voice of reason within the Celine fandom!! ���� I guess she will release a new album before a résidence. Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted September 9, 2024 at 05:29 PM Posted September 9, 2024 at 05:29 PM I guess she will release a new album before a résidence. She didn't in 2011 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Alex_Incognito Posted September 9, 2024 at 05:29 PM Posted September 9, 2024 at 05:29 PM I guess she will release a new album before a résidence. She didn't in 2011 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Jeanette Posted September 9, 2024 at 08:33 PM Posted September 9, 2024 at 08:33 PM Was just thinking about things with regards to the return to Vegas and after my post in the random thread got to thinking that perhaps things have to be pushed back to suit her band’s availability or maybe they’re trying to get new band members together. There is a lot to be orchestrated with regards to her return after all, it’s not just a case of kicking things off when Celine’s ready to go again. Quote
Abodi2002 Posted September 10, 2024 at 02:14 AM Posted September 10, 2024 at 02:14 AM Was just thinking about things with regards to the return to Vegas and after my post in the random thread got to thinking that perhaps things have to be pushed back to suit her band’s availability or maybe they’re trying to get new band members together. There is a lot to be orchestrated with regards to her return after all, it’s not just a case of kicking things off when Celine’s ready to go again. at this point I wonder about backup singers too. There was discussion of Barnev no longer being in the picture. Any information on others? 2 Quote
Abodi2002 Posted September 10, 2024 at 02:14 AM Posted September 10, 2024 at 02:14 AM (edited) Was just thinking about things with regards to the return to Vegas and after my post in the random thread got to thinking that perhaps things have to be pushed back to suit her band’s availability or maybe they’re trying to get new band members together. There is a lot to be orchestrated with regards to her return after all, it’s not just a case of kicking things off when Celine’s ready to go again. at this point I wonder about backup singers too. Double post. Not sure how to delete. Edited September 10, 2024 at 02:16 AM by Abodi2002 Quote
RosieBarron Posted September 10, 2024 at 04:56 AM Posted September 10, 2024 at 04:56 AM She didn't in 2011 In fairness she was a bit busy before the 2011 residency start date. Still remarkable she even started the residency when she did. Quote
RosieBarron Posted September 10, 2024 at 04:56 AM Posted September 10, 2024 at 04:56 AM (edited) She didn't in 2011 Delete Edited September 10, 2024 at 04:57 AM by RosieBarron Quote
Céline RO Posted September 10, 2024 at 06:01 AM Posted September 10, 2024 at 06:01 AM at this point I wonder about backup singers too. There was discussion of Barnev no longer being in the picture. Any information on others? Well we know that Denis Savage isn’t her co-manager anymore. I don’t know whether he’s still with her perhaps in a different role, like going back to being tour director or just sound engineer. Whatever the scenario, it would probably mean something with regard to Élise being back as a backup singer. Quote The best is yet to come...
Céline RO Posted September 10, 2024 at 06:04 AM Posted September 10, 2024 at 06:04 AM In fairness she was a bit busy before the 2011 residency start date. Still remarkable she even started the residency when she did. For better or worse, it was, like in 2003, René who was pushing for it because of a contract that he had gotten into years earlier and didn’t want to get out of, although the 2011 residency was delayed because of the babies. Quote The best is yet to come...
Jeanette Posted September 10, 2024 at 10:21 AM Posted September 10, 2024 at 10:21 AM Well we know that Denis Savage isn’t her co-manager anymore. I don’t know whether he’s still with her perhaps in a different role, like going back to being tour director or just sound engineer. Whatever the scenario, it would probably mean something with regard to Élise being back as a backup singer. I’ve also thought of this depending on the situation with Denis and how that went down but perhaps he was only ever co-managing along with Dave on a temporary basis, I mean what experience did he have in this role really but that would be such a shame given Elise has been with her for so long. I feel Celine needs the stability of people she knows and trusts around her so for me a new band and backing singers wouldn’t be in her best interests at this time given what she’s been and is going through. Quote
Céline RO Posted September 10, 2024 at 10:24 AM Posted September 10, 2024 at 10:24 AM that would be such a shame given Elise has been with her for so long. True, but Denis himself has been with her for even longer, since 1987 I believe. 2 Quote The best is yet to come...
Abodi2002 Posted September 10, 2024 at 11:57 AM Posted September 10, 2024 at 11:57 AM Well we know that Denis Savage isn’t her co-manager anymore. I don’t know whether he’s still with her perhaps in a different role, like going back to being tour director or just sound engineer. Whatever the scenario, it would probably mean something with regard to Élise being back as a backup singer. it would be a shame if Élise wasn’t a backup singer anymore. She’s been with Celine since at least 1994 I think. 4 Quote
ordinary fan Posted September 10, 2024 at 02:56 PM Posted September 10, 2024 at 02:56 PM it would be a shame if Élise wasn't a backup singer anymore. She's been with Celine since at least 1994 I think.Hope Elise is still there, the chemistry between her and Celine seems to be so well and I like her very much. And yes I think stability is something important for Celine too. and it would simply be beautiful given that Élise is in the band since '94. She deserves her place in my opinion 1 Quote
Dreamy Posted September 10, 2024 at 04:05 PM Posted September 10, 2024 at 04:05 PM (edited) Indeed.I think the current members of the band she has since Aldo changed it. I really like the current members of her band. She has the very best in my opinion. Elise will be there that is for sure. Maybe some back singers will be replace but knowing how Céline definitely the same ones unless one of them has already retired. We will see! Lots of xxxxxxx Edited September 10, 2024 at 04:06 PM by Dreamy 1 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted September 10, 2024 at 04:10 PM Posted September 10, 2024 at 04:10 PM The only backup singer I want replaced…is Barnev. Byeeeeeee!!! 4 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
CelinesDIVO5 Posted September 10, 2024 at 04:11 PM Posted September 10, 2024 at 04:11 PM (edited) Delete Edited September 10, 2024 at 04:11 PM by CelinesDIVO5 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Nmj Posted September 10, 2024 at 04:13 PM Posted September 10, 2024 at 04:13 PM The only backup singer I want replaced…is Barnev. Byeeeeeee!!! Unless Celine fires anyone, they’ll all be back… they all have gigs to stay busy but I’m sure none of these small gigs hold a candle or pay that hold as being part of Celine’s band. Quote
seantrainor Posted September 13, 2024 at 09:28 PM Posted September 13, 2024 at 09:28 PM (edited) I don't think Elise is going anywhere... she's like what Maryann is to Mariah. Been with her for decades and I can't see that changing anytime soon. I think Dawn will come back too. Barnev is questionable and honestly she needs a new male BGV. Not one male singer has compared to Terry Bradford. Edited September 13, 2024 at 09:32 PM by seantrainor Quote https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbAYHWyU8AEWKub.jpg
Nmj Posted September 13, 2024 at 09:43 PM Posted September 13, 2024 at 09:43 PM I don't think Elise is going anywhere... she's like what Maryann is to Mariah. Been with her for decades and I can't see that changing anytime soon. I think Dawn will come back too. Barnev is questionable and honestly she needs a new male BGV. Not one male singer has compared to Terry Bradford. I’ve spoken to Barnev and he’s game to return according to him. Quote
mirage Posted September 13, 2024 at 09:50 PM Posted September 13, 2024 at 09:50 PM I don't know about Celine her backings. They are good, but I've seen better.Last concert I saw was Diana Ross, those backings were insane!Would love to see and hear more variety . Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk 1 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted September 13, 2024 at 10:28 PM Posted September 13, 2024 at 10:28 PM I don't think Elise is going anywhere... she's like what Maryann is to Mariah. Been with her for decades and I can't see that changing anytime soon. I think Dawn will come back too. Barnev is questionable and honestly she needs a new male BGV. Not one male singer has compared to Terry Bradford. Scary Bradford was also horrifying. 1 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
KyleVan41 Posted September 13, 2024 at 10:37 PM Posted September 13, 2024 at 10:37 PM (edited) Oh dear God Bradford would scare Mariah back to sanity if he came back. Edited September 13, 2024 at 10:38 PM by KyleVan41 Quote
Nmj Posted September 13, 2024 at 11:24 PM Posted September 13, 2024 at 11:24 PM Oh dear God Bradford would scare Mariah back to sanity if he came back. Maybe she outta go get Wynn Starks. 1 Quote
isurrender Posted September 14, 2024 at 10:56 AM Posted September 14, 2024 at 10:56 AM I am quite surprised about the post-Olympics silence. I thought I couldn't be more surprised (to read : disappointed) by Céline's management and yet, here we are. Of course, I don't know if this is Celine's health status related but TBH, I was surprised she left Paris so quickly to begin with. It seems she got a new management and new social media team around the Olympics but what for? ... Beside if she vetoes all the ideas, you can't run an IG page like you managed your website in 2000. This is what is happening right now. So I don't know where lies the issue( which is ironic , because we have been rooting for a artist who self proclaims an "open book" but we don't know s***)... Don't get me wrong, I 'm not saying she has to something all the time but there's a gap between doing nothing and doing at least 1 thing in almost 2 months. More surprisingly, we saw her a phone in hands most of her Paris time. One could think she would share something she did herself...Why never a story ? Never a reel? People who run her social media can' do miracles if the artist is not a minimum involved. I think she has been blocking all this stuff because there's no way that among her team, her sons or whatever no one came up with a random day-to-day stuff. 1 Quote
mirage Posted September 14, 2024 at 11:38 AM Posted September 14, 2024 at 11:38 AM I am quite surprised about the post-Olympics silence. I thought I couldn't be more surprised (to read : disappointed) by Céline's management and yet, here we are. Of course, I don't know if this is Celine's health status related but TBH, I was surprised she left Paris so quickly to begin with. It seems she got a new management and new social media team around the Olympics but what for? ... Beside if she vetoes all the ideas, you can't run an IG page like you managed your website in 2000. This is what is happening right now. So I don't know where lies the issue( which is ironic , because we have been rooting for a artist who self proclaims an "open book" but we don't know s***)... Don't get me wrong, I 'm not saying she has to something all the time but there's a gap between doing nothing and doing at least 1 thing in almost 2 months. More surprisingly, we saw her a phone in hands most of her Paris time. One could think she would share something she did herself...Why never a story ? Never a reel? People who run her social media can' do miracles if the artist is not a minimum involved. I think she has been blocking all this stuff because there's no way that among her team, her sons or whatever no one came up with a random day-to-day stuff.I expected maybe a bit too much after the Olympics. Though the social media presence isn't maybe what I would love to see, at least they post 'new' stuff and keep it going. Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk Quote
Jeanette Posted September 14, 2024 at 12:29 PM Posted September 14, 2024 at 12:29 PM I think perhaps most of us expected more but I feel as if it was sold to us that way by Celine herself. Maybe when she kept proclaiming she was back, she herself was just happy to be back doing something and got a bit over zealous. I believe her now though when she said she will be back on stage but she didn’t know when. Definitely sure the thing she was bursting to tell Hoda was about her performance at the Olympics. I’m just gonna try and keep patient going forward now as I’m sure nothing’s going to happen until 2025. Quote
Jeanette Posted September 14, 2024 at 12:30 PM Posted September 14, 2024 at 12:30 PM I think perhaps most of us expected more but I feel as if it was sold to us that way by Celine herself. Maybe when she kept proclaiming she was back, she herself was just happy to be back doing something and got a bit over zealous. I believe her now though when she said she will be back on stage but she didn’t know when. Definitely sure the thing she was bursting to tell Hoda was about her performance at the Olympics. I’m just gonna try and keep patient going forward now as I’m sure nothing’s going to happen until 2025. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.